Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E22: With A Brave Heart

• Start Topic

Does not explicitly state, but looking at the date and episode number, this must be the season finale. So that's all 'til next fall, gang!

Dr. Charles and Caroline set some major plans. Ava fights to keep her relationship with Connor. Agent Lee informs Will of news that may put his life in danger.

• Love 1

I was underwhelmed.  For starters, I was expecting some resolution to who killed Connor's father, so I was disappointed that that was left hanging.  Also, I'm not convinced that that's the end of the Connor/Ava saga.  Ugh.

I did like the return of Dr. Latham, and I wonder if The Code was cancelled and he's returning to Chicago Med? 

Also, I thought Caroline looked gorgeous in that red dress.  

I'm usually on Team Choi, but I didn't think it was necessary to snark on Bernie about his wife and daughter earlier in the show.  Enough already.  Just be glad that the sister and the baby have found a home.  Now he can worry about pregnant April.  Ugh.

Too bad about Maggie.  I didn't care that Natalie got bumped off.  I'm not counting on her being dead unless the actress has another role lined up.  There was no resolution about the baby's creepy father either.  I guess we're supposed to assume that he wasn't sketchy?

• Love 5

What the what was that ending?  When NBC announced that Colin Donnell (Connor) and Norma Kuhling (Ava) were leaving I expected something around that. Instead we get a cliff-hanger with Natalie and Will, neither of whom will ever leave the show.

I'm glad Charles got his second wedding to Caroline, sorry that she's about to die.  

It's nice that Colin Donnell finally got to share a scene with Patty Murin. They have chemistry, not all couples do.

Latham!!!! So nice to see him back."I learn a new language every year. This year it's HIndi."  They need to use him more and also Abramson.

Speaking of Latham, why were Will and Natalie answer the cardiology questions when Lathar, the cardiac surgeon, was standing right there signing.

The Emily solution was the only thing that would have worked to keep the baby. Because now there is at least one adult in the house. April, on the other hand, remains a narcissistic drama queen. Take a damn pregnancy test and find out before you tell Choi.

Maggie has metasized breast cancer now? She really can't catch a break.

16 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I was underwhelmed.  For starters, I was expecting some resolution to who killed Connor's father, so I was disappointed that that was left hanging.

He died of an insulin overdose (like Elizabeth Witlauer's patients) when he didn't have diabetes. Ava said that now she and Connor can be together because the obstacle (Mr. Rhodes) in the way is gone.  When Connor told her they were done, she called him a rude name and stormed out.

Sounds to me like it was Ava who knocked off Papa Rhodes.

• Love 12
(edited)

Cliffhangers galore:

Maggie: Breast cancer

Insulin overdose (suspicious death) Rhoders & Bekker leaving the show????

April preggers (is it Choi's)

Natalie dead???? with the other guy left holding a ring.

3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I did like the return of Dr. Latham, and I wonder if The Code was cancelled and he's returning to Chicago Med? 

The Code has been cancelled.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 3

My boyfriend Dr. Abrams is da Man! 😆 I love his deadpan delivery. BTW, the guy he operated on is Wayne Brady’s sidekick on Let’s Make a Deal.

Hope the actor who plays Dr. Latham will be back next season since his new gig was cancelled. Love Dr. Latham. 

They used the B. Smith situation for one of the patient stories, I see. 

Poor Maggie!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

What the what was that ending?  When NBC announced that

Hide contents

Colin Donnell (Connor) and Norma Kuhling (Ava) were leaving

I expected something around that. Instead we get a cliff-hanger with Natalie and Will, neither of whom will ever leave the show.

I was also waiting for something more about Connor and Ava. It would be too bad if they just vanished from the show with barely an explanation. On the other hand, is the show worth tuning back into come fall?

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

They made it look that way but if its the case it would be going too far, in my opinion. Dislikable as Ava Bekker may be, could they have they really turned her into a man-obsessed murderer?

Maggie not only bears the burden of having metastatic breast cancer, she also has to deal with the guilt of having given it to a friend she was trying to help. She really CAN'T catch a break.

I liked the idea of both Maggie and Dr. Latham being able to sign to the hearing impaired couple.

Disappointing that they made a big cliffhanger about Will and Natalie. That relationship is so tired by now, they've been going at it since early Season 1.

• Love 7

The Chicago shows are sending their characters off in such a strange manner this season. Is that really the last we see of Connor and Ava? I always thought she was crazy, but crazy enough to kill his father so they could “be together?” And no resolution to that?  No hint of where she or Connor end up? It was just too weird.

