Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E27: June, Chad & Pauline

• Start Topic

Pauline's self-destructive behavior continues to be a problem. Chad strives to be a better father and husband as he continues his journey. June's progress stalls when frequent travel and wedding plans cause her to slip back into bad . . .  

Bad what?  BAD WHAT? The suspense is killing me!  Okay, maybe not, because I had to look up June to try to remember who she is. Is she marrying her put upon partner or has June found a new girlfriend to draw into her world? 
Chad was a success story.  Still a success?  Still a story? I  suspect they had some leftover footage from his last update in which he played palate cleanser for Teretha. 
Finally, the wonder that is Pauline.  Mother of "Dilly". Pauline is on her third Where Are They Now?  What more can we learn?  How much more unlikable can she be?  Let's see.  

Let's all enjoy this dog's lunch of an episode.

This is the regular episode thread.  It will be open after the US East Coast showing.  

Original air date 2019.07.03

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Missed the live chat. My eating habit tonight is birthday cocktails and dessert at cheesecake factory. We've often noticed their bags when food  is delivered on the show. I'll have to catch the 9 pm West Coast repeat for further commentary. 

Early thoughts:

Will Pauline get hooked on the pain meds again with her skin surgery?

What about that big girl June is internet dating? Is that a good idea, or the road to ruin?

Stay tuned. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Here's some more from the same person on reddit (the person they were replying to was deleted, so I can't post their question).  Based on this, no wonder Dillon never spoke on the show.  Can you imagine having this beast as your mother?

Screenshot_2019-07-03-23-39-19~2.png

I actually watched the next episode on Justin, NOT the Assanti Justin but the redhead from Rock Hill, South Carolina. It was a good one and definitely a palate cleanser after watching Pauline.

She is certainly a nutcase and just a plain creepy person. Every time she said something about her son Dillon finally having a life of his own once she lost enough weight to take care of herself, I cringed but had the faintest hope that maybe this time she meant it. Alas, no such luck. I wish that Dillon would wake up and realize that she is a lifelong burden for him and get the Hell outta there.

• Love 13
(edited)

Oops, almost forgot to amend/correct a post I made during the Live Chat. I commented that June's ring was cute but those nails of hers were gagtastic. In all its wisdom that bleeping autocorrect changed the word to "fantastic." Nuh uh, nothing fantastic about those talons. Tee hee, I then watched a few minutes of the new show Ripley's Believe It Or Not on the Travel Channel and they had a woman named Ayanna with fingernails that measured anywhere from 27 to 36 inches and yeah they were as nasty and weird looking as they sound. Kinda made June's set look almost normal in comparison.😊

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Clarifications.
  • LOL 6
(edited)

Pauline.  Get off your chair and stop the poor me routine.  We noticed with the physical therapist she can't even be bothered to put the arm weights on herself. She just sticks out one arm and makes him do it. Lame. 

I'm surprised when they removed that skin they didn't have 10,000 spare excuses fall out onto the operating room floor. 

Edited by Scratches19
  • LOL 16
  • Love 6

There's something about Pauline's mouth that I just can't stand. That sad sack pout just infuriates me. It's typical of her laziness that she dropped out once Dr. Now wouldn't give her any more skin surgery.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

It's been so long since I've seen Pauline's 'journey' that when the episode started I was thinking "why did I think Pauline was so bad?  Considering some of the people we've seen lately, I bet the bar has changed and she is tame in comparison".  Then about 2 minutes into her story I remembered.  Vile and manipulative.  

Dillon looks like a dead man walking.  He's messed up and probably needs serious therapy.

• Love 9

Got up early and re-watched because I couldn't sleep because of upset stomach.  I was just reflecting what a sad waste of help and resources was Pauline.  Then I read the post about her behavior with the dogs.  Scary!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Kenzie said:

There's something about Pauline's mouth that I just can't stand. That sad sack pout just infuriates me. It's typical of her laziness that she dropped out once Dr. Now wouldn't give her any more skin surgery.

She probably just wanted surgery for the pain meds.  All that talk about mobility was a lie;  wheeling around her kitchen is all the mobility she wants.  Those poor dogs.

