Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Entering a World of Pain

• Start Topic

As Veronica learns more about Nicole's past, her suspicion deepens. A frantic phone call from Paris leads to a search for Matty. Veronica unwittingly does legwork for Leo. 

Is it just me or did Logan and his Navi buddy, he got the information from, have way more sexual chemistry than him and Veronica ever had? I expected them to kiss any second.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Miles said:

Is it just me or did Logan and his Navi buddy, he got the information from, have way more sexual chemistry than him and Veronica ever had? I expected them to kiss any second.

Wasn't just you.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Miles said:

Yeah, I saw that too. Also looked like there was about to be a moment for Veronica and Leo.

That fight with Weevil was so good. The show is just killing it. There's a reason why I can watch this show over and over and never get tired of it.

• Love 3

Have they said exactly what Big Dick is going to do with all that property once he buys it. Because won't all the work he is doing to scare people away come to bite him in the ass. Because even if he developes the waterfront how do you get rid of the bad reputation.

Alsl I did kind of love Maddy giving Veronica the run down of the events of season 2. Although how do you do that much reseaech into what happened with Kendall and Beaver and not realized that Veronica was involved?

• Love 5

The fight with Weevil and Veronica was great. Francis Capra was holding his own in that scene. This show really brings out the best in him. 

Leo is still adorable and my favorite.

Hector! And his crazy hyena laugh!

I was totally expecting Clarence Wiedman to be lying about Logan hiring him when the Carr brother showed up, but then he shot back, so I guess not.

• Love 4
(edited)

Man, that argument between Veronica and Weevil was brutal. Veronica Mars may be a marshmallow (see also: Matty) but if she ever thinks that you have wronged her dad, she will drop you like a hot potato. It makes me sad that she hasn't even tried to see things from Weevil's point of view because she's so busy being angry on Keit's behalf.

On top of that, I bet if you asked Keith how he felt, he would say he was disappointed and frustrated with what happened but that he's not holding a grudge against Weevil for his decision.

Despite what Veronica said, I think Weevil still has a soft enough spot for her that he's going to warn her about Alonzo. Is that just wishful thinking? I can't imagine that Weevil wants her to get hurt or killed by those cartel guys despite their fractured relationship.

I had to laugh when we found out that Alonzo and Dodie got Daniel to pay them for killing Tawny's asshole brothers but that they didn't actually kill them. I mean, it didn't turn out great for Daniel since he ended up getting shot, but I didn't think Alonzo and Dodie had it in them to make a fake video!

How did Big Dick make so much money in business if he's so dumb that he thinks using someone's initials is an uncrackable code?

Oh, never change, Vinnie Van Lowe.

Is the frat guy's death going to be Susan Bishop 2.0?

Leo is so fun to have around! When the drunk dancing started, I was worried that they were going to end up kissing or having sex so I guess I should be glad that Matty's breaking and entering interrupted that possibility.

I legit gasped out loud when Clarence Wiedman showed up!

I'm so excited to watch the last two episodes but I'm so sad that it's almost over.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Man, that argument between Veronica and Weevil was brutal. Veronica Mars may be a marshmallow (see also: Matty) but if she ever thinks that you have wronged her dad, she will drop you like a hot potato. It makes me sad that she hasn't even tried to see things from Weevil's point of view because she's so busy being angry on Keit's behalf.

On top of that, I bet if you asked Keith how he felt, he would say he was disappointed and frustrated with what happened but that he's not holding a grudge against Weevil for his decision.

Despite what Veronica said, I think Weevil still has a soft enough spot for her that he's going to warn her about Alonzo. Is that just wishful thinking? I can't imagine that Weevil wants her to get hurt or killed by those cartel guys despite their fractured relationship.

I had to laugh when we found out that Alonzo and Dodie got Daniel to pay them for killing Tawny's asshole brothers but that they didn't actually kill them. I mean, it didn't turn out great for Daniel since he ended up getting shot, but I didn't think Alonzo and Dodie had it in them to make a fake video!

