Type keyword(s) to search

The Portland Press: Stumptown Media

• Start Topic

ABC to Stop Using Live+Same Day Ratings

Really good news for the possibility of renewal in spite of low same day ratings. 

Meanwhile ABC’s new drama “Stumptown” (pictured above) is the largest grower among freshman shows so far in the 2019-2020 cycle, more than doubling its rating on average after three days of delayed viewing.

Next Episode: “Reality Checks Don’t Bounce” – Dex is hired by a famous TV judge to help find his prodigal brother but soon finds that she is not the only one looking for him. Elsewhere, after a carjacking under his watch, Hoffman enlists Grey’s help in tracking down the carjackers. Back at home, Dex isn’t prepared for Ansel’s unexpected news on “Stumptown,” WEDNESDAY, JAN. 8 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EsT), on ABC.

• Useful 2
8 hours ago, cleo said:

Had anyone heard anything recently about whether this may get renewed? The last thing I could find was TVBy the Numbers, likely renewal, but that was Nov 8.

I really miss that column and wish they'd bring it back.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, cleo said:

@possibilities did they stop doing it? I wondered why there was nothing after Nov. 8. I feel like that was the only reason anyone went to that site.

I don't know anything other than that the most recent update was "week 6" in early November. It used to post weekly during the September through May TV season. So I miss it! But as far as I know, there hasn't been any official notice of what is going on and why they haven't been posting new content.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, possibilities said:

They're selling less of Jake Johnson as "better shows" to come? Seriously? I've never seen a show try to promote itself by publicly promising less of one of the leads.

I'm fairly certain that, since it's posted by Michael Ealy, who plays Miles, it's just a joke about the two characters, rather than Jake Johnson getting less airtime. I've seen actors, especially with characters who are enemies/adversaries, do this on social media a lot, as a joke. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

my question was , I don't remember the kissing scene in the video so I guess MIles and Dex get back together?

On 1/9/2020 at 8:51 AM, Lady Calypso said:

I'm fairly certain that, since it's posted by Michael Ealy, who plays Miles, it's just a joke about the two characters, rather than Jake Johnson getting less airtime. I've seen actors, especially with characters who are enemies/adversaries, do this on social media a lot, as a joke. 

On 1/9/2020 at 2:30 AM, possibilities said:

They're selling less of Jake Johnson as "better shows" to come? Seriously? I've never seen a show try to promote itself by publicly promising less of one of the leads.

Just now, Ellerd said:

my question was, since I dont remember that kissing scene, do miles and dex get back together?

6 hours ago, Ellerd said:

my question was, since I dont remember that kissing scene, do miles and dex get back together?

This happened during the Artie arc. He sent Dex to get intel from Miles about their case...Miles had his own ulterior motive of using her to investigate Grey. So they each confessed to attempted deception and jumped each other. But Dex dumped him 2 episodes ago, that we only saw in the most recent episode as a flashback.

Glad it's getting another chance. I hope the second season focuses on the client of the week cases and doesn't go too far into soap opera territory. The Benny storyline (as good looking as he was to watch, hubba hubba) got tiring, and I'm worried the mother is going to be nothing but drama. 

• Love 2
On 4/18/2020 at 10:43 PM, paigow said:

Life imitates art...Oregon now allows self-serve gas due to Coronavirus. However, it might stay that way after the pandemic ends..

I just saw an article from 2018...In counties with population less than 40,000 - self serve gas was fully legalized. So if Miles was getting gas in some small county, then the whole carjacking scene was definitely plausible. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Clearly the s writers/show do not know what to do with Michael Ealy so let's see how much he needs a check......if he does go I wonder  if Camryn does too? I hope not.  I can do without a Gray/Dex romance and more of her brother.  If the parent drama just replaces the dead boyfriend drama, I'm out. 

• Useful 1
On 5/27/2020 at 12:05 AM, catrice2 said:

Clearly the s writers/show do not know what to do with Michael Ealy so let's see how much he needs a check......if he does go I wonder  if Camryn does too?

No P.I. show is sustainable without a friendly cop. Removing all the cops that like Dex would be plot suicide.

• Love 4
On 5/28/2020 at 9:10 AM, paigow said:

No P.I. show is sustainable without a friendly cop. Removing all the cops that like Dex would be plot suicide.

I agree.  The police detective friend is required for all the exposition scenes in these type of shows. 

I hope that Michael Early comes back.  However, Camryn Manheim's character IMO is not needed and I wouldn't be disappointed if they wrote her off.   

• Useful 1

Comic Con is going to be free online this year due to COVID-19 so everyone can see the Stumptown panel!

Stumptown

Stars Cobie Smulders, Jake Johnson and Michael Ealy will be joined by executive producers Jason Richman, David Bernad, Ruben Fleischer and graphic novel author Greg Rucka to answer your burning questions and discuss the cliffhangers from last season's finale plus all the action in store for the upcoming second season.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mtlchick said:

They are still shopping it  around.

Whats the best place for it?

And what kind of concerted effort can we lead  to make sure  it lands in  the right place?

• Love 2

Netflix might not pick it up since they just canceled two of its own series for similar reasons. It’s sad, because it was a good show. I’ve been burned by ABC so many times with canceling shows I like. I’m still salty over the cancellation of Pushing Daisies. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

So they canceled the show because of Covid and it wouldn’t be ready for the Fall? They couldn’t hold it until mid season?

The story is that it would not be ready until summer 2021

• Useful 1

The delay is going to be true of so many things that it seems weird as a reason.  Is it cheaper to develop a new scripted show from scratch than to wait on something that at least had interest?  Of course maybe it will be all reality filler as @paigow suggested.  Maybe 2021 will be a good year to catch up on my reading.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3