Type keyword(s) to search

Josie and Kelton: They Have Employable Skills

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Josie's mantel. How drably sad. If it wasn't for the brown mantel I would assume this was a black and white photo.

image.png.ec5cbbae157f5fce50dadc3e93db3ab6.png

Drab and head scratching.  All their instagram-worthy family photos would look a lot better in those frames. 

• Like 4
  • Love 5

Josie is showing off what appears to be Christmas decorations (watched muted) and OMG what is it with these girls and bland decor? She also showed off a pair of PJs and no surprise it’s off white. It matches her equally bland picture frames. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, SMama said:

Josie is showing off what appears to be Christmas decorations (watched muted) and OMG what is it with these girls and bland decor? She also showed off a pair of PJs and no surprise it’s off white. It matches her equally bland picture frames. 

I saw that! Can you imagine growing up surrounded by nothing but beige? It must be like living inside a UPS truck. 

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

Saddest Christmas decorations ever.

My daughter-in-law prefers a minimally decorated tree with white lights.  BUT she also has a tree for the kids which has coloured lights and pretty much any decorations they want. Gotta let kids be kids.

• Like 11

I know it's been said before, but those giant mirrors propped against the wall make me very nervous.  Someone's going to knock one of those down and get hurt.  I guess because I have cats, I learned a long time ago that anything leaning up against a wall is fair game for knocking over.

• Like 4
  • Love 7
58 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I know it's been said before, but those giant mirrors propped against the wall make me very nervous.  Someone's going to knock one of those down and get hurt.  I guess because I have cats, I learned a long time ago that anything leaning up against a wall is fair game for knocking over.

They can be anchored.  Both my daughter and daughter-in-law have mirrors about half that size and they are securely attached to the wall.

I can see Kelton making sure the mirror was secure.  Evan and Carlin?  Not so much.

• Like 5

Yuck.  I was never allowed to do that as a kid.  When we baked and decorated cookies, everything was spread out on the kitchen table and we sat or stood at the table.  Not on it.  Flowers and rainbows do not come out of anyone's behind.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
4 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

Yuck.  I was never allowed to do that as a kid.  When we baked and decorated cookies, everything was spread out on the kitchen table and we sat or stood at the table.  Not on it.  Flowers and rainbows do not come out of anyone's behind.

Well, maybe a unicorn. 🌈

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Not to mention Josie's long hair in the cookies. Duggar-style. 

I see the Balkas' house is almost as neutral and boring as the Stewarts'. What is that thing above their range that is not a vent hood nor a microwave? 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

Well speak for yourself!  You should see my flowers and rainbows🥰. Nah, Mami would have put me in my place and make me wipe the counter.

I cut them some slack based on two factors. I doubt those cookies will be consumed by anyone but the four of them.

Kelton lost his mother when he was 15 (?) and I have no idea if there has been a female role model for him. What am I saying, he’s a man, no female influence needed.

Then there’s Josie, who grew up feral. It seems she’s trying since her house is not a mess, and seems to strive for better.

Like the Duggars the Bates 19 grew feral. Initially both families had the chore charts and assembly line parenting down. But this is not a sustainable model. Then there’s the parents, K&G, who are lazy AF.

I recall Carlin standing on a table at her paternal grandparents’ home. Jane yelled at her to get off the table because people were going to eat on the table clothed surface she was standing on. Carlin ignored her grandma because when you live in a free for all, chaotic, rudderless existence you don’t know any better.

I also recall Alyssa warning her siblings in advance about leaving the food alone until Allie’s first birthday party started. Lawson, a full grown man kept shoving strawberries in his mouth and laughing. 

I’m sure there are dozens of examples when K&G simply ignored the rude, disrespectful behavior of their children. Gil should have told Carlin to get off the table and respect her grandmother since she was their host.

Terrible beliefs aside, I hope Josie learns from her in-laws, and those friends outside her bubble. Or any other close to normal functioning person.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

Yeah Josie is no cleaner than Carlin; and I assume it's an across the board thing with all the kids having grown up feral. I mean my "favorite" Josie thing was when some friend left a box of donuts on their doorstep. She doesn't pick up the box and bring it in, nope the girls plop right down on the front porch for donut time sitting amid white marks that look like paint droppings or bird dropping, touching the ground every 2 seconds while eating. The experience was complete with the older child picking out the younger child's donut and placing it ON THE DOORMAT for the younger child to eat. You know the doormat that daddy wipes his shoes on after a day of plumbing jobs and the Amazon guy steps on 8000 times/wk having just walked across parking lots and grass recently fertilized with chemical fertilizer. Then I guess Josie wants to bring the kids in so NBD just grab the younger child's donut and shred it into pieces on her high chair and let her finish eating there - you know the thing that was just sitting on the doormat.

I feel like all these girls feel as long as hair and makeup are IG ready - who cares about actual cleanliness.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, cereality said:

I feel like all these girls feel as long as hair and makeup are IG ready - who cares about actual cleanliness.

Well, they don't believe in science unless it suits their beliefs (see: Kelly and her progesterone treatments). And they grew up like they lived in a sty, so no, they don't care about cleanliness. I'm surprised their houses aren't visibly cluttered, although they are carefully curated for social media so who knows. 

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Heathen said:

Not to mention Josie's long hair in the cookies. Duggar-style. 

I see the Balkas' house is almost as neutral and boring as the Stewarts'. What is that thing above their range that is not a vent hood nor a microwave? 

I think it’s a decorative cover for the vent hood/exhaust. I’ve seen similar on home flipping shows.

• Like 3

Josie posted a clip of Willow singing in her stories.  It took me a few seconds to understand what she was singing, but it was some song about O B E D I E N C E. 🥺

When my granddaughter was Willow’s age she was singing “Baby Shark”. 
This made me very sad for Willow.  

