Type keyword(s) to search

Season 21 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

Why can’t Girl alliances work? Jeez! Is it because they want to hide behind the guys or the girls are just catty? All guys and mixed sex alliances work but when it comes to a woman alliance they usually fail miserably.

Kat told Jess to tell Jack that she may have been in an alliance but that doesn't mean she started it and that he's in an alliance, too.  Jess responded with this:

Jessica:  "I don't know if he is in an alliance."

Kat:  "Girl, he is.  He has a final 2 with everybody."

Just now, LaurenlovesTV said:

Rookie question : what’s the DR ? 

diary room

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Kat is really pushing Jess to try to clear her name with Jack.  I could see Jack using this as more of a push to get Jess out of the house because he already told someone earlier tonight that Kemi was the target but if Jess wanted to insist on being a martyr, then she could be the one to go.

1 minute ago, Growsonwalls said:

Why is Kat all of a sudden my favorite HG? 

Yeah, she's gone up a lot in my book today.  I think I like her potential to fuck over some of the "cool kids" and she seems to be spilling little tidbits about certain people since Jackson dropped her.

• Love 10

I really really do not get Jack and Analyse. They don't talk. They don't even seem to like each other. They cuddle every night but it has about as much charge as a dead battery. I thought Liz and Austin took the cake for chemistry-less showmance but I think Analyse and Jack have beat them.

• Love 3

I was kind of switching channels and listening here and there. Did I hear Jack telling ANalyse about Ovi's power ? WHat he could have done with it ? And Ovi was in the room ?

Analyse says she gets annoyed just by looking at David.

3 minutes ago, missyb said:

I was kind of switching channels and listening here and there. Did I hear Jack telling ANalyse about Ovi's power ? WHat he could have done with it ? And Ovi was in the room ?

Not sure.  I've been avoiding the HOH feed.

12 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm trying to give these people the benefit of the doubt but fucking hell they make it so hard! Honestly, I can see why Cliff feels that way about David but he loses me when he uses those reasons to hate David while having little problem with Jack who acts 10 times as aggressive, forceful, and arrogant as David.

Same here, I find people are so quick to pull the racist card so quickly these days that to an extent the word has lost its edge to me.  That being said Jack and son have made it very hard for me to overlook their actions as being anything but that.

7 hours ago, Nashville said:

Offhand I recall a few reasons from my college days why somebody with sufficient hours to graduate, didn’t:

1. Disillusionment.   Many (most?) new college students’ first pick at a major is a high school kid’s wild guess based on what they think they might like to do for the rest of their life - or, if they never really had a firm opinion, what their parents thought they should do - but oftentimes some students learn enough about their major along the way such that by the time they’re seniors the one thing they KNOW is they’d rather slit their wrists rather than do THIS shit for the rest of their life.  And starting over can be a bitch in terms of both time and money.
  2. Finances.  Many scholarship awards and grant eligibilities run for up to 4 years, which can get problematic if you end up needing 5+ years to finish - a not-uncommon situation, particularly if you change majors midstream.  Sometimes after the money’s all gone, there’s simply too much school left over.
  3. Facts.  This may vary from state to state and school to school, but in the TN State Board of Regents school system (which contains all the State-accredited universities, including UT-Knoxville) qualification is based upon credit-hours, not simply class hours. TN requires not only that you put in the class time, but that the grade you get out of the class meets or exceeds a minimum threshold which goes up the more credit-hours one accumulates - so it is possible to have sufficient hours to graduate, without the grades resulting from those course hours qualifying you to do so.  Failure to meet this minimum criteria will land you first on academic probation, followed by suspension if there’s insufficient improvement the next semester - so Jackson’s college incompletion may not necessarily be a “choice” of his own choosing.
  4. Fiction.  People have been known to lie in this game every few years or so - or so I’ve heard.  Jackson may be fluffing his college qualifications a mite.  Just a thought....  ;>

Number one sort of applied to me.  When I was in high school I aced all of my history classes.  Therefore, when I went to college I decided to do a history minor.  Well that was a huge mistake.  

