Type keyword(s) to search

Gone But Not Forgotten: Characters/Actors You Miss

Hiyo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, TheMediaHo said:

Frisco and Tony Jones, Helena Cassadine, the REAL Lulu, Jagger, Miguel. And Brenda (ducks and rolls, dodging glassware)!

Completely echo Tony and original Lulu. That scene with Tony listening to B.J.'s heart beating in Maxie makes me tear up every time I see it... and I want even watching during that time!

• Love 6

Frisco and Tony Jones, Helena Cassadine, the REAL Lulu, Jagger, Miguel. And Brenda (ducks and rolls, dodging glassware)!

I liked all of them.

Helena was the best bitch on TV ever, and Constance always brought her A game.

I liked Brenda too, though I prefer the 90s version than the one we got during her last 2 visits to Port Charles.

• Love 3

Piano playing, dated Dante's mother, freaking Johnny Zacchara. And while we're at it, I kind of miss Dante too. Not with this Lulu though.

I miss the bromances at the PCPD in general. Maybe if we still had those there wouldn't be all this need for Jason to be all over the damn place there.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Piano playing, dated Dante's mother, freaking Johnny Zacchara. And while we're at it, I kind of miss Dante too. Not with this Lulu though.

I miss the bromances at the PCPD in general. Maybe if we still had those there wouldn't be all this need for Jason to be all over the damn place there.

I was wondering if BB was now willing to sign a contract with a soap why didn't he come over to GH. I can't help but think they'll probably never sign long term again because of KSt. Which sucks because Lulu/Johnny right now would be soapy, not milquetoast Dustin. Not a huge ER fan but she and BB did have major chem imo.

(KSt and BB obviously get along great, but that's different than working with an ex, which is why I said because of KSt. Plus factoring in her depression.)

• Love 4

I'll always miss Robin although I prefer she stay gone and happy with Patrick and the kids. She's always been a Sason apologist but with this dismal writing team, as we've seen during her last few stints, they'd only completely ruin everything about her. 

90s Brenda. 

I wish they'd never killed off Emily although they'd already done a number on the character by that time. I look at AT as Emily a lot like I do JMB as Lulu. Great casting, far better writing while they were on and much more believable portrayals. But Emily was an important character IMO, and should've been recast and still be on today.

Nikolas. I'd love Tyler Christopher because he is Nikolas but I'm not sure how realistic that is after everything that's happened behind the scenes.

Taggert. The PCPD needs him. I loved his unadulterated hatred for Sonny. We need more of that. We need any of that. Which reminds me, I'd also like Rick/RH back. 

Pretty much every Q. Alan, Tracy, AJ, Skye. I'm probably in the minority preferring Billy Warlock as AJ, I just think he's a really good actor. 

I'll always wish they'd get a really solid actor in as Lucky and do right by the character but after so much damage has been done, right down to making him an absentee, deadbeat dad, its likely too late to salvage him. 

• Love 11
On 10/9/2019 at 7:18 PM, CharethCutestory said:

its likely too late to salvage [Lucky]. 

It's never too late—if they can redeem Franco (within the show), they can redeem anyone—but the current regime is completely uninterested in the character.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It's never too late—if they can redeem Franco (within the show), they can redeem anyone—but the current regime is completely uninterested in the character.

Burton managed to get JJ on his podcast so maybe he'll eventually grind him down enough to do a two month stint or something, heh. 

• Love 4

I know he wasn't liked at all but I miss Ethan not for the character himself but because he and LA Kristina had such great chemistry and  the story was so perfectly soapy only GH could have screwed it up slightly older bad boy who's really a good guy and protected innocent girl  It could of should have been great  but no

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 10/12/2019 at 2:12 PM, ulkis said:

Burton managed to get JJ on his podcast so maybe he'll eventually grind him down enough to do a two month stint or something, heh. 

Burton doesn't want actors who will outshine him.

I think the characters that are gone from the show are better off. The good guys don't survive long on this show. 

