Type keyword(s) to search

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. As far as settling goes I think some people just want to be in a relationship and they take whatever opportunity presents itself. I have a relative that has never not been in a relationship since she was 14. She isn't that attractive and not the nicest personality and she always cheats on her husbands so I was always puzzled by her always having a man in her life until another relative said look at the men who have been in her life. And then I realized oh yeah she was settling for those men. I would rather be alone than be in a relationship just for the sake of being in a relationship.
  3. Exactly! That's one reason I really appreciated what Oprah said on her flawed special that normal weight people often don't even think about what they're eating. They're not on a diet, it never even crosses their minds and yet they stay a normal weight eating things and amounts of those things my body post-menopause gains weight on very easily. It really pisses me off that I get blamed for something that isn't my fault. I always knew it wasn't my fault because I was thin when I was young so I knew what it was like and I knew I was eating much less now than I did then! My husband always had a weight problem and I NEVER told him he "ate too much". I knew better watching him and my mother struggle to say that. And I knew that one day I'd likely be in the same boat given my genetics. My husband likes to remind me of the days when we were dating 45 years ago when we'd double date with my best friend and his friend who were dating each other. We'd go to an ice cream parlor (Jahn's) and his friend and I would split the "Twosday" which was an ice cream soda for two. Or the "Kitchen Sink" which was several scoops of ice cream and toppings and bananas, like one huge banana spit in a bucket. We'd routinely go to diners for "cheeseburger deluxe" or huge cheese omelets. Then for dinner we might go over to my parents' house for steak. And forget all the fast food I ate! And I barely weighed 110 lbs. soaking wet! Now, OK, I never finished anything back on those days but I don't even eat those things now and I have weight problems.
  4. 'CBS Announces Its 2024-2025 Primetime Schedule' From the press release: WATSON (Premieres Sunday Mid-Season, 10:00-11:00 PM) WATSON takes place seven months after the death of the titular character's friend and partner Sherlock Holmes at the hands of Moriarty. Dr. John Watson (Morris Chestnut) resumes his medical career as the head of a clinic dedicated to treating rare disorders. Watson's old life isn't done with him, though - Moriarty and Watson are set to write their own chapter of a story that has fascinated audiences for more than a century. Watson is a medical show with a strong investigative spine, featuring a modern version of one of history's greatest detectives as he turns his attention from solving crimes to solving medical mysteries. WATSON stars Morris Chestnut as Dr. John Watson. Craig Sweeny wrote the pilot and will showrun and executive produce. Additional executive producers include Chestnut, Aaron Kaplan and Brian Morewitz for Kapital Entertainment, Sallie Patrick and Shäron Moalem MD, PhD. Larry Teng will executive produce and direct the first episode. The series is produced by CBS Studios.
  5. This wouldn't fit with what we know of Isaac's character. And he hasn't even been honest with himself about his sexuality for all that long. He's still trying to figure things out.
  6. I didn't say any of those things. Just stating my opinion based on a question you put out. This used to be a space for all conversation. But clearly, no longer a place for me.
  7. I like Rebecca and Cam alright, especially Cam, but its hard not to be reminded that they're totally fictional characters in the middle of this true story so its not like they can have a big impact on the case, although Cam can at least represent actual cops who worked the case. Kelly is seriously scary, she's just so proud of herself for what she did. I feel bad for Dusty, she at least does clearly feel terrible about what happened, she isn't innocent in all this but she obviously is in over her head and never wanted to actually hurt Reena. Reena trying and failing to light her cigarette really is her whole struggle in a nutshell, she wants to be this badass gangster girl but she is so obviously not pulling it off. The show really has to walk this tightrope with her, what she did to her family is horrible and so unbelievably selfish, but they also remind you that she is still a very young lonely kid who was desperate for friends and doesn't even seem to fully understand the seriousness of what she's done. And no way does what she did justify what happened to her, its still a tragedy that she died before she could mature and really make amends for what she did, and its sad to see the horrible lengths she went to for girls who don't care about her at all.
  8. Honestly, the entire idea of making food for a ghost wedding is insane to begin with, but I guess if Jay had the stock in the freezer, it's a bit less cuckoo. Maybe, but I think a lot of it is plot-driven. Isaac is the one holding back on physical intimacy and it's because he's still not entirely comfortable with who he is yet. But I agree that finding out more about Nigel would make him a better character.
  9. Oh, so now you’re a shrink. You know me so well. If something happens, it will be on you. My Motto .. if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing.
  10. Please let this be the beginning of the end for Monica. I get her wanting to know who wanted her taken out (because of course there's a line of possibilities) but the whole injuring herself more to go to the hospital and integrate the perp only to then turn around and murder him when he wouldn't talk. Ugh. You shot him in both feet and he wouldn't talk, at that point, let it go because no way another hitman isn't going to come your way. But Monica is also mixed up with what went down with the metro ops team? Not to mention the psychiatrist who kept popping up where she had no business being and the cop who threw himself off the bridge which of course Tim is going to get blamed for (which of course Lucy will insert herself all up into the investigation). What nonsense is this? So now Bailey is off the having a baby train because she doesn't want to spend the money on IVF? Okay, you just know she's going to get pregnant when she least expects it but whatever. Tim and Lucy, meh, don't care, never did. It was nice to see the dog though.
