Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E22: Reckoning

preeya
  • Start Topic

(edited)

With Kelton's election all but assured, Voight and his team must go off book in a last-ditch effort to save Intelligence from getting axed.

Edited by preeya

Since Jon Seda is not returning next season, was he committing suicide with that pill he was about to take?

I am sad Jon will not be back and still angry how Al was written out.  So did Hank really off Kelton? Yikes!

• Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Since Jon Seda is not returning next season, was he committing suicide with that pill he was about to take?

I am sad Jon will not be back and still angry how Al was written out.  So did Hank really off Kelton? Yikes!

My guess, it wasn't Voight; it was Antonio. His last gasp in Intelligence.

Farewell Jon Seda

Edited by preeya
  • Love 6

Jesus this show - it was full of great and interesting characters in the beginning who have gone out in such depressing  exits.

Erin got dumped by Jay, abused by her mother right up to her final episode, nearly lost her badge and in order to keep it had to walk away from the life and family she had created for herself in Chicago. 

Al lost his daughter in a fire, went to prison and hen got stabbed.

Antonio became a drug addicted mess. 

The above three characters brought so much more to the show then the remaining idiots we’re left with save for Atwater. Who knows how long even he has left given he’s born voight not is he part of the merry band of idiots love square.

• Love 4

What a crappy ending for Dawson. I'm really sorry he got shafted in this way. He annoyed me at times but they just relentlessly destroyed his character. They could have told him getting addicted in a much more interesting way but instead you get this half assed cock and bull story. 

And gah.... Upton would have jumped Jay's bones in the break room given half the chance. How many more co-workers is she going to hook up with? I mean Ruzek's side of the bed is barely cold & she's moved on to the next one. For someone who doesn't date co-workers she's going through them like a dose of salts. Hopefully Halstead sees the light and keeps it in his pants. I saw an interview with the showrunner who said there was a shift in the unwanted love triangle but it was subtle...if you'd call being whacked over the head with a sledgehammer subtle then sure, it was subtle.

Trudy, as always brings her A game. It's a pity they rarely show her anymore, her bond with Burgess, Atwater and Ruzek should be a highlight of this show and gets wasted more often than not.

So this is 4 out of 6 seasons we've ended with Voight under suspicion of murder....glad to see the writers really stretching themselves to do something different.

• Love 10

I don't think Voight killed Kelton, but Voight killing someone and breaking the law is about as surprising as Raymond Reddington killing someone and breaking the law.

If any of the idiots in the Intelligence Unit want to live and have an actual career, they need to get out of the Intelligence Unit.

Kevin and Trudy are the only characters I care about anymore.  I keep telling them to go find Erin, Fin and Munch, but they aren't listening.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I didn't know Jon Seda was leaving! If that's the case, that is a horrible send off! WTH??  Voight is too obvious to have killed Kelton.  Has to be Antonio!  That makes everything Ruzek is doing pointless. UGH!

• Love 1

I thought Bush's exit was lame but compared to Al and now Antonio’s it was excellent. Given the popularity and tenure of these characters they’ve had the shoddiest send offs. 

Apparently if your not part of the love square there’s zero interest. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Guildford said:

And gah.... Upton would have jumped Jay's bones in the break room given half the chance. How many more co-workers is she going to hook up with? I mean Ruzek's side of the bed is barely cold & she's moved on to the next one. For someone who doesn't date co-workers she's going through them like a dose of salts. Hopefully Halstead sees the light and keeps it in his pants. I saw an interview with the showrunner who said there was a shift in the unwanted love triangle but it was subtle...if you'd call being whacked over the head with a sledgehammer subtle then sure, it was subtle.

Seriously, the last thing I want to see is Upton and Halstead getting together. I was okay with Upton and Ruzek, because I get sick of the partners who fall in love trope. I still find Upton incredibly dull. I may not like some of the other characters, but I tend to find them interesting to watch.

