Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. He had to write it because he ran out of stuff for "Ali's Banned Book Club". I just had it on for a minute this morning, Mika is watching Palm Royale and she LOVES IT!!! Probably because it is described on IMDB as: "An ambitious woman schemes to secure her seat at America's most exclusive table." Sound familiar? She didn't want to watch "Masters of the Air" on their Apple TV app, there aren't any women that she can claim know their value, also she still doesn't understand how planes work. Senator Mike Bennett was on, so Joe made a list of all the "Mikes" in Congress. This is information you can only get from a trusted source like MSNBC.
  3. Thought so. It never fails to amuse me. I liked Roman well enough, but Im not too upset. I find it hilarious that every year they say, “vote vote vote!” Then, we vote, and they tell us “you voted wrong. We’re gonna fix this.” And then we vote the same way again.
  4. There is no TV show on earth that has ever accurately shown what happens when you get a tattoo. None. Spencer would have not been surprised after almost 25 hours to have found one on his ribs. Also that tattoo was janky as hell. Oh look Jordan is stupid and then Layla and Olivia show him how stupid he is. Lather, rinse, repeat. Coop no! You love her. You have to TELL her.
  5. Fortunately (in my view), Kimball is no longer with "America's Test Kitchen".
  6. I think that Jenny Agutter, now 72 years old, might prefer to have a lesser role at this point. Maybe not, but it stands to reason. I remember her as an actress back when she was in her teens. A long and distinguished career.
  7. Awww, was the awful Gas Man being a big old MEANIE to the SheBeast? That she needed BIG STRONG JASON to convince him to shorten the stoppage to just one day? And oh, look! Instead of no-blinking, deadpan, threatening hitman Jason, we get a courteous and polite one. And Big Old Meanie changes his mind. Cujo probably trashed the notices, because that would be SO LIKE HER. GAG ME with her tears over a stupid TATTOO! I get that I'm supposed to be happy that Anna has finally seen the light as to Mooby. But can she just FUCKING STOP with the WATERWORKS? First with Laura; then with Fucking MiniSheBEAST! And AGAIN with Molly!!! I really hate to agree with the miniSheBeast, but she was right in one thing-Anna is hiring Dex as a cop to protect his ass from Mooby, and use him to get Mooby. Not because she thinks he's good cop material. And heads up, Anna. It's not YOUR JOB or YOUR CALL to tell Molly who she can or cannot prosecute. Good Lord. What 14 year-old drinks coffee? I know I was supposed to think how sweet and funny that scene with Danny and Kristina was, but it just made me roll my eyes. Yes, Danny-I-wanna-just-see-and-visit-with-my-cool-dad-Morgan, the way to do that is to sneak up the fire escape and into his room, instead of openly going to see him. Oh right. Don't want Mom to find out. And trying on Jason's jacket? Jeebus Cripes. Glad that this supposed friendship between Ava and Nina is also done. And sorry, but I was there, Ava DID tell Nina she should report Cujo to the SEC; then later said she shouldn't. It wasn't some hypothetical thing. But yes, Nina was wilfully ignorant about who Mooby is. And lookit Cujo jumping and squealing like a tween at having her hotel back. I had to cover my ears when Olivia joined in the screaming.
  8. I reject this news. It makes me too sad. But thank you for all these wonderful years, Brenda!!
  9. Oh, thank you! (As far as I'm concerned, that just validates my comment since whenever I've seen/read anything from them and the insufferable Christopher Kimball it has always been way too fussy, complicated and time-consuming for me.)
  10. So after ending Lady Mariko's story we get the surrender of Blackthorne and the acceptance that he will be the Anjin forevermore. With his spoken Japanese really ramping up all of the sudden many samurai around him are showing up as political Christians and knowing Portuguese. I guess like Yabushige many had different interpretations than Lady Mariko and let their lords know on the side. In those last days with Lady Fuji I was shipping hard and hoping that she would stay on as the Anjin's consort. While Blackthorne in his grief of losing his translator went as far as ordering her to stay. But like other situations she pivots with the no playa I will be a nun now.
  11. Are they finished filming already or can they update the now final episode to make sure it doesn't end on any cliffhangers?
  12. ramon was on jimmy kimmel last night — told a couple of funny stories about fans and his internet birthday.
  13. They really are following the alphabet. Huh.
  14. Yes, ATK is America's Test Kitchens. Some years ago, I found a recipe that said to roast them unpeeled, then rub the peel off with a cloth or paper towel. It was an unmitigated disaster. The peels did not come off easily. Not doing that again.
  15. Ditto. I've heard of Moms Mabley but not Hurston.
  16. Oh, how I missed Jessica Williams.
  17. ATK is probably "America's Test Kitchen".
  18. Just because Ina and ATK (whoever that is) say peel beets before roasting (or anything else for that matter) doesn't mean you have to!
  19. Which was it? 🤔 Sources? If he wanted a payday, I'm over him. Maybe they screwed him over royally in the past, I don't know...but this Diva stuff has screwed over the show (and KA's place in it).
  20. I cannot believe she subjects her daughter to him. She is teaching her daughter that it is OK to be ill treated by a man. What an example she is setting!
  21. I always hated that they made Abishola push for the most prestigious, hardest to get into schools. I know they were trying to make a cultural point but I thought it went OTT with her. I came from a very pressurized, achievement oriented peer group and even their parents didn't have expectations that high. On top of that I once worked in college admissions at my university, which was not on the stellar level of Harvard and many Nigerians applied there. That said, SUNY Purchase is a fine school with a fine reputation in performing arts and dance programs. I know it well having come from the NY area. I liked that it was mentioned in this episode.
  22. It's funny because in the books there actually is a young character with a mental disability. It's quite heartwarming -- the Elizabeth of the books insists on him being included in activities with the other children, she teaches him what she can, and the town works together to do a fundraiser for him to have surgery. I'm surprised Hallmark didn't include that storyline as it seems like a good example of community, which is their bread and butter. Though, that said...spoiler alert...
  23. Well, after reading up on Davis in Wiki (I think I need to find another source as well), there was a statement that he had been "incriminated" in the assassination plot against Lincoln. I looked at the footnote, which appeared to be a book released in 1977? The biblio on wiki is confusing to say the least. But nowhere did it state that he was actually charged-so we know the testimony of Conovar/Wallace/whatever, was all made up for "creative license/drama" unlike Mary Simms' testimony, which at the tag stated her testimony transcript is in the National Archives? So I can at least go there and read it! So before I totally eat crow, I want to confirm if the incrimination was that book's author's speculation, or if there is proof/charges that Jefferson Davis was incriminated. All I've found was that he was caught in Irwinville, draped in a shawl, which led to mocking him as wearing women's (or his wife's) clothes.
  1. Load more activity