Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

I turned it off right after I saw the subject matter. Some of his programs I can watch in a "boy I'm glad MY family isn't like THAT."

But stuff like this is too damn creepy to me, as it could happen to anyone. I guess even the description that made me not want to watch it was educational, though.

I immediately called my daughter who lives deep in the boondocks , and told her to stop TRUSTING everyone (dammit!)....and told her how this guy caught this woman and imprisoned her (and killed her boyfriend.) Ugh..people like this guy should be hung up by his balls and left to rot. (Oops, I think this one hit a nerve) :(

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

I immediately called my daughter who lives deep in the boondocks , and told her to stop TRUSTING everyone (dammit!).

That kind of thinking, rural = safe, gets me every time.  I live in a large city and work in a very rural area.  People in rural areas always think they are in a safe place.  In actuality it is quite opposite.  Per capita crime is much higher in a rural area.  Large towns usually have more services.  Teens in our area can play city sports until the age of 20 and where I work the age for city sports, or parks and rec, is 7th grade.  Right there you have teens with nothing to do.  It's no wonder why the area I work has the highest teen drug use and crime in the entire county.  I always say, "At least people can hear you scream in the city".

• Love 3
On 2/14/2017 at 10:52 PM, wings707 said:

Did they figure out from Facebook where she had last worked?

A news story said through computer records and that her cell phone pinged to the property for 2 days until it went dead. Why it took 2 weeks to secure a search warrant is a question I'd like answered, especially as Todd Kohlhepp had already served a prison sentence for a conviction for kidnapping and raping a 14 year old and was a registered sex offender because of that.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I turned it off right after I saw the subject matter. Some of his programs I can watch in a "boy I'm glad MY family isn't like THAT."

I saw that was the re-broadcast ep last night and switched back to a more compelling 'My 600-lb Life'.

Seriously.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, jumper sage said:

That kind of thinking, rural = safe, gets me every time.  I live in a large city and work in a very rural area.  People in rural areas always think they are in a safe place.  In actuality it is quite opposite.  Per capita crime is much higher in a rural area.  Large towns usually have more services.  Teens in our area can play city sports until the age of 20 and where I work the age for city sports, or parks and rec, is 7th grade.  Right there you have teens with nothing to do.  It's no wonder why the area I work has the highest teen drug use and crime in the entire county.  I always say, "At least people can hear you scream in the city".

LOL. Maybe you should consult some facts. These links disagree with you.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Richland-Center-Wisconsin.html
http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Minneapolis-Minnesota.html
http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Red-Wing-Minnesota.html

I work in Minneapolis, currently live in Red Wing, and previously lived in the Richland Center, WI area. In 2015, the crime index for Richland Center was 74, while it was 231 for Red Wing, and a whopping 548 for Minneapolis. In fact, there were zero murders, rapes, and robberies in Richland Center for that year. ZERO. In Minneapolis in 2015, there were 47 murders, 407 rapes, and 1896 robberies. And in Red Wing in 2015, 0 murders, 18 rapes, and 3 robberies. And the number of assaults, burglaries, and thefts for Minneapolis are far and away greater than that for both Red Wing and Richland Center, while Red Wing still had considerably more of those incidents than Richland Center- and yet Red Wing is still a very safe place.

The fact is that the higher the population, the higher the crime rate. There's no denying that. Pick whatever cities you want, and when you compare their crime rates, it's going to follow this pattern. In fact, if you scroll down to this "See how dangerous Minneapolis, MN is compared to nearest cities:" on the Minneapolis page, you'll see that all the suburbs have a lower crime index than Minneapolis. Falcon Heights will probably jump out at you, and if you look that city up, there are only 5500 people that live there. Even Edina is a city of only 50k people. And if you scroll down to the same section for Red Wing, Hastings and River Falls are about the same size as Red Wing, whereas the rest of those listed are generally no more than 1/3 the population of Red Wing (about 5k people to spare you the math).

There's something anomalous going on with Muscoda. I suspect it's related to the number of bars in the city, since there are something like 6 in a town of about 1300 people. However, when we lived in the area, it was still a very safe place in spite of the considerably higher crime index rating - and it's still considerably safer than either Red Wing or Minneapolis based on the crime index ratings.

Edited to add: I've spent the time to look at other data on crime rates in different parts of the country and the pattern generally holds: higher population == higher crime rate.

