Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

She has mentioned medical bills a few times.  Yet suddenly there is a new $400 bouncy house in their backyard. So either they really aren't hurting for money or they are racking up considerable credit card debt. 

Then there is the fancy mirror, the expensive new couch, and on and on...

I just don't see how that is sustainable.  

• Like 1
  • Love 11

I finally watched the video of Carlin's seizure in the parking lot. It was much less graphic than the seizures my brother has had. However, I really hope this whole situation isn't faked. That would mean that she is a really sick individual! I'm still shaking my head, trying to figure out if it's a scam. Did she have a real one once and liked the attention it brought her, so now she fakes them? How does that work? Does he know they're fake? Does she? She's been prescribed powerful meds. She does seem to have trouble finding her words at times. That could be the meds or something going on with her brain. All I know for sure is that this has resulted in him losing his job and yet they spend spend spend. They are an odd couple. I guess all we can do is wait and see and hope their kids aren't negatively affected by all of this medical drama. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7

Are her eyes opened or closed during the seizure? Eye movement during a seizure can help distinguish seizures caused by epilepsy from those that are psychological in nature.

Eyes closed = psychological

Eyes opened = epilepsy

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
32 minutes ago, Ral80 said:

Are her eyes opened or closed during the seizure? Eye movement during a seizure can help distinguish seizures caused by epilepsy from those that are psychological in nature.

Eyes opened = epilepsy

Her eyes were closed during the seizure they filmed for their last video. 

1 hour ago, Ral80 said:

Eyes opened = epilepsy

Her eyes have always been closed during the episodes that I've seen.  I don't think it is quite as cut and dried as presented here, but, yes, in general, someone having a seizure will have their eyes open and often their eyes will be deviated far to one side or rolled upwards so the whites are mostly all that is visible.  Some people will blink rapidly during a seizure.

• Useful 6
4 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

I don't think YouTubers gets to chose when the ads appear. I watch a lot of crafting and shop with me videos and the ads will often start in the middle of a sentence or a segment. 

They don't get to chose what ads appear either. One of them specifically said that recently. YouTube matches up the ads with the content of the videos.

Bless YT if it starts inserting ads for birth control and vaccines into her videos for all her fundie viewers. 😁   Bonus points if it drives them away. 

• Applause 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

She has mentioned medical bills a few times.  Yet suddenly there is a new $400 bouncy house in their backyard. So either they really aren't hurting for money or they are racking up considerable credit card debt. 

Then there is the fancy mirror, the expensive new couch, and on and on...

I just don't see how that is sustainable.  

There is also the fact that their oldest child is only 2 and a half and barely big enough for a bouncy house anyway.  These two waste money like they've got a printing press in the basement.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Do you think they buy these big ticket items?  I don’t!

Imagine how many orders for that bouncy house Amazon is getting after that clip!

Heck I want one!

Yes. No way in hell would Amazon ally themselves with their ilk, imo. 

Edited by Cinnabon
9 hours ago, Ral80 said:

Eyes opened = epilepsy

Not always, but seems like a good average.  

As a mom of a child with epilepsy, I hope no one would fake this.  And Carlin should have rescue medication if a seizure lasts more than 5 minutes (some MDs will say more than 2).  My daughter's is administered between the cheek and gum.  There is also a rectal option (not great for YouTube I would imagine).

As an ICU RN, my trick for determining real seizure vs fake - pretend you are poking the patient in the eye.  If they blink, probably not having a seizure.  Or you can lift their hand over the face and drop it.  If they're faking, they will make sure they miss their face.  Seems mean, but it's a quick way to know if you need to go get medicine to break the seizure.  This is very rarely a thing, but when its someone who is refusing discharge or wants "something to take the edge off" and we refuse and then all of a sudden they are shaking violently (and weirdly), its worth a test.  (Inmates have a lot of "seizures" when they hear its time to go back to jail.)  I will say we almost always err on the side of caution and treat and then order the EEG to confirm our suspicion.

Edited by Bewitched
  • Like 3
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Yes. No way in hell would Amazon ally themselves with their ilk, imo. 

They don't sponsor them but they do send out free things to be advertised.

The more I think about it the more I have to wonder why the Stewarts would ever put on social media a filming of the wife having a seizure.

Such a private moment.  Sigh.

