Type keyword(s) to search

NeNe Leakes: "Bloop!"

• Start Topic

If she gets the Fashion Police job who knows how it will go to her head.  Gregg may be a thing of the past especially if she believes she needs a younger guy to stay relevant?

I hope she has enough coin left to have a experienced interior designer help with the house.  

Oh no, I just thought maybe Bravo will ask Nene to do a season's worth of shows showing how she decorates her new abode lol. I'd watch that!

Edited by talula

Love to see Nene make an ass out of herself with a younger man.

Could some Atlanteans help me out here? Visited there forty some years ago. The neighborhood for black bourgeoisie was Collier Heights. Is that still so?

Edited by SFoster21

Why would Greg be on the loan? As far as I know he doesn't work. Now, she definitely could have put his name on the deed but didn't for whatever reason...maybe to protect herself in case they ever split again. I don't know how all of that works.

If it's NeNe's money paying for the house, that would be one reason she didn't want his name on the deed. Most husbands would never go for that. When I was married, both of our names HAD to be on the deed, but each state's laws are different.

It speaks loud and clear (to me) where Gregg is in her life. I wonder if Phaedra did the same thing? I doubt Apollo would have agreed to that, unless she talked him into it regarding his criminal activities.

• Love 3

If it's NeNe's money paying for the house, that would be one reason she didn't want his name on the deed. Most husbands would never go for that. When I was married, both of our names HAD to be on the deed, but each state's laws are different.

It speaks loud and clear (to me) where Gregg is in her life. I wonder if Phaedra did the same thing? I doubt Apollo would have agreed to that, unless she talked him into it regarding his criminal activities.

That's interesting. I can believe some men would have a problem with it but judging by the stuff I read on other forums, a LOT of women aren't on the deed to their houses and they don't seem to give it a second thought until someone's husband cheats and threatens to leave and she has nowhere to go and no claim to anything.

I say that to say I think it's somewhat normal for the person who pays to be the one on the loan and deed unless the other spouse specifically requests that they be added (depending on the state of course). When we had our closing, they asked my husband if he wanted to do the quit claim and put me on the deed right then. We did it then but they made it seem like it was no big deal, it doesn't mean much until it does, you can always file it later, etc.

Greg may not care. He may not have even been at the closing. They may file it later. I just don't see this as a sign of anything in particular.

• Love 1

I've been a stay at home mom for 23 years and two houses. My name was never on the loans because I had no personal income and the banks would not include me. I was on both deeds. It doesn't matter at all. At least if there is a mortgage, anyway. It's the bank's property until that is paid.

I can't stand NeNe anymore. (And she used to be my favorite!) But this "Gregg isn't on the house" thing? It wouldn't make anything different if he was. Now if she paid cash? That would make a difference. Nene has a note on the house so his name being included or not, means nothing at the moment.

• Love 3

I'm assuming that it had more to do with getting a better interest rate.  

I wouldn't take anything said on that Tamara Tattles site as gospel. She once claimed that more people related to RHOA would be indicted when the whole Apollo business was going on but that never happened. We don't know a thing about Nene's credit or whether Gregg's name is on the deed. As far as her taking a loan out, I'd rather that than pay cash. If you own a home outright, it's easier to lose if you're involved in a lawsuit.

If it doesn't really mean anything, then why not add your spouse's name to the deed? The mortgage is another story. A non-qualifier can be put on the deed.  It must mean something to not have their name on there. How can you live together as spouses and not show both of you listed on the home you share? I don't buy it. It means something.

• Love 2

It meant a helluva lot to me to have my name on there when we divorced. I got my fair share of the equity in the home. Otherwise, I'd have gotten nothing without paying an attorney all the money I'd receive in order to get it. We both worked, I contributed to household expenses. He hated to have to give me the money, but it was legally mine.

• Love 7

I don't see how this is anything but a win for Nene. They get exec producer credit which likely means more money than her regular RHOA check. She stays on TV on a show with her name in the title and all she has to do is be/pretend to be (?) friends with someone who she was very close to at one time. Win-win.

• Love 5

Nene and Kim just got a spinoff show together on Bravo. Nene confirmed on her IG.

