Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: A Date with Destin-y

• Start Topic

The group heads to Destin, Florida for a weekend of fresh starts.  Just days away from her wedding Reagan is ready to start over with her friends and put their dramatic past behind them.  On a guy’s day out, Justin confides in Jeff about his relationship struggles with Kelsey.  Jeff and Jon build their bromance and Tamica surprises Barry for their anniversary.

Airdate August 4, 2019.

I feel like this is a first - an entire bravo show that I enjoyed and I have no snark.  No one pissed me off. I love the weird friendship between Jeff and Jon.  Tamica and Barry are sweet. 

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, Anonysaurus said:

This group is so fun. 

Right?!?!  I love this show so much.  It has the rare ability to show real friendships and still entertain.  These guys are hilarious, too.  I am in love with Jon Moody, lol.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I feel like this is a first - an entire bravo show that I enjoyed and I have no snark.  No one pissed me off. I love the weird friendship between Jeff and Jon.  Tamica and Barry are sweet. 

This show.  It's almost "The Great British Bake Off" of reality tv.

Okay. There is no way Rachel is staying in the friend zone. As far as I'm concerned, she's everything!  Full time! And how much do I love a hostess that finds a house, with a chef.  Who has ready and waiting appetizers!  And will make want you want if you give him 30 minutes.   Rachel!

The men won the dance off.  They did.  Ohhhhh Justin...

Lime Green Papi.  Or was it Turtleneck Papi?  And of course Jon has a gorgeous pink turtleneck!  Of course!

That was a lovely vow renewel.  I'm staying positive.....because?  Damn Barry!  

Vodka gummies.  I don't know. I've had a white gummies martini.  But.  That looked high schoolish.

Did Jeff stay sober?

Every week, I leave this show feeling good.  It's just so enjoyable. 

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

I LOVED that the renewal of their wedding vows was ONLY Tamica and Barry with Robin there just to sing for them.  It felt real; a true affirmation of their love. Not some producer staged, let's get the whole gang together, made-up party.  And I was so happy for Tamica that she finally got wedding photos. How awful that they were scammed by the photographer 11 years ago!

This episode was perfect from the party bus fun, the dance-off, the guys out on the fishing boat, the ladies at the spa, with NO DRAMA! Just friendship and fun.

• Love 22
7 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Ok.  That picture of of Reese dressing up in his mother's clothes was a little creepy.  Where is he coming from?  Or maybe I'm just a little bit old fashion and I'm not that cool.

I’ve seen him as being a bit wishy washy, but that kind of makes me wonder if he is into cross dressing. He has never seemed overly masculine and in charge especially in his relationship with his fiancé. It might also be the reason why he allows Reagan to be so dominant. As a former horse person I can’t see him as a trainer because although love and trust goes a long way with a steed, you need to be their rock and not allow them to take over. You need to be their firm (but not abusive) leader and teacher. This is the opposite of how I view his relationship with his soon to be wife. She’s going to walk all over him and if that doesn’t work she will turn on the water works to get what she wants. 

I also liked the vow renewal. 

Jon Moody’s side eyes during the girls dance off were everything. 

• Love 4

I know Rachel is a "friend of" everyone on this cast, but I want her to be a "frend of" EVERYONE on Bravo--all the shows!   Most importantly Bravo need to give her some big bucks to join RHONY when they go on vacation, because the way she handled the room assignments was a thing of freakin' beauty.

The chyron writer for this show needs an Emmy STAT.  Those were great.  "Barry STILL Hot" and so on.

And I get the snark the chyron writer/editors were dropping on the cast when they posted the temperature (i.e., the ladies saying it was sooo cold at 39-45 degrees), but that IS cold for this far south in early December.  LOL! 

I'm bummed that next week is the finale. I hope they get another season, with at least a dozen regular episodes and a reunion.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, dosodog said:

How can that be?  We got 20+ episodes of crap from RHOBH and we only get 10 of SCNO?

Same with the original SC (Charleston). It goes on and on and it absolutely sucks this season. They're recent trip to Colorodo was an epic boring failure. I hope they all watch this and shutter at how SCNO rules!  

