Type keyword(s) to search

Season 21 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

They're talking about Jack's real name being John. Christie thinks he seems more like a John. According to Sis, his mom wanted to name him John but his dad wanted to name him Jack so his dad just always called him Jack lol.

I'm guessing that most of these kids don't know that Jack is an extremely common nickname for John (probably never heard anyone say Jack Kennedy). My cat was named Jack in the shelter, but I use "John" when he's been bad. Which he ignores. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

You know what, never mind, I don't think I need to know what Holly's watermelon salad is anymore.

Is that cheese? I'm undecided on whether that's mint or green onion but I'm hoping to hell it's not the green onion option. Hork.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Mystery said:

I'm guessing that most of these kids don't know that Jack is an extremely common nickname for John (probably never heard anyone say Jack Kennedy)

I would lose my mind in there. Seriously.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
Just now, Callaphera said:

Is that cheese? I'm undecided on whether that's mint or green onion but I'm hoping to hell it's not the green onion option. Hork.

My first thought was mozzarella and green onion. I can't.

She just said that she normally makes it with feta and mint.

• Love 2
Just now, peachmangosteen said:

That is definitely not feta. 

THAT IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE SUBSTITUTION, HOLLY. WHAT THE FUCK.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

And so we're substituting "ingredients that are the same color," maybe. 

• LOL 7

I just watched Kemi on RHAP. She did a great job on the commentary and her views on their current season. She’s over Bella and likes Sam. She was closest with Nicole and thinks Jess needs to go because she doesn’t think people shouldn’t play the game if they aren’t gonna include her. LOL!!!!

• Love 7

I've always been of the opinion that the only salad that fruit belongs in is a fruit salad. Don't want strawberries or apples or anything sweet in with the vegetables. Obviously, tomato, which is a fruit, is the only exception and does not belong in a fruit salad. So, Holly's salad whether or not it has the correct ingredients would be a big "nope!" for me.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 11

So now Christie is pitching to Tommy to get Jackson to put up Nicole beside her to get Nick to choose a side.

Please tell me Jackson isn't falling for this crap.

Edited by vb68
  • LOL 5
5 minutes ago, vb68 said:

So now Christie is pitching to Tommy to get Jackson to put up Nicole beside her to get Nick to choose a side.

Please tell me Jackson isn't falling for this.

I don’t think so. He really wants Christie out. But he’s probably filing that Nick info for next time. 

After all, it’s time to play chess,  not checkers. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, vb68 said:

And Jackson likes to gamble.

9 minutes ago, PhoneCop said:

After all, he's a man who'd rather die on his feet than live on his knees.

Robotic man voice:  Thanks for pushing Jackson’s robotic phrase buttons #4 & #5!

Still laughing about this 5 mins later:

2E8F8D30-0178-435B-975B-AD8486DF2A2F.jpeg

• LOL 24
59 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

You know what, never mind, I don't think I need to know what Holly's watermelon salad is anymore.

ECTOIW7XUAAifG3?format=jpg&name=large

Could she have made a tropical salad and that is shredded coconut?  It definitely doesn’t look like it, it looks like cheese, but I’m choosing to pretend it’s a tropical salad so that I can sleep tonight 

• LOL 9
3 minutes ago, Rbonnie said:

Could she have made a tropical salad and that is shredded coconut?  It definitely doesn’t look like it, it looks like cheese, but I’m choosing to pretend it’s a tropical salad so that I can sleep tonight 

The husband optimistically offered that, "Those could be noodles. You know, like Mr. Noodle noodles?"
Me: "In what world does that make sense?"
The husband: "Makes more sense than mozza!"

I was gonna concede the point. But then I remembered that he eats his apple pie without cheddar cheese so. 

• LOL 3
17 hours ago, mertensia said:

I'm actually honestly surprised she isn't an astrology buff who sits around analyzing everything according to their star signs and ascendant signs and whatnot. "I can't go on the block today! The moon isn't in the 7th house! Mars isn't aligning with Jupiter!"

Even though it's on eternally as reruns, I'm not surprised Analyse hasn't seen Friends. Many of my co-workers are roughly her age and anything before about 2012 is ancient history.

She might not be into sitcoms.  I mean probably not but still, there are plenty of modern day sitcoms I have never watched.  I never saw any of Two and Half Men, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, Blackish...just to name a few.

But if you were to put episodes of the Jeffersons, All In the Family, Sanford and Son, or Car Fifty Four Where Are You, on I would sit there for hours highly entertained.

Also, I was never a fan of Friends.  Not sure why but I just never found it funny.

13 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Jess also said this to Christie last night:

So I think it's safe to say that Jess is faking being nice to Nicole because she hates her for...telling her the truth when nobody else would?

