Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: French Country in Texas?

The only possibility I thought of is that they are planning to buy adjacent property to add parking, but it doesn't sound like that's happened.

Reviews have not been great so far:

Customers say service sucks, it's too loud, and prices are too high

1 hour ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

Since I'm all about the skepticism with these two, I don’t watch and don’t know about the workings of the cafe. Is there table service? Or do you stand in line to order?  Thanks for any info. 

It's table service, but there's also a take-away section set away from the dining area for orders or grab-and-go things. 

Did anyone see they're selling something called "Shorties" in the take-away section? 

Edited by MsChicklet

Thanks, @MsChicklet. When I saw $10 tater tots on the menu, I hoped it would be at least one Duggar-family size pan of them!!!

I followed a rabbit trail and found this article about their new show. FU Behind the Design

Tickled me because except for the structural issues they run into, each episode is gonna be the same:

* Tear out walls

* Paint walls white

* Hang huge things on walls

* Install white subway tile

* Add Black metal fixtures

* Install a showroom of Furniture. 

A “behind the scenes” show for this or even for my favorite  Home Town is two episodes, max. JMHO

• Love 2

I am getting old and crotchety as fuck.  If the place doesn’t have an easy parking situation, I ain’t going.

ETA:  they tell people that crossing the rotary and adjacent highway could be life threatening?  AND they close at 3pm?  Fuck it, I like to eat out at around 7pm and prefer not to be a hit and run victim.  Chili’s is is. 

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, MsChicklet said:

Wow. Those reviews were all over the place. One customer compared the food to Waffle House and not in a good way. I can't imagine waiting in line for a half hour to put my name on a waiting list and then waiting another 1-2.5 hours for a table. Maybe people who'd parked pretty far away were too weak from hunger to schlep back to their cars so they waited. My husband and I don't stick around and wait for more than a half hour to be seated.

Someone who sat at the bar facing the mirrors commented on how weird that was and said that everyone sitting around him hated it that they pretty much had nothing to look at except themselves eating. Some of the glowingly positive comments sounded like they were written by friends and relatives or huge fans of the TV show. Reviews by some obvious locals were less positive.

• Love 6
On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:03 AM, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

I wonder if the duo had professional advice on planning thus or if Chimp / Jope simply followed  their idea of what would work. They’ve made some mistakes in the past, IIRC from the book (I try to forget, heh) and one never knows how far wrong an inflated ego can take a person. 

Long-term planning: it’s a good thing, especially if you mean to revitalize parts of a city. 

They showed the one lady with restaurant experience helping them, then JoAnn made a comment in the kitchen that led me to believe that they had professional help with planning that too.  She mentioned that she couldn't do all of that by herself. 

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:07 PM, CruiseDiva said:

Personally, I hate the idea of the 'communal' tables and sharing a table with strangers.

Us too!  On the weekend, we go out at a non-peak time (3-ish) so as to avoid so many people.  We don't want to sit next to a group of people we don't know, especially if there are out-of-control kids involved.  We've experienced that way too much.  When a child is dropping their food over the half-wall onto your seat, yeah parents, it's time to do something. ;)   Also, with most restaurants going to the open ceiling plan, they're very noisy.  We tend to go at off times so as to avoid it being so loud too.  I have a little trouble with my ears where sounds are amplified, so the really noisy restaurants are just not enjoyable for me.    I can see where Magnolia Table would probably be very loud.  

I thought the re-do looked really nice, but it is typical of their recent remodels: shiplap, subway tiles, metal & glass.  I didn't realize that they took away a bit of parking space.  That's a pisser. I do wish them success though.  I liked the little store in there, and the place that you can get stuff like chicken salad in a to-go container.  I would probably be more apt to do that rather than stay in the restaurant if it's too noisy and busy. 

• Love 4

I have seen bits and pieces of tonight's show because we kept having weather alerts(am taping it again tonight to see what I missed) BUT I did see the segment with the landscaping and I want to know what the heck Chip and Joanna were thinking of! A magnolia is a huge tree and they planted it right next to the house! My son built my grandchildren's treehouse in their magnolia and like I said, they are huge and have a pretty large root system.

