Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: The Sign / S06.E13: New Life

• Start Topic

What.

No, seriously, I don’t know what happened. I knew it was mostly awesome, Adele Deke didn’t suck even while keeping secrets, and May might be the baddest lady in any Marvel-related property (not her fault we haven’t see Black Widow as often) . . . but I’m confused. Not “trying to explain Legion” confused, but I’m close.

So Team Brainiac is operating in the past. And they got a Chornocon version of Coulson. Roboulson? That’s one way to keep Clark Gregg in the show’s final season.

I gotta hit AV Club. Maybe this can explain things for me. 🤷‍♂️

ETA: I don’t know how typing “Deke” led to “Adele.” 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Wow. They really did it. They freaking went back in time. Are they going to start Shield with Peggy Carter?! Has Haley Atwell been involved with anything-because if Agent Carter and Agent Shield collide next season,

I. Might. Die.

Also-if we don’t get grandDad Triplett, I’m calling party foul. I can’t believe next season is it and this THIS is how they’re ending it. I’m literally flabbergasted. 

• Love 8
On 5/10/2019 at 7:57 PM, janeta said:

I'll take Clark Gregg on my screen any way I can get him. ☺️

Can you say LMD Coulson?

So nobody died? Glad to have May back, but that's kind of lame.

I want some Boardwalk Empire costuming next season, people.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

Wow. They really did it. They freaking went back in time. Are they going to start Shield with Peggy Carter?! Has Haley Atwell been involved with anything-because if Agent Carter and Agent Shield collide next season,

I wish. It looked like the Empire State Building has not been finished to be built.

Peggy and SHIELD were post WWII. I don't even think that we get Howard.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
Just now, SnoGirl said:

I looked it up-the Empire State Building got its antenna in 1950.

What was the last year we saw on Agent Carter?? I am seriously geeking out.  

Nah, Daisy said, "I'd ask for a drink, but that's illegal now." And the building wasn't finished, I'd say it's 1930.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

Does this mean we get Cap in this? Or do we get Peggy before Cap went back into time.

LMD Coulson. I still think “Roboulson” works.

1 minute ago, SnoGirl said:

AVClub is thinking early Thirties. The bad news is that they might cross over with “Daleks in Manhattan” and “Evolution of the Daleks,” which was a disappointing Doctor Who story. Maybe they run into feeble kid Steve Rodgers?

Oh, and how hard was it for Elena to keep her mouth shut? Or could Shrikes forces mouths open that easily?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Nah, Daisy said, "I'd ask for a drink, but that's illegal now." And the building wasn't finished, I'd say it's 1930.

1 minute ago, Lantern7 said:

LMD Coulson. I still think “Roboulson” works.

AVClub is thinking early Thirties. The bad news is that they might cross over with “Daleks in Manhattan” and “Evolution of the Daleks,” which was a disappointing Doctor Who story. Maybe they run into feeble kid Steve Rodgers?

Oh, and how hard was it for Elena to keep her mouth shut? Or could Shrikes forces mouths open that easily?

I’m looking at the picture of the Empire State Building on the show-they’re putting on the top-the building is built. According to this website, the building officially opens in 1931, but gets its antenna tower in 1950. It could be the thirties, with Daisy’s comment about not being able to drink-Prohibition ended in Dec of 1933.

I think it would be more fun if these Agents of Shield help set up Shield. Especially since Simmons talks about needing Coulson’s historic knowledge of Shield, but if Shield doesn’t start until the 1950’s, that would be out if we really are in the thirties. Either way-holy crap!

• Love 2

I'm amped for the final season... Tho I'd like to know what happens with flint and snowflake... I hope they both show up... Especially flint... As for the final season... Man should be interesting to see how this particular team deals with 1930s America... A very large proud black man who has a white man as his number 2 ( with Simmons amd Deke somewhere lower down the totem pole)  two Asian women and a latina.... Oh joy can't wait... That's not sarcasm by the way... I mean it

• Love 7

Good thing they aired these episodes back-to-back, because it would have been so uncool to have the first episode end with Melinda getting stabbed with a sword, and having to wait an extra week to see if she survived!

So, despite their hopes, Sarge ended up not being like Coulson at the end, and was prepared to join Team Izel when the chips were down.  Have no idea if there was ever a chance of that happening, or that was always a pipe dream for Melinda (and Daisy somewhat.)  At least they put him down for good.  And Coulson will be back.  Well, kind of...