Fuck Jessica.

I hate it when people say something like, "That's my truth" or some such nonsense.  The truth is the truth there are no grey areas and that is my truth.  

2 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

I was a Jordan fan her first season, and thought she was smarter than she came across, at least when it came to the social game. One of my favorite times watching the feeds was when she told Ronnie all the truth when his game was blown up, which really helped her game. She was calm, had all the facts, and it was brutal and awesome. I was her biggest fan until the end that season because of it.

Her second season, she sucked.

Same here, I was not a fan of Jordan during her second season.  Same goes with Rachel.  I loved Rachel during her first season, despised her during her winning season and during her TAR seasons.  But I did not mind her on her last season of TAR.  I thought Elissa (sp?) was a good calming presence for her.

1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

In BB13 the couple I 'shipped was Daniele and Dominic because I thought Dominic was exactly the kind of nice, grounded person Daniele needed considering her dad is Evel Dick. I was really surprised to find out that they later actually got married and now have a kid. 

I always remember that Dominic's first comment about Daniele was something along the lines of, "Evel Dick decided to bring a witch along with him."  Or something like that.  Now he is married to that witch.  

1 hour ago, Mystery said:

I'm guessing that most of these kids don't know that Jack is an extremely common nickname for John (probably never heard anyone say Jack Kennedy). My cat was named Jack in the shelter, but I use "John" when he's been bad. Which he ignores. 

You know I never understood the Kennedy nicknames.  JFK was the only John I have ever heard called Jack and so it used to always throw me off.  I will never understand how Ted is short for Edward.  Every Edward I know was called Ed or Eddie.  

• Love 5

Please dont let this convo with Nick change Miches mind. I cant stand the thought of Nick having any influence over this decision.

Holly, please dont talk to this creep or give him any information.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

You know I never understood the Kennedy nicknames.  JFK was the only John I have ever heard called Jack and so it used to always throw me off.  I will never understand how Ted is short for Edward.  Every Edward I know was called Ed or Eddie.  

Maybe it's a New England thing. Both were fairly common where I grew up in Massachusetts. Though of course the Kennedys could have started that! I believe that Jack Nicholson and Jack Lemmon are both Johns. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

Every Edward I know was called Ed or Eddie.  

I can personally attest that's the preferable way to go. 😉 

Listening to Jackson talk for an extended period it occurs to me he sounds a lot like Charlie Sheen. And for the record that's not good. At least he hasn't said he's "Winning!"   Yet.

• LOL 8

OK, this is bullshit. I’m finally home and able to watch the feeds for the first time since that asshole Jackson got HOH who is horrible but who I am so happy is HOH, and I just want to watch some conspiring nonsense, and everyone is all happy about what they got in the storage room? Bullshit! Y’all, I’m tired, and wanted to catch up, and all I have is happy houseguests. This sucks. I’m just gonna go to sleep for 14 hours. And then wait 14 more hours for them to be interesting. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

LOL. Tommy is calling NIck out a bit on his claim of selflessness. Tommy says this does work best for you if Jess is nominated. She is the only one after you.

Tells Nick him can't sit there and say it doesn't benefit him.

Nick shifts the focus back to his conversation in the HOH. Kind of an interrogation technique, to quickly switch to another subject.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

For some reason, it makes me smile to see Nicole and SIs having a good time together. 

Nicole is passing out paper towels as craft matts telling each person they have been challenged to make an owl.

• Love 4

Nick straight up has his hands in his pants during the whole name/critic chat. Just lying in the outdoor couch with his hands in his pants while everyone else is sitting there. Gross. 

7 hours ago, Mystery said:

Maybe it's a New England thing. Both were fairly common where I grew up in Massachusetts. Though of course the Kennedys could have started that! I believe that Jack Nicholson and Jack Lemmon are both Johns. 

It's not. I live in Canada. I have a uncle who everyone calls either Jack or Johnny. I also know a Tony who was baptize as Anthony. The reason why is that the church would not baptize him as Tony. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

How did Sis graduate college? She had to have passed basic math or English, right?

I’m wondering what college it was. 

In all honesty, I thought she had to be downplaying everything but now not so sure.  

It’s  impossible to ‘play a role’ 24/7 for 60 days right?   Then I look at Tommy and he is. 🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

How did Sis graduate college? She had to have passed basic math or English, right?

I guess it depends what she took? I mean, to give her some credit, she wouldn't need to take any math courses in college if it wasn't in her field. I mean, I'm not as bad at Sis where I have to count on my fingers what 9-2 is, but if you asked me to quickly tally up a math problem, I'd be taking at least a couple of minutes to do so.

