Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

My state had a law go into effect yesterday that if a child is used for paid content on a family's vlog and is featured in more than 30% of said content, the parents must set up a trust fund and put aside a percentage of earnings. The child can access the funds when they are 18. The child(ren) get 50% of the content they are in, so if they are featured in 70% of the content they get 35%. Besides the fact that the math would probably be hard for Evan & Carlin, could you imagine their faces when they find out all the funds aren't theirs?
(I didn't realize the law was a thing until it made the news yesterday, but since I don't vlog and don't exploit my grands for funds I didn't pay much attention to it. But as soon as I read this yesterday I thought of these two)

I'm more concerned about the damage the constant play acting these kids are forced to do. They're too young to know what's normal and what's not. Its not like they are on set and then go home to normal life. Or even having an outside camera crew that comes in and then leaves. This is the kids every day lives and its their parents directing and filming.

They are also being taught that things and appearance is very important.

I really believe C&E's preoccupation with influencing makes them shitty parents and they're likely cold and distant to L&Z when the cameras are off.

While getting future compensation is great it doesn't give them back their childhoods. I suppose it will help with therapy though.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm more concerned about the damage the constant play acting these kids are forced to do. They're too young to know what's normal and what's not. Its not like they are on set and then go home to normal life. Or even having an outside camera crew that comes in and then leaves. This is the kids every day lives and its their parents directing and filming.

They are also being taught that things and appearance is very important.

I really believe C&E's preoccupation with influencing makes them shitty parents and they're likely cold and distant to L&Z when the cameras are off.

While getting future compensation is great it doesn't give them back their childhoods. I suppose it will help with therapy though.

I don't disagree with you at all, Carlin's constant search for content made me think of it. And I live in Illinois, so this wouldn't apply to them. As someone who also lived in Tennessee for several years, I don't see that state ever passing something like it to give those kids even that little bit of help.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I do wonder what level of education the Bates children received at the school of Kelly Jo Bates. Did they study a foreign language, advanced math, world history? Did they learn about other cultures and religions other than their own narrow views? Attending school is so much more than reading, writing and simple math.  I have a feeling that the Bates kids learned just enough to be literate. And it looks like most if not all will continue this same practice with their children. 

I think the Bateses are ahead of the Duggars and are capable of literacy.  Several of the kids finished at least a certificate or degree at a Christian college.  Zach was able to do the police academy.  I think most or all Duggars would struggle with any of those things.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 7

Hmmm, I don't see any Dig Safe flags or markings. I wonder if they have pulled the proper permits and such.

And is this guy going to dig aimlessly? Usually there is at least a center mark, if not an entire spray painted outline.

Oh, oops maybe there are some markings. If those are for the pool, that's very close to the house.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

If those are for the pool, that's very close to the house.

It’s very close to the patio. Another piece of equipment has arrived.

IMG_7136.jpeg

IMG_7137.jpeg

“I guess I'm just so surprised everything is happening so quickly I felt like this would be a longer process”

She’s such a ditz. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)

She thinks it’s 14x20, and will go from 4’ to 5’, maybe 5 1/2 feet. It will have a slide, and a tanning ledge. Evan has added wanting “3 holes for water to shoot out of”. Between the patio and pool will be a patch of grass that they “will pour pavers into”.

She sounded ridiculous, and doesn’t know the difference between after and during apparently.

IMG_7155.jpeg

IMG_7156.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 2

I know everyone has different preferences, but I think Carlin is going to regret not putting in a deep end. Maybe it's not as much of an issue in TN, but in Las Vegas where I live a 4-ft pool would be a bathtub by the first week in July. Depth keeps the water cooler. On the flip side, she's probably planning on having twenty people there at any given time so a shallow pool has room for everyone to stand around. 

• Like 4

Yeah, that pool will be awful.

We have had two homes with pools, one in Dallas and one in Las Vegas. Both had 8 foot deep ends. Interestingly, the Dallas pool felt like a lukewarm bath by August but the Vegas pool never gets too warm due to constant evaporation and autofill. I think the humidity also played a factor. Knoxville is more similar to Dallas climate-wise. That pool is not going to be very refreshing. 

• Like 3
On 7/2/2024 at 4:30 PM, Absolom said:

So they began the pool July 1?  Bah humbug.  Does that mean it will be completed right about the time swimming season ends in Tennessee?

I’m guessing that it’ll be completed by Thanksgiving.

• Like 3

It looks like the pool will be very close to the edge of the patio. if that were my house I would be checking the doors constantly to make sure that the kids could not get out. This scares especially with Zade being so young and not understanding the dangers of water.  

• Like 4

Looks like The Stew Crew is headed to Bill & Jane’s farm, Katie posted they were too. Another invasion of Bates, hopefully this isn’t too overwhelming for the grandparents.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Looks like The Stew Crew is headed to Bill & Jane’s farm, Katie posted they were too. Another invasion of Bates, hopefully this isn’t too overwhelming for the grandparents.

I can understand them all going. It's Bill's birthday, and they don't know how many they have left with him. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, 65mickey said:

It looks like the pool will be very close to the edge of the patio. if that were my house I would be checking the doors constantly to make sure that the kids could not get out. This scares especially with Zade being so young and not understanding the dangers of water.  

I noticed that, too.  The kids seemingly will have little yard in which to run around and play and, unless they're planning on removing the patio, it is going to be very tough to properly fence in the pool, not that these dunderheads were planning on it.

• Like 1