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 3

Did anyone watch yesterday's episode with that "buff" idiot Blake? Wow. Just wow. Maybe his mother put up with his crap because she knew something was wrong with him and he needed help. I just know I wouldn't have put up with him. And if he actually spends 5 or 6 days a week in the gym, then he's either doing something wrong or he's just started strength training. In three months of dedicated, organized, well-planned, and intense working out, I was a lot more buff than he is. I suspect he's one of those idiots who spends 3/4 of his time in the gym looking at himself in the mirror, 1/8 of his time working out, and the other 1/8 of his time hitting on girls. In those first three months I was working out, I can count the number of conversations I had with anyone on one hand and still throw a bowling ball. For that matter, once my wife decided she wanted to do some strength training, she was more buff than that guy is. On the upside, he's doing just as bad a job at bulking up on his upper body as he is on his lower body. So, he's keeping it balanced.

I loved how he bragged about getting laid. I just wanted to scream at him "Dude, you'd better enjoy it now because in 4 years when you're still sponging off your mom, women aren't going to find that attractive and all your opportunities will be gone." I'm not that great looking (in my opinion; my wife disagrees), but that guy is just unattractive. I never had an easy time with women, and I'm still quite sure I had an easier time than he does.

And I just don't understand these parents who bail their kid out of jail all the time. Seriously, just let them sit in jail for a while and suffer the consequences of their stupid choices. As far as whether he's homeless or not, that's not his mother's problem. He's got a degree and can get a job. Give him a deadline and a checklist of stuff he needs to have done and bounce him when he fails. And the tolerance that these parents have for their children doing drugs just boggles the mind! Don't they realize that if the cops decide to bust him for drugs at his residence that they can seize the house? They can also seize the car when they bust him with drugs while he's driving.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to today's episode with the lady that lies about being pregnant.

• Love 6

Jesus fuckin' CHRIST, this crazy-lady story is going sloooooow. Obviously it's a multi-parter. But seriously, all they've done today is talk to two of her former friends about how fuckin' crazy she is, and apparently tomorrow they will actually, finally talk to the crazy woman herself. She had better DELIVER, because the buildup has been unbelievable.

Edited by ClareWalks
  • Love 5

Thanks for the heads up.  I will skip today and catch part 2. 

I like Dr Phil, the person and show, so I hate to knock him.  Origins is not the premiere big deal he spouts every damn time he sends a guest.  It is an AA based rehab.  Depends on what statistics you believe but it (rehab and AA) just don't work for most, even Christians.   It is a 100% hell no for atheists.  I don't watch any of his shows on addiction.  Did not know Blake was going to be in that category. 

I am surprised he thought Origins was good for Blake.  He needs something but who the hell knows what.  I loved the episode though.  As I have said, I do love the crazies.  He will be fine because mom will take care of him.  Dr Phil didn't even go into all of what she was doing wrong.  He went on auto pilot and offered him Origins.  Adults will do what they will.  He shined a light on the problem, his job is done because no children are involved.   I support that.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

I skipped part 1 of PsychoBrittany yesterday, but I watched part 2 today.  Here's one thing I don't get:  The big stick $hill wielded to get PsychoBrittany to sit down and talk to him was the threat to call the 5-0 to have her picked up on her two outstanding warrants if she didn't.  If PsychoBrittany has a warrant out for her arrest, she's a fugitive, right?  And if $hill knows she's a fugitive and not only doesn't turn her in but instead orchestrates her being whisked off to $hillCronyRehab (I'm too lazy to rewatch, and I don't remember the name of the one that got pimped today), isn't he guilty of aiding and abetting or obstruction of justice or something like that?  Or was his pronouncement that "The last place you (PsychoBrittany) need to be right now is in a cell" so profound and authoritative that any judge in the nation would say, "How silly of me for issuing that arrest warrant!  I know now that PsychoBrittany needs FakeRehab instead.  I'll cancel the warrant immediately!  All hail $hill!

Related rant:  I don't care that being in a jail cell isn't what's best for PsychoBrittany or some other lying liar who lies and who perpetrates a fraud on the courts of law of our country to advance those lying lies.  The people at whose expense she lies are hurt tangibly by it, and all of us are hurt by how her actions undermine public confidence in the efficacy and integrity of our courts of law.  It's rightfully deemed a crime, and the people have a right to require that she be punished for it, and if that punishment delays for a few months (or years) her going to rehab to get better, that's just too damn bad!  /End rant

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Brattinella said:

Rehab is a valid legal alternative to jail.  The courts do it all the time.  No crime here.  *shrug*

Sometimes.  When the crime is simple drug possession, I get it.  When the crime is more serious, and there's a real victim, I'm not sure that you often see rehab as an alternative to jail.

