Type keyword(s) to search

House Hunters - General Discussion

• Start Topic

New Rochelle, NY. Why do I get the feeling BJ doesn't want to do projects with her dad? Maybe BJ isn't handy and feels inadequate around her dad. Or the 2 men don't get along. I love the realtor asking if they like each other. Died laughing when BJ considered that cathedral ceiling and huge stone fireplace as modern.

2 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Did anybody else's 10:00 EST House Hunters start mid-episode at 10:20? 

No, mine was on time.

• Love 2

I didn't like any of the New Rochelle houses, they were too old for my taste.  The outside of that last house looked like it was perfect for a horror movie.

17 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

New Rochelle: I loved their dog Sophie. Her dad carrying her like a child was adorbs.

That was the only thing I liked about the episode. 

• Love 4

My association with New Rochelle is only through TV, Dick Van Dyke Show, and some others talked about it.    I was surprised that the houses shown on this episode were only older, and with some remodeling.    I really expected to see some subdivisions with cookie cutter houses.   

I loved the dog.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My association with New Rochelle is only through TV, Dick Van Dyke Show, and some others talked about it.    I was surprised that the houses shown on this episode were only older, and with some remodeling.    I really expected to see some subdivisions with cookie cutter houses.   

I loved the dog.

It is a very expensive real estate market so $600,000 would be on the lower end for a decent sized single family home.

I wouid imagine that is why the search was limited to not very good houses. I have nothing against older homes but the ones they looked at weren’t that desirable and were essentially starter homes for people who wanted to live in New Rochelle. There wasn’t really the ability to remodel them into a more gracious home either as the layouts weren’t great and the interiors didn’t have a lot of period charm either. 

I think they were cheap homes when they were built.  The   city I went to college in had lots of this kind of housing stock that was never particularly nice housing. A step up from the Philadelphia row houses that were built fir the working poor but not by much 

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3

Huntsville, Alabama. I hear all the time about service families having to live on food stamps and yet this family can put up half a mil. Is it due to their 20 years of service? Huh, I thought they'd go for #3 not #1.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Huntsville, Alabama. I hear all the time about service families having to live on food stamps and yet this family can put up half a mil. Is it due to their 20 years of service? Huh, I thought they'd go for #3 not #1.

He had 30 years of service and she had twenty. I’m glad the husband got his water features.

• Love 3

Huntsville, now the largest city in Alabama, has some spectacular houses.    A lot of military families buy homes where they are stationed, and either resell, or rent them out, and a bunch of years of doing this, or saving enlistment bonuses, etc.  means you can buy your dream home.   If you live near Northern Virginia, and can buy, you'll probably make a six digit profit after two years of ownership.   So, you can save and amass a large amount of money if you're smart, and lucky.   

Huntsville has great schools too.    Property taxes are low, and even lower for home owners that actually live in the house (as opposed to investors who don't get a reduction on property taxes).   Also, as others pointed out, pensions are tax exempt.    There is also a major university hospital there too.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Huntsville, Alabama. I hear all the time about service families having to live on food stamps and yet this family can put up half a mil. Is it due to their 20 years of service?

Were they paying cash?  If not, then I assume they would be getting a mortgage just like most people, and they might be a better risk because their income is from military pensions.

As @LittleIggy pointed out, the woman had 20 years of service and the man had 30.  Military retirement "vests" at 20 years, and includes not only the pension but healthcare for the rest of their lives, which is a significant benefit.  Retired military can also shop at base exchanges, which can be a benefit for the frugal minded.

The military members on food stamps are lower-ranking (and therefore lower paid, just like in the regular world), and have families, and oftentimes the wife doesn't work.  This situation doesn't describe the HHs in this episode.  They did it smart, and are reaping the benefits.

What I don't know is if they planned it.  It could be they joined for any number of reasons, and then realized that if they stick it out for just 20 years, they'll be set for the rest of their lives. 

I really think mandatory military service for everyone would be a huge win all around.  I actually kind of regret not investigating it further when the military recruiters came to my law school looking for people to be in the JAG (judge advocate general) Corps.  But I thought, "Gosh, I'll be 30 by the time I get out."  And that's coming from someone who got into an elite law school!

