Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: I Found You

Sookie spearheads a mission to a nearby town to find out what the future holds for Bon Temps. Meanwhile, hostages taken during the H-vamps' attack on Bellefleur's hope a familiar face can lead them to freedom; Lettie Mae desperately tries to channel her family's past; and Vince stirs up a posse to seek justice on their own terms.

Yay!  Jason/Eric sexy make out time!  Aww, it was dream.  Would have been funny if he just started screaming Eric's name in a fevered passion right in the middle of a sermon.

And Lettie Mae is sooooo totally going to unleash an even worse evil than the Vampombies.

For a moment, I thought that one lady being dragged away to be fed on was Ginger, what with the blonde hair and screaming and all.  It had better not be Ginger, because I find her hysterical.

Anyone else hoping the mob would break into singing "Kill the Beast" after Vince whipped them up in a frenzy?

Santa Alice was a little creepy, but the heavy-handed FEMA/Hurricane Katrina references and  CGI mass grave kind of killed the moment.  Was hoping they'd run into the cast of The Walking Dead, because I think silly like that.

Jason and his "pizza forensics" made me smile, though.

I'm still a novice viewer, so hearing the diary entries being dated "2011" and not "2013" or "'14" made me confused.

Yay!  Pam found Eric (who looks surprisingly good considering he was on fire last we saw him)!

• Love 1

Soooo...France does not have roaming bandits of infected vamps? 

Also, I am confused. The infected vamps can't civilly drink from humans or does these particular vamps just want to kill?

• Love 1
(edited)

You know it's a stellar episode where Jane Bodehouse gets more airtime than Eric.

Not really.

And of course they have him helpless and in agony. I'm sure it will be Bill who saves the day somehow.

I totally spaced out during Sookie's scenes. Do not care about her and the greatest love evah.

Edited by BrendasChoppers
  • Love 6

The whole plot in St. Alice was so boring.  They could have just driven through the town to confirm everyone was gone, not do an intensive search.  FFd through the diary scene.

Pity that Jason and Eric had more chemistry than Eric and Sookie did in their romance a few seasons ago.  Total fanservice, but I don't care.

Why are we seeing more of the supporting characters than the main ones?  But no Violet, so...yay?

Eric being infected truly sucks.  Is he suicidal or did it happen by accident?

I'm thinking Tara is trying to warn the people of Bon Temps about the Hep V vampires through Lettie Mae.  There has to be a point to this.  

(edited)

My question is why don't the town's people who can leave, just leave during the day, and escape the town?  I get the ones who are looking for a loved one, but the rest of the people who may be unscathed...get out of there.  Like Alcide said, he had a full tank of gas and they could keep going.  But I get Sookie needing to stay.  I hate what she is doing by ditching Alcide at the house to find Bill.  No good can come from this plan.

Ugh, I just have this sinking feeling that Alcide is going to fall victim to all of this mess...especially since he's out looking for Sookie in the next episode (shirtless!).  Oh, I hope I'm wrong and he lives, because there is too much hotness there to not last the season.

Loved Jason's detective skills.  Lol at that Starbuck's card, but good on him to use his pizza forensics.  I really want to see Arlene and company get out soon, that part really disturbs me especially.  Too bad Ms Harris didn't survive to save them.

The Jason/Eric scene was pretty damn hot, I must admit.  Wow, Eric has HepV.  I didn't see that part coming.  Is there any way for him to survive this?

Lettie Mae is such a junkie, Tara is only part of the reason she wants more blood.  I think she wants to feel the high of it too.  Doesn't it figure how far she will go to get another fix.  Now it's V.  That Tara scene was pretty freaky.

Poor LaFayette.  He best survive too!!

Edited by LadyJaney
  • Love 2

Oh I like that theory, because really Tara on a cd cross with a snake babbling is otherwise ... Pointless.

Did anybody else laugh when Willa recovered her demureness? The abruptness of the shift just cracked me up.

I didn't find Eric and Jason hot. I was ... Bored. Actually a lot of this episode was kind of dull, although miss harris won't eat us was amusing too.

Where the heck can this be going?

One thing the writers got right is Lettie Mae's cycle of addiction. First the booze, then the church, now V. I don't know that Lettie Mae staked Tara now.

