Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Week 5, Part 1

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, leighdear said:

I actually think those were cocktail napkins.  And giving them to Tayshia was probably Wells' idea.  

Better to use a cocktail napkin -- or even a sleeve -- than blowing snot on the ground. And leaving it there for posterity.

3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Remember when this show used to be fun summer fluff?  Yeah those were the days, right? This just isn't fun anymore, its just annoying and draggy. Not even the people on the show seem to be having much fun, they all just seem to cry and scream and gossip and be miserable and spiteful all of the time, I have no idea why anyone even wants to be here anymore, beyond basic fame whoreing.

Amen sister.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

I think she literally believed it's currently 2017 and not 2019. Scary.

Eh, I think Kristina is at least subconsciously aware that her “15 minutes of fame” peaked in 2017. It’s now 2019? Oh, shit, I’m an old maid compared to the Hannahs and Tayshias of today.

Just googled to confirm. Yep, she was on Nick’s season, which premiered January 2017. Fame is fleeting. 2017 she would have been a hot commodity. Now not a single guy is giving her the time of day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Tatortot said:

Maybe they should have a show about this "stagecoach" thing.

We all know Stagecoach is the real winner of this season. I'd never heard of it until now.

Edited by kazza
extra word
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
34 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I blame Marcus and Lacey for the changes.  That first wedding, never mind that it wasn’t legal and she ghosted him not long after... that became the goal.  

I don't think BiP caught the marriage bug until 'Janner', because that was a successful marriage and has resulted kids.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I don't think BiP caught the marriage bug until 'Janner', because that was a successful marriage and has resulted kids.

"Successful" in so far as they've kept it up, but per our Bachelor in the Media thread, there is suspicion that thing may be much less than ideal. 🤔

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, kita said:

"Successful" in so far as they've kept it up, but per our Bachelor in the Media thread, there is suspicion that thing may be much less than ideal. 🤔

Yeah, I'd peg Jade as the biggest loser of Paradise really. At least the women who picked horrible men mostly got away from them. She's now locked in with two children and an ass for a husband. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I'm watching season 2 of The Great British Baking Show.  I may keep on with a GREAT reality series, rather than this stupid pile of reeking Paradise crap....

Love the Great British Bake off shows! One of my faves.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, hilaryvm said:

I told a friend recently that it appears the people on this show are unaware that there are ways to talk to people that don't involve kissing.  I mean, a 5 minute conversation and they're locking lips!  I know a lot of them know each other but it still seems a little crazy to me.

Yeah, it seems like on all the Bachelor shows,  in order to figure out if you like someone or not, you have to makeout with them for a good 30minutes.  

Back in my day (because I'm OLD)  you figured out if you liked someone FIRST, then the makeout session.

Derek made a couple responses that started with "Absolutely". 

Am I the only one who flashed to the Jim Halpert/Dwight Shrutte, "Absolutely I do"  exchange?  

Edited by tinkerbell
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

I'm watching season 2 of The Great British Baking Show.  I may keep on with a GREAT reality series, rather than this stupid pile of reeking Paradise crap....

Love that show. A great example of how reality tv can be interesting and engaging without manufactured drama.

• Love 7

Yuck. Clay and Nicole deserve each other. He’s being a whiny baby. (It’s my beach, my show, my time. Why is someone else that I know here? I mean I know the other people but not know know, if you know what I mean.) And Nicole is a mean girl trying to collect all the beach dwellers into her circle. (She’s psycho and intentionally came to mess with me and my relayship. Don’t you agree? You hate her too right? I don’t know her but I know I hate her.) They’re both like dogs peeing to show dominance. And they keep trying to pee all over the beach, the bar and everyone there. Go away and take your whiny, drama queen, determined to hog airtime friend Tayshia with you. 