Im sad for Maggie. Don’t feel anything for Natalie because we know she’s not dying. 

• Love 7

As shit as this show is they had built up enough plot this season to produce a decent cliffhanger.

So naturally they couldn’t even do hat right and everything has been left all over the place.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

What is it with these writers and their insistence that every single character has to have a cliffhanger ending every single season? All it does it make for half assed storylines that come out of nowhere & make no sense.

That finale was a mess, as per usual.

Pick one storyline and stick with it, all that jumping around gave me whiplash. This show is overwrought, over acted & lacks depth.

• Love 10
(edited)

Agree with many other posters on this finale.   I felt it was an unsatisfying, disappointing and a horribly unresolved ending with Conner/Robyn/Ava.    Are we fans to "read between the lines" to think-believe Ava was confirming she killed the father to clear the way for them to be together?  I presume there will be some type of "explanation" (on departures) in the 1st-2nd eppys of S5; I only hope it's plausible.   With all the fan uproar with Colin Donnell leaving (could care less about the Ava character), maybe the showrunner will reconsider and Colin will return for a recurring guest role   Who knows!   And I wasn't aware The Code had been cancelled so even if Dr. Latham returns to Chicago Med, there won't be the chemistry, respect and mentoring that I loved between Rhodes and Latham - big miss!

For me, the only bright spots of the episode were the return of Dr. Latham, Dr. Charles/CeCe's wedding and even the acerbic Dr. Abrams - what a no-nonsense character!.  

The rest of the episode was forgettable.  I'm not sure why we're revisiting old storylines (guess some may be a set up for next season) but it just doesn't hold my interest.  Manstead - why are they determined to reunite these characters?  I knew he wouldn't relocate and, of course, she won't die.   Poor self-sacrificing Maggie - now burdened with MBC, seriously?   Bernie/Emily with their unconventional and plain weird "plan" (was that to be a corollary to the Alzheimer woman (Joan?), husband and Roxanne?)  I don't know why Bernie's wife would agree to this; after all, they are still  married.   Asinine storyline.  Only silver lining is perhaps that's the last we'll see of Bernie/Emily!

Sexton a bit sickening "happily" working together again.  But hold on - they've been together for a hot second and now she's potentially pregnant?  Just NO to this.   It didn't work out so well with Tate (a true Mr. Nice Guy) when she was engaged, pregnant  and seemingly happy either but I'm sure, this will be all unicorns and rainbows *sigh/eye roll*

Manstead/Phillip - Guess Phillip is out of the picture (way too soon for his proposal) as we know this dramatic event will only push Manstead back together *double sigh* especially after Agent Lee was so magnanimous to tell Maggie how "good a guy/never find anyone better" Will is - PUH LEEZE but maybe she (Agent Lee) sees that those two deserve each other, LOL!!

Edited by cathmed
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

He died of an insulin overdose (like Elizabeth Witlauer's patients) when he didn't have diabetes. Ava said that now she and Connor can be together because the obstacle (Mr. Rhodes) in the way is gone.  When Connor told her they were done, she called him a rude name and stormed out.

Yeah, I know that he died of an insulin overdose and it seems like Ava did it; however, my point is that there was no definitive answer in the finale, and that was disappointing. 

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Yeah, I know that he died of an insulin overdose and it seems like Ava did it; however, my point is that there was no definitive answer in the finale, and that was disappointing. 

34 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Too obvious that Bekker did it. I'm still waiting to see if the COO lady did it because of Mr. Rhodes threat about renewing her contract.

• Love 3

While I know that Maggie was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer, I missed the beginning of her conversation with Sharon about Maggie's friend and the kidney.  How was the friend affected?  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, watcher1006 said:
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

What the what was that ending?  When NBC announced that

Reveal spoiler

Colin Donnell (Connor) and Norma Kuhling (Ava) were leaving

I expected something around that. Instead we get a cliff-hanger with Natalie and Will, neither of whom will ever leave the show.

I was also waiting for something more about Connor and Ava. It would be too bad if they just vanished from the show with barely an explanation

Just the way it was announced, I don't think the writers, or anyone else, planned for this show to be the last of Connor and may not Ava either.  I have never liked Ava so I am ok if I never see her again but, for my life, I will never understand the decision to get rid of Dr. Rhodes.  He is basically the male lead, he is a fan favorite and the actor seemed to really love being on the show.  It seems like it was not the actors choice to leave, and it seemed to happen well after they filmed the finale.  so it really makes no sense to me at all. I will really miss him! 