That's almost beside the point, though.  It's on the judge to decide whether the law allows, and he or she deems appropriate, rehab as a substitute for jail.  It's not on $hill to decide that.

• Love 4

I thought she was going to rehab right away. Seems she didn't and got caught/arrested.  Sometimes things are so vague with the show.

Also, at the end of the shows when Dr. Phil walks off stage with his wife she's seems to be always wearing a dress that looks like a jumper with a blouse. Did I miss something like why she wears those?

• Love 2
14 hours ago, jpc1 said:

I skipped part 1 of PsychoBrittany yesterday, but I watched part 2 today.  Here's one thing I don't get:  The big stick $hill wielded to get PsychoBrittany to sit down and talk to him was the threat to call the 5-0 to have her picked up on her two outstanding warrants if she didn't.  If PsychoBrittany has a warrant out for her arrest, she's a fugitive, right?  And if $hill knows she's a fugitive and not only doesn't turn her in but instead orchestrates her being whisked off to $hillCronyRehab (I'm too lazy to rewatch, and I don't remember the name of the one that got pimped today), isn't he guilty of aiding and abetting or obstruction of justice or something like that?  Or was his pronouncement that "The last place you (PsychoBrittany) need to be right now is in a cell" so profound and authoritative that any judge in the nation would say, "How silly of me for issuing that arrest warrant!  I know now that PsychoBrittany needs FakeRehab instead.  I'll cancel the warrant immediately!  All hail $hill!

Related rant:  I don't care that being in a jail cell isn't what's best for PsychoBrittany or some other lying liar who lies and who perpetrates a fraud on the courts of law of our country to advance those lying lies.  The people at whose expense she lies are hurt tangibly by it, and all of us are hurt by how her actions undermine public confidence in the efficacy and integrity of our courts of law.  It's rightfully deemed a crime, and the people have a right to require that she be punished for it, and if that punishment delays for a few months (or years) her going to rehab to get better, that's just too damn bad!  /End rant

I get what you're saying, but basically what he has to do is get the courts to agree to let her go to the care facility. This can either be in lieu of jail or it can be before the courts proceed with the rest of the legal process surrounding her crimes. So, he's not aiding and abetting her because he would be working directly with the courts through her lawyer. Besides, the update at the end of the show made it pretty clear that she didn't go to the care facility and she did not take a pregnancy test. At the same time, I am just as outraged and pissed off about him offering her any help because people like her need to be locked up. I'm hoping she gets 20 years at this point. I don't have any sympathy nor any empathy for her and I don't believe there should be any quarter given; she should be dealt with in the harshest way available to the courts.

• Love 4

I agree that it is time for her to face her problems in court.  Given the overcrowding I doubt she will be jailed. Her lawyer will push for some care program for the psychologically impaired and she will remain skewed until her next arrest, unfortunately.  

Finally watching the Blake the Wannabe Model episode. Yikes. He is NOT as attractive as he thinks he is. His body is pedestrian. He certainly doesn't look like a "gym rat." He looks like a 20-something dude who doesn't try very hard. He has a terrible haircut and a receding hairline that I GUARANTEE he is extremely self-conscious about. His personality is abhorrent. He lives with his mommy. I strongly doubt he could get "a bitch in his bed" every night unless he weren't terribly picky about whom.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Finally watching the Blake the Wannabe Model episode. Yikes. He is NOT as attractive as he thinks he is. His body is pedestrian. He certainly doesn't look like a "gym rat." He looks like a 20-something dude who doesn't try very hard. He has a terrible haircut and a receding hairline that I GUARANTEE he is extremely self-conscious about. His personality is abhorrent. He lives with his mommy. I strongly doubt he could get "a bitch in his bed" every night unless he weren't terribly picky about whom.

Oh, there's absolutely no way he's picky about the women he sleeps with. I've known guys like him (and I've hated them all). When men like that talk about women in that way, the only parts they see exist between the shoulders and knees. When I was in the Navy, I knew a guy like this. He thought we were friends; my fantasies revolved around trying to find a way to do him great harm and not get caught. He had pictures (because of course you take pictures when you're exploiting and debasing other human beings) that he took from a time a few years earlier when the captain of the ship he was posted to granted shore leave in the Phillipines. I'm not going to describe them; suffice to say the pictures documented some of the most foul, repulsive, vile, depraved sex acts you can imagine. Not quite to the level of "Event Horizon", of course, but stopping just short of bloodshed. I've always felt bad for the two women in the photos and I should have turned him in to his lieutenant; I didn't and that still bothers me a quarter century later.