How did Big Dick make so much money in business if he's so dumb that he thinks using someone's initials is an uncrackable code?

Oh, never change, Vinnie Van Lowe.

Is the frat guy's death going to be Susan Bishop 2.0?

Leo is so fun to have around! When the drunk dancing started, I was worried that they were going to end up kissing or having sex so I guess I should be glad that Matty's breaking and entering interrupted that possibility.

I legit gasped out loud when Clarence Wiedman showed up!

I'm so excited to watch the last two episodes but I'm so sad that it's almost over.

I legit cheered while I read this post. Lol 

That Veronica/Weevil fight was intense and was great acting from those two! 

Big Dick is such a wonder to me. Using initials!  Not even backwards initials my guy. Geese! Just go back to prison. 

Vinnie is hilarious to me! 

Clarence Wiedman! I gasped as well 😮🤣😀

On to episode 7! 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I thought the big one actually died but the little one hadn't and there were bullet holes in his shirt when he was picked up by the Irish bad guy (whose name has completely escaped me). 

• Love 1
(edited)

Vinnie Van Lowe is just the best. I always thoroughly enjoy any time he is on screen.

Logan and that military guy really did have sexual chemistry lol. But, maybe Jason Dohring could just have chemistry with a light pole.

That Weevil and Veronica fight was intense!!!

I'm really irritated with Veronica on 2 fronts.

First of all, why can't she just let it go Weevil? I feel like her level of anger towards him does not match what he did. She should really see it from his POV. He was just trying to do right by his family. And don't think for a minute Veronica wouldn't throw Weevil under the bus for her family either, bc she definitely would.

Part 2 of why Veronica is irritating me: Why is she all over Leo? That was just so disrespectful towards Logan, when Logan is really trying here. Bc let's be real, Veronica and him really should do couples therapy, bc they both have a lot to work as individuals and as a couple. I know that she is damaged, but so is Logan and it seems like there are 2 people in this relationship and only one of them is trying/actually cares (aka Logan). I'm not saying she has to marry him bc it is perfectly okay to not want to do that and still be committed to someone. But she isn't even trying. She is distant and shut off and then goes off to flirt with her ex. 

Let's just say adult Veronica is disappointing me. I liked teenage Veronica a lot better. 

Edited by marshmallows
  • Love 15
13 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

They weren't intending to make a fake video, they were just shockingly sloppy with this murder and didn't check closely enough to see that one of the brothers survived after being shot at least twice in the torso.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

I thought the big one actually died but the little one hadn't and there were bullet holes in his shirt when he was picked up by the Irish bad guy (whose name has completely escaped me). 

That wasn't Liam Fitzpatrick, it was just a random person doing some four-wheeling out in the desert.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, albinerhawk said:

How long is Spring Break? A week? This is the third time we've seen Veronica get wasted or high. I thought she was more responsible now who cuddles up with Logan and watches Harlots. 

In the first episode they said a month. 

8 minutes ago, albinerhawk said:

How long is Spring Break? A week? This is the third time we've seen Veronica get wasted or high. I thought she was more responsible now who cuddles up with Logan and watches Harlots. 

In the first episode, they establish that spring break season lasts about a month.

(I’m finding the judgment of Veronica for drinking/partying a little odd, but maybe I watch too many other shows where grownups are frequently slugging wine or hitting a vape.)

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, kieyra said:

In the first episode, they establish that spring break season lasts about a month.

Which makes sense for a beach front destination town. You would be getting people coming from all over the country and it is not like every school has their break at the same time.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, kieyra said:

(I’m finding the judgment of Veronica for drinking/partying a little odd, but maybe I watch too many other shows where grownups are frequently slugging wine or hitting a vape.)