• Love 6

I had no idea that Jon Seda isn't returning.  I suppose it would be too convenient for him to tell the truth.  The guy he talked to said that Voight and Ruzek would also lose their jobs too and that there was no happy ending.

I find it hard to believe that one little packet of drugs would be enough to cause Antonio to overdose.  I also find it hard to believe that he would have killed Kelton.  The timeline didn't seem right.  It showed him sitting in the car doing drugs, and maybe it's just editing, but I thought the Kelton speech was happening at the same time.  However, they found Kelton when it was dark so certainly could be some time.

I also don't understand why Antonio didn't play the chip when he discovered that Heller's daughter was a prostitute.  Why?  What is the justification for not doing so?  He is protecting Heller's daughter and the embarrassment that he would face?  I totally don't understand why he wouldn't use that info and instead allow Adam to go to jail.

The obvious would be Voight.  He gave the speech to Jay about him running the unit and to do things right, and that he was going to see Kelton.  And then you see him driving away as Kelton's body is being found.  How could it not be him?

I've always been an Upton supporter.  I find the actress smoking hot.  I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't mind seeing her hook-up with Jay. I've always thought that Jay and her had more chemistry than Ruzek.  Ruzek is the bad boy.  Jay is the nice guy that you want to bring home to your parents.  But if she broke up with Adam because of it changing how they worked together as cops, then why would it be any different with Jay?

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, greyhorse said:

But if she broke up with Adam because of it changing how they worked together as cops, then why would it be any different with Jay?

It wouldn’t be but so far she’s done the opposite of everything she’s said about dating co workers.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, greyhorse said:

But if she broke up with Adam because of it changing how they worked together as cops, then why would it be any different with Jay?

4 hours ago, Chas411 said:

It wouldn’t be but so far she’s done the opposite of everything she’s said about dating co workers.

Because it had nothing to do with a no dating in the Unit rule, it was more about the fact that those two couldn't work together.

They bought their drama to work & that was the point Trudy was making. It wasn't that it was not allowed it was that those two couldn't be professional & if they wanted to stay together one would have to leave because their relationship was affecting their work.

Upton always saw Ruzek as her inferior & treated him as such, whereas she seems to treat Halstead as her equal. She didn't like Ruzek, trust him or like the way he did his job. He pushed back against her & she doesn't like that. Halstead strokes her ego, tells her he'd follow her anywhere.

At the end of the day the whole Upzek relationship was toxic & designed to prop up the inevitable Upstead ship & put the cliched soap opera roadblock in the path of true love.

Edited by Guildford
  • Love 3

I've always been an Upton supporter.  I find the actress smoking hot.  I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't mind seeing her hook-up with Jay. I've always thought that Jay and her had more chemistry than Ruzek.  Ruzek is the bad boy.  Jay is the nice guy that you want to bring home to your parents. 

I'm a big Upton fan.  I liked the dynamic she brings to the cast.  I didn't mind her with Ruzek, in some ways, it was interesting to me.   I wouldn't be at all adverse if Upton and Jay happened.   She would hardly be the first to get involved with colleagues.   

Trudy told stories, in the early seasons, about how her unit was a buffet for sordid affairs.

I like Upton and Jay's chemistry and in some ways, he seems much more her speed.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, greyhorse said:

I had no idea that Jon Seda isn't returning.  I suppose it would be too convenient for him to tell the truth.  The guy he talked to said that Voight and Ruzek would also lose their jobs too and that there was no happy ending.

I find it hard to believe that one little packet of drugs would be enough to cause Antonio to overdose.  I also find it hard to believe that he would have killed Kelton.  The timeline didn't seem right.  It showed him sitting in the car doing drugs, and maybe it's just editing, but I thought the Kelton speech was happening at the same time.  However, they found Kelton when it was dark so certainly could be some time.