Certainly these two HHs show how joining the military can pay off down the road, and really, not that far down the road.  (Although I think young people now think they'll probably stop working when they're about 50.)

Of course, there's the risk of having to go to war, which is a definite disadvantage.  But then again, you might get stationed in Hawaii, like these two did. 

• Love 8

Reality show whore that I am, I seem to remember a show about a group of "socialites" who lived in an affluent suburb of Huntsville. 

I could be confusing it with another show but I think there was a new transplant who was affiliated with a world renowned research facility and so that specific part of Alabama attracts people who don't fit the standard demographics of Alabama.

I wasn't surprised that they could afford the house - It wasn't extravagant for people retiring on generous pensions after 30 and 20 years respectively. They seemed to be very shrewd and I assume they were able to save a lot during those years - living on base housing when it made sense - purchasing two homes where it made economic sense to purchase.

As others have pointed out it is the young low ranking service people who don't make much but then that would be true of their contemporaries who aren't enlisted - either they are in college or working minimum wage jobs and struggling even worse since they don't have free medical care and guaranteed housing plus a salary. As others have pointed out, once you start advancing in the military your net income - including salary plus the significant benefits is not bad and the ability to retire with a fixed pension at a relatively young age also is a factor in one's eventual financial well being - they are probably ahead of the game as compared to people their age who stayed in private sector unless those people were very successful. 

Their pension is not subject to state tax - don't know how significant that is since there are other places that don't have income taxes but the cost of living is also low. I also wouldn't be surprised if the husband at least gets some kind of side gig to supplement income - he is probably at most in his late 40's/early 50's and would have very marketable skills.

Edited by amarante
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, amarante said:

Reality show whore that I am, I seem to remember a show about a group of "socialites" who lived in an affluent suburb of Huntsville. 

I could be confusing it with another show but I think there was a new transplant who was affiliated with a world renowned research facility and so that specific part of Alabama attracts people who don't fit the standard demographics of Alabama.

I wasn't surprised that they could afford the house - It wasn't extravagant for people retiring on generous pensions after 30 and 20 years respectively. They seemed to be very shrewd and I assume they were able to save a lot during those years - living on base housing when it made sense - purchasing two homes where it made economic sense to purchase.

As others have pointed out it is the young low ranking service people who don't make much but then that would be true of their contemporaries who aren't enlisted - either they are in college or working minimum wage jobs and struggling even worse since they don't have free medical care and guaranteed housing plus a salary. As others have pointed out, once you start advancing in the military your net income - including salary plus the significant benefits is not bad and the ability to retire with a fixed pension at a relatively young age also is a factor in one's eventual financial well being - they are probably ahead of the game as compared to people their age who stayed in private sector unless those people were very successful. 

There pension is not subject to state tax - don't know how significant that is since there are other places that don't have income taxes but the cost of living is also low. I also wouldn't be surprised if the husband at least gets some kind of side gig to supplement income - he is probably at most in his late 40's/early 50's and would have very marketable skills.

I agree with everything you said.  My one regret in life is that I never served in the military. 

This couple was exemplary in serving their Country while ensuring that their (and their children's) financial future was provided for by their responsible planning and hard work!

The husband was quick to point out all the sacrifices he made throughout his career ( doing "without") and I could see the authentic satisfaction he had being able to build on those challenging living/working conditions to finally reap the fruits of his, and his wife's, labor.  

It really was a delight seeing how happy they were with their new home and all its beautiful features.  Their children are bound to benefit greatly from their circumstances, as well.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

I agree with everything you said.  My one regret in life is that I never served in the military. 

This couple was exemplary in serving their Country while ensuring that their (and their children's) financial future was provided for by their responsible planning and hard work!

The husband was quick to point out all the sacrifices he made throughout his career ( doing "without") and I could see the authentic satisfaction he had being able to build on those challenging living/working conditions to finally reap the fruits of his, and his wife's, labor.  

It really was a delight seeing how happy they were with their new home and all its beautiful features.  Their children are bound to benefit greatly from their circumstances, as well.

Not exactly the same thing but my parents were both "civil servants" and didn't try to keep up with the Jones. In their case, they lived in the home they bought until they retired but they spent money on things that mattered to them like education, healthy food etc.