Magnolias, like the glorious southern magnolia (Magnolia grandiflora), the state tree of Mississippi, can grow to 80 feet tall. These trees can have a 40-foot spread and a trunk diameter of 36 inches. ... The magnolia root system is quite different, and the trees grow large, flexible, rope-like roots.

Size is also considered when planting shade or other trees, because they vary in height and spread. Large trees, up to 70 feet or more should be planted at least 20 feet from the home, medium-sized trees up to 70 feet tall, 15 feet from the home, and small trees 30 feet tall or less, 8 to 10 feet from the home.

I can see many, many problems with that tree, that close to the house!

• Love 2

So, that's the final episode, next week the new show starts. I liked the way the house came out, & she even had a place for the TV! It also felt like they showed more of the finished house than they usually do..

One thing I don't understand is that these people had a 300,000 budget, why did they buy such a tiny house to begin with? The house they bought was less than 2000 square feet, they were only asking $125,000. & they apparently only paid $110,000, why didn’t they buy a better/bigger house to begin with? They had a big enough budget, I don’t get it.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, GaT said:

The house they bought was less than 2000 square feet, they were only asking $125,000. & they apparently only paid $110,000, why didn’t they buy a better/bigger house to begin with? They had a big enough budget, I don’t get it.

I was wondering if they were over improving the house for the neighborhood.  Was this the lone small house?  Or will it now be twice as big as every other house?  Hopefully the rest of the neighborhood is in the $300K range.

11 hours ago, suebee12 said:

I have seen bits and pieces of tonight's show because we kept having weather alerts(am taping it again tonight to see what I missed) BUT I did see the segment with the landscaping and I want to know what the heck Chip and Joanna were thinking of! A magnolia is a huge tree and they planted it right next to the house! My son built my grandchildren's treehouse in their magnolia and like I said, they are huge and have a pretty large root system.

Magnolias, like the glorious southern magnolia (Magnolia grandiflora), the state tree of Mississippi, can grow to 80 feet tall. These trees can have a 40-foot spread and a trunk diameter of 36 inches. ... The magnolia root system is quite different, and the trees grow large, flexible, rope-like roots.

Size is also considered when planting shade or other trees, because they vary in height and spread. Large trees, up to 70 feet or more should be planted at least 20 feet from the home, medium-sized trees up to 70 feet tall, 15 feet from the home, and small trees 30 feet tall or less, 8 to 10 feet from the home.

We had a magnolia removed because the roots were blocking our sewer lateral, 25 feet from the foundation. I was never clear on whether the roots threatened to clog the sewer line along the street (15 feet from the Tree, but obviously a larger pipe) and I didn’t want to find out! 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, suebee12 said:

I forgot to mention this. I saw your post before I watched the episode, so I was expecting it to be close, but I was still surprised at how close they planted it.  It was right up against the porch, what were they thinking? Even if it's some kind of miniature  magnolia tree, you never plant any kind of tree that close to the house, the roots are going to grow into the foundation. Why would they do that?

• Love 2

"I have seen the whole show now...no severe weather breaks this time, thank goodness! Overall the house turned out really well. Just think, books facing binding out, a television, and some color in the little girl's room, which I thought was adorable! And if there was ever a kitchen that needed to be "gutted", this surely was the one. That was one of the ugliest kitchens I have ever seen...were those plywood cabinets? I liked this one quite a lot BUT and this is a big but...what was with the microwave being in the mud/laundry room? Not a real handy place to reheat things,etc.

I admit to being old but I usually have at least heard of someone who is supposed to be famous and I have never heard of Mike Herrera or MXPX so I checked them out on YouTube. Found Don't Walk Away and liked it(there were quite a few posts by people who had done the same thing as me...checking them out because of Fixer Upper). I do wonder if Chip had ever heard of them before though.

• Love 1
(edited)

MXPX is a Christian rock band so I'm pretty sure Chip was really into them back when they were huge.  I missed the first half of this but when they showed the hidden tv, they mentioned something about their kids. But there was only one room done all specially for a girl, why did only one kid get a nice room?

Edited by AZ Curls

Jo mentioned that since their youngest was only a year old, she would just do a room for him with paint and they(the parents) could design it when he was older. So it probably just got paint and a floor redo.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, suebee12 said:

No kidding. Magnolia trees, even dwarf magnolia trees can grow to be huge. I was stunned by where that idiot Chimp planted it. If the homeowners are lucky it will die.