I also don't understand why Antonio didn't play the chip when he discovered that Heller's daughter was a prostitute.  Why?  What is the justification for not doing so?  He is protecting Heller's daughter and the embarrassment that he would face?  I totally don't understand why he wouldn't use that info and instead allow Adam to go to jail.

The obvious would be Voight.  He gave the speech to Jay about him running the unit and to do things right, and that he was going to see Kelton.  And then you see him driving away as Kelton's body is being found.  How could it not be him?

I've always been an Upton supporter.  I find the actress smoking hot.  I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't mind seeing her hook-up with Jay. I've always thought that Jay and her had more chemistry than Ruzek.  Ruzek is the bad boy.  Jay is the nice guy that you want to bring home to your parents.  But if she broke up with Adam because of it changing how they worked together as cops, then why would it be any different with Jay?

It wouldn’t be any different with Jay. She won’t be able to get her emotions in check. She couldn’t do it with Ruzek and she won’t be able to do it with Jay. Knowing Eid, which maybe will work in my favor he can’t write couples to save his life. Upton and Jay will be over before they even started . JMO Upton is one of the most boring characters that Chicago PD has ever had. 

• Love 7
(edited)
10 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Antonio was stupid and selfish not to use that into about the IAD guy’s daughter. I don’t think he killed Mayor McMeatface though.

Originally I did think it was  Antonio that offed Mayor McMeatface. Second thoughts have me leaning to Brennan (Anne Heche). I'm certain it wasn't Voight (too obvious).

Edited by preeya
  • Love 1

I just read that the show was not retaining Jon Seda (the old "we've run out of things to write for the character. No, you wrote him into a corner). How far in advance are these episodes filmed? Did they know that they were writing out Antonio when they filmed the episode, or is it just going to be a convenient "out" that they can pin this on him. 

• Love 1

I only care about Trudy. And really they are not using her. And when they use her, she shines. She is the mother, comic relief, tough love superior. all rolled into one

Antonio I think may had killed that creepy mayor. And then committed suicide over feeling guilty due to it. 

Made us the audience think Voight had done it. But of course he gets arrested or killed, the show goes with him.

On 5/23/2019 at 3:56 AM, Guildford said:

What a crappy ending for Dawson. I'm really sorry he got shafted in this way. He annoyed me at times but they just relentlessly destroyed his character. They could have told him getting addicted in a much more interesting way but instead you get this half assed cock and bull story. 

Yep, what a crappy send off for Jon Seda. And I thought what they did to Elias Koteas last year was bad. And as I said before, Antonio's drug storyline could have been done much better and more realistically if they had slowly built it up over time, instead of just letting him get addicted, put his family at risk, go over the edge, and come back like nothing happened in just about 3 episodes. And then, bring it back up at the tail-end of the season. Just no fluidity at all.

On 5/23/2019 at 7:22 PM, Guildford said:

Because it had nothing to do with a no dating in the Unit rule, it was more about the fact that those two couldn't work together.

They bought their drama to work & that was the point Trudy was making. It wasn't that it was not allowed it was that those two couldn't be professional & if they wanted to stay together one would have to leave because their relationship was affecting their work.

Upton always saw Ruzek as her inferior & treated him as such, whereas she seems to treat Halstead as her equal. She didn't like Ruzek, trust him or like the way he did his job. He pushed back against her & she doesn't like that. Halstead strokes her ego, tells her he'd follow her anywhere.

At the end of the day the whole Upzek relationship was toxic & designed to prop up the inevitable Upstead ship & put the cliched soap opera roadblock in the path of true love.

Their whole relationship was a needless waste of screen time if you ask me. The way they wound up getting together, after her partner almost died, was forced. And their relationship didn't really take them anywhere.