• Love 12

I'm still bummed that the season has ended with this lame update episode, which I've watched now on Amazon. Other than June's wedding it was dull, dull, dull. And since the WATN season ended with only seven episodes, I've saved a whopping one dollar by purchasing the whole season rather than the individual episodes. 😡

I'm not surprised that Pauline decide to quit and return to California. I could tell she felt unable to do all the additional work for the amount of time that Dr. Now would have required in order for her to receive additional skin surgeries.

I am surprised that so little of Chad was shown, but that might be because he wrote and published a book, which could have violated his NDA with the production company, so they may have stopped filming him.

Bottom line, I wish them all well, wherever they end up.

So sorry that the whole season is over now, but it's been a lot of fun. I'll still be around, though, if anyone wants to discuss this or previous seasons' poundticipants. Cheers y'all. ✌️

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Carboncat said:

Got up early and re-watched because I couldn't sleep because of upset stomach.  I was just reflecting what a sad waste of help and resources was Pauline.  Then I read the post about her behavior with the dogs.  Scary!

Makes you wonder how she got the two dogs she has...

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Kenzie said:

A million times yes about her mouth. That expression really sums up everything wrong with her: selfish, manipulative, lazy, deceitful and, most of all, an extreme sense of entitlement. He's not dead but she has singlehandedly destroyed her son Dillon.

I remember one of her voiceovers where she said that Dillon had come to Houston to help her and had stayed there for THREE YEARS followed up by yet another insincere declaration to get better and give him a chance to have a life of his own. Hate her.

• Love 14
(edited)

I was wondering why did TLC decide to group June, Chad and Pauline together? The only obvious thing they all had in common was their legs. I don't think that I have ever seen such a collection of severely swollen, misshapened legs all packed into one episode.

I always feel bad for those poundticipants with legs like that. You can see a great deal of improvement with skin removal surgery done on the abdomen, arms, etc. but it seems that there's not much that can be done to make their legs ever look anywhere near normal.

I wonder why some have normal legs -- I'm thinking about Lupe in particular among others -- and why others develop these massive tree trunk-like legs? Obviously their morbid obesity contributes to that but there must be separate factors (no, not water retention Pauline, you ass!) which accounts for such unfortunate deformities.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Additional comments.
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ProTourist said:

I'm still bummed that the season has ended with this lame update episode,

Does anyone know if the show has been renewed for next season???

(edited)

Pauline is just a big leach.     I'm not going to be surprised that the next time someone updates on her, she'll be back in the mega-throne wheelchair again, with poor Dillon still taking care of her.      That Reddit posting is scary as hell.      

I would just like to send my condolences to the entire state of California.  How sad that Pauline went home, and is even now inflicting her awful sense of entitlement on everyone she meets.    Dillon needs to escape, and not look back.  He deserves a life.

I love June had a bad time, and then turned it around.   I hope June and Mary are very happy together, and June continues her 'journey' to health.  

I love Chad and his family, and hope they have a lot of happy years together.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, DC Gal in VA said:

I was wondering why did TLC decide to group June, Chad and Pauline together? The only obvious thing they all had in common was their legs. I don't think that I have ever seen such a collection of severely swollen, misshapened legs all packed into one episode.

I suspect because Pauline quit so they stopped filming her, and they didn't seem to have much footage of Chad. June's update alternated with the others through the whole episode, but Chad's didn't start until after Pauline's "I'm quitting because I know better" speech and that was more than hour in.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, DC Gal in VA said:

I wonder why some have normal legs -- I'm thinking about Lupe in particular among others -- and why others develop these massive tree trunk-like legs? Obviously their morbid obesity contributes to that but there must be separate factors (no, not water retention Pauline, you ass!) which accounts for such unfortunate deformities.

Maybe genetic to some degree?  Pear-shaped vs apple-shaped that you see in overweight / somewhat obese people like me (I’m a pear and have to be REALLY thin for my legs and thighs to even begin to appear a normal size).  Lupe and some of the others just don’t seem to have the huge legs to begin with.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Pauline is just a big leach.     I'm not going to be surprised that the next time someone updates on her, she'll be back in the mega-throne wheelchair again, with poor Dillon still taking care of her.      That Reddit posting is scary as hell.      

I would just like to send my condolences to the entire state of California.  How sad that Pauline went home, and is even now inflicting her awful sense of entitlement on everyone she meets.    Dillon needs to escape, and not look back.  He deserves a life.