• Like 1

This might sound weird, but what if Carlin isn't faking, but she really doesn't want to get better? She's getting more attention and positive reinforcement since the episodes started than she's had in her entire life. At this point, I find it hard to believe she doesn't know her triggers, yet she's done nothing to adjust her lifestyle. 

Even before all this started Carlin hated being alone. She'd cry when Evan left for work, and needed sisters in tow for every minor excursion. Now she's getting everything she wants: husband around 24/7, Addie or Ellie to help with the kids, money, praise, validation, sympathy, content for YouTube and she didn't have to give up a thing. She can't drive, but aside from that nothing has changed. I'd also argue the same for Evan. He's the classic enabler and Carlin being sick benefits him as well. Now he can be a full-time social media "star" rather than work a job he never seemed all that interested in to begin with. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

This might sound weird, but what if Carlin isn't faking, but she really doesn't want to get better? She's getting more attention and positive reinforcement since the episodes started than she's had in her entire life. At this point, I find it hard to believe she doesn't know her triggers, yet she's done nothing to adjust her lifestyle. 

Even before all this started Carlin hated being alone. She'd cry when Evan left for work, and needed sisters in tow for every minor excursion. Now she's getting everything she wants: husband around 24/7, Addie or Ellie to help with the kids, money, praise, validation, sympathy, content for YouTube and she didn't have to give up a thing. She can't drive, but aside from that nothing has changed. I'd also argue the same for Evan. He's the classic enabler and Carlin being sick benefits him as well. Now he can be a full-time social media "star" rather than work a job he never seemed all that interested in to begin with. 

This makes sense to me. I remember Carlin being all shouty and in need of constant attention in the old shows (pre-teen & teen-age years for Carlin), along with another sister (Tori?), but Carlin needed to be the absolute center of attention. Actually, she was a younger version of Kelly Jo, imo. They both think they're a lot cuter than they are! When you think of how Carlin and Evan are (mis) handling this situation, it's actually very sad. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

That fits the definition of malingering.

• Like 5

Regardless of what is truly going on, IMO, its evident by this title the Stewarts are definitely using Carlin's health issues for clicks.

EVAN GOT FIRED... CARLIN'S LATEST EPISODE ON CAMERA... OUR PLANS MOVING FORWARD!

And here is another title from a year ago when Carlin was pregnant with Zade. They already figured out what gets hits.

New Fears with Carlin's High Risk Pregnancy!

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Bewitched said:

As an ICU RN, my trick for determining real seizure vs fake - pretend you are poking the patient in the eye.

Wait. Is this a thing? *Faking seizures??

*I mean, besides Carlin, if that's what's really happening.  Why would anyone, again besides her, fake a seizure???

Edited by woodscommaelle
12 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Wait. Is this a thing? *Faking seizures??

*I mean, besides Carlin, if that's what's really happening.  Why would anyone, again besides her, fake a seizure???

She gave examples in her post:

"This is very rarely a thing, but when its someone who is refusing discharge or wants "something to take the edge off" and we refuse and then all of a sudden they are shaking violently (and weirdly), its worth a test.  (Inmates have a lot of "seizures" when they hear its time to go back to jail.)"

• Useful 1

So last week or two weeks ago - conveniently before his firing - Carlin couldn't be left at home alone, so they went to Walmart together for an oil change, wandered the whole store, manis someplace, she sat in the car outside his barber. This morning Evan is out alone with the critical decision of should I get my usual fattening pumpkin spice drink or should I get the lower cal one since I've gained weight, hmm IDK if I like this lower cal one. He's clearly in the car by himself bc if Carlin was there, she would've spoken, you would have heard a kid scream or two; and he walks into the house alone. And then he throws in that he feels guilty for buying coffee bc they have a coffee maker right there in the kitchen . . . clearly he's been reading here/Reddit as people criticize their lifestyle. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

That fits the definition of malingering.

Dual diagnosis- malingering + factitious disorder ? Can we add famewhoring? 🤣

1 hour ago, cereality said:

Evan is out alone with the critical decision of should I get my usual fattening pumpkin spice drink

This is actually hilarious. 

• Wink 2
  • LOL 6

Holy crap.  How do they all not weigh way more than they do? A grande white chocolate mocha is 430 calories.  If you add pumpkin spice to that can you even taste it? 