And if Jay and Hailey wind up together, that's just going to ruin their whole partner dynamic. They work so good together as partners, having a platonic relationship, and it lends to realism. Putting them together would be worse than what we're seeing with Matt and Sylvie on Fire. I really wish Dick Wolf would intervene and remember what made his L&O franchise so good. Focus on the crimes and real-life struggles, instead of the romantic drama. Benson and Stabler were together for 12 years, and not one hint of any sexual feelings between the two. 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/23/2019 at 11:37 PM, LittleIggy said:

Antonio was stupid and selfish not to use that into about the IAD guy’s daughter. I don’t think he killed Mayor McMeatface though.

No, he wasn't stupid. Antonio Dawson doesn't play dirty. He's been that way since Season 1. He was being true to who he is. It would have further destroyed his character to see him resort to that. And his conversation with Adam made it more clear, when Adam told him he has to be true to who he is. What they could have done to redeem Antonio's character was to have him confess to the IAD if they left Adam and Voight out of it. He goes to jail, and he can reprise his role in guest star appearances in future seasons. But instead, they show him relapsing. Pathetic.

Edited by WinJet0819
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

Their whole relationship was a needless waste of screen time if you ask me. The way they wound up getting together, after her partner almost died, was forced. And their relationship didn't really take them anywhere.

It was a trainwreck of a storyline that served no purpose but to aggravate the vast majority of the fan base & make them both look like trash.

And Upton who kept her 'relationship' quiet because she didn't want to people to think she was sleeping her way to the top, like she did the previous time she slept with a co-worker, which may or may not have been prior to her sleeping with a co-worker who was killed on an undercover op is now throwing lusty gazes yet another Co-worker's direction barely a week after breaking up with a co-worker. 

Ruzek, who was always a little bit of a smart ass but generally cared about his friends and co-workers basically became a complete asshole.

Such classy story telling.🙄

• Love 5
(edited)

I like Hailey, but I wouldn't want her to set up with Jay, that would make her a bit of a slut, and I don't think she is. Having an awesome platonic friendship with him would be so much more interesting, why does it always have to be about Sex, and the breakups later? 

Edited by Lyanna19
Edit changed slit to slut... Stupid auto correct 🤪🤷‍♂️

How many guys are on this board?  If you were Jay and single, and you had a partner like Upton, come on, you wouldn't want any part of that?  It seems like dating back to the other platform that people just don't like Upton.  Is it because she's pretty?  She seems like a good cop who always does the right thing.

• Love 4
On 5/23/2019 at 3:32 PM, greyhorse said:

I'd rather they not play revolving beds and having them all bang each other . Its gross. Or better yet if they have to why does Atwater get no love? Its also gross People wanting Upton to jump immediately into Halsteads bed from Ruzeks.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, greyhorse said:

How many guys are on this board?  If you were Jay and single, and you had a partner like Upton, come on, you wouldn't want any part of that?  It seems like dating back to the other platform that people just don't like Upton.  Is it because she's pretty?  She seems like a good cop who always does the right thing.

Shes hot. But I'm a guy and I also think its gross all this swapping bed partners crap. 

7 hours ago, Lyanna19 said:

I like Hailey, but I wouldn't want her to set up with Jay, that would make her a bit of a slut, and I don't think she is. Having an awesome platonic friendship with him would be so much more interesting, why does it always have to be about Sex, and the breakups later? 

Wouldnt make her any more of a slut than it would Ruzek or Halstead. 

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, greyhorse said:

What does the actress being 'hot' have to do with anything? She's a beautiful woman & a talented actress, so that means we have to like her character? She's an okay cop who does the right thing when it suits her, but I find her untrustworthy, condescending & sanctimonious. I actually liked her when she first showed up, then the change in showrunner changed her character and now I struggle to find something to like about her. Looks don't dictate whether I like a character or not, it's actually irrelevant.

1 hour ago, jay741982 said:

I'd rather they not play revolving beds and having them all bang each other . Its gross. Or better yet if they have to why does Atwater get no love? Its also gross People wanting Upton to jump immediately into Halsteads bed from Ruzeks.

