Type keyword(s) to search

NeNe Leakes: "Bloop!"

• Start Topic

With any luck the topic of the one-on-one will be Nene's exit from the show, a la Jill Zarin's andyview. But sadly I think this one-on-one will only serve to elevate Nene's ego further into the stratosphere of delusion.

• Love 1

"Leakes is expected to bring her bold and vivacious personality to the role of the show’s host and emcee, the “Mistress of Sensuality,” during her 10-show run. In true Cirque du Soleil fashion, Leakes will be fully immersed in the world of Cirque with extravagant, custom made costumes and dramatically designed make-up."From best of vegas.com

• I'm no longer confused mrs leakes is turning down acting scripts for TV,film and Broadway, so she can sign on for a Las Vegas show,which is the closest thing she can get to stripping and still keep on some of her clothes.This makes sense as to why she turned down million dollar scripts. No one offered her what she wanted to do to elevate her, use her raw talent  or take her  in the direction she wants to go it also explains why she does not feel the need to take acting classes. And we all thought she wanted to act,when all she wanted  to do was get back to what she  knows stripping (excuse me exotic dancing), except instead of tips she will get a paycheck withholding taxes
  •  
  • "Some may be wondering if the reality TV star will go nude for the sinful show. She is not expected to take off her clothes during the production. But if she has to dance, Leakes should have no problem in that department. As a former exotic dancer and current ball-room-dancer in training, she is more than qualified to perform a sensual dance number or two." another quote from Best of vegas.com  
  • Kromm does this answer your question?
Edited by coloradoqt
  • Love 1

I don't like Nene but I don't hate her.  I don't get glee out of people not doing well, especially if they haven't done anything to me personally.  Nene has a big ego, so what?  So do a lot of people.  Nene needs humility, so do most people in show business.  So what, Nene was a stripper?  I don't get why that's such a "Big Deal," lots of women strip, it beats selling drugs or knocking someone in the head and stealing their purse.  Actually, I don't have any feelings for Nene, I don't adore or nor do I hate her.  She's just a non factor on a silly reality show that I like watching. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5

NeNe is no longer the fun-loving person she used to be years ago, She has a condescending attitude towards everyone else. When asked about  leaving the RHOA she replied that she didn't like the negativity, well she needs to look in the mirror at her sourpuss face. She thinks she's a Diva and above everyone else. She is so nasty to Andy but Andy is afraid of her and losing his paycheck from her appearances. She's a temporary pimple on the face of stardom  as many of them are! I used to like her until her attitude got int he way.

• Love 5
(edited)

These articles failing to mention their source is usually a red flag for me that it's all bullshit, but s2s is a reputable online magazine so I believe it. I doubt she's going anywhere despite the salary cut. Plus, what drama does she have that she thinks she deserves more money? The drama with Cynthia and Kandi is small and the Porsha/Kenya situation shouldn't have anything to do with Nene (other than strong speculation that Nene put Porsha up to starting something). None of the interesting drama is any of her business. She's just mad that her only "friends" are a chick that wouldn't even tell her when she moved into Nene's neighborhood and a sworn enemy since season 2.

Edited by WimminWinning

Yeah, watching Greg dust and NeNe open her wedding gifts -- for a second wedding to the same man, tacky -- isn't interesting. It's not even snark-worthy in my book. She had a brief shining moment on TV in a short-lived series and now thinks she's got the world by the tail. Uh, no honey, you've only got a lot of ass and you're showing it. :)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I doubt she's going anywhere despite the salary cut. Plus, what drama does she have that she thinks she deserves more money? 

I honestly don't really see her getting (m)any more jobs. Her "career" was like a holiday sparkler, bright enough to distract but not hot enough to maintain anything real. If she is still in such a big head mode that she will quit over getting paid less, then she is even stupider than I think she is. Gregg has no job. NeNe will have no job. She's already done DWTS, what's next? Rachel and Guy's Celebrity Cook off? Not that many opportunities for fading never quite been big stars. 

As far as storyline, she's already used up the marriage/divorce one, Brentt seems average to dull (not a bad thing, better a dull 13 year old than a wild ass one) as far as drama goes and Gregg is a bump on a log. Even the season prior to this one really only showed her moving into a LA house, taking the ladies on a back lot tour, and I can't really remember what else. So she hasn't really had a story for the last two years. Now if she is willing to get down and dirty and be a villain, then maybe she can amp her coins back up. I just don't see how fakety fake, above it all NeNe will be able to keep fans, and more importantly, producers, interested enough to keep paying. 

She better get it together...although I wouldn't be disappointed if she doesn't. Get ta steppin! /Martin voice

(edited)

Oh god, I love this!!! Salary cut in half, ratings showing her scenes with Gregg weren't interesting, and Kandi's wedding scoring higher ratings than NeNe's. I feel like it's Christmas in July!

http://s2smagazine.com/2014/07/02/nene-leakes-leaving-rhoa-after-salary-cut/

In my head I had this great scene the other night (that would never happen) where Andy/the producers bring her in for a meeting. All they want to do is help her, give her some tips, tone it down, etc...