I'd never heard of that "rocker" and figured he wasn't a particularly hot artist since their budget was so tight. I'm sure the neighbors will just love him "rocking out" in that converted garage. That said, the house turned out nice.

• Love 2

So, was that one the official last show?  I wonder why they showed them out of order.  Chip had long hair on last night's episode, but the one with them reminiscing had him with short hair.  Kind of a lackluster ending for the show, IMO.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

So, was that one the official last show?  I wonder why they showed them out of order.  Chip had long hair on last night's episode, but the one with them reminiscing had him with short hair.  Kind of a lackluster ending for the show, IMO.  

If it was the official last show of the season I hope that HGTV quits running the Fixer Upper ad with Chip cackling like a goose.

• Love 3

Did anybody else watch the new show? I thought it was interesting that it's only Joanna doing the narrating, Chip is only shown in old clips from the original show. I think they taped her when they were doing the house, so they had planned on doing the new show for a while, but I wonder if it's only for the final season shows. I also wonder how they feel about having the first show of the new series about Patty's house, the woman who got married & sold the house soon after getting it.

8 hours ago, GaT said:

Did anybody else watch the new show? I thought it was interesting that it's only Joanna doing the narrating, Chip is only shown in old clips from the original show. I think they taped her when they were doing the house, so they had planned on doing the new show for a while, but I wonder if it's only for the final season shows. I also wonder how they feel about having the first show of the new series about Patty's house, the woman who got married & sold the house soon after getting it.

Interesting and just right for a 30 minute show.  Every time Patty or Jo talked about her "forever home" I thought about how quickly life changes.  

• Love 1
23 hours ago, GaT said:

Well, JoJo is the one with the degree from Baylor in Communications. Other than narrating, some of the scenes could have been out-takes from the original show, like the powder room and guest book footage.

It was pretty amusing that the Patty Baker show was the first one they used in the new series and that they spent so much time with the pottery guy who personalized all that dishware with her previous last name, I wonder if she gave that stuff to her sons... I presume their last name is still Baker.

I just saw a rerun featuring the Barndominium, a barn-like structure that they stripped and rebuilt into an attractive but odd house.  The dining room with a very long table is on the ground level, in a narrow hall-like room, close to the front door.  But the kitchen is on the second floor with a smaller dining table.  All the bedrooms are on the ground level.  They'll get their exercise going up and down the staircase.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

I just saw a rerun featuring the Barndominium, a barn-like structure that they stripped and rebuilt into an attractive but odd house.  The dining room with a very long table is on the ground level, in a narrow hall-like room, close to the front door.  But the kitchen is on the second floor with a smaller dining table.  All the bedrooms are on the ground level.  They'll get their exercise going up and down the staircase.

That one made less than no sense to me, but I have bad knees. Heh!

IIRC the owner promptly marketed it as an Airbnb and/or for sale at around $1 million. I wonder what its status is, now. 

• Love 2

Well, shut mah mouth!  Weren't they the two phonies, so in love with the kitchen and the little boy's room, and that long dining room on the main level.  So they were designing it for a business purpose, not to live in.  I wonder how the Gaines felt about that (maybe they didn't care but I sure would).

On 3/30/2018 at 9:19 AM, CruiseDiva said:

Don't forget the outdoor area they added for the kiddos to play! Several cars could park in that spot.

Maybe they know something we don't about available real estate nearby and they're planning to go into the parking lot business too: Magnolia Parking. Each parking stall/slot looks like a horse stable but for your car ;)

Edited by Refresh
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Refresh said:

Maybe they know something we don't about available real estate nearby and they're planning to go into the parking lot business too: Magnolia Parking. Each parking stall/slot looks like a horse stable but for your car ;)

And if you park illegally, the boot on your tire is made of rusted or galvanized steel!

• Love 8
On 4/15/2018 at 12:54 AM, annzeepark914 said:

I watched part of this episode during a barrage of Tornado warnings in my area, so, could barely make out what happened.  Who was going to live there?  Was that father/son?  Just son?  Once again, why such a dark color in the middle of a hot sun drenched field? It must be so hot.  I'd think a lighter color would be more appropriate. 