It's been skeevy for a while, even the offical social media accounts were talking up 'Upstead' while she was still screwing Ruzek. They all need to stop fishing from the company pier. They are good looking people, with good jobs...for the love of god go to Molly's, join a gym, join a book club & meet someone who doesn't share the locker beside yours.

1 hour ago, jay741982 said:

Shes hot. But I'm a guy and I also think its gross all this swapping bed partners crap. 

Wouldnt make her any more of a slut than it would Ruzek or Halstead. 

It doesn't, I don't care if you are male or female. It just makes them ManSluts...an equally unattractive character trait.

Edited by Guildford
Just spelling
  • Love 4

Agreeing with a lot of opinions here.

#1, how do they continue to waste the Trudy character? She is a huge asset and they basically ignore her now. This weird ceasing of Intelligence interacting with the uniforms is difficult to understand, which was the conduit of many of Trudy’s scenes. I know we don’t have Atwater and Burgess in uniform any more, but seriously, you can’t add another uniform or 2 actors of some value to integrate into storylines?  The last couple weeks it seemed like Intelligence was understaffed, missing out on obvious surveillance and other tasks that could have been done by calling on a couple uniforms like the always did with Burgess or Atwater or Roman. WTF? What am I missing?

I’m a guy, and Halley is seriously hot. They try to tone down her appearance a lot. I just don’t like her sanctimonious attitude looking down her nose at people when she feels like it. And she flat out disrespected Ruzek from the start, he’s just too immature to understand that. Of course Jay would be all over that given the chance, but it would destroy their partnership relationship. And while I’m not against the squad sleeping with each other, everyone does it so much it’s not really that interesting. You are surprised when someone isn’t sleeping with someone. It’s like everyone on Med always miraculously saved on the OR table.

Disclaimer, I’m still hopelessly in love with Burgess.

I was tired of Antonio. Never liked him at all. And he lets Ruzek walk out in cuffs and not play the hooker daughter of the IA investigator card? Screw him. Ruzek is everything a brother cop should be and everything druggie boy is not. And sacrificing himself for someone who wouldn’t consider doing the same sucks, but that’s one of the best things about Ruzek, despite his horrifying Lumberjacksexual  hair and beard look.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, SG11 said:

I was tired of Antonio. Never liked him at all. And he lets Ruzek walk out in cuffs and not play the hooker daughter of the IA investigator card? Screw him. Ruzek is everything a brother cop should be and everything druggie boy is not. And sacrificing himself for someone who wouldn’t consider doing the same sucks, but that’s one of the best things about Ruzek, despite his horrifying Lumberjacksexual  hair and beard look.

If you watched Antonio from season 1, it is not in his character to use dirt on someone. Antonio is who he is, and Ruzek reinforced that when he told Antonio he was protecting him because he's being true to who he is. As soon as he learned the hooker was the IA cops daughter, you could already tell that he wasn't going to go down that route. It would have been redeeming for him to turn himself in and confess to the killing. But the writers totally destroyed the Dawson character this season by giving him that druggie storyline. It was out of nowhere, and it wasn't presented well at all. He deserved a much better send off than just sitting in his car relapsing on oxy again.

• Love 1
(edited)

Personally I think using a child to get to the dad is pretty lowdown. Thumbs up to Antonio for not going down that route, my opinion of him just shot up. 

Also im pretty sure her dad knows what kind of lifestyle his daughter leads, I mean that would be obvious right? 

Edited by Lyanna19
Typo
  • Love 2
On 5/27/2019 at 8:50 AM, Lyanna19 said:

Personally I think using a child to get to the dad is pretty lowdown. Thumbs up to Antonio for not going down that route, my opinion of him just shot up. 

Also im pretty sure her dad knows what kind of lifestyle his daughter leads, I mean that would be obvious right? 

