Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E26 Milla LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Episodes happen in episode time.  LIVE CHATS happen in episode time.  Do not spoil the LIVE CHATS with any external info. Let's enjoy the ride together. 

• Start Topic

Just now, materialgirl101 said:

But the scar is vertical.. aren’t skin removal scars on the torso usually horizontal?

Admittedly I’m not watching closely. Maybe that’s why she doesn’t stand straight if it’s an old spinal (herniation?) surgery?

• Useful 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Things happen with Dr.s, the Dr. may have had a death in the family or been ill.

I understand things happen but these things are scheduled weeks and months in advance. People take time off from work, travel, upend their lives. I had a plumbing crisis and had to cancel an eye doctor appointment last week. I got a "no show" bill for $50. I bet Milla wasn't compensated in any way for her time and effort. She held up her end.

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, sagittarius sue said:

I think Milla's going to have trouble once she's home permanently, and those meals she fixes.

Yes, I hope those goopy cheese-laden trays were just "party food" and not family fare...hard to maintain eating that stuff every day, and she's done so well.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Wanda said:

Admittedly I’m not watching closely. Maybe that’s why she doesn’t stand straight if it’s an old spinal (herniation?) surgery?

I think she cannot stand straight because of shortened tendons from being in bed and not being able to straighten her knees due to the osteoarthritis 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I understand things happen but these things are scheduled weeks and months in advance. People take time off from work, travel, upend their lives. I had a plumbing crisis and had to cancel an eye doctor appointment last week. I got a "no show" bill for $50. I would have been mad. Justifiably.  

I noticed just this week when I got the robo appointment confirmation call that one had to cancel 24 hours in advance in order to escape a charge.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Stusan said:

Love the space suits. I wonder why all the extra precaution?

With the drilling and sawing - did you see splatters of blood on the head gear - there is risk of getting blood on you.  Getting someone's blood - and that patient could be infected with HIV, hepatitis B or C, or a whole host of other things - in your eyes exposes you to infection.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Stusan said:

Love the space suits

Bringing it back to the 70's again... anyone remember those Space Food Sticks? Supposedly the astronauts ate them. My mom didn't buy sweets but those were considered "healthy" and they tasted like a candy bar.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I think Milla's going to have trouble once she's home permanently, and those meals she fixes.

I thought that at first too, but then realized she was cooking for a big party.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I realize there’s a shit ton of shitty things people can manage to do to themselves of their own volition, but holy bejesus, she did all this to herself. Knees that don’t straighten. Tendons that don’t move. Not to mention the mishap pen skin and fat deposits. Just so misshapen. 

• Love 2

Here is Dr. Now talking to her that it will be a tough recovery - mentioning the shortened tendons too.  Now that she has gotten over her fear of pain once before - hope she can do it again.  Good luck, Milla!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

My mom didn't buy sweets but those were considered "healthy" and they tasted like a candy bar.

A really gross, stale candy bar. I think there's a reason why they're gone now.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Stusan said:

Love the space suits. I wonder why all the extra precaution?

Orthopedic surgery is brutal. The saws send bits of bone and other stuff flying through the air. All the tools, it looks more like carpentry!

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Bringing it back to the 70's again... anyone remember those Space Food Sticks? Supposedly the astronauts ate them. My mom didn't buy sweets but those were considered "healthy" and they tasted like a candy bar.

Actuallly they were around in the 60s.  I recall them as being crummy.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

I realize there’s a shit ton of shitty things people can manage to do to themselves of their own volition, but holy bejesus, she did all this to herself. Knees that don’t straighten. Tendons that don’t move. Not to mention the mishap pen skin and fat deposits. Just so misshapen. 

At least she's actually making an effort to change. Unlike some we could mention.

• Love 5
Just now, Uuuugghh said:

Three Giant suitcases?

I thought the same thing. I pack light.

I do really like the look, though! I'm always on the lookout for cool luggage.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

I'm a kid of the 60's...we had Tang"  powdered orange drink. Most of us ate it straight from the jar with a spoon!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
Just now, Wanda said:

I’m worried that there’s still an hour left

It better end with her doing something impressive, like hiking the entire Appalachian trail or going up Mt. Rainier or something. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
Just now, Armchair Critic said:

When you're 5 you take any type of candy you can get. Also the Carnation Breakfast Bars.

OMG - I LOVED those and was so pissed when they made them chewy.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Wanda said:

I’m worried that there’s still an hour left

Kind of like Unchained Melody. "The time goes by so slowly, and time can do so much......".

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Stusan said:

I thought the same thing. I pack light.

But she is moving down for quite a long time.  I can pack for three weeks in a carry-on (when I went to help my MOm after her knee replacement), but when I were studying abroad for two months - I packed two big suitcases. 

I am absolutely amazed tnat this woman lost almost 600 pounds.  God I hope that with this new surgery she walks normally again.  She and her children deserve that after so much struggle.

• Love 10

Actually, if you look closely, the grippy socks have grippy stuff on the top, and bottom of the sock.     It's not easy to see, but they must be a special hospital sock, not like the ones you buy for regular use.  

I would like to thank Milla, hunky transfer guys, and hunky PT guy.   

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

It better end with her doing something impressive, like hiking the entire Appalachian trail or going up Mt. Rainier or something. 

Or slapping the State Farm "Don't Mess with my Discount" Lady.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2