@SunnyBeBe: The episode you watched was about the father (who does some kind of work that Joanne uses in her designs) giving his son a place of his own on their farm or ranch.  The Gaines stripped an old rundown barn or some type of outbuilding and created a contemporary house for the son.  Yup, lots of blacks and grays (I guess to be macho).  Hope they installed powerful AC units to keep the place cool!!

The episode I found strange was about a couple buying a barn-like building (maybe it was once a barn but it had a kitchen upstairs).  It was the strangest design and the couple seemed thrilled when the Gainses turned it into a very attractive but unusual "house" with the kitchen upstairs and the big dining room downstairs along with the bedrooms.  I didn't know they immediately marketed it for an AirBnB or for sale.

• Love 1

I just watched an episode of the new series where they showed the house they did for their producer, wife and two kids - it was the shack they "renovated" to a cute little house, and at the end of the show in the original series, the family announced they were pregnant with twins.  And this reminded me that I had two thoughts/questions about the house.

First - they didn't want to lose space to a dining table, so they put one outside.  Does it never get cold in Waco?  Why wouldn't you want a table to use at least occasionally? Are they never going to host a Thanksgiving dinner or a Christmas dinner, or even a birthday dinner?

And second - if the couple knew they were likely to have additional children, and that twins run in her family, why build a three-bedroom house where the kids' rooms are small? That just doesn't make sense to me.

• Love 6

It didn’t make sense to me either. Texas in the summer is extremely hot and humid and also miserable with huge mosquitoes. There’s no way anyone could eat outside -  not to mention having food on the table to attract the skeeters, flies and various other bugs. This was just stupid on their part. Waco does get cold in the winter so that season is out also as far as eating on a porch. What the hell were these people thinking?

• Love 1

Last night's Design show was interesting, but what I could NOT believe was the fact that the renovation included adding a half-bath, which wasn't shown in the original reveal.  That's a significant design decision, affecting everything from layout to budget, yet Jo seemed quite casual about not having it shown first time around.

• Love 1

In the most recent show Joanna and her assistant were looking over different tiles to pick one for the fireplace. I was put off by Joanna rejecting one because it wasn't her design style. She actually said that. I wanted to shout to her, "It's not your house!" I really don't see this Behind the Design show lasting long. It's like watching a rerun.

Edited by CruiseDiva
  • Love 4
On 4/20/2018 at 2:08 AM, CruiseDiva said:

In the most recent show Joanna and her assistant were looking over different tiles to pick one for the fireplace. I was put off by Joanna rejecting one because it wasn't her design style. She actually said that. I wanted to shout to her, "It's not your house!" I really don't see this Behind the Design show lasting long. It's like watching a rerun.

I'm not even watching, at this point I just feel completely oversaturated with Joanna's aesthetic. It is just so one note to me. Extremely predictable.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I'm not even watching, at this point I just feel completely oversaturated with Joanna's aesthetic. It is just so one note to me. Extremely predictable.

I stopped watching the first time they revealed the living area and I thought it was a mid-sized furniture store showroom. 8-D

Then I saw the teams’ work on Home Town and on Restored and lost all interest in FU. Except to snark, of course. I do love me some snark!

• Love 4

I was touring the William Paca house in Annapolis last week, and when we were in the kitchen one woman started admiring a wooden table, saying it looked like something the guy on Fixer Upper made. Then they started in on how much they loved Joann's style, and her new show was so great. Reminded me of the time I saw Sandra Lee's magazines on someone's coffee table, and found out another acquaintance just adored Pioneer Woman. Different strokes indeed.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I was touring the William Paca house in Annapolis last week, and when we were in the kitchen one woman started admiring a wooden table, saying it looked like something the guy on Fixer Upper made. Then they started in on how much they loved Joann's style, and her new show was so great. Reminded me of the time I saw Sandra Lee's magazines on someone's coffee table, and found out another acquaintance just adored Pioneer Woman. Different strokes indeed.

There are some elements to her style that I like - the lightness and brightness, some of the wrought iron and rustic/antique decor, the feminine touches like flowers and candles. 