Derek bores me. Good grief I hope he’s not the Bachelor. Although I would prefer he stay around and just annoy JPJ all the time. And eww, JPJ. *shivers* The less said about him and his excess bodily fluids the better. The twins have always annoyed me and this specific one is no different. I don’t care what happens in her journey for clarity in a 2 minute old relationship. I do not believe that she’s often been told she’s intelligent. Unless it’s people on farmer Matt’s  intelligence level telling her that. 

I agree with so many of y’all who have mentioned how bizarre it is that these people meet someone, talk a couple of minutes, make a “connection” and then just starting making out. It’s like they have all been Bachelor brainwashed into thinking this is a normal way of meeting people. Weird. 

At this point I think I’m just watching to see Chris Buk’s ever changing chyron. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Nowhere said:

The only think Derek has going for him is the fact that he resembles Jim Halpert but that character was meant to be average. We all loved Jim because of his personality. He got cuter and cuter with every season of The Office.

Not all of us loved Jim Halpert. He acted smug and superior to the people who held the same job as him - one of my biggest pet peeves. It got worse when he and Pam got together, and became completely insufferable by the time he joined the bullshit startup.

As for Derek, even after three reality TV tours, I still have no read on him. He's either boring or he's hiding something.

11 hours ago, adhoc said:

Does anyone besides me find it creepy--or should I say creepily voyeuristic--that we got a shot of Dylan and Hannah G in what appeared to be a tight, possibly post-coital embrace in the "boom boom" room?

It just strikes me that everything couples do in that room is recorded.

If you watch closely, you can see that they go inside the tiny bathroom and close the door behind them, followed by the shot of them on the bed. It seems like the bathroom  is the only place those people aren't filmed during daytime, so this is where they go to have sex, then cuddle on the bed afterwards. I think there must be some no-camera hours at night - we sometimes see shots of couples on that bed in the morning, and presumably they'd spent the night there, but we never see footage of that.

Edited by chocolatine
  • LOL 1
On 9/2/2019 at 7:44 PM, TiredMe said:

I can’t even look at JPJ now. Gawd he is so nasty 🤮

what the heck with that new guy Matt? Something just ain’t right there. Couldn’t put my finger on it 

Yes. JPJ is downright DISGUSTING!!

He gives #GAYVIBES!! 😂😂 Plus. WTF was that kiss sign language setup & FAIL?!! STUPID!!

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 1

WHY did Clay's whining get so much airtime?? STUPID & RIDICULOUS!! He broke up with her, LET IT GO & STFU!! If anything, she deserves to be there over him, since he plays games! Maybe that's why he's bothered. He'll be exposed & everyone will turn on him! 😂😂

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Yeah, I'd peg Jade as the biggest loser of Paradise really. At least the women who picked horrible men mostly got away from them. She's now locked in with two children and an ass for a husband. 

Oh please tell me more!  Haven't heard about him...

Glad I blew off the show entirely.  Scrummy cake & cookie recipes, lovely competitors and Paul Hollywood were the perfect antidote to Paradise overload. 

I read Reality Steve religiously, so I know what happened.  Didn't need to watch it to feel the angst, desperation and fakery coming from ABC.  *LOL*

• Love 1
On 9/3/2019 at 8:57 PM, OldWiseOne said:

Love that show. A great example of how reality tv can be interesting and engaging without manufactured drama.

Yes. Zero manufactured drama unless you want to count Paul Hollywood's piercing baby blues when he looks at the contestants and they're shaking in their boots wondering if that means he likes it, ....or NOT!

• Love 2
On 9/3/2019 at 7:09 PM, kazza said:

We all know Stagecoach is the real winner of this season. I'd never heard of it until now.

I can see now the miles and miles of desperate and sad 20-somethings lining up to buy tickets for next year in the hopes that they’ll run into some of these “celebrities.” Imagine the general cohort of vapid, vacant women who rode that stupid bus around LA with Chris Harrison on that weird filler episode during Hannah B’s season. 

Edited by Bethanne
  • Love 5
On 9/4/2019 at 12:37 AM, chocolatine said:

Not all of us loved Jim Halpert. He acted smug and superior to the people who held the same job as him - one of my biggest pet peeves. It got worse when he and Pam got together, and became completely insufferable by the time he joined the bullshit startup

I could not stand him and I completely agree to every single word you just said! 