The St. Alice stuff was way too long and boring. It was easily the weakest part of the show (though that's not saying much at the moment).

What was the deal with Jessica's puncture wounds? I'm sure I missed something due to inattention.

I think because she hadn't slept much or fed, she might not be healing all that quickly.

What was the deal with Jessica's puncture wounds? I'm sure I missed something due to inattention.

I think they mentioned last episode that Jessica hasn't fed in a while.  I'm guessing that her healing abilities have severely weakened without new blood.

• Love 1

I don't know, they should have healed, right? I hope Jessica is not infected.

So far I have enjoyed the season. I love what they're doing with Jessica and Adalyn. I am really happy that Pam found Eric but I hate that he is infected.

I'm curious to see if this disease can be cured. If it can, I think Sookie is the one that will save the day.

I almost feel bad for Letting Mae but then I remember all the shit she did to Tara and I stop caring.

• Love 1
(edited)

Anybody else have a good laugh? I swear, Bon Temps is the only place where the title of Village Idiot has to be rotated daily. Note to the mob: it's shit like that that keeps your damn names from the opening credits. Fuck you, Kenya, for turning to the mob. And I hope a vampire eats Ma Hoytenberry soon. She's too ugly to live.

I was grinning like an idiot at the Eric/Jason slash scene. It's like watching fanfic develop. Shit, if slash writers took over the show, who would notice? I knew it was a dream . . . I was also thinking that the entire town would've stoned Sookie while Jason was sleeping. Poor girl . . . she sleeps with two vampires, and she's never gonna hear the end of it.

Lettie Mae becoming an addict for vamp blood . . . I should've seen it coming. In other news, it looks like Rutina is going to be in dream fodder for the time being. I feel bad for her and Tara.

The St. Alice signs were too much like that one episode of The Walking Dead, to the point where I kept looking for "BAD WOLF" against all odds.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1
(edited)

Thanks for the Jessica explanations, although I guess I don't know when she gotten bitten.

Side note: for those who, like me, vaguely thought one of the Fangtasia vamps might be Richard from Silicon Valley doing a cameo with some prosthetic facial hair...seemingly not.

Shit, if slash writers took over the show, who would notice?

This show has felt like fanfic (bad fanfic, at that) since around the time Ball left.

I think they rounded up a gaggle of fanfic writers and locked them in a room with a lot of weed.

Edited by kieyra
  • Love 4

Jason and Eric...boring.

St. Alice....pointless. Though I did wonder why that diary Sookie was reading was dated 2011.

That new wannabe mayor character can die in a fire. He's a jackass and I hope he gets eaten by HepV vamps.

I do like the Adalyn/Jessica dynamic.

The rest of the episode was meh.

• Love 1

I forgot about Ms. Harris. Loved her going for Arlene's leg before dying, looking to the world like she was trying to munch on much more than a femoral artery. Poor woman, semi-hilarious death.

• Love 1
Thanks for the Jessica explanations, although I guess I don't know when she gotten bitten.

She bit herself last episode to feed fairygirl some of her blood so she would know when the girl was in trouble.

• Love 2

Seriously when was the last time you watched True Blood with undivided attention? I didn't know what was going on either.

• Love 3
I'm still a novice viewer, so hearing the diary entries being dated "2011" and not "2013" or "'14" made me confused.

Me too.  I've watched past seasons, most of them.  It was surprising.  Not that it matters, I guess. 

I fast-forwarded through part of the mob stuff.  Though I appreciated the reference to the rapid growth of the fairy child, I always think it's a bit weird when a show randomly indicates that the background players know what's going on, or at least a part of it.  Also, I don't know any of those characters enough to care, and there's already enough tension (well...possible tension) without them.  

The Hep-V crew is odd to me.  Last season they seemed very...like Walking Dead zombies.  Now they know they know they're going to die and they still opt to kill entire towns of people.  To what end?

Arlene must be a carrier of Hep-V or something, right?  Last week it seemed like she was sniffed and they moved on to someone else.  This week it was like her blood accelerated that vamp's death.

I'm curious to see how they wrap all this up.  I kinda hope everyone dies, except Jessica.  I love her.