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

Oh, there's absolutely no way he's picky about the women he sleeps with. I've known guys like him (and I've hated them all). When men like that talk about women in that way, the only parts they see exist between the shoulders and knees. When I was in the Navy, I knew a guy like this. He thought we were friends; my fantasies revolved around trying to find a way to do him great harm and not get caught. He had pictures (because of course you take pictures when you're exploiting and debasing other human beings) that he took from a time a few years earlier when the captain of the ship he was posted to granted shore leave in the Phillipines. I'm not going to describe them; suffice to say the pictures documented some of the most foul, repulsive, vile, depraved sex acts you can imagine. Not quite to the level of "Event Horizon", of course, but stopping just short of bloodshed. I've always felt bad for the two women in the photos and I should have turned him in to his lieutenant; I didn't and that still bothers me a quarter century later.

I'm sorry you did him no harm.  He certainly deserved it.  Horrible to have to keep your mouth shut for a thug like that. :(

• Love 2
23 hours ago, jpc1 said:

I'm no expert, but she didn't seem like she was psychotic to me. I thought she was basically a con artist. I thought jail was exactly where she needed to be.  She didn't seem delusional...she was purposely lying to men in order to get money from them.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, ed2962 said:

I'm no expert, but she didn't seem like she was psychotic to me. I thought she was basically a con artist. I thought jail was exactly where she needed to be.  She didn't seem delusional...she was purposely lying to men in order to get money from them.

This was my and my wife's feelings, as well. She seems to know exactly what she's doing and she clearly (to us, anyway) thought she could leverage the Dr. Phil show against the latest guy.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

He probably does ok with young people who are just out to party. I'm just shocked at how immature he is for his age. He acts like a 15 yr old and is mad that his mother and sister dare criticize him. I mean, it would be terrible behavior for teen but at least it would make some sort of sense? This guy is a grown man smearing feces when people piss him off!

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

This was my and my wife's feelings, as well. She seems to know exactly what she's doing and she clearly (to us, anyway) thought she could leverage the Dr. Phil show against the latest guy.

That's what I thought...maybe she thought she could embarrass the guy and he would pay her to go away. Meanwhile she gets a free trip to LA and perhaps picks a new victim there.

• Love 3

I don't think this woman is mentally ill. I think she's been a grifter for many years and has figured out that this is her way to make money to pay her bills. Did we even find out if she'd ever had a job? Why didn't Phil ask her about her education, job history, where she lived, how she supported herself? There were a lot of unanswered questions about this woman. Another two hours wasted on Shill. I really don't know why I do this.

• Love 7
On 2/16/2017 at 6:13 PM, wings707 said:

Origins is not the premiere big deal he spouts every damn time he sends a guest.  It is an AA based rehab.  Depends on what statistics you believe but it (rehab and AA) just don't work for most, even Christians.   It is a 100% hell no for atheists.  I don't watch any of his shows on addiction.  Did not know Blake was going to be in that category. 

I looked up Creative Care a while ago, the place he was going to send Brittany, and it also has overwhelmingly bad reviews with people being kicked out for minor infractions after receiving insurance money but not reimbursing the insurers or the patients thereby maxing out their benefits, along with individuals who work there having lost their licenses or not being licensed at all. I was quite surprised it remains open and Dr. Phil sends people there. The building was in constant disrepair and people where bused to other locations for meetings and a working gym. The most significant complaint to me, though, was that people were over-drugged on psychological medications, some which shouldn't be mixed, and families were pulling their loved ones out when they showed up for visits and taking them to the hospital. They haven't been sued out of existence, so those may have been isolated incidents, but there certainly weren't positive reviews.

Regarding Brittany, Dr. Phil really seemed to think this was a call for help since she should know he would do his homework. It seemed pretty clear to me that she thought she could manipulate the show and use it to continue to manipulate and harass the other man. Dr. Phil would believe she was pregnant and yell at him for being mean to poor little her. Her lies and manipulations have served her all her life, and she thought Dr. Phil would be more of the same. 

Edited by Christina
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Christina said:

I looked up Creative Care a while ago, the place he was going to send Brittany, and it also has overwhelmingly bad reviews with people being kicked out for minor infractions after receiving insurance money but not reimbursing the insurers or the patients thereby maxing out their benefits, along with individuals who work there having lost their licenses or not being licensed at all.