They had the last laugh as compared to some of their grasshopper friends when they retired with their pensions plus their retirement savings as millionaires - although you would never know that as they tooled around in their Honda. But they were free from any money worries; retired to a condo in Laguna Hills and traveled and generally enjoyed life.

Edited by amarante
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, amarante said:

Not exactly the same thing but my parents were both "civil servants" and didn't try to keep up with the Jones. In their case, they lived in the home they bought until they retired but they spent money on things that mattered to them like education, healthy food etc.

They had the last laugh as compared to some of their grasshopper friends when they retired with their pensions plus their retirement savings as millionaires - although you would never know that as they tooled around in their Honda. But they were free from any money worries; retired to a condo in Laguna Hills and traveled and generally enjoyed life.

My parents had a very similar story.  Many friends/relatives really "put on the dog" to "impress" with all their fancy purchases (mostly for show) throughout my growing-up years. 

Like your parents, my parents did the same with staying in their career positions and banking (and investing a LOT of $$$) a lot of what they made as their careers advanced.  No one would have ever known their status because my dad drove a Toyota!! and they lived in the original house they bought after the War.  Healthy living was also very important to them (and to me!)

Anyway, they retired to Florida from the East Coast and gave their kids and grandkids student loan free educations (that was very generous) and when they passed away (each at 98 y.o.) their kids and grandchildren were amply provided for financially.  I, myself, stayed in "civil service" for 25 years and now can live comfortably.  My father always stressed the importance of not "hopping from job to job" and not entering entrepreneurial opportunities without adequate capitalization.  

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

My parents had a very similar story.

As did mine.  We never wanted for anything but we led a modest, middle class life.  My parents stayed in the same house they built when I was born for their 63 years of married life.  My dad saved and taught me to do the same. 

I bought my first house (900 square feet) after saving up the down payment and I lived in it for 34 years.  It wasn't until I retired after working full time for 45 years that I bought a retirement home on Lake Huron which I love.  And I am also living well because my parents left me and my sister money that they saved for us.

Never, in my 20's, would I have demanded all of the crap that these young people seem to think they are entitled to.  It simply was not in my DNA.

I wonder if most of us with similar stories are of the same generation!

• Love 13
18 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

I know nothing about New Rochelle, but the homes were pretty underwhelming to me. I love older homes if they are taken care of and honor their style and period.

Also the dog was so cute!

I lived in the town next door to New Rochelle, Pelham Manor. There were homes exactly like the ones they looked at in some areas of Pelham that bordered New Rochelle and then there were homes that were two-three times as big with grand staircases, extra large kitchens, four-five bedrooms and sizable yards. Most of these homes in that area and the ones closer to New Rochelle, were built during or post depression era. Most people who can afford it choose to live in Pelham over New Rochelle because the schools in Pelham are excellent...not so much in New Rochelle. That was the reason my parents bought in Pelham.

On 8/18/2021 at 12:20 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I knew someone who lived in Fredericksburg, and commuted to D.C., and some days it was a five hour round trip, but some days were worse. 

I think a lot of people around D.C. get the biggest house they can afford, even if it's out of town like Fredericksburg.     I know it sounds ridiculous, but I know a lot of couples who want the huge main bedroom, each has another bedroom for an office, a guest room or two, and it's great for resale.      

We live in Fairfax County and housing prices are through the roof here...I don't know how any young couple can afford them...the further away you get from D.C. the less expensive the houses are but the commutes are brutal.

• Love 8
On 8/17/2021 at 10:38 PM, chessiegal said:

Didn't the wife in the "DC" episode say she had to go into DC a few days a week? If that's true, the stretch of I-95 between DC and Fredericksburg is the absolute worst when it comes to traffic. It is always congested. 

Yep...it's gotten worse over the years with all the new developments out that way.

On 8/18/2021 at 7:52 AM, Cetacean said:

It was shocking to see how thin he was!  I wondered if he is ill.  The camera adds pounds so I can't imagine what he looks like in "real" life.