First off the people in my classes were far bigger history nerds than I was.  I often felt like the dumbest guy in the room (which is not in and of itself anything new but I really felt it there).  Then I got overwhelmed by the amount of work I would do just for one class, that I realized I bit off far more than I could chew.  I ended up dropping my history minor.

Now I did end up graduating with a degree in Communications and now nineteen years later I wonder why I wasted my time and money even going to college.  I never get anything out of it and have never been able to find a half-way decent job with my degree.  

1 hour ago, zorak said:

I have never understood why everyone hugs each other after these nomination ceremonies.  Like why are 2 people who weren't even nominated hugging each other and neither one is the HOH?

My dad flips out whenever they hug it out after a nomination or evection.  He yells at the television every single time.  His favorite saying is, "If it was me I would tell the to go fuck themselves.  Fuck that diplomatic bullshit."

The only evection he ever enjoyed was Howie's from BB All-Stars and Cody's from season 19.

• Love 6

Some bugle music just started playing and a message told the comebackers to go to the DR.

I think Ovi and David are going to have to wear special outfits.

• LOL 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

I really really do not get Jack and Analyse. They don't talk. They don't even seem to like each other.

In fairness, does Jack really like anybody besides himself and maybe Jackson? (As long as Jackson never tries to challenge him as Top Alpha.... )

The Earthquakes give me a flashback to BB10. They had one, and made everyone go to the backyard.  Remember Michelle (i.e. I KNOW Dan is a PLANT!)?  She was scared out of her mind.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, vb68 said:

In fairness, does Jack really like anybody besides himself and maybe Jackson? (as long as Jackson never tries to challenge him as Top Alpha.... )

the Earthquakes give me a flashback to BB10. They had one, and made everyone go to the backyard?  Remember Michelle (i.e. I KNOW Dan is a PLANT)?  She was scared out of her mind.

Some useless information (all of my posts are), my friend actually went out on a date with one of Michelle's cousins.  

2 minutes ago, zorak said:

The Camp Comeback uniforms

uniforms.png

uniforms 2.png

I honestly feel bad for them.  I would not want to wear that, hell I did not want to wear that back when I was a Cub Scout. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, zorak said:

The Camp Comeback uniforms

uniforms.png

uniforms 2.png

Hilarious. They look like dorks. BB is playing mind games on them . Wish they’d let them wreck more havoc and tattle tale amongst the House 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

I really really do not get Jack and Analyse. They don't talk. They don't even seem to like each other. They cuddle every night but it has about as much charge as a dead battery. I thought Liz and Austin took the cake for chemistry-less showmance but I think Analyse and Jack have beat them.

Analyse recognizes this. I don't remember if I saw this on BB After Dark or in Twitter clips, but Analyse was talking to Jackson about her and Jack's lack of chemistry. She was saying that she thinks he's hot but they have nothing to talk about. She was telling Jackson that he's easier to talk to than Jack.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Okay, sure. 

@RedheadZombie - there appears to be some confusion gong on here.

My post was made in response to a line of discussion concerning Cliff, and was made solely in that context.

Your post drops mine into an entirely separate discussion thread concerning Jack, then responds as if my post had been made in this totally separate context.

I’d appreciate it mightily if you could correct this misattribution ASAP, as my opinions on Cliff and Jack are nowhere near interchangeable.

• Love 1

In one way, it's annoying that whenever Jack and Son mention David, the feed immediately switches to another camera somewhere in the house because the production lackeys are under strict orders to brush this shit under the area rug that Analyse is quickly becoming.

On the other, it means I don't have to listen to or watch Jack and Son on the quad cam as often and I kinda like that. 

I'm very conflicted about this.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, green said:

Sweden was neutral in World War II. 

Allied prisoners breaking out of German POW camps tried to make it there often times because Sweden's neutrality was respected by both sides and they could comfortably sit out the rest of the war. 

The rules of neutrality required that Sweden couldn't return them to England say just like an escaped German POW couldn't be returned to Germany.  So there they were housed and fed and kept safe and sound while hosted politely by the Swedish government.