I don't remember him using this. Origins, that place in Texas and the ranch are all that leap to mind at the moment. Origins has a bunch of lousy reviews, too. 

• Love 1

Just watch so I can roll my eyes at all the dumb stuff I see.  How this person could have gotten so rich is unbelievable.  His "I'm sorry for your loss" is so insincere when he throws it out and then carries on.  When the girl in the box was being interviewed, it must have been 15 minutes into the interview when he said he had to stop to say something and then he threw out the "Sorry for your loss" to the lady after he had been talking about the death for the whole time.  Then he said "I have to show you something" and pulled out a picture of the slain man.  It illicited tears and he just kept going on and on trying to keep her crying.  What a piece of work.  I had to laugh when crazy lady said that she was on a reality show.  Phil looked like he was in shock,  I agree with most on here that it is way past time for him to retire.

• Love 1
On 01/04/2014 at 7:29 PM, SherriAnt said:

I thought that Dr.Phil was right this time, offering help to the girl. She's only 20, maybe rehab and therapy will help her. I can't imagine going through losing my children like she did and coming out fine. It would drive anyone to drink, or drugs in this case. I think the mom spent too much time helping strangers, and missed what was going on in her own home, and I agree with the sister to keep her kids away from the girl. I wouldn't have wanted my kids around an addict with an anger problem either!

Dr Phil made the right call in this case. The Gil definitely needs rehab. 

9 minutes ago, morriss said:

Riddle me this????  Why in the world would the daughter molested by stepfather let him anywhere near her own daughter?????  

I really couldn't wrap my head around that. Then to turn around and be pissed at Grandma for doing nothing. Lady, you delivered your OWN kid to the SAME molester. Don't get on your mom for doing the same shit. (TL;DR: they're BOTH stupid)

• Love 5

I have serious mixed feelings about the mom.  There's no question that she's a victim of her stepfather, and of her mother - there's no way in hell that OstrichGrandma didn't know exactly what PervStepGrandpa was doing.  But when she became a mom herself and handed her own kid over to OstrichGrandma and PervStepGrandpa, she traded in her victim card for a perp card of her own.  She's a victim, yes, but that shouldn't get her a pass from $hill for her own culpability with respect to her daughter.  $hill should come down on her just as hard as he appears to be coming down on OstrichGrandma.  I guess we'll see tomorrow.

• Love 6

When people think about molestation within the family, I think they often picture violent sexual encounters. This may be the case sometimes, but more often than not, it is the result of years of grooming and setting up the scenario by the abuser.  A parent is someone you are told to trust and you love them. When they take sexual liberties with your body, you think that this is just the way a parent loves their child. When the sexual abuser is the patriarchal figure and is protected by his wife, it does a real mind fuck on the victim. The family is a system and each person in the family plays a role. The abuser often treats the victim very well and this leads to the confusion in the victim’s mind. This guy was their father –step father-but he fulfilled that role in the family. When you think to yourself, “I would have never subjected my daughter to that abuser!”-Well-you are likely saying that as someone who has not been in this particular circumstance. This shit is very complex and to be surprised that someone who is so admittedly damaged makes poor decisions as a result, is just really denying the depth of the destruction that was done to these women by this man. Blaming victims of abuse is not helpful.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, morriss said:

Riddle me this????  Why in the world would the daughter molested by stepfather let him anywhere near her own daughter?????  

2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I really couldn't wrap my head around that. Then to turn around and be pissed at Grandma for doing nothing. Lady, you delivered your OWN kid to the SAME molester. Don't get on your mom for doing the same shit. (TL;DR: they're BOTH stupid)

Well, you'd have to have been molested to have any hope of understanding it. I was molested by my great uncle (my mother's mother's brother) when I was in 7th and 8th grade. Took me years to realize that what happened was wrong. I've never told my parents about it, either, though my wife knows. That uncle is now long dead and I've dealt with what happened; so, not much point in telling my parents, really. And, honestly, if I had had children while he was alive, I would have thought nothing of leaving them alone with him.

• Love 4

I was molested by my mother's boyfriend (they never married, so he was NEVER my stepfather) from age 4 to 16.  I knew the FIRST time that he was doing something wrong because he said, "Don't tell your mother about this.  It's our little secret."  She caught him THE FIRST TIME, but stayed with him after telling him that he was never to touch me again.  He ignored her for 12 years, but he sure didn't ignore me.  