She’s not a child, she’s a hooker. Part of her chosen profession results in police contact and the occasional tour in custody anyway.  We aren’t talking about some child Girl Scout. Leaving his brother in a cell, who was covering for him, makes my opinion of him impossible to be lower. 

• Love 1
On 5/27/2019 at 1:14 AM, WinJet0819 said:

If you watched Antonio from season 1, it is not in his character to use dirt on someone. Antonio is who he is, and Ruzek reinforced that when he told Antonio he was protecting him because he's being true to who he is. As soon as he learned the hooker was the IA cops daughter, you could already tell that he wasn't going to go down that route. It would have been redeeming for him to turn himself in and confess to the killing. But the writers totally destroyed the Dawson character this season by giving him that druggie storyline. It was out of nowhere, and it wasn't presented well at all. He deserved a much better send off than just sitting in his car relapsing on oxy again.

I’m aware he’s being true to his character, but then again Mr Clean strayed from his “character” once he became a druggie, right?  Lots of people on that show... Hell, in real life, unfortunately have to compromise what they would prefer not to do in some of their worst moments. But it’s not worth tarnishing his precious “character” (lol) to pressure a guy and his adult hooker daughter if it means saving the brother who literally went to jail for him. Dawson’s character is selfish and a joke. His status as a drug addict getting high in his car while Ruzek sits in a cell is much greater than his role as a sniveling coward who lets his own pay for his crimes.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, SG11 said:

She’s not a child, she’s a hooker. Part of her chosen profession results in police contact and the occasional tour in custody anyway.  We aren’t talking about some child Girl Scout. Leaving his brother in a cell, who was covering for him, makes my opinion of him impossible to be lower. 

Yes, but I'm gonna say her dad is aware that she's a hooker so what would be the point for Antonio to bring it up? Embarrassment? Pretty sure he (the dad) knows that it could be used against him, so wouldn't he have safeguards in place? I mean it's not his fault  (I hope!) that his daughter chose that life, 

But regardless, be she 13 or 30, I'm thinking Antonio is looking at it from a father's perspective. 

Yes I feel bad that Ruzec is taking the fall here, if Antonio were truly moral (I guess he wouldn't be in this situation to begin with but...) he would go and "confess his sin" 😂 couldn't resist using that line

7 hours ago, Lyanna19 said:

Yes, but I'm gonna say her dad is aware that she's a hooker so what would be the point for Antonio to bring it up? Embarrassment? Pretty sure he (the dad) knows that it could be used against him, so wouldn't he have safeguards in place? I mean it's not his fault  (I hope!) that his daughter chose that life, 

But regardless, be she 13 or 30, I'm thinking Antonio is looking at it from a father's perspective. 

Yes I feel bad that Ruzec is taking the fall here, if Antonio were truly moral (I guess he wouldn't be in this situation to begin with but...) he would go and "confess his sin" 😂 couldn't resist using that line

Oh, I agree with you that Dad has to know, and I also wonder how effective using this play would be. I just have problems with the concept that Antonio chose not to, due to his superior “morality” and character.  If he said to someone “I don’t see this working for me” I would have been fine with it.

• Love 1

And the lazy One Chicago writing continues. I liked how every attempt to "get" Kelton failed. In a network TV season finale, having everything go wrong in the worst possible way is a great plot device...provided the good guys pull of a plausible miracle and ultimately prevail as the closing credits hit, or it goes into a seriously steep cliffhanger. But this was a steaming pile of dog$#!+ of an ending. Kill the big-bad when legal maneuvers fail. I don't care who did it. It's bad writing and, like most of One Chicago, a disservice to viewers with triple digit IQs.

If Seda is indeed out, why not make it clear that he did the deed, maybe doing the whole murder-suicide thing clearly on camera--or else he gets written out cleanly. If this was his final appearance on PD then it stunk like a month-old carp hidden in the air conditioning vents in July. And don't ask me how I came up with that analogy.