Actually there is some debate by historians over exactly how neutral Sweden was.  Here's an article: Worldatlas   Here's another.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Brian Cronin said:

Whether Sweden was neutral or not, it was obvious that they meant to say Switzerland. I certainly don't object to discussions about Sweden's history, just noting that, come on, even if we were to all agree that Sweden was neutral, it was still a fuck up on their part because they meant to say Switzerland.

True. I was just confused. 

• Love 1

It's fascinating to watch Bella really throw her game away for Kemi. In a way, I kind of admire it. It's extremely foolish from a game perspective, but boy, she's a really good friend to have, I guess, as she's only known Kemi for a couple of weeks and she's already willing to throw her game away for her.

The bad thing about it, though, is that she's also throwing Nick's game away in the process (although, of course, Nick has agency of his own and just because Bella asks him to do things it does not mean that he has to do them). 

Still, it's just so interesting that she is willfully throwing herself under the bus to protect a friend who clearly is not long for the house, even if she avoids eviction this week. Plus, it makes an enemy out of Jessica. Granted, Jessica can't do shit about shit, because she's essentially just an adorably incompetent HG, but still, pissing people off when you don't have to to protect someone who is likely going home no matter what is not a smart way to play BB. 

24 minutes ago, mertensia said:

True. I was just confused. 

Oh yeah, I totally get that. I just thought it was funny that we got into an interesting discussion about Sweden's neutrality as a sort of "Devil's Advocate" deal when really, these devils are way too stupid for us to advocate for them. 😉

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, BK1978 said:

Same here, I find people are so quick to pull the racist card so quickly these days that to an extent the word has lost its edge to me.  That being said Jack and son have made it very hard for me to overlook their actions as being anything but that.

Number one sort of applied to me.  When I was in high school I aced all of my history classes.  Therefore, when I went to college I decided to do a history minor.  Well that was a huge mistake.  

First off the people in my classes were far bigger history nerds than I was.  I often felt like the dumbest guy in the room (which is not in and of itself anything new but I really felt it there).  Then I got overwhelmed by the amount of work I would do just for one class, that I realized I bit off far more than I could chew.  I ended up dropping my history minor.

Now I did end up graduating with a degree in Communications and now nineteen years later I wonder why I wasted my time and money even going to college.  I never get anything out of it and have never been able to find a half-way decent job with my degree.  

I feel like high schools and colleges do a really bad job preparing students for making the choice about their major. When I was in high school, the focus was on getting into a good college and not on what you wanted to do. In college, there was a lot of talk about trying different things and finding what you were interested in, but no real focus on what the major would mean for your job prospects. I majored in communications because it was a broad degree with lots of applications in the real world (spoiler: nobody had any interest in my communications degree) and minored in marketing with the absolute conviction I could do creative at an ad agency (spoiler: my minor got me unlimited interviews at commission only sales jobs). Ultimately, I did find a good job, and after returning to Law School, have found my place in the world. But, I rarely use any of the skills I learned in college and my expectations in no way resembled reality.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, zorak said:

Jessica:  "I don't know if [Jack] is in an alliance."

It's settled, Kat is my fave.

3 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

The bad thing about it, though, is that she's also throwing Nick's game away in the process ...

Oh yay! Nick sucks (I mean, they all do lol) so this delights me.

• Love 5

There's another reason they drop out/withdraw: they were more or less forced by parents to go.  I know of two who finally just said no, and never went back. *Another switched to community college for a 2 year bookkeeping or accounting degree.

* And really, with one of them, I knew it was a mistake. That kid was as interested in a college degree as a cat is in front wheel drive cars, and became a short order cook.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Kat is absolutely my favorite houseguest. She's self-deprecating and funny, often unintentionally (which I always love). I'm also a shallow bitch and she is absolutely gorgeous. I think she could go far in the game and be a potential dark horse.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Analyse recognizes this. I don't remember if I saw this on BB After Dark or in Twitter clips, but Analyse was talking to Jackson about her and Jack's lack of chemistry. She was saying that she thinks he's hot but they have nothing to talk about. She was telling Jackson that he's easier to talk to than Jack.