• Love 12
42 minutes ago, cam3150 said:

Just the way it was announced, I don't think the writers, or anyone else, planned for this show to be the last of Connor and may not Ava either.  I have never liked Ava so I am ok if I never see her again but, for my life, I will never understand the decision to get rid of Dr. Rhodes.  He is basically the male lead, he is a fan favorite and the actor seemed to really love being on the show.  It seems like it was not the actors choice to leave, and it seemed to happen well after they filmed the finale.  so it really makes no sense to me at all. I will really miss him! 

Absolutely agree (you just left out that he is hot, too!). Just get rid of Ava and bring back Latham. Rhodes and Latham had a great dynamic.

• Love 13
(edited)
4 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

(you just left out that he is hot, too!)

Well, that just goes without saying. I will miss him, his hotness, and that beard. ❤️

Edited by cam3150
  • Love 6

It makes zero sense to leave Natalie and Will in a cliffhanger and Connor and Ava unfinished when we know that the latter two are leaving and the former two never will.

12 hours ago, watcher1006 said:

They made it look that way but if its the case it would be going too far, in my opinion. Dislikable as Ava Bekker may be, could they have they really turned her into a man-obsessed murderer?

They've been toying with her being a sociopath since she "talked" Rhodes Sr. into paying for the joint OR/ER.

3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

While I know that Maggie was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer, I missed the beginning of her conversation with Sharon about Maggie's friend and the kidney.  How was the friend affected?  

She developed tumors on the liver that Maggie had donated to her. When they did a biopsy on the tumors, they found out that the cells were metastasize breast cancer cells. Maggie hasn't been formally diagnosed yet; we saw Sharon taking her off to get a mammogram.

4 hours ago, preeya said:

I'm still waiting to see if the COO lady did it because of Mr. Rhodes threat about renewing her contract.

I forgot about her, that wrap-up something else that should have been in the finale. 

Realistically, since she's not medical staff, it would have been hard for her to get hold of the insulin and inject it, especially since Papa Rhodes was conscious and suspicious of her, but this show...

5 hours ago, cathmed said:

With all the fan uproar with Colin Donnell leaving (could care less about the Ava character), maybe the showrunner will reconsider and Colin will return for a recurring guest role   Who knows!   And I wasn't aware The Code had been cancelled so even if Dr. Latham returns to Chicago Med, there won't be the chemistry, respect and mentoring that I loved between Rhodes and Latham - big miss!

2 hours ago, cam3150 said:

I have never liked Ava so I am ok if I never see her again but, for my life, I will never understand the decision to get rid of Dr. Rhodes.  He is basically the male lead, he is a fan favorite and the actor seemed to really love being on the show.  It seems like it was not the actors choice to leave, and it seemed to happen well after they filmed the finale.  so it really makes no sense to me at all. I will really miss him! 

He's so much better than Halstead, or at least he was before he got into the relationship with Ava. I'm not surprised if they wanted to get rid of him.

I miss the Connor of the first two seasons.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I forgot about her, that wrap-up something else that should have been in the finale. 

Realistically, since she's not medical staff, it would have been hard for her to get hold of the insulin and inject it, especially since Papa Rhodes was conscious and suspicious of her, but this show...

She's the COO with an attitude. I'm sure she could have coerced someone into getting her a vile of insulin; or perhaps she's a diabetic and has her own supply. In this day and age, anything related to drugs is possible.

After watching the happenings in this episode, it seems obvious that the finale was written before any decision was forthcoming about the Connor and Ava departures. I wonder how much filming, if any, was done after the finale went to production in order to resolve the issues between them and the suspicious death of the father.  In the past, viewers were told that the issues between the father and Connor came about over the father resentment that his son did not follow him in the family business. Lately, the writers tell us that Connor hated his father growing up because of his infidelity and the resulting emotional harm caused his mother. Yet, Connor easily believes the worst about Ava ever since the truth comes out about the enhanced operating room funding. The whole relationship story between them has become cringe worthy, but Ava was right that Coonor is a real prick just like the arrogant father.

That Rhodes/Bekker BS had to be filmed before the actors were canned! How can they possibly explain that in the new season?  Natalie is like a cat with nine lives.  I would love for them to kill her off, but she'll be around forever.  Bekker is a psycho and I never bought the Rhodes relationship.  I couldn't care less about her but Rhodes is a true loss.  One of the only interesting characters on the show!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, VinceW said:

Lately, the writers tell us that Connor hated his father growing up because of his infidelity and the resulting emotional harm caused his mother. Yet, Connor easily believes the worst about Ava ever since the truth comes out about the enhanced operating room funding.