He did look a tad skinny...it did look as though he was sickly but probably he's always been thin and might have trouble gaining weight. He seemed to be a bit selfish...always talking about his "tastes" or the basement would be all his...what is with these young guys that need to have a man room/cave to get away from wife and kids. I don't see many women demanding a "she shed" or a ladies "lair". The house they chose had virtually no backyard and what they did have backed up to a huge soccer field that would mean they would no privacy in their backyard when games/practices are going on. But hubby didn't want a nice fenced in backyard with some trees because he didn't want to rake leaves. Instead he'll be fetching soccer balls that have been kicked into their yard.

• Love 2

Irvine, CA: So she was going to keep renting a house in Carlsbad (where daughter’s school is) and buy a house in Irvine (where her work is)? Why can’t the daughter stay with dad in Carlsbad (I assume he lives there) during the school week and with the mother in Irvine on weekends? 

• Love 7

Irvine, Ca: $700,000 on a new house plus paying rent or her other home for her grown children! No way! No how! Almost, $800,000 for a 2 bedroom is crazy but that’s real estate in California for you. I liked the 3rd home with the 3 bedrooms. It was also crazy money but if I’m spending someone else’s money I’m going big. LOL!!! The mother really seemed nice. I hope she’s happy in her new life. 

• Love 7

I cannot believe it took the Irvine, CA buyer 15 years to get fed up with a 2 hour commute each way.  The school her daughter goes to must be a one-of-a-kind facility to get her to make such a nightmare commute daily.  I did not know the distance involved, but a map shows it as about 52 miles via I-5.  I know some people who live about 45 miles from my city, and they commute daily, but it's an hour at most via the interstate - barring any wrecks.  Of course, we don't have California traffic here.  I think I would have looked around for another school years ago before the daughter became so entrenched in that location.    I liked the 3rd place.  

Edited by laredhead
  • Love 7
37 minutes ago, laredhead said:

I cannot believe it took the Irvine, CA buyer 15 years to get fed up with a 2 hour commute each way.  The school her daughter goes to must be a one-of-a-kind facility to get her to make such a nightmare commute daily.  I did not know the distance involved, but a map shows it as about 52 miles via I-5.  I know some people who live about 45 miles from my city, and they commute daily, but it's an hour at most via the interstate - barring any wrecks.  Of course, we don't have California traffic here.  I think I would have looked around for another school years ago before the daughter became so entrenched in that location.    I liked the 3rd place.  

Yeah, if money had not been an issue I would picked house #3, too. Which why it seems crazy to spend that much money on a two bedroom condo. Unfortunately, that’s real estate in California. I do think the 2 bedroom for her “new” life is plenty enough for her though. Her kids are getting older and they would both move out (hopefully) in a few years and, then the 2 bedrooms won’t be such of an problem. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Yeah, if money had not been an issue I would picked house #3, too. Which why it seems crazy to spend that much money on a two bedroom condo. Unfortunately, that’s real estate in California. I do think the 2 bedroom for her “new” life is plenty enough for her though. Her kids are getting older and they would both move out (hopefully) in a few years and, then the 2 bedrooms won’t be such of an problem. 

She talked about one of the kids using an air mattress when they are both there, I guess in the living room.  I thought, couldn't she get a trundle for under her bed and share her room with the daughter when both kids are there?

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

She talked about one of the kids using an air mattress when they are both there, I guess in the living room.  I thought, couldn't she get a trundle for under her bed and share her room with the daughter when both kids are there?

There are Murphy Beds that are a desk during the day, and pull out sideways, instead of the pull down types.   The sideways one would work in the living room, or even in the daughter's room.  I had to laugh when the daughter said to her mother, "You're the one who decided to have kids".    

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

There are Murphy Beds that are a desk during the day, and pull out sideways, instead of the pull down types.   The sideways one would work in the living room, or even in the daughter's room.  I had to laugh when the daughter said to her mother, "You're the one who decided to have kids".    

There was definitely room for a better option than an air mattress. What do you do with the air mattress during the day? Lean it up against a wall I guess.

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

But hubby didn't want a nice fenced in backyard with some trees because he didn't want to rake leaves.

I don't think hubby had the physical stamina or strength to rake leaves or perform any other  chore requiring physical brawn😄

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Happy for California woman who went with the place that worked for her. Fifteen years?! The kids live with her part-time and one is already out of the house--the daughter isn't far behind. Or with her Dad (did they say during the week and with mom on weekends or the other way around?).