As far as Upton, I don't like her, and I don't like her actor, Spiradakos. While I'm sure she's probably a wonderful human being, doesn't kick puppies, and loves her mother, the fact is she just can't act. She has one facial expression and it grates on me. I first saw her in Revolution about 8 years ago; I liked her at first but the same plastic expression and lack of depth were evident. Yes, she's drop-dead gorgeous but there's gotta be more than that. I'd much rather a less-attractive lead actress who can bring a viewer to peals of laughter or weeping like a child with just a facial expression, the shrug of a shoulder, or some other non-verbal cue. Alison O'Donnell ("Tosh" on BBC's Shetland) can do that. Tracy Spiradakos can't. 

And I don't care who she (or any other character) is bonking, unless it's a healthy relationship between actors who have great chemistry together. Needless to say, this ain't the case here.

As for relationships with co-workers, I worked in a TV station newsroom many moons ago, and one very hot reporter was known as "a great girl to have around the newsroom...and everybody has." She had a good career, but a terrible reputation after a while, and she ultimately quit when an inevitable breakup turned toxic with a buddy of mine.

• Love 4
On 5/25/2019 at 5:04 PM, Lyanna19 said:

Because that reflects real life. I worked in a male-dominated job for years, and had regular contact with cops and firefighters - personal relationships were rampant, from one-night stands to marriages and everything in between. Getting involved with coworkers in nearly any profession is extremely common. Honestly, at this point I would find it completely unrealistic if Hailey and Jay didn't hook up.

On 5/25/2019 at 9:47 PM, greyhorse said:

I've liked her from the jump, and continue to like her and find her character interesting. Kind of confused about all the negative response she gets, but different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

• Love 4
On 6/1/2019 at 1:44 PM, Gothish520 said:

Getting involved with coworkers in nearly any profession is extremely common. Honestly, at this point I would find it completely unrealistic if Hailey and Jay didn't hook up.

This. So many relationships start out in the workplace, especially considering that most people spend more time with their co-workers than they do with people outside the office. It doesn't really surprise me when people hook up with their co-workers on TV. I met Mr. Lily at work myself. That being said, most of the people I know, myself included, do not have/have not had relationships with people they work directly with on a day-to-day basis. It's usually people in other departments. The only thing surprising about Jay and Hailey is that they didn't hook up a long time ago. I was expecting it from the second they started working together. I was more surprised that she picked Adam first.

On 5/30/2019 at 9:22 PM, NJRadioGuy said:

As far as Upton, I don't like her, and I don't like her actor, Spiradakos. While I'm sure she's probably a wonderful human being, doesn't kick puppies, and loves her mother, the fact is she just can't act. She has one facial expression and it grates on me. I first saw her in Revolution about 8 years ago; I liked her at first but the same plastic expression and lack of depth were evident.

I'm not fond of the actress either and my frame of reference is the exact same as yours. When she first turned up on PD, I remember turning to my friend and going, "Ugh, it's that girl." I didn't like her on Revolution and I don't like her here.

On 6/3/2019 at 4:15 PM, JenLily said:

I'm not fond of the actress either and my frame of reference is the exact same as yours. When she first turned up on PD, I remember turning to my friend and going, "Ugh, it's that girl." I didn't like her on Revolution and I don't like her here.

It's almost the exact opposite situation than with Gabbie Dawson (Monica Raymund) on Fire. Raymund can truly nail a performance when she's given material to work with. Problem was, her character stunk up the show to high heaven, and I desperately wanted her ("Dawson") gone. Raymund, I miss. Dawson, I don't.

In this case, I get what/who Upton is supposed to be, but it just comes out all wrong. There are a gajillion more talented actors who could have played the role; a combination of smokin'hawt and smart badass. Just off the top of my head, imagine if Norma Kuhling, the actor who played Ava Bekker on Med, had been cast as Upton instead? She'd have nailed the part.