Connor's fight with his father was always about his mother since the first episode Daddy Rhodes came on (along with Connor's sister who seems to have disappeared). Connor blamed his father for his mother's suicide.

The connection to these last two episodes is that Connor believed his father was lying about Mama Rhodes' depression and illness and then while looking through the family picture albums, Connor realize that his father was telling the truth and that his mother was chronically and extremely depressed. Now Connor wonders if his father might have been telling the trust about Ava sleeping with him to get the money too.

8 minutes ago, VinceW said:

Ava was right that Coonor is a real prick just like the arrogant father.

Ava told him that they can get together again, now that the obstacle to it is removed (Connor's father is dead). Connor replied "Our relationship is over".  Ava got angry and walked off.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/23/2019 at 6:55 PM, statsgirl said:

...The connection to these last two episodes is that Connor believed his father was lying about Mama Rhodes' depression and illness and then while looking through the family picture albums, Connor realize that his father was telling the truth and that his mother was chronically and extremely depressed. Now Connor wonders if his father might have been telling the trust about Ava sleeping with him to get the money too...

Connor might now realize that he wrongly blamed his father for the mother suicide death, but the writers never explained her depression episodes between 1988-1994 as just chronic illness. Connor knew about the father cheating at an early age. He knows the truth now about that, but he also realizes that he could be wrong about Ava.

Connor conversion with Robin -"I thought that it was his cheating that drove her to kill herself.  All these years, I blamed my dad for her death. What else (Ava) am I inventing?"

Connor thought the worst about Ava taken from the father over the funding long before he realized the past truths from his childhood. 

If the writers intended to evolve Ava into some kind of 'fatal attraction' character, then the same thing can happen to other regulars as well which makes the show not worth watching next season. IMO

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 1
(edited)

For such a low impact, low velocity crash, Nat's dramatic fling out the car door was epically funny. Along with the dying, staggering bleeding buffoon of a villain the whole thing was just hilariously bad.

I got hit harder when I got t-boned at an intersection & all I ended up with was a black eye whilst writing off my car. 

Edited by Guildford
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, statsgirl said:

She developed tumors on the liver that Maggie had donated to her. When they did a biopsy on the tumors, they found out that the cells were metastasize breast cancer cells. Maggie hasn't been formally diagnosed yet; we saw Sharon taking her off to get a mammogram.

Is it possible to have the cancer spread like this and not knowing that you have breast cancer? I mean, she is a nurse, wouldn't she be checking herself and knowing about it before it became so serious? And wouldn't the liver be tested as well? Wouldn't her levels be high and the alarm sound? 

11 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

Natalie is like a cat with nine lives.  I would love for them to kill her off, but she'll be around forever. 

I prefer to think of her as a zombie. 

2 hours ago, alexvillage said:

Is it possible to have the cancer spread like this and not knowing that you have breast cancer? I mean, she is a nurse, wouldn't she be checking herself and knowing about it before it became so serious? And wouldn't the liver be tested as well? Wouldn't her levels be high and the alarm sound? 

If I remember correctly, Sharon asked her when was the last time she had a mammogram, and from the look on Maggie's face, apparently it had been a long time--or maybe she'd never had one.  Which is especially stupid for a nurse. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

Natalie is like a cat with nine lives.  I would love for them to kill her off, but she'll be around forever.

Suppose they put me in charge of this show, told me Natalie must survive and continue being a doctor, and chained me to my desk so I couldn't run away.  I would decide that her head injury caused brain trauma that changed her personality.  Starting with a very long recovery time.  Not sure brain trauma could cause someone to make better decisions, so we might have to settle for her becoming less confident and asking for a second opinion much sooner than she did before.

• LOL 2

I keep hoping a video will show up that will prove Connors dad wasn't lying about Ava. 

Oh well, maybe something better will come up, Ava is a psycho, Connor you can be an arrogant ass sometimes, but you still deserve someone better than Ava. Don't you dare let her get under your skin, (or sheets for that matter, ever again!) 

• Love 1

What would be Robin's motive?

On 5/24/2019 at 6:30 AM, alexvillage said:

Is it possible to have the cancer spread like this and not knowing that you have breast cancer? I mean, she is a nurse, wouldn't she be checking herself and knowing about it before it became so serious?