I am not a coffee drinker, though I do enjoy a chai latte.  They come in at about half the calories of a white chocolate mocha, but I still consider that a treat or substitute for dessert, definitely not a daily habit.  Also, I can walk to my local Starbucks so at least I burn some of the calories I take in.  It seems like Evan has to drive a fair distance to get his coffee fix.  So not only are they spending on the drinks, but gas too. 

I do wonder if "fans" send them Starbucks cards in the mail.  It would not surprise me at all.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

Imagine feeling the need to inform a bunch of complete strangers about your daily shower. 😳

Carlin seems to have a need to live most of her life online. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

After seeing their last apartment empty, I'm certain Carlin has no idea what deep cleaning means.

Carlin is hawking hair clips, but not Josie's?!

And once again, the woman who has passed out in at least two parking lots is carrying sleeping Layla across a parking lot.

And maybe its just me, but if I went to an evening service every Wednesday I would plan my kids' naps around them.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
23 minutes ago, Heathen said:

At least she doesn't inform us every time she has a bowel movement. 

Yet. 

We can all be thankful Carlin didn't develop a mystery GI disorder💩.  Imagine the videos on that...."Carlin's Explosive Poo: Caught on Tape!"

• LOL 13
21 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

We can all be thankful Carlin didn't develop a mystery GI disorder💩.  Imagine the videos on that...."Carlin's Explosive Poo: Caught on Tape!"

Don’t be giving them any ideas!

• LOL 6
8 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Imagine feeling the need to inform a bunch of complete strangers about your daily shower. 😳

Right!  Imagine being those "fans" that get worried when they don't see one of those terribly boring posts in days.

It is maddening that she still carries the kids. I know there's speculation that they read these boards, but if so, I'd think they'd have her stop carrying the damn kids.  

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, So unbelievable said:

Right!  Imagine being those "fans" that get worried when they don't see one of those terribly boring posts in days.

It is maddening that she still carries the kids. I know there's speculation that they read these boards, but if so, I'd think they'd have her stop carrying the damn kids.  

She stopped carrying the kids for like the last week of Evan's FMLA. One whole week.

• Sad 3
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

I wonder if anyone has reported them to CPS for child endangerment yet.

CPS looks into abuse and neglect, child endangerment is a LE thing. There’s usually quite the back log that a call about Carlin carrying her kids will not get more than an eye roll. Also, the situation must meet the legal definition of abuse and neglect to warrant a response, and this just doesn’t. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

A Google Images search shows the white bounce houses marketed as a wedding reception accessory, with brides and grooms photographed gleefully jumping about.

I could see the appeal for an artistic parent who might want to go after it with their jumbo Sharpies.

I wonder if the appeal for Carlin and Evan was the gender neutral color?

• Useful 1
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

5197B953-D183-4EBA-83DA-14E7996DEA2F.jpeg

Now, I am a list maker, too.  I am sitting here in front of a list of 6 things I'd like to get done today.  In all my years of list-making, I've never, ever listed taking a shower, getting dressed and taking meds.  Nor do I consider those things part of my daily 'tasks'.  They're part of life, what has to happen.  I guess we should be surprised she doesn't include bathroom breaks, snacks and meals, too.  She ought to be including Starbucks runs, though, since that seems to make up a huge part of her day.

Also, they've lived in their home for around 2 months and spent much of that time vacationing, visiting family and otherwise not being home.  How much 'deep cleaning' does their barely lived-in house need?  And, as noted elsewhere, why would you do the dishes AFTER deep cleaning?  Of course, we've already seen that neither Carlin nor Evan has any housekeeping skills whatsoever; so their definition of 'deep cleaning' is probably different than mine.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Uh who showers BEFORE a deep cleaning?? By definition aren’t you getting dusty and dirty and want to hold your shower until after that? I don’t even love to vacuum after shower though I do it - bc you know it stirs up dust.

And if they wanted gender neutral colors for a bouncy house - Fisher Price makes a number of them in the $100-180 range in color combos like red/blue/yellow. You know primary colors which kids are supposed to look at. Different colors stimulate different things in the brain which is why for child development purposes you’ll never see a preschool with drab white walls with no color or no colorful posters on walls. I know Carlin (and Josie) don’t allow their kids to wear color beyond white/beige/gray and don’t allow colorful indoor toys lest they clash w the drab beige decor, but outdoor toys have to be white too??

• Like 5
  • Love 2