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 15
14 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I saw the video, but I couldn't understand her. Now I'm glad. This makes me irrationally angry for Willow.

Nothing irrational about being angry on behalf of a child indoctrinated in such a manner. Fundies no matter the pretty packaging are immensely adept at stealing childhoods.

• Like 4
  • Sad 6
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Josie posted a clip of Willow singing in her stories.  It took me a few seconds to understand what she was singing, but it was some song about O B E D I E N C E. 🥺

When my granddaughter was Willow’s age she was singing “Baby Shark”. 
This made me very sad for Willow.  

A favorite camp and Sunday school song in my youth! As a kid I loved it. Looking back I’m horrified. 

• Like 5
  • Hugs 1
22 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Just wow.

This, this right here is why so many children are sexually abused in these so called religious, godly families. Immediate obedience to show you believe no matter what is being done to you. I’ve seen so much as a former SW and forensic interviewer, still have nightmares. But this, this song, with the innocent, sweet voices, the happy music, this has made me teary eyed and choked up. How many kids have silently suffered, remained obedient to please a non existent entity? 😞

• Sad 15

No part of this surprises me. I mean has no one noticed how "authoritarian" Kelton is. Yeah he loves his wife and kids blah blah, but his home will run HIS way -- i.e. whichever way church says is best. And yeah these churches teach obedience from the time kids can talk. Parents LOVE it bc then when the kid acts out bc they won't put on their socks - all they have to do is scream out INSTANT OBEDIENCE or THE LORD IS WATCHING or whatever - and the kid hops to it. No one has two brain cells to rub together to figure out what happens when some other adult demands instant obedience in some nefarious way and the kid feels they must do it bc the Lord is watching.

I mean we've seen Carlin's bestie Joy Duggar say INSTANT OBEDIENCE to her kids despite being freaking abused herself. We've seen Evan talk about "training" Layla, teaching her to obey.

Hate to say it but we can already see the effects. Josie and Carlin go to the same church though the don't interact. Carlin posted an IG a while ago of the pastor holding nearly 3 yr old Layla BETWEEN HER LEGS as she wore a dress with his hand up the back of the dress?? It was one of those WTF moments which every normal viewer noticed but complete obedience being what it is, that child did not sense anything weird about it, ask to be put down, reach out to go into mom or dad's arms and mom and dad being doofuses stood there laughing along with their pastor bestie having a full conversation while this was unfolding. Yeah Kelton/Josie don't appear to be in the pastor's circle - prob bc Carlin/Evan are - but it's not like there aren't a zillion other church members and family members who could act the same with their obedient kid.

• Like 3
  • Sad 8
6 hours ago, cereality said:

No part of this surprises me. I mean has no one noticed how "authoritarian" Kelton is. Yeah he loves his wife and kids blah blah, but his home will run HIS way -- i.e. whichever way church says is best. And yeah these churches teach obedience from the time kids can talk. Parents LOVE it bc then when the kid acts out bc they won't put on their socks - all they have to do is scream out INSTANT OBEDIENCE or THE LORD IS WATCHING or whatever - and the kid hops to it. No one has two brain cells to rub together to figure out what happens when some other adult demands instant obedience in some nefarious way and the kid feels they must do it bc the Lord is watching.

I mean we've seen Carlin's bestie Joy Duggar say INSTANT OBEDIENCE to her kids despite being freaking abused herself. We've seen Evan talk about "training" Layla, teaching her to obey.

Hate to say it but we can already see the effects. Josie and Carlin go to the same church though the don't interact. Carlin posted an IG a while ago of the pastor holding nearly 3 yr old Layla BETWEEN HER LEGS as she wore a dress with his hand up the back of the dress?? It was one of those WTF moments which every normal viewer noticed but complete obedience being what it is, that child did not sense anything weird about it, ask to be put down, reach out to go into mom or dad's arms and mom and dad being doofuses stood there laughing along with their pastor bestie having a full conversation while this was unfolding. Yeah Kelton/Josie don't appear to be in the pastor's circle - prob bc Carlin/Evan are - but it's not like there aren't a zillion other church members and family members who could act the same with their obedient kid.

And didn’t Kelton try to approach Josie as a teenager? He’ll be pimping out his poor daughters before you know it. 😢

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Hmmm, I wonder if Josie is pregnant. In her recent reel there was a quick shot of a rounded belly as she was shilling clothes. Typically Josie puts on each piece of clothing as she shills, this time she just held them up with the exception of a big puffy coat. The rest of the reel was Kelton cooking, with occasional shots of Josie from the chest up.

Couldn't grab to shot I wanted, but got this one.

image.png.33458556bdd6e59d37df3b1f8e081e9b.png

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
4 minutes ago, SMama said:

Both Josie and Carlin have talked and shown their faces with break outs. That probably wouldn’t happen as often if they didn’t apply make up by the pound.

I doubt it's the makeup as much as genetics and not cleaning properly, as in double cleanse. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

I hardly recognized Josie without her make up on. These girls look so made up and fake.

Josie could be the poster child for one of those "power of makeup" memes. She looks like a completely different person without it. 

Carlin did an Ulta haul yesterday and mentioned switching to a lighter foundation, so maybe she's become aware that the heavy spackle isn't doing her skin any favors. 

• Like 6

The Balkas, T&L, Warden, Jackson and girlfriend (can’t recall her name), and most likely the minors at home are on their way to Colorado. John is also going.

I didn’t expect Michael, Erin, or Tori to go. So that leaves C&E, W&Z, and L&T sitting this one out. I really expected Tiffany and Lawson to go since they travel monthly. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1