Yeah every time she talks about Jack her spectrum of emotions ranges from "he's hot" to "he's hot." I have a feeling that she's always been told she's hot so she feels like she has to hook up with the "hot" guy. (Although I don't think Jack is hot.) But she doesn't like him and the two seem to have no physical attraction to each other. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Yeah every time she talks about Jack her spectrum of emotions ranges from "he's hot" to "he's hot."

Hey now!  Two nights ago she told Nick that Jack was "fucking hot".  Before that, all I'd ever heard her say about Jack is "he's hot". But now he's "fucking hot" so things must really be heating up between them.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

I can't believe how universally despised this cast is on social media, specifically the people in the majority alliance. I don't think I've ever seen Reddit, Sucks, Jokers, Twitter, and here all in agreement on a group of people. Shades of BB15.

I don't think this means much. The online community represents only a fraction of the audience (and there's a lot of cross-over between the platforms and forums as well). Ratings have been stable so far. They go down a little every summer but that's just the nature of TV. There's been no drastic drop in viewership that would alarm CBS. 

I couldn't even finish the last two seasons because they were unbearable (Paul) and predictable (Tyler). At least with this one I have no idea where it's going. Sure Jack and Jackson are a couple of ass clowns but name me one season that didn't have a couple of ass clowns.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, zorak said:

Jessica:  "I don't know if he is in an alliance."

Oh my God. How does this happen every fucking season? Person in 57 alliances is a lone wolf. Where do they find these idiots?! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, zorak said:

Hey now!  Two nights ago she told Nick that Jack was "fucking hot".

I'm sure Nick was absolutely thrilled to hear that.

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I couldn't even finish the last two seasons because they were unbearable (Paul) and predictable (Tyler).

But neither one won. Just saying.  It certainly wasn't predictable this far out that either Josh or Kaycee was going to win. 

Edited by vb68
  • Love 10

Veto players were picked.  I'm not sure who all is playing but apparently Jackson was picked as a houseguest's choice by either Kemi or Jess based on what David was saying to Ovi.  He was talking about how it says a lot that Jackson was able to get "her" to choose him to play for her despite the fact that Jackson is in an alliance with others that don't include her.  David says he might save her but that what it does is that it hides that alliance.  Now I'm hearing Jackson and Jack talk and I think Jessica might have been the "her" in question.

• Useful 1

Kem is telling Nicole that she feels like the only one who would put Jack on the block.

Kemi says she wishes that everyone who thinks they're "in" with Jack, Jackson, Analyse, and Holly would realize that they're really the expendables.  

• Love 10

Jackson is telling Holly, Christie, and Analyse that he has no intention of taking Jess off the block if he wins.  No surprises there.  Even Christie and the other 2 were wondering why Jess had picked Jackson to play for her.

12 minutes ago, zorak said:

I'm not sure who all is playing but apparently Jackson was picked as a houseguest's choice by either Kemi or Jess based on what David was saying to Ovi. 

Sigh.  Why???

9 minutes ago, zorak said:

Kemi says she wishes that everyone who thinks they're "in" with Jack, Jackson, Analyse, and Holly would realize that they're really the expendables.  

Exactly.

3 minutes ago, zorak said:

Jackson thanked Jess for picking him for veto.  She says she was feeling a very strong pull to pick either Christie or Jackson.  

I just can't with her.  He's obviously not going to use it, least of all on you, Jess. Buy a clue.

• Love 8

Holly and Christie are telling Analyse that she should kiss Jack on his birthday.  Analyse:  "Well, I guess I better put on my big girl pants."  

• LOL 3

I enjoyed Kemi saying she’d turn on the fake waterworks in the DR in an attemot to get tequila on her birthday tomorrow. Jess pointed out that Rachel got tequila. I really wanted Kemi to bust out an impersonation of Britney mocking Rachel ‘s “TEQUILA! OH MY GOD!” But she didn’t, dammit. I do think Kemi’s the only amusing HG there, apart from Kat. Tommy might be, too, when he cuts loose.

• Love 1

Maybe Jess knows that Kemi is the real target, so her pick of Jackson might reveal some alliance info.  If nothing else, she reveals nothing about who she's most closely allied with.  Now if Jackson throws the comp or wins and doesn't change noms, that could be revealing.  Or Jess is just naive, but I want to believe there is strategy.