I don't think it's necessarily judgement, it just seems out of the blue. We saw her through junior and senior years of high school and freshmen year of college never knowingly using drugs or  even drinking if I recall(she drank in flashbacks to her sophomore year). She had a maybe a drink or two at the reunion. I'm not judging whether it's good or bad, it's just surprising.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, moonshine71 said:

I don't think it's necessarily judgement, it just seems out of the blue. We saw her through junior and senior years of high school and freshmen year of college never knowingly using drugs or  even drinking if I recall(she drank in flashbacks to her sophomore year). She had a maybe a drink or two at the reunion. I'm not judging whether it's good or bad, it's just surprising.

I totally agree with this. Veronica never seemed very interested in drugs and alcohol which makes sense considering her past and her personality of always wanting to be in control. I was very surprised as well with all her partying. Not that I'm judging. She is allowed to party on if she wants to. It just seems OOC.

• Love 8
(edited)

I don't know I could see Veronica turning to alcohol and drugs when she doesn't want to deal with her issues. Girl has been through some serious trauma and refuses to get the help she needs. The drug use seemed to be more of social usage and could be used like with what Keith was doing with J.K. Simmons (I know his character had a name but when you cast a recognizable actor that's all I see) do things the other likes to get them to open up. 

I totally thought Veronica would've hooked up with Leo had Mattie not been there.  She's self destructive and refuses to talk to her boyfriend about their issues. Leo offered an escape from all that. However the Veronica that Leo sees is not the real one. He sees fun loving, badass Veronica not the damaged woman that Logan knows. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 17
17 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I don't know I could see Veronica turning to alcohol and drugs when she doesn't want to deal with her issues. Girl has been through some serious trauma and refuses to get the help she needs. The drug use seemed to be more of social usage and could be used like with what Keith was doing with J.K. Simmons (I know his character had a name but when you cast a recognizable actor that's all I see) do things the other likes to get them to open up. 

I totally thought Veronica would've hooked up with Leo had Mattie not been there.  She's self destructive and refuses to talk to her boyfriend about their issues. Leo offered an escape from all that. However the Veronica that Leo sees is not the real one. He sees fun loving, badass Veronica not the damaged woman that Logan knows. 

Cheating still seems OOC for Veronica. I mean she is self-destructive for sure, but cheating just seems like a line she wouldn't cross. This is why I've just been extremely disappointed with this version of adult Veronica. 

• Love 3
(edited)
21 minutes ago, marshmallows said:

Cheating still seems OOC for Veronica. I mean she is self-destructive for sure, but cheating just seems like a line she wouldn't cross. This is why I've just been extremely disappointed with this version of adult Veronica. 

I see it more as all her traumas are catching up to her and she's not dealing with them. She's choosing to ignore them causing her downward spiral behavior. I like that they are showing the fall out of someone that has been through so much at a young age and hasn't gotten the help she needs. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 8

Yeah, Veronica is on a downward spiral. The drinking and shooting, drugs taking, flirting with Leo. I  might as well add the fight with Weevil to the list as it ties in with the self-destructive pattern of pushing back people you care for on some level.

(Maybe we're supposed to see her unwillingness to let it go as a sign of her loyalty to Keith. But it really looks as if Keith is over it. Also: her outrage with Weevil seems odd considering that she's completely okay with Dick. If you must hold grudges be consistent about them.)

So we got confirmation that Big Dick & Co were behind the first bomb. Dick thinks Clyde got rid of Perry Walsh via the second bomb but Clyde did not actually confess. That leaves the neck-bomb and the third bomb. I hope I got that right - as usual with this show the closer we get to the end the more confusing it gets and somehow everybody has dirt on their hands.

Also: For some reason I would really like to meet Jane. I keep picturing her as Jane Lynch and that's just very confusing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Not that I judge Veronica for partying, but it does seem out of character for her to be going so hard so often. You would think she would be a little nervous about that, with her history of being roffied and her mom being an alcoholic. 