I had to look up Analyse's university education and I forgot that she took Community Health Sciences at the University of Nevada.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I guess it depends what she took? I mean, to give her some credit, she wouldn't need to take any math courses in college if it wasn't in her field. I mean, I'm not as bad at Sis where I have to count on my fingers what 9-2 is, but if you asked me to quickly tally up a math problem, I'd be taking at least a couple of minutes to do so.

I had to look up Analyse's university education and I forgot that she took Community Health Sciences at the University of Nevada.

You can get a bachelor's degree without taking math?

It's been a few decades, but I had to take math, science, English, to get a degree in psychology. 

As for nicknames, the tradition has been that a person is baptized with the name of a saint, and can then be called a shortened version.  Jack is a nickname for John,  Ted for Theodore or Edward, nick for nicholas, chris for Christopher or christine,  Tony for Anthony, etc. I'm sure Tommy's name is really Thomas. 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
Just now, tinkerbell said:

It's been a few decades, but I had to take math, science, English, to get a degree in psychology. 

I think so? I'm Canadian so I don't know how things work down in the States, but here, it depends on the course. I was in Communications, then Sociology, then Film, so math was never ever something that I needed to take, unless I wanted to take it for fun. 

That being said, Analyse's program would have definitely required a couple of math courses. I tried looking it up on the University of Nevada website but not much luck on finding requirements.

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, Rbonnie said:

WTF?  Are those peas in that salad?

• LOL 1
6 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

That being said, Analyse's program would have definitely required a couple of math courses. I tried looking it up on the University of Nevada website but not much luck on finding requirements.

Because I'm procrastinating actual work, I looked it up, and U of Nevada does have core curriculum requirements of math and English.  Every university I'm familiar with has the same policy for Bachelor degrees.  Colleges want their graduates to be literate and have basic math skills.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

About any state-accredited liberal arts college usually requires completion of a minimum set of skills courses (General Studies Requirements) to qualify for graduation in one of its four-year degree programs - but I have no clue about which school Anal went to, or its requirements.

• Love 1

Most colleges, though, will come up with courses specifically designed to help students meet those general studies requirements. In other words, fairly...not EASY classes, but not necessarily HARD classes, either. For instance, I took a Physics for Humanists class in college and Astronomy was a VERY popular science class for General Studies requirements.

As for Edward/Ted, yeah, it is especially popular in New England. My father-in-law (who was born in Massachusetts) was Ted (from Edward), as was his father before him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

After seeing the groups convo with Christie leading away on how close she and Tommy live, the number of exits, etc. , Christie's looks, Tommy's body language, how did that not become a topic of conversation amongst the hgs?  

Cliff definitely picked up on it due to his question.  Did we just not see it or did it fly over everyone's head?

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Ellee said:

After seeing the groups convo with Christie leading away on how close she and Tommy live, the number of exits, etc. , Christie's looks, Tommy's body language, how did that not become a topic of conversation amongst the hgs?  

Cliff definitely picked up on it due to his question.  Did we just not see it or did it fly over everyone's head?

Well, keep in mind the broadcast show probably isn’t showing the conversation exactly as it happened; you’re watching what the editors put together afterwards, with head snaps / “meaningful” looks / expressions / etc. edited together after the fact, for heightened emphasis and drama.

• Love 3

I like to imagine that they just record them all in one day. "Okay, Holly, just arch your eyebrow left three times. Okay, now arch your eyebrow right three times. Good, good. Okay, now make your eyes all bug out. Perfect! Okay, now, open your mouth like you've just been stunned" 

And so on and so forth.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

I like to imagine that they just record them all in one day. "Okay, Holly, just arch your eyebrow left three times. Okay, now arch your eyebrow right three times. Good, good. Okay, now make your eyes all bug out. Perfect! Okay, now, open your mouth like you've just been stunned" 

And so on and so forth.

Have them do that in front of a green screen, and you just might be on to something....  😆

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Most colleges, though, will come up with courses specifically designed to help students meet those general studies requirements. In other words, fairly...not EASY classes, but not necessarily HARD classes, either. For instance, I took a Physics for Humanists class in college and Astronomy was a VERY popular science class for General Studies requirements.

As for Edward/Ted, yeah, it is especially popular in New England. My father-in-law (who was born in Massachusetts) was Ted (from Edward), as was his father before him. 

The whole reason I did not pursue art restoration further than two semesters was because of the three levels of algebra that were required for the chemistry portion. I barely squeaked by with a D in the General Math class I had to start with and this was in my 30s. I only lasted about two weeks in the Algebra 1 class. I really wish that there was something science-based that requires no math because I've gotten pretty interested in other areas of science, too, in my 40s and 50s.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1