I really can't figure out Yo-Yo's powers sometimes, because I would think she would have been able to grab the strife bat in time.  At least it's not quite as bad as how inconsistent Barry's powers are on The Flash, but there always seems to be a struggle with speed powers in superhero shows.

Yay, Enoch!  I'm glad he came through at the end.  But, of course, it sounds like the plan involves splitting up Fitz and Simmons again, because those two can never be happily together for a full season.

Weird that Snowflake ended up never factoring back in.  Also wonder what is going to happen with Flint.

So, it is looking like next season is going to start with a) Melinda in the containment pod, b) a Chronocom Coulson and c) the gang going back in time?!  It sounds like the 1930s, so I guess that's too early for any of the Agent Carter characters to show up, but I can hope something will led them to having to use to jump drive to go forward fifteen to twenty years at some point!  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

I’m looking at the picture of the Empire State Building on the show-they’re putting on the top-the building is built. According to this website, the building officially opens in 1931, but gets its antenna tower in 1950. It could be the thirties, with Daisy’s comment about not being able to drink-Prohibition ended in Dec of 1933.

I think it would be more fun if these Agents of Shield help set up Shield. Especially since Simmons talks about needing Coulson’s historic knowledge of Shield, but if Shield doesn’t start until the 1950’s, that would be out if we really are in the thirties. Either way-holy crap!

You could say that SHIELD sees its linage in the Strategic Scientific Reserve like the real life CIA can look at the WWII Office of Strategic Services as part of its linage. After all Triplett's grandfather was a Howling Commando attached to the SSR.

• Love 3

Yeah, it goes from the SSR to Shield, and it is not really clear when the SSR was founded...but around 1933 sounds realistic because, well, that's when everything went to sh... in Germany for good.

If they can jump around in time it most likely means that they will jump to different moments in the history of shield. I am quite excited about that notion. The only thing which confuses me: Are the chronicons trying to destroy shield at different points in time? Haven't we established that changing the past won't change the present?

• Love 3

No wonder Izel's flight suit was so baggy, she had her ceremonial robe and all that jewelry on underneath. She should have taken out that ugly flight suit the minute she landed on Earth.

Yoyo's super speed disappoints once again.

A Chronicom LMD of Coulson would be a Silicoulson, a Chronicoulson, a Roboulson?

2 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Good thing they aired these episodes back-to-back, because it would have been so uncool to have the first episode end with Melinda getting stabbed with a sword, and having to wait an extra week to see if she survived!

In the preview for the next episode (before they showed the next episode), they showed May standing and holding the sword. Way to spoil the surprise, show!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Now, a couple of random thoughts….and explanations.

Yoyo explained in the show why she couldn't stop the Shrike: She didn't see it in time.

Deke's outburst was great. Yeah, cut the guy some slack!

I wonder what happened to Snowflake...but considering, how much just from the crazy "Deke has a tech company" episode came suddenly back, I am sure the writers have a plan. Like usual.

There is still an inhuman under the sea. What's up with that?

Honestly, I wouldn't mind to have Coulson gone for good.

Enock is the best! It was really odd to have his voice coming from another actor though. Didn't fit at all! I was all "better fetch his other skin back! As soon as possible"!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, swanpride said:

Yoyo explained in the show why she couldn't stop the Shrike: She didn't see it in time.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind to have Coulson gone for good.

Yeah, but Yoyo (or Daisy, for that matter) had plenty of time to grab the goddamn thing during the eternity it spent trying to get into her mouth.  It's so stupid.

I agree on Coulson.  I've never thought there was anything remotely interesting about him (part of that is due to Clark Gregg's terrible acting; I mean, some of his line readings tonight were seriously horrendous), and the hagiography the show has created around him is so annoying.  Every other long-time character (i.e. not Deke) on the show is so much more interesting and dynamic, and I lose so much interest anytime Coulson or a Coulson simulacrum is onscreen.

Deke still is the worst (more bad acting).

They killed the two hot guys this season (Davis and Khan) – boo!  Piper is still alive, though – yay!

I didn't believe for one second that May or Yoyo was going to die.

I have a headache, and I'm going to bed.

Edited by NUguy514
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

I’m looking at the picture of the Empire State Building on the show-they’re putting on the top-the building is built. According to this website, the building officially opens in 1931, but gets its antenna tower in 1950.

image.png.1cba026fc91c0e281933a730ee0c1545.png Released in 1933. So maybe the team defeats Kong

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

Yeah, but Yoyo (or Daisy, for that matter) had plenty of time to grab the goddamn thing during the eternity it spent trying to get into her mouth.  It's so stupid.