So Big Dick did plant at least one of the bombs? God, how is it that Dick is the most well adjusted and least evil member of his immediate family?! Well beside his mom, but she never exactly seemed to be that into being involved in her kids lives, so I dont really count her. 

I fear that Veronica would have hooked up with Leo if Maddie hadn't been there. I hope that she isn't really going to go there, cheating on Logan just because she is having some kind of commitment issue freak out would just depress me. I dont know if its out of character, but its not something I want to see, especially with Logan's history. 

Clarence Wiedman! Holy shit, Logan called Clarence! I mean, the man does do good work!

I see the portrayal of the Greek system in this show hasn't changed very much over the years 😉 

I have been kind of been on Veronica's side in the Weevil/Veronica riff, but it sucks that he is apparently so uncaring about how much his community is being hurt by what he is doing for Big Dick. 

Logan is doing a ton the heavy lifting on this case when it comes to gathering intel, and he is seriously working that uniform! It sucks that Veronica is getting cold feet, because they seem to be really solid whenever they're together. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 9

I'm really enjoying the season so far, but I have to say, I am finding it a bit odd that they revealed that Clyde and Big Dick were responsible for at least one bombing- essentially "offscreen" to the audience, while our titular heroine and her father are still going back and forth trying to solve this thing. There is obviously a lot going on, and I don't think that's the end of the story, but it feels weird to be one step ahead of our protagonists.

(I also think they are spending entirely too much time with the Pizza Guy and his "murderhead" buddies, but that's another thing altogether.)

I need to go back and comment on earlier episodes, but this was just so jarring to me that I had to chime in on it.

• Love 2

This is the same Veronica that made incredible fake ids for her friends during season 3 and she's been shown drinking since before season one.   I think what we're dealing with is a lack of upn interference. 

I hate V and Weevil fighting. 

Leo and Veronica have more chemistry than LoVe ever did,  I said it.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I have been kind of been on Veronica's side in the Weevil/Veronica riff, but it sucks that he is apparently so uncaring about how much his community is being hurt by what he is doing for Big Dick. 

Weevil lives in survival mode.  All he can see is the immediate needs of his family which is money to buy food on the table today.  He can't worry about tomorrow because he has no idea if he'll be there tomorrow. 

• Love 8
On 7/23/2019 at 11:12 AM, Sakura12 said:

I see it more as all her traumas are catching up to her and she's not dealing with them. She's choosing to ignore them causing her downward spiral behavior. I like that they are showing the fall out of someone that has been through so much at a young age and hasn't gotten the help she needs. 

And STILL RT decided to drop these storylines! Veronica has issues! It’s ok to get help. I hate that they are having her turn her nose up at Logan getting better and growing when she was constantly telling him to be better. 

• Love 9
(edited)
On 7/21/2019 at 7:50 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

Have they said exactly what Big Dick is going to do with all that property once he buys it. Because won't all the work he is doing to scare people away come to bite him in the ass. Because even if he developes the waterfront how do you get rid of the bad reputation.

Alsl I did kind of love Maddy giving Veronica the run down of the events of season 2. Although how do you do that much reseaech into what happened with Kendall and Beaver and not realized that Veronica was involved?

Once Neptune stops being a spring break destination and all the NUTT ordinances are in place, it's unlikely that there will be any more bad reputation. He can tout how he has made Neptune great again, and the ultrarich he is targeting will be perfectly happy to buy property for way more than Big Dick paid for it.

It wouldn't surprise me if the official accounts would not credit Veronica for her involvement in solving those cases. News articles about Beaver would likely quote Sheriff Lamb and his department, which obviously has a huge disincentive for saying the case was cracked by a 16 year-old girl he hates. And society articles or marriage records on Big Dick and Veronica wouldn't mention Veronica.

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, CerealKiller813 said:

And STILL RT decided to drop these storylines! Veronica has issues! It’s ok to get help. I hate that they are having her turn her nose up at Logan getting better and growing when she was constantly telling him to be better. 