Oh, and if they're going to have random Jason/Eric sex scenes, they could at least show a little ass.  Or a lot of ass.  Why include it if you're not going to go all the way?

• Love 3
(edited)

Add me to the crew of people who wonder why these townspeople don't just up and leave. It's not like they'd even have to leave forever, just leave long enough for the HepV vamps to move on. It's already established they're nomadic. If all the humans disappeared the sick vamps would have no choice. But that would make far too much sense. I just don't understand why all of these characters are so stuck on staying in a podunk town like Bon Temps forever. The only one who would probably be screwed regardless of location is Sookie....with that fairy blood of hers no matter where she was vamps would be attracted to her like crazy. Adalyn too, I guess.

Edited by fliptopbox
  • Love 1

What the hell did I just watch?

You know you're in trouble when most of your episode is divided between an angry mob of background extras and vampires we've never met before while Sookie and the Scooby gang wander through the rejected sets from the Walking Dead.

• Love 9

You know it's a stellar episode where Jane Bodehouse gets more airtime than Eric.

Not really.

And of course they have him helpless and in agony. I'm sure it will be Bill who saves the day somehow.

I totally spaced out during Sookie's scenes. Do not care about her and the greatest love evah.

If it makes you feel any better, Eric got more screen time than Bill...

• Love 3

Sorry if I'm explaining something that's obvious, or if I'm perhaps just plain wrong, but I think the 2011 date was the writers' weak attempt to remember their own timeline, what with the show's extreme time compression in the beginning and then time jumps later on. I know we've lost something like a year and a half to time jumps, but several seasons lasted only days or weeks.

I can't remember the last time we saw Arlene's baby Mikey, but he was conceived in season one and I think he was still a baby in season 4.

• Love 3
The Hep-V crew is odd to me.  Last season they seemed very...like Walking Dead zombies.  Now they know they know they're going to die and they still opt to kill entire towns of people.  To what end?

I think the writers are trying to humanize them.  Until now, we've seen the Hep-V crew as monsters killing the innocents, so they're saying that some of them are just scared and desperate, like Betty Harris.  They know they're dying, but at least they don't have to die hungry.

I agree; why don't the townspeople just leave?  They have at least 10 hours of daylight, it's plenty of time to escape.  

• Love 1

I think the writers are trying to humanize them.  Until now, we've seen the Hep-V crew as monsters killing the innocents, so they're saying that some of them are just scared and desperate, like Betty Harris.  They know they're dying, but at least they don't have to die hungry.

I agree; why don't the townspeople just leave?  They have at least 10 hours of daylight, it's plenty of time to escape.  

I agree... I think they are trying to show that they aren't mindless Zombies... just really, really hungry.

While people could run away, where are they going to go? The HepV vamps are going to keep attacking wherever people are, so it might save you for a few days or weeks, but eventually they're going to be knocking down your door again wherever you run. But rambling through town with guns isn't the best idea ever. Spend the daylight hours fortifying your house, gather supplies. Get some silver... Make friends with a healthy vampire....

If the HepVs can't get to you, if the town is too much work, they'll move on to an easier target...

For a moment, I thought that one lady being dragged away to be fed on was Ginger, what with the blonde hair and screaming and all.  It had better not be Ginger, because I find her hysterical.​

Could not remember who Ginger was, that's how much attention I've been paying to this show.

Although, I was certainly focused during the Jason/ Eric scene.  Very hot.  More, please!

Arlene must be a carrier of Hep-V or something, right?  Last week it seemed like she was sniffed and they moved on to someone else.  This week it was like her blood accelerated that vamp's death.

Interesting. I hadn't really noticed (see above re: not paying attention), but that's a fascinating thought.  If she is a human carrier, is it possible she becomes a key to the cure?  (I assume they're going to cure it, but I guess they could just have all the vamps die off).  

• Love 1

Why did Ms Harris die after drinking Arlene's blood? 

I think she was just too sick, I don't think it had that much to do with Arlene's blood.. more that it was just too late. She would have died either way.

I still don't get the sleeping in 15 minute increments thing...

• Love 1
(edited)

Why did Ms Harris die after drinking Arlene's blood?

I'm not sure if there was something to it or if that was just the hep-V killing her.