• Love 10

I am so grateful for this show. It renews my belief that not ALL reality TV is mindless trype with table flipping hair pulling shenanigans.  This spin off of the original Southern Charm has done a spirited dance around the original. There are no drug and sex assault laden male protagonists, no bad weave slurring baby mamas, no pillow making to escape a law degree exploits, no STD given classist  snobs.  Just great people with genuine friendships and interesting lives (except Reagan, *cough*).

Jon Moody Jon Moody Jon Moody. You subtitled artistic beautiful man you. I am here for you, sir, chef up, paint up, dance up......whatever you like. Such talent and great job with your performance and inspiration to those young men.  The turtleneck papi Hail to Moody moments were hilarious.

Tamika you are gorgeous girl. While the female dance came off as a bit contrived and awkward, one could easily see Tamika was in her glory as she danced. Her figure is amazing, and I envy her "legs for days," I can't help it! Barry was looking at his wife with utter respect/lust. Tamika 2.0 is killing it!  The vow renewal was very lovely, I found myself tearing up. The obvious respect and commitment between Tams and Hot Barry is fabulous to see. And those photos turned out AMAZING! So happy they got a beautiful capture of the celebratory day; albeit it 11 years late.

Justin its obvious you have got to cut Kelsey loose or commit. Your mama is correct, don't waste a ladies time. I'd like to add "don't waste a ladies time just because you can." I think its obvious Kelsey is thirsty as hell for Justin and will whine & opine for a few more years while throwing down hints and ultimatums for a ring. I just don't see her up and leaving.

It was nice to see Reagan not go on and on about her soon to be SECOND "best day of her life" while on the trip.  Girl, the timing is shady as hell and dirty. I hasten to say very few people give an actual care about  them marrying.   I wish the finale had been the Destin trip and vowel renewal. Bummed we instead have to see Reagan get hitched to man/boy Reece.

I hope Jeff finds his groove and gives himself time to heal. Its obvious he's still heartbroken, which is why his furtive gestures towards the ladies come off as desperate. And dude, I gotta disagree with Moody on the dark red hair dye.

Bravo has really done a great job with the casting of this show.

Edited by Crazydoxielady
spelling
  • Love 11

It is refreshing to see people who really seem to enjoy each other's company as well as couples who love and like each other, people who understand a good natured ribbing is just that and that laugh genuinely, interactions that don't seem horribly forced.   This is such a contrast to the other Bravo shows that feed on forced conflict and easy offense. 

• Love 17

Okay, now that we’re all in agreement that this is a fun show, I just have a teeny weeny bit of snark to add:

How much did Tamica’s vow renewal plan have to do with upstaging Reagan’s wedding - and isn’t it cruel to keep the girl hanging on being a bridesmaid? (Hopefully, that last part was just for Bravo’s storyline.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I wish they'd say the name of the asshole photographer.  What asshole scams people out of wedding photographs?  I thought you were paid a deposit and then when it comes time to deliver, you sell the couple a big ass book that costs 2x what they were going to spend.  And if you do a good job you get recommended and that's how you start a business.  So it's too bad they don't mention the asshole.

This show proves that reality shows don't have to be full of shade and stupid childish fights.  

• Love 7

I really adore Barry and Tamica together. He's exactly the personality she needs to balance her more in your face personality and I'm glad to see that she's been committed to improving her home life after seeing herself last season.

I adore this cast. Even annoying Reagan has a place in the group. Such a fun episode! Love the turtle neck surprise...and he packed a pink one too, haha. The dance off was great because it really demonstrated the free-spirit attitude of Jon and the Type A personality of Tamica. She legit tried to coordinate a choreographed dance while Jon had the guys swaying and freestyle solos, haha.

Did I see Kelsey pull a whole jug of orange juice from her purse when they left the spa?

Kudos to Jeff and Reagan, doesn't seem like there was much awkwardness between them, at least to the point where it disrupts the vibe of the group.

What's it gonna take for Justin to be comfortable? He's got a thriving career, he's got his own home, he's been in a relationship for a few years now, he's got a good relationship with his family...what needs to fall into place for him to be comfortable?