I agree on Coulson.  I've never thought there was anything remotely interesting about him (part of that is due to Clark Gregg's terrible acting; I mean, some of his line readings tonight were seriously horrendous), and the hagiography the show has created around him is so annoying.  Every other long-time character (i.e. not Deke) on the show is so much more interesting and dynamic, and I lose so much interest anytime Coulson or a Coulson simulacrum is onscreen.

Grab the shrike, I thought Daisy had their frequency on lock and thought she was going to hit the zombie army with it.

While Iron Man III left many with the talk of "the real Mandarin" there was also talk of the real Advanced Ideal Mechanics (A.I.M) and their technicians suits and I thought that is who I saw with Simmons taking a monolith slice.  Then there was FitzSimmons alliance with the Chromicom refugees who are able to pass as human, I know that I have seen that plot before

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I wish May had of dove onto Sarge's arms while he was holding the sword over Izel's chest. It would have solved so many problems.

I was wishing she'd lunge in, put her hands on top the sword or over Sarge's hands, and push it in.

4 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

Yes!  I kept yelling (in my head) "Grab it! Grab its wings! Pull it away!" but now, they just had Yoyo touching her own neck. 

One more thing that annoyed - the Sarge monster was so strong he could withstand being quaked, but somehow Mac was able to hold his own against him for a long time.  

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

One more thing that annoyed - the Sarge monster was so strong he could withstand being quaked, but somehow Mac was able to hold his own against him for a long time.  

I think the coulson shell weakened him when daisy quaked him... His shell blew away and he was full on demon.. At least that's how I saw it

• Love 1

I shouldn't have doubted May at the end of last episode.  May is such a badass. As soon as I saw her alive and with the sword I knew she was going to kill the ones with the stones.  I was confused on how she was still actively fighting after being stabbed in the stomach.  But oh well.

I was glad that Enoch came through but I feel like at that point there was enough going on without them attacking then, it could have been a next season plot.  Also I was confused on why Jemma said she didn't know where Fitz was but a second later called him on the radio? Unless she just meant his location which didn't make sense.

So that's how they are going to "bring" Coulson back. I kind of think as much as I love the character, he should have stayed gone.  It under-minds his death last season.  I am glad that everyone else survived.  So Daisy, Mack, YoYo, Jemma and May are in the past, probably 1930's.  Deke, Piper and Flint (who I guess was real?) are still in the present then?

Definely a lot let open for next season. I liked most of the season but the stuff with Saige remained the worst part. They spent way to much time on his "team" to have them not matter at all.

• Love 2

Well, at least Simmons bangs were finally explained. It was so we could immediately tell the Simmons that showed up at the end was from a different time period since her hair was pulled back sans bangs. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, blueray said:

So Daisy, Mack, YoYo, Jemma and May are in the past, probably 1930's.  Deke, Piper and Flint (who I guess was real?) are still in the present then?

I think Deke is in the past as well... Dunno about piper and flint.. But I'd be good with them in the past as well... Tho that would just add to the racial predicament of these particular agents being in the 30s... It would be interesting to see how Deke and Flint react to racism.. And how the experience would be diff for both of em... Tho I guess piper  and daisy may be able to pass without too much problem... Obviously may and Yo-Yo couldn't 

• Love 1

The way Jemma said we have all the time in the world suggest as long as the hunters didn't get them first time travel can snatch whoever, whenever they needed them. I am thinking that the clean suits were Deke's work force and uncasted Chronicoms.

22 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

I think Deke is in the past as well... Dunno about piper and flint.. But I'd be good with them in the past as well... Tho that would just add to the racial predicament of these particular agents being in the 30s... It would be interesting to see how Deke and Flint react to racism.. And how the experience would be diff for both of em... Tho I guess piper  and daisy may be able to pass without too much problem... Obviously may and Yo-Yo couldn't 

There wasn't racism in MCU America until Agent Carter season 2.

Lol...not quite true. There was this "we are taking everyone now" line form The First Avenger. Since we are talking New York, May might have eben more problems than Mack...in this period, Anti-Asian sentiments were running high, while anti-Black sentiments were a thing, but way, way more pronounced in the South (due to the black population in New York being still fairly small).  On the other hand, Mack's seize alone is a "problem". Luckily, Simmons has an English and not an Irish accent.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

Deke still is the worst (more bad acting).