My issue with this show is the editing: We do not need to hear each cast member repeat who the couples are, or who just showed up on the beach, ad infinitum. When something happens, we don't need a cast member to parrot it back to us after the commercial break, and then three more times. Yeah, WE GET IT. Also, editors: as viewers, this is what it sounds like to us when you edit the show in such a way:

Clay: It is difficult for me to see my ex on this beach. 

(Different camera angle) Clay: You know, my ex is here and it's hard for me to see her because I still care for her. It's difficult.

*****Commercial break for some ridiculous  cop show starring Cobie Smulders**********

Clay:(this time with even less feeling in his voice) Angela is here on this beach and it's very difficult for me. We were just in a relationship only months ago.

(Mike comes to "chat" with Clay just in case the audience needs another reminder of what's going on)

Mike: How do you feel about seeing Angela here?

Clay: (still monotone) it is very difficult for me to see Angela because we were just in a relationship only months ago. It is just very difficult for me.

Editors....please... This isn't fun. I've heard this person repeat the same line 6 , 7, 8 times now!

Edited by Aim123
Whoops.
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
On 9/4/2019 at 8:44 AM, Lindz said:

what the heck with that new guy Matt? Something just ain’t right there. Couldn’t put my finger on it 

Matt is as gay as a French horn, and I have nothing against gay men---but they really shouldn't come on Bachelor in Paradise as straight men😆. I am cringing at Blake and his falsehood. She was 'in front of you this whole time'? Bitch please! You are such a liar. I can feel his lies through my TV screen. The producers are letting him dig the deepest grave of all time; they're not letting him off the hook and it is pretty glorious. As for Kristina, she has so much rage and anger permeating off her (with good reason, I do remember her past), but she's just too negative. She's definitely beautiful, but the tone of her voice always sounds angry. She just does not seem very pleasant to be around.

Edited by Aim123
Whoops.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 10:51 PM, Aim123 said:

Matt is as gay as a French horn

After my husband and I got done laughing at that, we started asking ourselves why it fit so well.  He summed it up, "Well, it's not straight at all is it?"

On 9/3/2019 at 10:33 PM, DEL901 said:

The whole show films in 21 days.  Even the “long term” couples have only been together for 3 weeks.   

I blame Marcus and Lacey for the changes.  That first wedding, never mind that it wasn’t legal and she ghosted him not long after... that became the goal.  Bachelor Pad had the money and competitions and I can only remember 1 marriage.  BiP has only bunk beds, booze and the chance for screen time.  

It´s such a missed opportunity to just having them laying around trying to somehow (pretend to) fall in love and get married to the first person who takes them on a date. Instead they could have competitions for date cards with various different scenarios like a mini bachelor date where it was 3 to 1 and one of the 3 would get the rose to stay (but the one giving the rose would not be guaranteed to stay), since that way people would explore with more than just one person. Roses could be handed out based on something else than just switching between the men and women, it could be a mix of people that got the roses to hand out, and tptb could obviously pick one half of a strong couple so that those people were more likely to stay. The drama would come when sometimes that wouldn´t work out and a popular character would go home or when all the dates were up for grabs. And they should stop with all the new people coming in. Maybe just have more people at the start and then another group would show up maybe once or twice, and then towards the end it would just get rid of more people and the people staying at the end would be winners, I guess? But winners of what I´m not sure, lol.

On 9/3/2019 at 10:33 PM, DEL901 said:

The whole show films in 21 days.  Even the “long term” couples have only been together for 3 weeks.   

I blame Marcus and Lacey for the changes.  That first wedding, never mind that it wasn’t legal and she ghosted him not long after... that became the goal.  Bachelor Pad had the money and competitions and I can only remember 1 marriage.  BiP has only bunk beds, booze and the chance for screen time.  

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 1