The vow renewal was really sweet. I wouldn't have minded one bit if Tamica had outed that scamming photographer. The renewal pictures turned out beautiful though It helps when the subjects are as good looking as Tamica and Barry are.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

What's it gonna take for Justin to be comfortable? He's got a thriving career, he's got his own home, he's been in a relationship for a few years now, he's got a good relationship with his family...what needs to fall into place for him to be comfortable?

Justin is such a good guy that he can't let Kelsey go because she hasn't given him a reason.  But you can see that he just doesn't love her.  She just doesn't hang the stars and moon for him.

What it'll take is for them to break up, and Justin to meet some girl where he goes.....OMG....wow.....ding ding ding!  His heart will have to sing.  It's not singing for Kelsey.

Unfortunately for poor Kelsey, when (not if) she loses Justin, she'll also lose this whole group of people, as that's how that usually goes.  And she'll have to move out of that great house, into some 1-bedroom apartment, and it'll be hard for her to find a new guy as great as Justin.  But Justin needs to go ahead and cut the strings.

When Tamika zipped up her dress, I was sure it was a re-make, or a new dress. But girl, that was her original dress!  And she looked amazing.  Envy = me.

I also didn't realize Tamika had been an NFL cheerleader.  For the Saints.  New respect, as they don't hand those positions out to just anybody.  And the fact that she never "uses" it as part of her story made it even better.

My favorite part of the show was when they started walking one by one, in their lime green turtlenecks, and Jon Moody's reactions at each one, when he finally fell on the floor in hysterics.  That was. Awesome.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 17
On 8/5/2019 at 7:52 PM, Neurochick said:

This show proves that reality shows don't have to be full of shade and stupid childish fights.  

Totally agree!! Maybe that's why it comes across as fairly genuine -- not as much seems made up for the show.

• Love 8

I love the show.  The entire cast is really great and I do love the friendship angle rather than all the in-fighting that drives the RH franchise.

I don't want to rock any boats or say something offensive, but I also really appreciate how the show has been handling issues of race.  The fact that they are openly discussing it is HUGE and that they do so in a dignified, matter-of-fact way is what will have the most mileage.

I feel that media has the most potential to drive cultural change, and this show is going in the right direction big time.

At least so far. 

I really enjoy everything about it. 

....Although it is sad seeing Jeff's outbursts.  I hope the damage from his football career is limited and he doesn't get worse.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 15
On 8/6/2019 at 1:13 PM, Sterling said:

Justin is such a good guy that he can't let Kelsey go because she hasn't given him a reason.  But you can see that he just doesn't love her.  She just doesn't hang the stars and moon for him.

What it'll take is for them to break up, and Justin to meet some girl where he goes.....OMG....wow.....ding ding ding!  His heart will have to sing.  It's not singing for Kelsey.

Unfortunately for poor Kelsey, when (not if) she loses Justin, she'll also lose this whole group of people, as that's how that usually goes.  And she'll have to move out of that great house, into some 1-bedroom apartment, and it'll be hard for her to find a new guy as great as Justin.  But Justin needs to go ahead and cut the strings.

When Tamika zipped up her dress, I was sure it was a re-make, or a new dress. But girl, that was her original dress!  And she looked amazing.  Envy = me.

I also didn't realize Tamika had been an NFL cheerleader.  For the Saints.  New respect, as they don't hand those positions out to just anybody.  And the fact that she never "uses" it as part of her story made it even better.

My favorite part of the show was when they started walking one by one, in their lime green turtlenecks, and Jon Moody's reactions at each one, when he finally fell on the floor in hysterics.  That was. Awesome.

{{pouting}}  maaaaan.   I feel terrible for Kelsey but I think you're right.   Those are tough to watch.  Loves her?  Absolutely.   Crazy about her?  Nope.    I know dudes like this, they think it's too big a blow to tell the truth.  Meanwhile that girl's ovaries are like:

giphy.gif

She deserves better.   