I love June had a bad time, and then turned it around.   I hope June and her wife are very happy together, and June continues her 'journey' to health.  

ITA with everything you said. Regarding June, at first I thought "Marriage? No, no, no way too soon!" However, they have a much better chance of making it than June and her former SO Sadi. June's voiceovers would say that Sadi had become her caretaker, a definite romance killer. From her original episode one could see how dead Sadi's eyes were and, like someone said during the Live Chat, she seemed so over it.

June and Mary have the advantage in that Mary never had to deal with that type of burden; she got the benefit of meeting and falling in love with an independent, self-sufficient woman. 

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

Maybe genetic to some degree?  Pear-shaped vs apple-shaped that you see in overweight / somewhat obese people like me (I’m a pear and have to be REALLY thin for my legs and thighs to even begin to appear a normal size).  Lupe and some of the others just don’t seem to have the huge legs to begin with.

Hee, I am totally pear shaped too as in from the waist up I am two sizes smaller than my bottom half although I could probably close that gap by getting off my butt and consistently doing my lower body exercises.😊

• Love 6

While I agree that a lot of these WATN eps are boring beyond bearing, I can't help myself:  I sit there and grin when I see success stories like these--not Pauline, of course, but I take a great deal of pleasure in seeing her fail (and I'd be available to help Dylan/Dillon murder her)--but I get this shit-eating grin and my mood is lifted and I'm so happy for them.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I love June had a bad time, and then turned it around.   I hope June and her wife are very happy together, and June continues her 'journey' to health.  

Thanks for the condolences!  I'm curious as to whether she returned to Sacramento (where I live).  The thought of encountering her out in the wilds is both terrifying and exhilarating, but I would image she doesn't get out and about much so the odds of a chance encounter are slim if she is back here 😀😥🤷‍♀️.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Wonder how Dr. Now would feel about Chad and no helmet.  
I thought Pauline was the one whose young teen son had to live with her in Houston, and called her "fatty."  Who was that?
June's doing well, but I'd think her legs would bother her more, but maybe it's just the longer recovery she wants to postpone.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Friday said:

Thanks for the condolences!  I'm curious as to whether she returned to Sacramento (where I live).  The thought of encountering her out in the wilds is both terrifying and exhilarating, but I would image she doesn't get out and about much so the odds of a chance encounter are slim if she is back here 😀😥🤷‍♀️.

Hahaha Friday you mentioning Pauline and the "wilds" is so appropo. She does indeed give off an untamed wild beast vibe. ***My apologies to all innocent wild beasts for the comparison*** 😉

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, auntjess said:

I thought Pauline was the one whose young teen son had to live with her in Houston, and called her "fatty."  Who was that?

Kirsten and Neiko?

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Wonder how Dr. Now would feel about Chad and no helmet.  
June's doing well, but I'd think her legs would bother her more, but maybe it's just the longer recovery she wants to postpone.

That would be Kirsten "The Screamer" since she seemed incapable of expressing herself without major histrionics. She was the one who left her two kids to be raised by her parents, with little or no gratitude by the way. Her son ended up stuck with her in Houston by himself which was insane, deeply resented it and ended up calling her "fatty" at one point among other things which I remember saying was very disrespectful to say to your mom even though she wasn't much of one. His name was Niko.

3 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

Kirsten and Neiko?

You beat me to it!😊

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I have posted this before but after watching that embarrassment known as Pauline I wonder how many people were passed over for the chance of life-saving/life-altering surgery so that the good doctor & staff could waste years on Pauline and her 3rd grade maturity.  You just know there is someone sitting at home watching this debacle on TV saying to themselves "I wish I had that opportunity".  Yes I know you cannot save everyone and as an Accountant I know that ratings = advertising dollars = good for TLC but it really pisses the crap out of me.  I had sleeve gastrectomy in 11/2016 and believe me I have taken FULL advantage of a second chance of a life without stupidity.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

I have posted this before but after watching that embarrassment known as Pauline I wonder how many people were passed over for the chance of life-saving/life-altering surgery so that the good doctor & staff could waste years on Pauline and her 3rd grade maturity.  You just know there is someone sitting at home watching this debacle on TV saying to themselves "I wish I had that opportunity".  Yes I know you cannot save everyone and as an Accountant I know that ratings = advertising dollars = good for TLC but it really pisses the crap out of me.  I had sleeve gastrectomy in 11/2016 and believe me I have taken FULL advantage of a second chance of a life without stupidity.

