Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E26 Milla LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Episodes happen in episode time.  LIVE CHATS happen in episode time.  Do not spoil the LIVE CHATS with any external info. Let's enjoy the ride together. 

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Hellga said:

I don't think she can stand without leaning on something, so a regular scale will show false low weight because part of it will be on her arms, whatever she is leaning on.

That scale is set up to take the handlebars into account.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Dianaofthehunt said:

Are those compression wraps on her upper arms? If so, I'm assuming she has lymphodema there, and the wraps are doing their thing.

After they just showed her arm, I'm thinking the sleeves are just to keep them from flapping all over the place. That has to be uncomfortable.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

She managed to get tarped all over God's creation when she wanted to go anywhere else so yeah I'm still just a little bitter about that.

HA! I'd forgotten about her being tarped everywhere!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Armchair Critic said:

My favorite and I prefer making them at home so I can put as much ice cream in as I can fit.

I like them with chocolate ice cream. Or vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I will say Milla looks wonderful.

That said, I really hope they come up with something more compelling that a knee replacement surgery.

Maybe we'll get a lot of howling and screaming from her since I've seen folks recovering from knee replacement surgery and it wasn't pretty. If she thought she had pain before..... Surprised she's getting both knees done at the same time; usually they just do one at a time.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

We need an update on James K, even if it is just two hours of watching him lay in his own filth.  That episode gave us the best comments and greatest snarkfest ever.

Yes I admit I love his episodes, even though I can't stand him

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I really don't like the lemon snaps nearly as much as I liked the lemon thins that Nabisco used to make.  At least lime sherbet tastes like I remember it from my childhood.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Maybe we'll get a lot of howling and screaming from her since I've seen folks recovering from knee replacement surgery and it wasn't pretty. If she thought she had pain before..... Surprised she's getting both knees done at the same time; usually they just do one at a time.

They usually do one at a time because most people are active, and have lives. Since she's a stay-at-homer, it's just as well to do both at the same time.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
Just now, DC Gal in VA said:

It not unusual anymore because of the improved surgical and therapy techniques.  And it is only one trip to rehab.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Hey aliya. What I can't get over with her is that I believe she didn't attend her husband's funeral after he literally worked himself into the grave taking care of her. She managed to get tarped all over God's creation when she wanted to go anywhere else so yeah I'm still just a little bitter about that.

I didn't know that. Why didn't she go, even in a wheelchair? Some people can't handle the funeral of someone so close to them, so I'll reserve any comments until I know why she didn't go.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Her face looks good, though! So many of the folks who get this surgery look haggard and drawn after a lot of weight loss. She looks good, especially when she smiles

She does have some good bone structure 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Uuuugghh said:

I’m confused; were there other physical issues as to why she still can’t walk?

Muscle atrophy and joint issues.  Plus a lot of psychological ones - and human mind is a powerful thing, both in terms of placebo effect and nocebo effect.  I have been reading up on pain catastrophizing - that's a fairly recent concept in mainstream pain management - how you react to pain has a huge impact on long-term outcomes.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

It fixing to storm here again. We had a storm come through Friday and did a lot of damage. I didn't have electricity for 10 hours and some people were out for 3 days.

4 minutes ago, Uuuugghh said:

Also her tendons shortened (it was mentioned on a prior update).  It makes it hard to stand up straight.  The PT explained that as one reason it took so long to get her standing initially.  She couldn't straighten up.  And she has arthritis in her knees that is bad enough to qualify for surgery, so she is likely bone on bone. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

She was rather happy to fly for the first time.  Good for her.  Hope all her progress and the new experiences will help her stay on track as she returns back to her usual environment and temptations.

• Love 4
Just now, DC Gal in VA said:

With doing both knees it looks like she might "need" a wheelchair..... bad idea for this patient!  Hope she powers past the pain and walks more successfully.  Her kids seem to really love her, as creepy was all the tarping and bed-bath washing.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

How y'all doing? My eating habit has been terrible today. I had a double cheeseburger with tots and a cherry limeade at Sonic for lunch. So for dinner I had a salad and an adult beverage.

Live your best life! Sounds like a fun day. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, cmpbl said:

It fixing to storm here again. We had a storm come through Friday and did a lot of damage. I didn't have electricity for 10 hours and some people were out for 3 days.

It finally stopped raining here. Now it's hot (90 on my way home, according to my car).

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Muscle atrophy and joint issues.  Plus a lot of psychological ones - and human mind is a powerful thing, both in terms of placebo effect and nocebo effect.  I have been reading up on pain catastrophizing - that's a fairly recent concept in mainstream pain management - how you react to pain has a huge impact on long-term outcomes.

True. Depression and anxiety can cause one to feel lots of different kinds of pain and convince themselves they are disabled. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Uuuugghh said:

Dr. Now mentioned osteoarthritis in both knees...... 

‘was it just me or did Dr. Now repeat himself multiple times about her still needing to work hard and how he’s proud of her?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Hellga said:

"nocebo" Thanks for the new word. 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

She has lost so much weight on her upper body and still has some on her lower body.  If you only see the top, she is gaunt. 

It's not fair she doesn't have a gobbleneck and I do!

• LOL 5