I like this show but I lowkey don't want to ever forgive Tamika for the way she comes at Kelsey about Justin.  The girl can't see it or doesn't want to but in the meantime quit fucking poking her bear just show up with the damn Haagen Dazs when you finally get that call.

I think she was the Paula Abdul of the squad.  Didn't she say she did their choreography?  That old picture with the girls from however many years ago, she looks exactly the same.  I just can't see her being nice enough to be a girl's girl if that makes any sense.   It's clear from the previews that she chose not to be a bridesmaid but I hate that she waited until 2 days? before Reagan's wedding to say so.  She might've been like {{shrug}} there are 17 bridesmaids, I won't be missed.   Tamika's got such a slender frame those boobs look downright silly on that chest.   I loved her wedding dress.  I laughed at them walking to the beach barefoot.  Yeaaaaah, no girl.  Old Navy's "Bride", "fancy" white flip flops are $12.

On 8/5/2019 at 8:52 PM, Neurochick said:

I wish they'd say the name of the asshole photographer.  What asshole scams people out of wedding photographs?  I thought you were paid a deposit and then when it comes time to deliver, you sell the couple a big ass book that costs 2x what they were going to spend.  And if you do a good job you get recommended and that's how you start a business.  So it's too bad they don't mention the asshole.

With any luck, they're already out of business.  Definitely how it works.   Deposit covers them showing up day of.  Balance when you see your pics and choose the 2x the budget album.  You go home on the basis that they need time to assemble your choices and present you with the book.  Then they disappear with your $, your proofs and your (photo) memories.  This and funeral scams are the 2 shittiest types I can think of.   Stands to reason that photographers were using CDs in 2008 but I can't say for sure. 

Moody is one of a kind lol.  I'm here for all of it.   Raccoon jacket with swimshorts, turtlenecks all summer long, Eddie Murphy pleather pantsuits, all of it.   

• Love 4

Yeah, unfortunately, that photographer probably just took the deposit, snapped the photos, and ran.

I just saw a news story about a wedding cake shop that delivered fake plaster wedding cakes after taking people's money.  The couples actually found out when they tried to cut it.  Of course, money has been paid, cake shop owner long gone.  Sad that people like this have no conscience.

• Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:51 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I’ve seen him as being a bit wishy washy, but that kind of makes me wonder if he is into cross dressing. He has never seemed overly masculine and in charge especially in his relationship with his fiancé. It might also be the reason why he allows Reagan to be so dominant. As a former horse person I can’t see him as a trainer because although love and trust goes a long way with a steed, you need to be their rock and not allow them to take over. You need to be their firm (but not abusive) leader and teacher. This is the opposite of how I view his relationship with his soon to be wife. She’s going to walk all over him and if that doesn’t work she will turn on the water works to get what she wants. 

I also liked the vow renewal. 

Jon Moody’s side eyes during the girls dance off were everything. 

Reece is absolutely a cross dresser. He's been wearing his mother's clothes (by his own admission) since he was a little boy  and while at one point he said he has stopped, I don't think it happens that way. As for the horse trainer piece he described himself as spending most of the day sitting in the barn getting high. I would guess that his mom and other family do all of the real training, and Reece is relegated to the breeding barn where he can only screw up so much. I think that Regan seeks out men that she can dominate, which is why Reece will be perfect for her. His family has at least some money and he's never going to leave her because he doesn't think he can ever get a girl as hot or hotter. However, none of that makes for a good husband or father and I think Regan will be on divorce 2 and husband 3 by the time this kid is in middle school.

• Love 8

Man.  The contrast between Barry's interviews leading up to the vow renewal and Reece's interviews leading up to the wedding was HUGE.  Barry was dignified and thoughtful and talked about loving his wife and family whereas Reese was crass and ignorant and talked about shagging his bride-to-be.

Just goes to show that money can't buy you class.  I really can't wait to see how Reese is next season after he's had a chance to see himself on tv.  If he doesn't clue in after watching, then there is no hope.  

Also interesting was the timing of the renewal relative to the wedding given that they are on a TV show.  I like Tamika, and feel it was legit, but I also think she timed it to make sure she didn't stand in Reagan's shadow where the show is concerned.   

• Love 5