Oh wonderful - a narcissist and a woman who can't complete a sentence without inserting three F-bombs! I'll pass.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 5

Oh wonderful - a narcissist and a woman who can't complete a sentence without inserting three F-bombs! I'll pass.

I cannot conceive of them traveling across the country....in an RV perhaps?? LOL!!... and not trying to kill each other at some point. Will Sweetie come with her? Gregg? No, not interested in what will likely be watching to see who can out-one-up the other with whatever material possessions they bring along.

• Love 3

They always had fun together. Even after WWHL, they partied. I think it will be like old times.

Obviously that's what Bravo is hoping.  I suspect it will be modeled after the Oprah/Gail "See the USA in a Chevrolet" trip when they went camping (scenes of Kim and Nene wrestling with campfires, bugs and bears.  Then they will crash a wedding (every reality show), get lost in a big city, become Lucy and Ethel and end up in some rinky-dink motel with spiders in the bathroom.

Here are the scenes I want to see:  Kim visiting Kroy's family and reconciling-or going elk hunting with some sharp shooters, Nene finding out with a poor phone connection that Bryson and his various baby mamas and parole officer have moved into her McMansion, Nene filing for divorce in Nevada, Kim and Nene unable to find a bar in Utah … 

• Love 4

I don't see how this is anything but a win for Nene. They get exec producer credit which likely means more money than her regular RHOA check. She stays on TV on a show with her name in the title and all she has to do is be/pretend to be (?) friends with someone who she was very close to at one time. Win-win.

Well, then, I'm thrilled!

Nene is soooo above RHOA, I'm shocked she would lower herself to doing another show on Bravo - and with Kim no less. I don't believe for one minute that they're friends again. I do believe they both need to have a steady paycheck since they both love to spend. I knew when they were suddenly chummy that they were working an angle. I pray to the TV gods that the show fails miserably, but I know a lot of people love to watch a train wreck so...

• Love 1

Kroy's been signed to only one more year, with a 50% pay cut. Time for Kim to get out and hustle. No, they're not friends again, this is about money.

Yep.  When they were kekeying on WWHL, I knew something was up.  Good for them both.

When Nene left the session with Dr. Jeff, I thought to myself that it was a setup for her exit from RHOA.

Nene may have purchased the house alone in order to leave it to her two sons. If it were in both their names, it would then be split between the two boys as well as Greg's kids.  We have no idea what Greg's retirement situation is.  He might have a pension that is plenty for what he needs. 

As for the 'road' show with Kim, I love the idea and I'm not a Kim fan by any means.  I think they are both in good places so that they will get along well even if they aren't as close as they once were.  

• Love 1

Don't forget they were friends long before RHOA was ever a thought.  They didn't have as much as a falling out as with Cynthia so yes, they are still friends.  Cynthia burned her bridges at the reunion.  Kim and Nene just got into a catfight.

Nene is soooo above RHOA, I'm shocked she would lower herself to doing another show on Bravo - and with Kim no less.

I have no problem with the spinoff show, although I doubt I'll watch it. I just find it amusing that after all Nene's gloating about how she's an ACTRESS now, and how she's on Broadway and she's going to Hollywood, what is Nene doing? Another Bravo reality show. Maybe she should have taken her agent's advice and tried the acting classes. Or at least come down to planet Earth and be a little more humble, and stop acting like she's Halle Berry. At the end of the day, Nene Leakes is a reality star. And there's nothing wrong with that, but she needs to stop acting like the Academy Award is coming any minute.

• Love 7
(edited)

What went down with Kim and Nene wasn't merely a catfight.  We learned that it actually got physical off camera.  Moreover, I recall several interviews in which Nene said she was done with Kim and that they would never be friends again. They are not friends - they are opportunists.  Some things are indefensible, but I guess for some there is nothing Nene could do, including commit murder, that would not be defended. 

Edited by laprin
  • Love 5
(edited)

Kim is just as fine with this show as NeNe is.  They're both getting paid for their participation.  If Kim don't scream, I won't holler.  And that's not a defense of NeNe's behavior.  That's saying that NeNe's behavior damn sure didn't matter to Kim when it was laid alongside a paycheck.