  11. Yes. They were engaged, but then he got so much pushback from Hope on being with Sheila that he backtracked and told Sheila it wasn't the right time (or something to that effect.) I can really easily see this being the truth. If they had not found her soon enough, she would have just bravely fought to free herself and made it all the way to Deacon's place before dramatically passing out. If Sugar had succeeded in killing Steffy, Sheila would have been rid of her without having to do it herself. But since that's not how it played out, she can do what she's doing now - play Sugar's victim who risked her own life trying to protect Steffy and the kids. Since Sheila can be so delusional about getting what she wants, she may think that this will ender her to Steffy, and everything will be fine. But, even if that doesn't happen (and we all know it won't), she's still earning points with Finn, which will drive a wedge in his marriage, and still lead to her getting to have a relationship with him. The fly in the ointment is going to be Hope. Sure, she's willing to consider that Sheila may have changed, but she'll be keeping a close eye on her, especially if she ends up involved with Finn, giving her double the reason to be concerned. And Hope isn't someone Sheila can easily bait into flying off the handle, like she can with Steffy. So it will be harder for her to manipulate situations with her where she looks like the victim.
  12. I'm not doing that. It seems like whenever anyone disagrees with you, you take it personally. Like you've just done, telling me not to read your comments. I think I'll just step away.
  13. The Golden Girls Guide to a Golden Life ISBN: 9781667202907 Unforgettable wisdom, activities fans will love, and unforgettably funny guidance from the Golden Girls are now in one hilarious and heartfelt book! How can you thrive in each stage of your life? Pull up a chair in the kitchen as this hilarious book explores milestone moments and offers golden advice and fun activities through the wise and witty perspectives of everyone’s favorite foursome. How would Dorothy approach a difficult situation in a friendship? What are Rose’s tips for saving money? What’s Sophia’s recipe for the perfect lasagna? And what advice would Blanche impart about picking up a date? All of these relatable topics—and more!—are tackled in this book. Topics include family, finances, friendship, health and wellness, style, dating, and aging. An energetic, eye-catching interior design and light activities throughout makes this dip-in-dip-out book a fun reading experience—and a great gift for any age and any occasion.
  14. Thanks for taking that with grace!! And I agree, if Arianna had let him produce her grandmother's funeral, he might have been there!
  15. This is what I don’t love about diet and weight loss conversations. I don’t think that the ability to lose weight without medications or surgery is necessary a question of willpower or something for which someone should receive credit. I’m not sure why we laud people for the ability to deny their body’s needs, particularly if they have to do so to a really unhealthy level to lose weight. I’m not sure that it should be a thing to celebrate - “hey, I denied myself food and felt lousy and lived with my stomach growling and went to bed hungry but I lost a few pounds!” Yay? I have spent a lot of time with people with eating disorders and our culture’s celebration of thin people, and particularly those who suffer to get and stay thin is actually fairly disturbing to me. I’ve really moved away from seeing weight loss as being a matter of “willpower” or being a skill to celebrate.
  16. I've noticed this about him in all of his "work" and/or office scenes. He seems to think the office is a place for gossiping or talking personal stuff, instead of, you know, WORK. Same with Steffy. All she's done for the past two weeks (which okay, in show time is only one or two days) is whine about Sheila being dead and how Deacon is manipulating Finn.
  17. I'm pretty sure that Barnes and her wife will be divorcing. It also looked like Barnes was agreeing to let her take the kids to Washington with her as well.
  18. I can't remember how they handled the Rifleman, Chuck Conners could switch hit like Tom Cruise does today.
  19. That is MY opinion. If you don’t like it, don’t read it. Please don’t take you experiences out on me. Ridiculous.
  20. I think she may have been off-key, unfortunately. Perhaps nerves. Sad to see Nadège and Zoe go home.
  21. I understand that. But when you say "I don't get settling" it comes off as judging those who do; for whatever their reasons may be. Like everyone should be able to find their perfect partner/mate, etc. At least, that's how it came across to me. Maybe I'm too sensitive because of my own experiences.
  22. Who knows. Plus, why not get an engagement ring? She’s cooking, cleaning, taking care of him. Why not have a nice big Diamond on her finger? She deserves something.
  23. Same feelings. Glad Will unlocked this memory and that his uncle was there for him to tell him it wasn't his fault. Hopefully, Will can keep his uncle in his life and maybe work through anymore trauma. And yes, too many women of color disappear and aren't cared about unless it gets major attention. Was glad that Lily Watkin's case got solved and loved Faith's disgust with the dad. Ormewood and Angie's case looked interesting and it was a way to make Michael more interesting and a more interesting case than the whole Angie and Crystal thing. Something says the roommate thing with Joey is a disaster waiting to happen and no more oxygen needs to be expended on that storyline.
  1. Load more activity