Let me get this straight - Fitz and Simmons used one of Sarge's knives to build the bracelet that prevents Isel from merging with a person. Deke watches them do this, then takes the other million knives Sarge has, calls 3,000 millenials to SHIELD's super secret HQ where he puts them in a huge room that nobody else in the agency knows about. He manages to feed them and get them access to showers and sleeping areas, not to mention computers and other equipment and they mass produce more bracelets, all in a day or two. Two things are brought to mind - SHIELD has the worst security ever, and Fitz is right. Deke must be a magician to pull all this off. Show, you're trying way too hard to make Deke either likable or useful. You were starting to last episode, then you pulled this crap. Next season, either kill him off in the first episode, or have someone put him in a corner for a timeout that lasts 15 episodes. 

The promo definitely ruined the May surprise, but she's a BAMF and I will not complain about her demonstrating that once again. 

Yo-Yo's powers really do come and go at the weirdest times. 

Welcome back Flint! Now, there's a character from the dystopian future that I can root for and enjoy. More of him and far less Deke. Please. 

Anyone else get whiplash from the Mack-Daisy argument? You both had to make tough choices and both ended up causing more problems. Welcome to management. Heavy lies the head that wears the crown. 

I can't see them staying in the early '30s for too long next season. Since they can now travel through time without a monolith, they should be able to get to WWII (Howling Commandos) and late 40s (start of SHIELD) without too much trouble, 

• Love 4

I thought that the two final episodes of the season were mostly awesome.  I really liked that the show resisted the urge to make Sarge a good guy.   I really loved Melinda May in this.  She was all kinds of awesome.  I know a lot of people don't like Deke but I thought he was really fun in this episode.  Asking what he had to do to get a little respect and then having Mack call him "Agent Shaw" not once but twice.

I also really thought it was funny when Jemma and Fitz were told that the course of their lives were going to change forever and they just basically said "Again?"  

It will be interesting to see how everyone reacts to the new version of Coulson.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Loandbehold said:

Let me get this straight - Fitz and Simmons used one of Sarge's knives to build the bracelet that prevents Isel from merging with a person. Deke watches them do this, then takes the other million knives Sarge has, calls 3,000 millenials to SHIELD's super secret HQ where he puts them in a huge room that nobody else in the agency knows about. He manages to feed them and get them access to showers and sleeping areas, not to mention computers and other equipment and they mass produce more bracelets, all in a day or two. Two things are brought to mind - SHIELD has the worst security ever, and Fitz is right. Deke must be a magician to pull all this off. Show, you're trying way too hard to make Deke either likable or useful. You were starting to last episode, then you pulled this crap. Next season, either kill him off in the first episode, or have someone put him in a corner for a timeout that lasts 15 episodes. 

The promo definitely ruined the May surprise, but she's a BAMF and I will not complain about her demonstrating that once again. 

Yo-Yo's powers really do come and go at the weirdest times. 

Welcome back Flint! Now, there's a character from the dystopian future that I can root for and enjoy. More of him and far less Deke. Please. 

Anyone else get whiplash from the Mack-Daisy argument? You both had to make tough choices and both ended up causing more problems. Welcome to management. Heavy lies the head that wears the crown. 

I can't see them staying in the early '30s for too long next season. Since they can now travel through time without a monolith, they should be able to get to WWII (Howling Commandos) and late 40s (start of SHIELD) without too much trouble, 

No, the knives were used to make fragmenting bullets. The bracelets were Deke's ideal that we know their frequency so jam them. Of course they forgot Daisy's Inhuman power is based on frequency and vibration not force blast. It is why the zombies don't work when you remember that Daisy had the Shrike frequency 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, blueray said:

shouldn't have doubted May at the end of last episode.  May is such a badass. As soon as I saw her alive and with the sword I knew she was going to kill the ones with the stones.  I was confused on how she was still actively fighting after being stabbed in the stomach.  But oh well.

That was because when she crossed over, death had no meaning, so depite the face she was mortally injurered, she could be her badass self. As soon as she got back, she (almost) succumbed to her injury.

Edited by StarBrand
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

Asking what he had to do to get a little respect and then having Mack call him "Agent Shaw" not once but twice. 

l like that too. It was nice to see that he earned the right to called an "agent".

• Love 8

I like that Deke isn't inherently heroic but does what he does basically to proof himself and get some sort of family. He is such a wonderfully flawed character.