But they are outnumbered by the stuff I don't like and/or don't get - open shelving,  pergolas, the obsession with shiplap (it's wood walls!), white everywhere, huge kitchen islands, even bigger dining tables,  bench seating, huge built-ins, books everywhere, painting over brick, bare-bulb light fixtures...the list goes on.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

There are some elements to her style that I like - the lightness and brightness, some of the wrought iron and rustic/antique decor, the feminine touches like flowers and candles. 

But they are outnumbered by the stuff I don't like and/or don't get - open shelving,  pergolas, the obsession with shiplap (it's wood walls!), white everywhere, huge kitchen islands, even bigger dining tables,  bench seating, huge built-ins, books everywhere, painting over brick, bare-bulb light fixtures...the list goes on.

To add to the list:

Never (or rarely) any TV's in Family Rooms/Master Bedrooms.  I always assume that the hookups are somewhere, hiding behind a mirror or something, over the fireplace, but, I wonder, given that most of the fireplaces are the original brick or stone.

Potfiller faucets over every, single stovetop.  They are a nice perk, but unless you make lots of soups, stews and pastas, not really necessary and can be a big added expense.  And, sometimes, the sink is very close to the stove, so why??  

Always, always, always, farmhouse sinks.  Never a double bowl or undermount stainless or cast iron/enamel sink.  Even a hammered copper sink would be a nice design element.

I also rarely see a microwave in the kitchen.  Not necessarily liked/used by all, but most families with kids like the convenience.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

To add to the list:

Never (or rarely) any TV's in Family Rooms/Master Bedrooms.  I always assume that the hookups are somewhere, hiding behind a mirror or something, over the fireplace, but, I wonder, given that most of the fireplaces are the original brick or stone.

Potfiller faucets over every, single stovetop.  They are a nice perk, but unless you make lots of soups, stews and pastas, not really necessary and can be a big added expense.  And, sometimes, the sink is very close to the stove, so why??  

Always, always, always, farmhouse sinks.  Never a double bowl or undermount stainless or cast iron/enamel sink.  Even a hammered copper sink would be a nice design element.

I also rarely see a microwave in the kitchen.  Not necessarily liked/used by all, but most families with kids like the convenience.

Good ones.

And I have to say, I have rarely liked her choices for wall art. Jimmy Don's metal work doesnt really wow me, although some of the sentiments are sweet. All those metal pockets with grass sticking out? Pass. Pretty much anything sticking out from a wall that you put stuff in just seems like it would get in the way. Framing the original floor plans of a house, or some other historical (usually black and white or sepia-toned) paperwork? Yawn. Don't get me wrong, I get the sentiment, but as artwork it is a snooze.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Good ones.

And I have to say, I have rarely liked her choices for wall art. Jimmy Don's metal work doesnt really wow me, although some of the sentiments are sweet. All those metal pockets with grass sticking out? Pass. Pretty much anything sticking out from a wall that you put stuff in just seems like it would get in the way. Framing the original floor plans of a house, or some other historical (usually black and white or sepia-toned) paperwork? Yawn. Don't get me wrong, I get the sentiment, but as artwork it is a snooze.

When Brett Waterman hangs historical stuff in a house that he’s restored, ya know, historically, I dig. But ITA with all you said. I’m aboutvthr uncluttered look but Joprah’s is sterile, uninviting. 

Thus I’ll never hire her to do my domicile...

. ;-D

• Love 3

I watched a rerun tonight of the young couple who bought a red brick "Tudor" house that had the front porch closed in.  While I was glad they kept all the arched doors, built in bookshelves and trim, I wondered why they didn't do something with a large breakfront/big cabinet (not sure what it was and it was completely ignored!) in the kitchen in which the doors on top were of stained glass. I also watched maybe 20 minutes of the new show afterward that showed behind the scenes of this rerun and once again, a half bath that looked really attractive was ignored during the regular showing of the house.  Maybe if they'd cut out all Skip's goofiness/fooling around, and the kid's baseball game, they'd have time to show some of the extra rooms created.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Maybe if they'd cut out all Skip's goofiness/fooling around, and the kid's baseball game, they'd have time to show some of the extra rooms created.

!! I thought they were quitting the original show in large part because of concerns for th kids. Ah well.

Christopher Lowell, campy But accessible home enhancer tv host of yesteryear, now is a guru of the “rightsizing” movement.  In a recent article, he mentioned the trend of using artificially rusted & rustic decor as being part of a cycle in consumerism. Namely, the desire to display something from another day and time without having rummaged thru countless antique stores to find it.