I think they have no way of knowing when the start filming if someone will do well or not, and as you say not people watch/ comment on the ones who do not do well than the successes. People say the successes are boring. So as you say they go with the money.

• Love 2
(edited)

Her facebook page says she's in Sacramento.   Her dogs are so cute!   Even when they wear costumes for pictures.     

Marissa, the daughter of Jennifer went back to a half sister's place in Stockton. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
16 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I sincerely HOPE it’s Stockton!

I thought it was the daughter of the mother/daughter duo who moved back to Stockton. (Already forgot their names and it was only a week or two ago.)

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/4/2019 at 6:03 AM, cynicat said:

It's been so long since I've seen Pauline's 'journey' that when the episode started I was thinking "why did I think Pauline was so bad?  Considering some of the people we've seen lately, I bet the bar has changed and she is tame in comparison".  Then about 2 minutes into her story I remembered.  Vile and manipulative.  

Dillon looks like a dead man walking.  He's messed up and probably needs serious therapy. 

I think Dillon probably knows how messed up his life is, but he is unable to break away.  Maybe since mom can walk now, he can get away and find some friends and take some classes and go to a gym and avoid fast food.  If not, he will be end up like his mom did.

I actually came here to post about the discussion in the life chat about Chad not wearing a helmet.   I live in an "all rider " state where everyone on a motorcycle must wear a helmet.  In Texas (home to all of my in-laws) a person 21 or over is not required to wear a helmet.    The other thing I noticed is that Chad's family did not move back to Maryland; they are living in Fort Worth.   I love to ride on the back of my nephew's motorcycle.  

Between this and Milla's show I enjoyed all the skin removal surgery.  There was a doctor and son that had a weight loss show (I think they were also in Texas) and they did full body lifts, but we don't hear much about those anymore.  Maybe they were just to hard to recuperate from?

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 3
(edited)

Dillion gain a lot more weight during his time on the show. The eating habits of these 600# parents have a long lasting effect on their children.

Edited by Showthyme
  • Love 4

When I watched this episode I really didn't remember pauline's update. But when I looked it up on Amazon it says she had 2. One with shay and one with joe. So I probably skipped them on purpose. Just miserable human beings.

• Love 2
On 7/4/2019 at 3:27 AM, Kenzie said:

She has a fish mouth to me.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 7/4/2019 at 12:01 PM, Friday said:

If I remember correctly, she lived somewhere in El Dorado County. I don't get up there much myself, so chances are I won't see her either, and that is ok by me!

• LOL 1
On 7/4/2019 at 2:01 PM, Friday said:

It would be great if someone could get Dillon alone and convince him to escape!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, peaceknit said:

If I remember correctly, she lived somewhere in El Dorado County. I don't get up there much myself, so chances are I won't see her either, and that is ok by me!

That was Sean and his mom, they lived in Cameron Park.

When June hooked up with Mary, I was prepared to scoff. They became "serious" before even meeting and got engaged so fast. And Mary's favorite thing to do was to take June out to eat. I was like, nooooo! But June took woke up, took responsibility for herself and course corrected, and Mary does not seem to be an aggressive saboter, so good for them. ...That wedding seemed kind of sad though. 

Pauline should have her Mom Card revoked.

I do wonder if Dr. Now should find a better way to converse with the patients who want too much pain medicine. When he says: "There is no reason you should be feeling the pain you are describing!!" That just makes them feel like he doesn't get it or isn't listening to them. Maybe he could say, "The discomfort you're having is very normal for being post op, and though it is challenging, you will have to adjust to it, because more pain meds would be dangerous for your health. Okay? You got dat?" 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Late but was finally able to watch this ep tonight. And I am deeply disturbed to find out Pauline, my biggest hate watch, is back in my town. I hope I never see her or Dilly in the wild.

....But if I do y’all will be the first to know.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I'm just watching this now.

I know it's horrifyingly unhealthy, but that meal that Ayeesha and Chad were making - the pasta bake with seafood - looked incredible. I spent the whole cooking scene hoping Chad wasn't planning on eating it, and he did great by only having *maybe* an ounce of the stuff. He had a thin pea soup for his meal.

Of course, now I want to cook that pasta dish.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1