Before they even start, Nene's HUGE ego thinks she's on her way out, so she goes off on the defensive, completely, while everyone in the room stares at her, puzzled, but a shift happens.

"Nene, you misunderstood, we weren't all here to tell you that you've been let go, but you've proven sadly to all of us now and in the past that you are not very easy to work with or deal with. This was an unexpected decision, but the final straw- we must let you go."

Then Andy gets up to leave, walks slowly over to her on his way out, her now sitting there in a daze, trying to process what happened, and plants a single digit on her nose, softly, and whispers, "...bloop".

Edited by Souvlaki
  • Love 8

Love it, Souvlaki! I'm glad I'm not the only one who plays out little scenes in her head. I could totally see NeNe going off, completely unprovoked, just being a haughty ass. What a lovely comeuppance!

Bloop.

• Love 3

Well that's not going to happen.  She has also been invited back and celebrated Andy's 5 year anniversary with him last Sunday.  Her clothing line comes out tomorrow, I believe, and she just completed a successful stint in vegas so she's good.

The first time I ever saw NeNe at the airport, standing in the TSA security line at ATL, she was wearing a white tank top with skin tight jeans. There were enough rolls there to feed a bunch of kids in a third world country. :)

• Love 3

Caught a bit of NeNe on Home Shopping Network last night for her premiere. Trust me, I didn't seek it out. My daughter was on the guide and I happened to see it listed. Lots of pillowcases with arm and head punch outs. Standard NeNe tunic type big drapey cover up my belly  type of shirts. I honestly thought that look was out of style. Anyway, they were selling well, and a good number of items sold out according to the host. I did see NeNe take a call from a viewer/purchaser and she was very reserved and restrained in the way she spoke. 

And I think I read that NeNe is going to have a line at Kmart? Is that right?

I think Nene's deal with Kmart and Sears involves their  online personal shopper program, where personal shoppers suggests items to buyers registered with the website.  The personal shoppers then receive a commission if their suggestions result in sales.  I don't think they have a deal to sell her clothes in their stores but perhaps through the website in the future.  Both Kmart and Sears have cut hundreds of stores in the past couple of years alone.

And I hope the trend of people putting their names on clothes and calling themselves designers stop.  As we saw with Nene, other people did the planning, sketching and designing  and she just told them what she did or did not like.

Edited by SpringTulips

I can't believe Nene actually took a part that is normally played by a drag queen.

I wonder why Nene has stayed with the short bob all these years. IMO, it looks more proportionate for a bigger gal to have bigger or longer hair.

• Love 1

I have to admit, you have to be impressed with Nene's gamesmanship.  She got a major role in a broadway musical while her former foes are watching their husbands go to jail or crying about houses that will never be completed.  She actually would be a good mentor for Porsha, as she never seems down for long.  It does not necessarily mean I like her, but she does have gumption.

I don't like her and I wouldn't spend a cent to watch her on a stage or anywhere else. She can't disappear fast enough for me. This stunt casting will end in time and so will she.

I just came on here, after I read this in my news feed....http://www.broadway.com/buzz/175827/cinderella-to-shutter-on-broadway-nene-leakes-will-join-final-cast/

She will be the last wicked stepmother...and only for two months - she starts on November 25 and the show will close on January 3, 2015.  God help the rest of those Atlanta housewives - there will be no comeuppance for NeNe!!  NeNe's now a Broadway star, bitches (as she would say!!) !     :-)

• Love 1

I don't like her and I wouldn't spend a cent to watch her on a stage or anywhere else. She can't disappear fast enough for me. This stunt casting will end in time and so will she.

I agree.  And honestly, I'm not sure that Broadway is what it used to be.  It sounds like they are casting her in a relatively small role that is in line with her personality so they can actually get attendance during the holiday season.

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 1

And we'll watch her say...while she's taking a break from rejecting her million dollar film and TV roles she found her true passion...Broadway!

And when thats over, she just really wanted to stay home and be a grandmother!  Thats her true calling.

ETA: oh, my mistake "glammother" [insert eyeroll here]

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 4

I agree.  And honestly, I'm not sure that Broadway is what it used to be.

IF Nene is cast you are right...it is not.  In the 1990s I had a friend on Broadway so I got a lot of tickets.  I met lots of talented people with artistic education and background.   Unlike Nene, They read scripts and took acting classes! 

Anyway it seems this is a show on its last leg, ending in a few months.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 1

Yes, they do. Stunt casting. Nene's role is going to be done by that idiot Sherry from The View.

Nene then steps in. And the role is for a noisy, stupid woman, so type casting!

Anyway, wait and see. It might not happen. Nene strikes me as essentially lazy so the grind of eight shows a week... Plus, this is an unflattering role. She won't be playing the feisty coach or the interesting pal or the cool emcee. She'll be the vicious mother of grown daughters, who exists mainly to be bested by Cinderella. Don't see her lasting, even for a few weeks. Be surprised if she even opens.

Because, you know, she's too busy to read the script until she's forced to.

• Love 2