He mentions how the distressing process has its own impact on the environment and the irony of seeing stacks of these “found items” on retail shelves. 

Of course I thought of FU, and of my not-FU’s, Home Town and Restored, where the teams’ aesthetic *generally* mean more authentic stuff. 

Not criticizing anybody who follows Jo’s style, just found that Lowell’s article struck a chord.  

• Love 4

Tomorrow’s the weekend, and I’m staying home.  I’m sure HGTV will run an FU marathon as an FU to me.  And you’uns.  

There was one that enraged me in particular, because Jo was wearing a long sack like dress which trailed the floor.  First, your dress is getting dirty, second, you can trip.  Hem that shit.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Tomorrow’s the weekend, and I’m staying home.  I’m sure HGTV will run an FU marathon as an FU to me.  And you’uns.  

There was one that enraged me in particular, because Jo was wearing a long sack like dress which trailed the floor.  First, your dress is getting dirty, second, you can trip.  Hem that shit.

After a long day of sad news, your comment made me really chuckle!! Thank you. 

And here’s one for you to enjoy: my afternoon drive-time radio crew said, “So, this Joanna Gaines has a cookbook.”  

Crew 2—“Doesn’t she fix up houses?”

Crew 1–“Seriously! Do we really NEED another cookbook? From a house flipper?”

i chuckled also. 

• Love 8

Maybe the worst design ever was the high school teacher who bought the ark house and they had the strange add on front porch to distract from the original master bedroom add on.  Where are they spending all this money?  The hideous front porch add ons need to stop.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

The hideous front porch add ons need to stop.

Amen!  I watched a rerun the other night in which a young couple bought a contemporary house (I think they called it the cargo house? cause it looked like a cargo ship?).  Anyway...the exterior, IMO, was ruined by a hideous, huge, stained wood front porch that didn't go with the contemporary design at all.  And they painted the house a bilious green + added shutters--I'm sorry but I don't care for shutters on anything but a colonial style house (American, Mediterranean or Caribbean)...and they need to be working shutters, not flat-on-the-wall faux shutters (I'm getting real nitpicky this morning, sorry!)  Most of the exteriors that the Gaines do are pretty good but this one wasn't.  I've never lived in Texas so maybe they sit outside in late fall/early winter?  Give me my AC, though.  And one other thing:  somewhere in these posts, someone mentioned how the Gaines leave so many windows bare. Now I notice that all the time.  Have they ever done drapes or Roman shades? Maybe I didn't notice the shades.  I just started watching FU (love that abbreviation but it always startles me) recently so I'm catching up on the reruns.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

I just started watching FU (love that abbreviation but it always startles me) recently so I'm catching up on the reruns.

It seems that JoJo seldom does window treatments. Gotta have all that natural light, ya know!

I live in the deep south and we have to have blinds, shades, or curtains that close to keep the sun out, especially on west facing windows in the summer. The sun not only heats up the house interior, it fades fabric furniture, carpeting, and even wood floors. The solution to a dark room is to turn on a lamp. Don't get me started on privacy...we have a neighbor who's a one man "neighborhood watch" with binoculars.

• Love 5

@CruiseDiva, I’m “yepping” in hearty agreement! Not even in the South and we need drapes against the fierce heat *and* the winter blasts.

Laughing about the nosy neighbor, though yours is worse than ours. Ours is a woman old enough to know better who stands and stares into the neighbors’ houses she can see from her back yard. The gent from whom we bought the house used to always have his drapes shut even on the nicest days because “she’s out there, looking.” We thought he was imagining things til we learned he wasn’t! 

Back OT. Thanks, @annzeepark914 — Ark house, cargo house, I remember now. Since I like the idea of a front porch it didn’t rub me wrong but I will go back and look at the before & after.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

Found it. Oh my gosh — that’s just stupid! Great porch for a huge log cabin in the woods, not a MCM!

I remember thinking that if they'd painted the wood porch it wouldn't have looked so much like it was just stuck on to the front of the house. I hate it when they leave bare looking wood on the houses they fix up. It looks like they ran out of money so they just stopped working.

• Love 4