Although with her dead and the Bon Temps "heroes" useless, it may be that Arlene having vamp-killing blood is their only ticket out. And I'm beyond tired of that basement. It was scary as shit when it was Lafeyette down there way back in S2, now I know damn well they're not killing Arlene, and I'm over it.

ETA: I noticed Ginger was promoted to series regular, so I think she's alive.

Edited by kieyra
  • Love 1

I'm not sure if there was something to it or if that was just the hep-V killing her.

Although with her dead and the Bon Temps "heroes" useless, it may be that Arlene having vamp-killing blood is their only ticket out. And I'm beyond tired of that basement. It was scary as shit when it was Lafeyette down there way back in S2, now I know damn well they're not killing Arlene, and I'm over it.

ETA: I noticed Ginger was promoted to series regular, so I think she's alive.

Yeah... that chick looked like ginger, but when they showed her being dragged away you could tell it wasn't her... the scream was all wrong, too.

We'll see ginger soon... she's been spotted in the promos :)

• Love 1

Geez, what a mess.  I don't mean to offend anyone who liked this, but it was truly awful.  That's the last time I watch this in real time.  If the writers have really given up, thenI suggest that they just devote the rest of the season to fan service - lots of scenes of various hookup combinations would be way more interesting than pretty much anything tonight.

• Love 3

The boredom and stupidity continues! Even the Jason/Eric scene made me want to fall asleep.

I've never really liked Alcide, but I feel a bit bad for Alcide. Sookie going back to Bill it seems is just the pits.

I did love Pam's face of sadness, relief and happiness when she saw Eric. Those two!

• Love 2

Geez, what a mess.  I don't mean to offend anyone who liked this, but it was truly awful.  That's the last time I watch this in real time.  If the writers have really given up, thenI suggest that they just devote the rest of the season to fan service - lots of scenes of various hookup combinations would be way more interesting than pretty much anything tonight.

To each their own, right?

While there are always things that I think could be better (but it's easy to say that from the couch instead of the writing room) I think this episode did a good job setting up more of the conflict and what's to come this season. We know the townspeople are crazy, and now they have guns... we also know a little bit more about the hepV vamps and what their agenda is/ that they aren't just out for the kill for fun.

We've also had some of our main characters with good personal revelations- Jason is unsure about his relationship with Violet, Andy is extra sure about his relationship with Holly, Sookie still has feelings for Bill... Eric has been hiding out and now we sort of know why, though a lot more info is still needed- where the heck was he/why did Pam know that's where he was and why was she pissed about it...

I also enjoyed Jess and her panic over Adilyn... next week is going to be a lot more of the main crew all working together, which is only good in my book.

But if some thought this episode was a hot mess, that's fine with me. I'm in this until the bitter end, and so far I'm liking the direction things are going.

• Love 5

Oof. That was pretty bad. I've loved this show all along, and defended it to everyone who has gotten on the hate train over the last few seasons. But this was terrible. The angry mob scenes at Merlotte's and the sheriff's station was like something out of a bad sitcom or a skit from SNL. Oh, that was so bad.

I do like Jessica's storyline, and I like Adalyn too. It was nice to see Arlene use her brain for once while she was talking to Ms Harris about what a good teacher she was, and how much she'd helped the kids she taught. Her rant about how she didn't survive 4 terrible ex-husbands and a serial killer to die in the basement of Fangtasia was amusing. Jason's "Pizza Forensics" got a chuckle out of me too.

I too keep wondering why the hell people don't just flee when the sun comes up. This is a good point though: 

While people could run away, where are they going to go? The HepV vamps are going to keep attacking wherever people are, so it might save you for a few days or weeks, but eventually they're going to be knocking down your door again wherever you run.

But the show needs to do a better job of explaining that. Right now they're all coming off like idiots that are too stupid to seek safety elsewhere, but then again, maybe they are. And I was sad to see Kenya join the angry mob. Quite often throughout the show, she's been the only one with any common sense.

• Love 1
Jason is unsure about his relationship with Violet

Let's hope so.  Hearing him tell Eric that he was crazy about Violet was really depressing.  It's less like a relationship and more like Stockholm Syndrome.