Edited by SistaLadybug
  • Love 2

Don't forget they were friends long before RHOA was ever a thought.  They didn't have as much as a falling out as with Cynthia so yes, they are still friends.  Cynthia burned her bridges at the reunion.  Kim and Nene just got into a catfight.

It was much more than a catfight. Nene was not invited to Kim's wedding. 

I have no problem with the spinoff show, although I doubt I'll watch it. I just find it amusing that after all Nene's gloating about how she's an ACTRESS now, and how she's on Broadway and she's going to Hollywood, what is Nene doing? Another Bravo reality show. Maybe she should have taken her agent's advice and tried the acting classes. Or at least come down to planet Earth and be a little more humble, and stop acting like she's Halle Berry. At the end of the day, Nene Leakes is a reality star. And there's nothing wrong with that, but she needs to stop acting like the Academy Award is coming any minute.

She better keep working, she has a 2.9 million house with a hefty mortgage to pay for. Hollywood is not knocking her door down. Reality TV is it for her with an occasional guest role in some schlocky sitcom. 

• Love 5

It was much more than a catfight. Nene was not invited to Kim's wedding.

but they made up and Kim came to Nene's wedding.  Nene explained the difference between Kim and Cynthia on WWHL.  She said that with Kim, They were close but not actually very best friends, talking all the time and practically living at each other's house where that was how it was with Cynthia.  Nene even stuck by Cynthia when Nene's childhood bestie warned her against being friends with Cynthia.  It was how she was blindsided by Cynthia that made that relationship unrepairable.  Kim and Nene, however have  been though several fights and made up eventually; just needed cooling off for a bit. So, it was much easier for them to get back to being friends than with Cynthia.  After all, there was no sneaky blindsided crap happening with Kim, they just fought and got over it.

Although both Kim and Cynthia had close relationships with Nene, only Kim is an Alpha who can create a level playing field with Alpha Nene. Game recognizes game, and they were able to build something new to benefit them both. However much Cynthia enjoyed her relationship with Nene, she was subservient in that relationship, so I think it's harder to rebuild without her picking up that loser role with Nene.

• Love 4

No, she didn't quit. She received the least amount of votes (and I think there were only 5 or 6 couples left - so she made it pretty far). I just think people expect her to be more humble and so when she reacts the way we know Nene is going to react, that doesn't sit right with folks. When she was making her exit speech, she forgot to thank her partner and people were not happy about that. 

• Love 1

I didn't/don't watch DWTS, and I keep seeing Nene's behavior on the show being brought up - anyone care to expand on what she was like? Did she quit because of negative reactions from judges? Thanks!

She was nasty to everyone, didn't rehearse, complained endlessly that the competition was unfair because two of the "stars" were Olympic skaters. Since she was taller than her partner, she was in flat heels or barefoot for many of her dances and she was done up in a variety of spangled, fringy, wildly colorful ensembles that made her look like Big Bird or worse. Since she was under-rehearsed, she compensated by shaking her hips unnecessarily. She had a constant bitchface when others did well and never applauded anyone else. In other words, loud, arrogant, untalented and unattractive. The girl we all know.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 10

She was nasty to everyone, didn't rehearse, complained endlessly that the competition was unfair because two of the "stars" were Olympic skaters. Since she was taller than her partner, she was in flat heels or barefoot for many of her dances and she was done up in a variety of spangled, fringy, wildly colorful ensembles that made her look like Big Bird or worse. Since she was under-rehearsed, she compensated by shaking her hips unnecessarily. She had a constant bitchface when others did well and never applauded anyone else. In other words, loud, arrogant, untalented and unattractive. The girl we all know.

Sadly, she picked those terrible outfits.

When NeNe complained that she'd need to speak to the owner about having her picture on the wall, all I could think of was this episode of Frasier... you can skip to the 5:45 mark to see the unveiling.

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=D8QEEMv_bYg

Cook, you aren't right girl...  Does Sardi's still put caricatures on their wall?  Those pictures look like Hirschfield drawings and he has been dead for awhile.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 2