Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E26 Milla LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Episodes happen in episode time.  LIVE CHATS happen in episode time.  Do not spoil the LIVE CHATS with any external info. Let's enjoy the ride together. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
10 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

As well as running after trucks spraying for mosquitoes.

Swimming in the Cuyahoga River before they set it on fire.....

Edited by Julyolo
Misspell
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

It took her a while to get going, but she is going strong now!  She is so close to her goal weight, I would hate for her to get derailed now.  *fingers crossed*  I like seeing success, especially meaningful achievements - maybe we will see her taking her kids to the zoo, and going to their games and cheering on the sidelines, and to picnics and long walks in the parks...  there is so much of life she has missed out on, she has a lot of catching up to do!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Carboncat said:

No kidding!  He's so much tougher on 175lb Milla than so many other backsliding, clueless 350lb pounticipants.  Maybe he feels she needs more forceful motivation.  Down to 150!  What a weight loss success.  Pleased for her, but not much snark tonight.

He was like this with Diana also. He cut Milla a lot of slack previously. Removing lymphodemas when she didn’t lose the weight, doing a major skin removal when she refused to stand. He’s finally cracking down on her because he can

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Carboncat said:

No kidding!  He's so much tougher on 175lb Milla than so many other backsliding, clueless 350lb pounticipants.  Maybe he feels she needs more forceful motivation.  Down to 150!  What a weight loss success.  Pleased for her, but not much snark tonight.

I think he really wants his patients to succeed.  He has certainly invested his time and energy into her recovery.  I think he probably likes her, despite her setbacks

• Love 4

While this is not an "entertaining" episode in the Angie J/Pauline/Penny kind of way, Milla is a BOSS. And a nice person. And while there's not a lot of action, it's still not a boring show like a lot of the episodes from this past season featuring people I will have to google next year to remind me of who they are before their follow up shows air.

2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

My sound and picture keep going out for a second. Right now I can hear but the screen was black for several seconds.

Yesterday, I turned on my guilty pleasure, The Pioneer Woman, and was entertained by video from Naked and Afraid with ReeRee babbling in the background about one of her random recipes.

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

BTW, I think that the Nissan Kicks guy is kinda cute. Oh to be just a few decades younger! 😇

I had to google that...I've seen that commercial a million times but I didn't know what car it was actually for. And I agree, he's cute.

3 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

We bought little skis for my brother and his walker, because he only used it outside. Fortunately, he quickly moved to various canes and walking sticks.

My Mom didn't add anything, and she has been told to use it for six weeks, way longer than usual, because of soft bone.   She did get a walker basket since she lives alone (I was able to stay with her for three weeks but she has been on her own for two now)

1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Are her legs still bent because of the problems with her tendons? I hope she keeps working hard so they don't end up permanently bent. Or is that even possible?

Depends.  The surgeon did say they were able to achieve 120-something flexion but she didn't give straightening number... and that's at least as tough to get and just as important. 

1 minute ago, Wanda said:

He was like this with Diana also. He cut Milla a lot of slack previously. Removing lymphodemas when she didn’t lose the weight, doing a major skin removal when she refused to stand. He’s finally cracking down on her because he can

I think he has enough experience to know who can be pushed how far... and at what point in their lives.  The outcomes are always better when you push harder but if the patient just gives up, you get nothing... 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Hellga said:

And she is walking nearly normally with that walker!  I hope she can ditch it in another couple weeks.

And she stands nearly  completely straight!

She probably doesn't need the walker, might be psychological support for her.  She can rock that walker when she wants to!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

OMG

Milla: "My arms are gonna look normal."

Dr Now: "Well, they're gonna look better."

At least Dr Now has some self awareness of how shitty his cosmetic surgery technique is and can set Milla's expectations appropriately low.

14 minutes ago, Azubah said:

It's amazing we're all still alive. Must be all the preservatives.

Could be! My daughter rarely gets sick, I always have said she is immune to germs because she was raised with a messy house. 😂Meanwhile my sister-in-law who was picky about everything her kids were constantly sick.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Stay away from a person who calls himself Skinz Jr.

Sue, you are the best! She could always get Immigration to do a Skinz removal!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

At least Dr Now has some self awareness of how shitty his cosmetic surgery technique is and can set Milla's expectations appropriately low.

Zsalynn went to a different surgeon for that and I always thought that was smart.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

OMG

Milla: "My arms are gonna look normal."

Dr Now: "Well, they're gonna look better."

But at least TLC probably pays for it.  Plastic surgery can be WAY expensive otherwise.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

Dr. Now could be a regular Jamie Gumm (Silence of the Lambs) with all the excess skin. That was why Jamie Gumm hunted plump girls...

Edited by Stusan
Plumb and plump are different
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Could be! My daughter rarely gets sick, I always have said she is immune to germs because she was raised with a messy house. 😂Meanwhile my sister-in-law who was picky about everything her kids were constantly sick.

It's very important for a developing immune system to be exposed to a lot of different things.   Let your kids play in the mud and run in the park and eat from the dog bowl... within reason.  Though I spent my summers on the farm, eating vegetables out of the ground, just swished in the rain barrel or wiped on my skirt, and playing with goats, and sheep, and pigs, and cats, and rabbits, and picking wild berries and mushrooms.  The first thing my parents did when I came back to the city was feed me a deworming pill. 🙂   I have never had an ear infection, hardly ever got sick, and had few allergies. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, Hellga said:

It took her a while to get going, but she is going strong now!  She is so close to her goal weight, I would hate for her to get derailed now.  *fingers crossed*  I like seeing success, especially meaningful achievements - maybe we will see her taking her kids to the zoo, and going to their games and cheering on the sidelines, and to picnics and long walks in the parks...  there is so much of life she has missed out on, she has a lot of catching up to do!

It would be really nice if she could TAKE her kids to outings or activities.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Azubah said:

Jeez, he's spreading out the skin like he's going to make lampshades.

I thought the same thing.  Have to finally stop watching all those Nazi shows.

3 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I think weighing the excess skin is Dr. Now's favorite post-op activity.

Fondling the removed stomachs seems to make him giddy!

• LOL 13
1 minute ago, fonfereksglen said:
4 minutes ago, Azubah said:

Jeez, he's spreading out the skin like he's going to make lampshades.

I thought the same thing.  Have to finally stop watching all those Nazi shows.

Or reading about Ed Gein.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

It's very important for a developing immune system to be exposed to a lot of different things.   Let your kids play in the mud and run in the park and eat from the dog bowl... within reason.  Though I spent my summers on the farm, eating vegetables out of the ground, just swished in the rain barrel or wiped on my skirt, and playing with goats, and sheep, and pigs, and cats, and rabbits, and picking wild berries and mushrooms.  The first thing my parents did when I came back to the city was feed me a deworming pill. 🙂   I have never had an ear infection, hardly ever got sick, and had few allergies. 

Yes eating tomatoes and cucumbers straight from the garden  is delicious.😁

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Aww c'mon Dr. Now, throw in a boob lift too! 😊

If he performs a boob lift with the same attention to detail as the rest of his surgeries, hard pass.  It's surprising how unskilled he is at stitching.  Still love him, dis munt and every munt.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
Just now, Hellga said:

Is anyone watching the Smothered show?  Just the commercials irritate me to the point of wanting to throw something heavy at my poor innocent TV set.

Nope like you I can't even stand the commercials.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Is anyone watching the Smothered show?  Just the commercials irritate me to the point of wanting to throw something heavy at my poor innocent TV set.

It should have been considered child abuse long ago. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4