Anyway, the daughter's self-serving requests and smart-ass comments seemed completely producer-driven once they got to the end. "Hey, play it like it's Peyton's place, be a petulant teen!" 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, pdlinda said:

I don't think hubby had the physical stamina or strength to rake leaves or perform any other  chore requiring physical brawn😄

Actually, no one really rakes leaves anymore...in my neck of the wood they use a leaf blower to do that. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, buttersister said:

Anyway, the daughter's self-serving requests and smart-ass comments seemed completely producer-driven once they got to the end.

That was crazy! What 15 year old talks about the price of a house vs the price they should pay. Didn't she say that?

With COVID are we to believe the mother is not working from home?

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Rightside said:

That was crazy! What 15 year old talks about the price of a house vs the price they should pay. Didn't she say that?

Any 15 year old whose parents raised them to appreciate money and then has them as their house hunting buddy on a television programme? 

• LOL 1

Late to the party...

Huntsville, AL:  In addition to his 30 years of service, he mentioned his rank in the intro. I don't remember it exactly, but it was Sergeant something and google told me it was the highest rank attainable by an enlisted soldier and came with a fully vested pension of $8k/mo. They weren't hurting for money.

Irvine, CA: Confused by the Carlsbad rental. 15 years with that commute and she's still keeping the rental so she'll still be commuting some of the time?  I'm guessing there has to be issues with the father that won't allow her to share custody in a manner that would work better for job situation. Happy to see her get the two bedroom she wanted. The kids will rarely be there at the same time and as others have mentioned, a trundle or murphy bed. The way she pronounced Peyton was interesting too. They both had interesting, not very SoCal, accents. 

• Love 4

The Irvine/Carlsbad woman was staying in Carlsbad on days her daughter lived with her, so she could stay in school there.   The woman would be in Irvine on days when her daughter wasn't with her.    My guess is the second the daughter graduates high school, that the mother will move full time to Irvine.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Dallas. Pretty sure Brandon's parents weren't shocked when he came out. He is so whiny. It doesn't have the amenities, the HOA is too high, where's my tub, I want my friends to sit at an island. His agent was probably wishing her baby came early in order to get out of this.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

My husband learned something new tonight. When Brandon said he wanted a waterfall island, he turned to me and said - what does that even mean? After I explained it to him, when he saw the condo kitchen, he said, oh, a waterfall island.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, pdlinda said:

That stood out to me too.  There must be a back story not related to the purchase of her second home.

How did she pronounce it? I didn’t notice. 

1 hour ago, Grizzly said:

Dallas. Pretty sure Brandon's parents weren't shocked when he came out. He is so whiny. It doesn't have the amenities, the HOA is too high, where's my tub, I want my friends to sit at an island. His agent was probably wishing her baby came early in order to get out of this.

I couldn’t believe those “bedrooms” in the place he bought. They were both tiny. The bathroom probably had more square footage.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

She pronounced Peyton with a hard T and put stress on both syllables, as in “She’s gonna pay (a) ton for that Irvine house. Subtle, but it sounded pretentious to me. 

6 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I couldn’t believe those “bedrooms” in the place he bought. They were both tiny. The bathroom probably had more square footage.

Yes, they were small. Then again, he’s the only one living in the loft (for now). He probably won’t stay there long. 

On 8/20/2021 at 4:47 PM, pdlinda said:

I liked the couple and the house they chose. I still cringe whenever a HH says they want a house that shows people they’ve “made it.” I know it’s a common feeling—although you usually hear people say things like curb appeal or resale value. 

Did the couple just retire? Had they still been moving a lot? Otherwise, I don’t know why they wouldn’t have had at least their 4 year old in swim lessons by now. A sad statistic is that black children drown at a higher rate than any other kids because most of them can’t swim. But yeah, that pool needs a gate whether the kids can swim or not. Most municipalities require it to protect neighborhood children. I’m not sure about Huntsville, though. 

• Love 6
On 8/24/2021 at 11:09 AM, Dehumidifier said:

I wondered why she couldn't have the two kids share the extra bedroom during the intervals when both are there. 