When I married and had children, they were NEVER allowed to be with him without supervision.  If we were at their house and my kids were playing in the basement, if he went downstairs to use the bathroom, my husband followed him.  

What blew my mind was when I tried to talk to my mother about it after he was killed in a traffic accident.  (He was hit by a garbage truck, because God has a sense of irony.)  My mother said she had been molested by her stepfather when she was little.  I still call BS on that.  I can't imagine a mother letting her child be molested (for 12 years) if she had also been molested.  And her reason for not leaving him?  "I didn't know what to do."  Well, there were several choices she could have made . . . but staying with him should never have been on the list.

• Love 15

I am also sorry to hear about your abuse. It is definitely a sucky situation. I guess my concern was that the mother seemed to have no guilt or insight about the fact that she left her own daughter with Stepdad too. She seemed to just shrug it off.

• Love 4

Thanks, @Brattinella. I've dealt with it. Good counselors and determination help a lot. :)

3 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I am also sorry to hear about your abuse. It is definitely a sucky situation. I guess my concern was that the mother seemed to have no guilt or insight about the fact that she left her own daughter with Stepdad too. She seemed to just shrug it off.

She seemed to me to feel guilty and terrible, but stone-faced her way through to prevent herself going all to pieces. Maybe she lacked guilt and insight. I can't be sure. This was just my feeling.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

She seemed to me to feel guilty and terrible, but stone-faced her way through to prevent herself going all to pieces. Maybe she lacked guilt and insight. I can't be sure. This was just my feeling.

I really wish Phil had brought it up! It's not like he didn't have enough freakin' time. I saw a lot of people like "WTF with this lady?" on Twitter, so lots of us were definitely curious. He could have used the opportunity to educate people about the psychology of the abused, but nah. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I was molested by my mother's boyfriend (they never married, so he was NEVER my stepfather) from age 4 to 16.  I knew the FIRST time that he was doing something wrong because he said, "Don't tell your mother about this.  It's our little secret."  She caught him THE FIRST TIME, but stayed with him after telling him that he was never to touch me again.  He ignored her for 12 years, but he sure didn't ignore me.  

When I married and had children, they were NEVER allowed to be with him without supervision.  If we were at their house and my kids were playing in the basement, if he went downstairs to use the bathroom, my husband followed him.  

What blew my mind was when I tried to talk to my mother about it after he was killed in a traffic accident.  (He was hit by a garbage truck, because God has a sense of irony.)  My mother said she had been molested by her stepfather when she was little.  I still call BS on that.  I can't imagine a mother letting her child be molested (for 12 years) if she had also been molested.  And her reason for not leaving him?  "I didn't know what to do."  Well, there were several choices she could have made . . . but staying with him should never have been on the list.

I'm so sorry YOU had to go through this too, AZChristian.  I have a similar story.  I rarely speak of it, but I have healed.

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

Well, you'd have to have been molested to have any hope of understanding it. I was molested by my great uncle (my mother's mother's brother) when I was in 7th and 8th grade. Took me years to realize that what happened was wrong. I've never told my parents about it, either, though my wife knows. That uncle is now long dead and I've dealt with what happened; so, not much point in telling my parents, really. And, honestly, if I had had children while he was alive, I would have thought nothing of leaving them alone with him.

I understand. Not because I have experienced molestation but I am well read on the topic. Sorry it happened to you and had to carry it alone.  Damn. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I'm so sorry YOU had to go through this too, AZChristian.  I have a similar story.  I rarely speak of it, but I have healed.

I've healed, too. For me, MY willingness to speak openly has freed me from the guilt my abusers tried to use to keep me quiet. I'm sorry you experienced this as well, Brattinella.

• Love 7

I gave the mother some understanding because what I pieced together is she was only 16 when she had the baby so probably couldn't get away.  I watched in order to figure out how that disgusting pig got his name on the birth certificate and it sounds like they put her under a lot of pressure to put her up for adoption then disgusting pig adopted her then threatened to keep her. Wtf?  sounds like mother was out working not getting into trouble.  

I can't begin to go into the horrific mess that is the so called grandmother. I kept waiting for the obvious question - in what world is it ever ok for a grown ass man to take regular baths with a small child?  "Grandma " should have been jailed too.

This time he sent them to a place called Onsite and I was appalled the representative in the bad suit was invited on stage to spout religious nonsense so probably another 12 step.  You just know  $hill is getting some of that insurance money. 

• Love 2