• Love 3
(edited)

What was the point of getting all those guns anyway? I hope those guns have silver bullets in them otherwise they are mostly useless and will only buy them a few seconds of time or more likely just piss off whatever vampire they intend to attack. And then they wasted a lot of those bullets anyway by dicking around in the police station. The thought processes of these people make me laugh. No, lets not get out of town and spare our lives for as long as possible. Lets run head first into danger by targeting supernaturals who are 10 times more powerful(and probably 10 times smarter tbh) than we are. All of these people are too stupid to live so I wouldn't miss any of them anyway. And way to destroy Arlene's bar. I'm sure she will appreciate it when she returns. 

I'm still going with the Lettie Mae staked Tara theory. There was just something about the way she talked to Lafayette that still has me convinced she is responsible. And of course she is addicted to V. I don't believe that Tara is trying to contact her at all. I think it's all just her V fantasies. Whatever the case I don't think her addiction bodes well for her or Willa's life expectancy. I kind of like Willa so I don't want her to die because of Lettie Mae's stupidity. 

The rest of the episode I'm kind of meh about but I look forward to seeing Jessica and Andy teaming up to save Adilyn from the Neanderthal citizens of Bon Temps.

ETA: Where all the damn children? Who is taking care of Arlene's kids while the rest of town comes up with full-proof plans to get everyone killed? 

Edited by Turkish
  • Love 1

Let's hope so.  Hearing him tell Eric that he was crazy about Violet was really depressing.  It's less like a relationship and more like Stockholm Syndrome.

Oh yes... Jason has stockholders syndrome big time. Violet needs to go bye bye.

• Love 4

Christ, Bon Temps is full of some of the dumbest and biggest assholes in America.  I'm hard press to find a town whose population I hate more.  Of course, this little mob is probably going to just make things even worse.  I can only hope that their end will be brutal. This show at least usually gets that right.

The entire St. Alice trip was a bore, except for Jason's "pizza forensic" skills, and his stuff with Andy.  This show may be done, but I would watch the hell out of a spin-off, where Jason and Andy solve crimes.  Besides that, meh.  When Sookie read that girl's diary, anytime Fangtasia was mentioned, I was hoping someone woudl be like "Hmm... maybe that's where they are hiding out!", but nope.  It was just all so Sookie and remember how she met Bill, and Alcide react to it.  Be prepared, Alcide; it may not happen yet, but I have a feeling Bill/Sookie is totally happening again.

So, Pam finds Eric!  But, wait: he's infected with Hep-V?  Baring a miracle cure, that is not good for him at all.  Baring a cure, I'm guessing he's going to pull of a "heroic" act, before turning into blood goo.

Speaking of blood goo: sucks for Arlene and Holly that their savior picked the wrong time to finally keel over and die.  Now, not only are they stuck still, but Arlene is covered in vampire blood.  Having a run of bad luck, aren't we, Arlene?

Again, I did love all the stuff involving Jessica and her wanting to protect Adalyin.  Too bad that it was daylight and Sookie threw her phone away, like a moron.  But I"m glad it sounds like Andy is going to put aside his understandable distrust to the side, and team-up.  Team Jessica/Andy!  Mainly because Deborah Ann Woll and Chris Bauer are awesome.

So.... Lettie Mae is still seeing Tara.  It now looks more like Tara is actually dead, but they're going to use this whole thing to keep her around for the rest of the season.  Lafayette is totally going to be used to channel her, right?  He's refused for now, but it has to be coming.

Well, it was "interesting" seeing an episode that was so vampire-light.  Not saying it was good, but "interesting", none the less. 

So are we supposed to just gloss over the revelation that Andy promised Kenya a promotion, and instead gave Jason far more responsibility than her?

Jason being the guy who blackmailed Andy to get on the police force, because he was too dumb to pass the intelligence exam? The same intelligence exam that Kevin, of all people, was presumably able to handle?

It's not like Andy's never done anything dickish before. But now it's harder than ever for me to see him as the sweetly befuddled family man who means well.

• Love 1
I'm still going with the Lettie Mae staked Tara theory. There was just something about the way she talked to Lafayette that still has me convinced she is responsible.

She said that she "took care of Tara like she should've a long time ago." That was a big red flag for me.

• Love 5