If I get this right after Sarge killed May, there was a moment Coulson came to the surface just long enough to do the one thing he could still do for her, pushing her into a realm in which she couldn't die. Either that or Sarge made a huge, huge mistake.

• Love 8

Btw, another detail which amuses me to no end...remember the first season with the lie detector test? And Jemma's answer to what she would want if she is stranded on an island? Now she has build her very own Tardis!

• Love 7

I'm going with PhiLMD.  And I want him to be a little weird and buggy, like Aida.

In the end Sarge was an echo of Coulson, and doesn't change the life or death of the original, and I'm okay with that.  If PhiLMD is the same, I'll be okay with that.

These two eps had just about everything I love and dislike about this show in them, but the things I love won out.  If they could monologue 20% less, that would help.  About every other season of this show is really great.  This season was mixed, so I hope that next season will bring it.

In the 30s, Steve Rogers would be...14?  If they skip through time and echo the structure of Endgame, they could still see so much about SHIELD history and totally bring in Peggy Carter and Jarvis cameos.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Terrafamilia said:

Yeah, Deke getting a whole design team into a supersecret and secure SHIELD facility is either proof of major incompetence on part of SHIELD or he got the go-ahead from his business partner - Mac.

However it is the Lighthouse and he spent a lifetime smuggling stuff  past the Kree slavers 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, blueray said:

I was glad that Enoch came through but I feel like at that point there was enough going on without them attacking then, it could have been a next season plot.  Also I was confused on why Jemma said she didn't know where Fitz was but a second later called him on the radio? Unless she just meant his location which didn't make sense.

I think that Jemma doesn't know where/when in time Fitz is.

I wonder if adding new or fake S.H.I.E.L.D. protocols would help their situation since the Chronicoms used these against them. I am not sure if new or fake S.H.I.E.L.D. protocols would alter what happened when the Chronicoms attack (I will never understand how time travel works). The simplest solution would be to rig the room that the Chronicoms landed in with a jump drive and send the Chronicoms back to their planet a year before it is destroyed so that they can warn their people and make an escape plan (which I think is what the Chronicoms wanted in the first place).

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

I think that Jemma doesn't know where/when in time Fitz is.

I wonder if adding new or fake S.H.I.E.L.D. protocols would help their situation since the Chronicoms used these against them. I am not sure if new or fake S.H.I.E.L.D. protocols would alter what happened when the Chronicoms attack (I will never understand how time travel works). The simplest solution would be to rig the room that the Chronicoms landed in with a jump drive and send the Chronicoms back to their planet a year before it is destroyed so that they can warn their people and make an escape plan (which I think is what the Chronicoms wanted in the first place).

The hunter didn’t care, he wanted to diversify their society among many planets.

8 hours ago, Raja said:

No, the knives were used to make fragmenting bullets. The bracelets were Deke's ideal that we know their frequency so jam them. Of course they forgot Daisy's Inhuman power is based on frequency and vibration not force blast. It is why the zombies don't work when you remember that Daisy had the Shrike frequency 

But have we ever seen her change the frequency of her vibrations to something specific like that? I mean, would telling her "It's a frequency of 5-46-79-A" somehow make her able to will her vibrations to be on a frequency of 5-46-79-A?

17 minutes ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

But have we ever seen her change the frequency of her vibrations to something specific like that? I mean, would telling her "It's a frequency of 5-46-79-A" somehow make her able to will her vibrations to be on a frequency of 5-46-79-A?

She did it first to the monolith to save Jemma and the team from Maveth and did it this season to save May, Deke and Snowflake in Sarge's rig by  getting rid of the Shrike hoard.

It is what her mother encouraged her to do, feel the vibrations of various objects with her limited formal Inhuman training

Edited by Raja
  • Love 2
Just now, Raja said:

She did it first to the monolith to save Jemma and the team from Maveth and did it this season to save May, Deke and Snowflake in Sarge's rig by  getting rid of the Shrike hoard

In the latter case she just quaked them apart as usual. Looking at the script for "Purpose in the Machine" to refresh my memory, she was able to replicate the frequency for opening the monolith only after being exposed to it at a deafening level herself. So she could have done it if they had blasted her with it first. On the other hand, the bracelets are more effective because they don't need Daisy to constantly use her powers on everyone, which is energy consuming for her and wouldn't allow for people leaving her vicinity. Remember, the bracelets prevent possession by Izel, they don't do anything about the Shrikes.

• Love 1