• Love 2
On 6/3/2019 at 4:15 PM, JenLily said:

This. So many relationships start out in the workplace, especially considering that most people spend more time with their co-workers than they do with people outside the office. It doesn't really surprise me when people hook up with their co-workers on TV. I met Mr. Lily at work myself. That being said, most of the people I know, myself included, do not have/have not had relationships with people they work directly with on a day-to-day basis. It's usually people in other departments. The only thing surprising about Jay and Hailey is that they didn't hook up a long time ago. I was expecting it from the second they started working together. I was more surprised that she picked Adam first.

Exactly. But I like that they had her get involved with Ruzek first, because it gave Hailey and Jay time to build a working friendship. 

Mr. Gothish and I met at our previous job, but as you say, we did not have steady direct contact on a daily basis at work (unless we wanted to, like going to lunch together). I did date a guy that I worked directly with, and when the relationship went bad it was extremely difficult and painful to be stuck in a small office with him, and have to see him almost daily. I get why people say it's a bad idea, believe me, but I also know human nature, and when you have people seeing each other regularly, it's natural for things to develop.

• Love 3

I am definitely in the minority because I've found the show much more gripping this season, minus one or two missteps.  I have never been a fan of Med and Fire, meh, but PD has been lit IMO.

The cases and the characters have been more engrossing for me.   And I've come to really care about Upton.  She's smart, independent, capable but frequently seems in over her head on personal matters. And the actress does well with concealed/buried vulnerability.  Even when she is opening up emotional, sometimes it feels like she is trying to pull back and remain contained.  I find it interesting and effecting.   There is a quiet sadness to Hailey.

I still maintain, Adam cared about Hailey more then she cared about him.  She ended up feeling for him, more than she expected but was never as all in as he was.   Whether it was because she is more drawn to Halstead or what, I couldn't say.  Hailey chose to pull the plug but had it been up to Adam, I think they would still be together.

Jay/Hailey, I do think there is something there.  I think it will be a while before either acts on it but I do think their feelings run deeper than platonic.  On both their parts.   I like their chemistry so I am in favor of them hooking up some day and I'm with those that have no problem with co-workers hooking up.   During the attack on the van it was interesting that Hailey's first instinct was to go for her weapon, Halstead's first instinct was to protect Hailey.  Fits both their characters.

I wonder where Upton was at the end of the episode.  There is speculation that she killed Kelton but I honestly can't see it.

• Love 4

@Advance35

Nicely said! 😊 

I've wanted a Halstead and Hailey relationship from the beginning. My only concerns were that Halstead just came out from a relationship within the group. (remember Lindsey?) 

That she hooked up with Ruzek was disappointing to say the least. I could see the vital friendship that she and Halstead had developing into love, and then this faceslap, (not that I don't like Ruzek, but I liked him with Burgess, and I still think there could be something there.) 

The romantic in me can see the relationship between Halstead and Hailey, the realist in me can't see it staying around. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Love 1

I don't like Rick Eid as showrunner but I'm hoping he doesn't make Upton and Halstead a couple. I just don't see any romantic chemistry between them. Kind of wish they get rid of Upton and bring someone new or keep Antonio. 

• Love 1

Finally got around to watching this episode and unless every other new and returning show I want to watch gets cancelled I am done with this show. As much as the show wanted me to feel bad about it, I didn't really care that a guy who covered up the murder of someone in police custody was going to jail. And, as much as Voight's unit breaks the law on a regular basis it seemed ridiculous how much work they were doing trying to keep Ruzek and Antonio out of jail, when that isbexactly where they should be.

Hello, is there a good soul familiar with the lingo used in the series that would be willing to help me clarify lots of terms in this episode please? I have to translate subtitles for this s06/ep22 but lots of the lingo is unknown to me... I usually try to research everything online but not always successful with some terms and then I need to take a blind guess, but thought if I reached out to native speaker who knows the exact meaning of some phrase/word, I`d be really lucky...