When all five of us kids were out of the house, my parents built a new house and had one extra bedroom, just big enough for two twin beds.  If more than one kid happened to be there at a time, they shared that room, regardless of the gender mix.

On 8/24/2021 at 8:44 AM, laredhead said:

I did not know the distance involved, but a map shows it as about 52 miles via I-5.  I know some people who live about 45 miles from my city, and they commute daily, but it's an hour at most via the interstate - barring any wrecks.  Of course, we don't have California traffic here. 

I lived near Carlsbad for six months a few years ago.  I'd go to Irvine once a week or so, and it was a real soul killer, and I didn't even have to go during rush hour.  A chunk of the drive is along Camp Pendleton, so there are very few exits along there.  That's good, because you don't have people getting on the freeway and causing back-ups, but if something goes wrong and traffic stops, you're trapped

When she said she's been making that drive daily for 15 years, I almost cried.

She did, however, make me walk back my usual "Do you really get up early enough sit on your balcony and drink coffee before leaving for work?"  Because if she keeps getting up at the same time after she moves, she's going to have HOURS to sit on her balcony before work.

19 hours ago, snarts said:

The way she pronounced Peyton was interesting too.

I noticed that, too, but I'm from Texas where there are no hard Ts in the middle of any word, and wondered if it would stand out to normal English speakers.

I felt kind of sorry for her son Gavin because they said his name so many times I started to kind of hate him.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Grizzly said:

He didn't seem whiny at all, just knew what he wanted. I thought he was quite positive about a lot. He even said in that one house that though he wants super modern he liked the stairs that weren't. Why should he accept and pay for something else? Isn't the whole point of HH to hear buyers discuss and talk about what they want and don't want? Should he just silently accept everything? And I'm hoping that whiny comment had nothing to do in your mind with him being gay. 

• Love 6

I think the producers need to quit with increasing the list of what the house hunters want.   I'm sure a lot of what the Dallas house hunter 'demanded' was not really what he wanted.  I've noticed that the list of contrasting must haves by the house hunters are directly opposite, and then at the end the house they already own, doesn't match either list.    It's not adding drama, it's adding unneeded arguing.   I watch for the different houses, in different places, not the Maury show screaming matches.    

I hope the Dallas homeowner is so happy with the place he bought.    It's such a hot market there, that finding anything close to what you want, at a good price, is a win.  

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Grrarrggh said:

And I'm hoping that whiny comment had nothing to do in your mind with him being gay. 

We've seen plenty of whiny straight people on this show. Part of the problem was he didn't have a friend or relative with him to talk to. So all comments were directed at the agent. 

• Love 2
On 8/25/2021 at 12:24 AM, LittleIggy said:

Just watched new Brandon. Whatever. I totally agree about the bedrooms. They were so small. I’m talking NYC small and I’m not even from NYC. The bathroom was huge but it also was the only bathroom so they had to go big. So he really only got one bedroom and made the other the office. His guest can stay in a hotel. Thanks a lot, buddy. LOL!!!! Also, I hated the black toilet right near the shower. As far, as toilet colors go that was fugly. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Grizzly said:

We've seen plenty of whiny straight people on this show. Part of the problem was he didn't have a friend or relative with him to talk to. So all comments were directed at the agent. 

That’s a valid point. Usually, the whiny and annoying one on HH is the “helpful & honest” friend. He didn’t have that (un) needed sounding board. He didn’t even have his mother along for the hunt. He didn’t come off as whinny but very exact on what his needs or wants were. I don’t get the tub thing for people but that’s not my need. I want a big a** shower. LOL!!!!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Just watched new Brandon. Whatever. I totally agree about the bedrooms. They were so small. I’m talking NYC small and I’m not even from NYC. The bathroom was huge but it also was the only bathroom so they had to go big.

I don't understand this trend of devoting so much square footage to a bathroom.  I can actually see having two sinks, because that allows two people to utilize the space at the same time.  But those ones that are just big, with the business parts around the edge, and the open part in the middle is used only to pass through to get to another part of the bathroom--I'd rather have that space in another part of the house. 

Then again, I don't mind a cramped bathroom because I just use it for a bathroom, not an oasis. 

• Love 5