Yes, they're clearly showing that Veronica's traumas are getting to her as an adult in various ways. I'm not bothered by the drinking or the vaping weed, but shooting a gun while high or almost having sex with Leo (cause that's where it was going if Matty hadn't been there), that's disappointing. It's like Weevil said, she has all those degrees but she's not using them, she stays in Neptune which she hates and where she can feel superior to everyone else. Veronica is afraid of confronting who she is. So I hope it all leads to something at the end of this season, cause Kristen Bell said she did the show for her daughters, so they would live in a world where Veronica Mars exists, and all I can think is: this Veronica? Really?

• Love 10

Hey, Veronica cheated on Piz with Logan in the movie, and they were living together.  It's no stretch for her to cheat on Logan with Leo.  I'd hate that though.  I did think the drunk dancing scene was hilarious. 

I always felt Veronica saw Weevil as the one she "saved".   Her support of him & his PCH buddies through high school, getting him the maintenance job at Hearst college, etc.  I think she takes it personally that he's back to the thug life.  

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Hey, Veronica cheated on Piz with Logan in the movie, and they were living together.  It's no stretch for her to cheat on Logan with Leo.  I'd hate that though.  I did think the drunk dancing scene was hilarious. 

I always felt Veronica saw Weevil as the one she "saved".   Her support of him & his PCH buddies through high school, getting him the maintenance job at Hearst college, etc.  I think she takes it personally that he's back to the thug life.  

No, Piz dumped her before she slept with Logan in the movie because she stayed there instead of coming back to NY to visit with his parents. I'm fairly sure she planned on going back to NY and to Piz at that point, although that was before her father was hit by a car. I suspect whatever happened she would have stayed to see her father through the accident. I've also known Law School to take a real toll on relationships, so there probably was stress between Veronica/Piz for reasons that had nothing to do with Veronica/Logan.

I think that Veronica held Weevil to a higher standard, they had a parallel development in the show and when she came back to Neptune they worked together for a while, until he decided to try to salvage his family. I don't think she thinks she saved him but I do think it is personal.

• Love 5
On 7/23/2019 at 4:36 PM, MissLucas said:

Also: her outrage with Weevil seems odd considering that she's completely okay with Dick. If you must hold grudges be consistent about them.

The difference is that Weevil was a friend, and Dick is someone she tolerates for Logan's sake. IMO she expects more from Weevil, and expects nothing from Dick.

• Love 4

I would've been incredibly disappointed with both Veronica and Leo if they'd had sex. Veronica has such a history with infidelity, from taking pictures of people doing it to it almost leading to unwanted siblings for her, that it would mean a lot for her to engage in such hurtful behavior. I totally understand that Logan's job strains their relationship and that she's floundering in the face of his growth but she knows he doesn't deserve that. Leo knows that too and is supposed to be a good guy. I was getting nervous about it and then...thank goodness for Maddie!  

While I don't mind adults partying, she's gotten truly drunk and high at least several times in a few weeks. For people in their 20s, OK, they're young and pushing boundaries. For people in their 30s, you may be bordering on having issues especially if you have a history of addiction in your family. Even Logan looked like he was more careful than she was when they were partying together.

I worried for Logan this episode too. Getting a friend to break major rules for him and then going in uniform to question that kid was extremely reckless. Veronica didn't (again) give him nearly enough credit for how much he bent the rules for her. And, on a shallow note, JD was rocking that uniform. 

I enjoyed Hector laughing at the cartel guy for having the Mars get into his room. He thought it was a joke because he didn't realize the gravity of the situation for the Mars but Weevil does. I have no doubt he'll do the right thing even despite his fight with Veronica. And he was not wrong about her having all those good degrees and doing nothing with them. From his perspective, it is a waste.

Oh and Big Dick is a Big Idiot. I can see where Little Dick got his brains.

• Love 4