I miss Alan. I miss Edward too for that matter. I was excited when they brought Holly back, then not so much after she'd been on the show for a few episodes. I wanted Anna back, but they turned her into a weepy mess.

Bringing back characters is always a "be careful what you wish for" type situation. Eventually, the writing craps all over them. 

I miss Drew. But then, I missed him even when he was still on the show since the writers decided they wouldn't use BM while they had him.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Burton doesn't want actors who will outshine him.

They're friends. I don't think he would think of it in terms of acting but woo my buddy is on set. He's talked about trying to convince JJ to come back and do something with GF.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, UYI said:

Was Rick Hearst the first actor to threaten MB that way?

I feel like Ted King gets that particular honor. 

If he came first, I totally agree. He was so wasted on GH (and OLTL, when they got RoHo back and threw TK's character under the bus to try to explain it). All for the mighty Maurice Benard ego. UGH.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

*sigh*

Ric Lansing-- Rick Hearst deserved soooo much better than to be Sonny's whipping boy. They never utilized him properly. He was a solid schemer and had chemistry galore with Rebecca Herbst.

Like this a 1000 times. He had chemistry with many, and he was so delicious going up against Sonny. It's been way too long since anyone's been able to be a proper rival to him.

• Love 3

I love Rick Hearst but Ric was only enjoyable to me when he’s on the opposite side as Sonny. He came off as so pathetic when he’s trying to get in good graces, especially since it was obvious that Sonny had no interest in being a brother to him and knew that he only had to give Ric a slight amount of attention to get him to do whatever he wanted. Unfortunately, it’s the reason I don’t really want him back on since these days, no one is really allowed to oppose Sonny.

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

If he came first, I totally agree. He was so wasted on GH (and OLTL, when they got RoHo back and threw TK's character under the bus to try to explain it). All for the mighty Maurice Benard ego. UGH.

He (MB) threw a hissy fit over a LEATHER JACKET. FFS. 

• LOL 2

I don't see any advantage to JJ returning, especially because the writing has so completely ruined Lucky. If the show were ending, sure, but now? Meh.

They're ruining him off screen so he might as well be on screen so at least he can break up the friz support at least. But it's moot, the chances of him returning for more than a day are teeny.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
On 10/9/2019 at 12:58 AM, ulkis said:

I was wondering if BB was now willing to sign a contract with a soap why didn't he come over to GH. I can't help but think they'll probably never sign long term again because of KSt. Which sucks because Lulu/Johnny right now would be soapy, not milquetoast Dustin. Not a huge ER fan but she and BB did have major chem imo.

(KSt and BB obviously get along great, but that's different than working with an ex, which is why I said because of KSt. Plus factoring in her depression.)

I think BB exit interview with days was interesting.He said that everyone from top to the bottom wants everyone to succeed I feel like it's not the way on GH.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

I think BB exit interview with days was interesting.He said that everyone from top to the bottom wants everyone to succeed I feel like it's not the way on GH.

I could see that. GH does seem to be more cliquey and the current leads don’t seem to publicly support other actors that their characters aren’t connected to. I’m guessing because it means that they will still dominate the screentime that way. I hope I’m wrong but it would be hard to work in an environment like that. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

Wait, what?

The story goes that when Lorenzo started wearing a leather jacket on the show, MB felt upstaged in the "cool" department, so Sonny was wearing a leather jacket soon afterwards, too. So pathetic. 

• LOL 2

For me, it's always gonna be Serena.  It was one thing when her parents were also off-canvas, but now that Scotty, Lucy, and Kevin are all part of the show, there's so much untapped potential there to bounce her off of them.  I know it would probably be a disaster given the writing, but it bums me out she'll be a character who just sits on the bench for all eternity and never gets to have a real soap life.

• Love 3

Kiki, Dillon, Lulu, Johnny, Lucky, Ethan, Emily, Patrick, Matt, Nadine, Leyla, Monica, Nathan, Abby, and Rebecca. I miss all these characters and feel like they were screwed over.