I'm not a doctor. But i was told that it there is no indication  can take 3 years for cancer cells to grow into something large enough to be detected during a breast self-exam. If it was a fast growing cancer, maybe it could have metastasized before she noticed she even had it. 

• Love 2
On 5/24/2019 at 11:15 AM, Driad said:

Suppose they put me in charge of this show, told me Natalie must survive and continue being a doctor, and chained me to my desk so I couldn't run away.  I would decide that her head injury caused brain trauma that changed her personality.  Starting with a very long recovery time.  Not sure brain trauma could cause someone to make better decisions, so we might have to settle for her becoming less confident and asking for a second opinion much sooner than she did before.

If you were put in charge of the show you would have to let go of logic and reality, so whatever you decided about her personality would stick better than the stuff they are coming up with. Now, you would still face the problem that the actress cannot act, so the long recovery would be the only thing that would really help, provided she didn't have t open her mouth, or her eyes. 

• Love 2

Is it bad that I laughed at that “crash” scene. No way did that collision at that speed have enough force to push idiot Natalie out a closed car door, cause idiot Will to seemingly lose consciousness, AND cause enough damage to the other driver to cause him to barely be able to get out of the car and then immediately collapse. 

And someone needs to give April a pamphlet on birth control. Isn’t this her SECOND unplanned pregnancy?

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, shksabelle said:

And someone needs to give April a pamphlet on birth control. Isn’t this her SECOND unplanned pregnancy?

Yeah, I'd forgotten about that first pregnancy. 

Add Maggie into the mix with not getting mammograms, and they're pretty stupid, especially being nurses.

• Love 1

K, Dr Abrams is the new underused Star on this show. They got rid of the interesting antisocial little bizarre blonde Jr Doc... let’s have more of this guy.

What a train wreck that finale was.I think we watch Med because it’s so stupid so often its comedy relief. Natajerk tumbles out of the car with that little wreck like she was shot out of a cannon... it looked like a cartoon! Doc Red, who partially lost  his obnoxious love because he (rightfully) wouldn’t give up his firearm, DOESNT HAVE IT when he is in danger of being murdered? And dizzy fat boy murderer guy, slams Doc Reds car instead of calmly waiting to him to walk to his car and put 2 in his skull? WHAT?

PS... how much time has gone on? How did that guy do his jail time and get out of jail already, without the Choi Family’s adopted baby not being in High School by now???

PSS, April, yikes she was hoooooot when dressed in regular clothes. Good job, ChoiDoc. I make fun of April routinely but, yikes.

Oh, and The Beard is leaving, thank God. How are they going to write him and Ava out of the story the way it was left? 

So, if Doc Shrink moves to another state, can he get another job where the let him hang around the ER for no apparent legitimate reason his entire shift?

This full time soap opera that happens to have medical topics from time to time is hilarious.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

the good: the wedding was sweet

So nice to see Dr. Latham--the bit about learning a new language each year was hilarious-- and the neuro guy is so funny. He just kills me. I do fear if they start featuring them more, they will ruin their characters.

the bad: basically everything else. The end, of course, had me hoping Natalie is gone but how could we be that lucky. I agree with others on "how did that crash kill the bad guy and throw Natalie out of the car?"

I wanted to FBI agent to be telling Natalie about Will's situation because it makes sense to stay away from him--not just because Will/Nat suck as a couple but because he's going to get taken out by the mob. Don't be sitting next to him when that happens.

It seems everyone on here has to be a psycho--the new Nat boyfriend and apparently Ava. I'd prefer more normal people with issues.

Can we get more of the pathologist? she went well with Will.

• Love 3
On 5/25/2019 at 4:55 PM, Lyanna19 said:

I keep hoping a video will show up that will prove Connors dad wasn't lying about Ava. 

Oh well, maybe something better will come up, Ava is a psycho, Connor you can be an arrogant ass sometimes, but you still deserve someone better than Ava. Don't you dare let her get under your skin, (or sheets for that matter, ever again!) 

It was creepy that she kept hitting on Connor using his father's death with the lingering touches and putting herself in his personal space in offering her vagina her condolences. Connor looked shocked and repulsed by her actions more than anything else. 

Anywho, this show needs a new showrunner and/or new writers cause S4 was overall not very good and too often just ludicrous.

• Love 4
On 5/26/2019 at 3:36 PM, SG11 said:

Natajerk tumbles out of the car with that little wreck like she was shot out of a cannon... it looked like a cartoon!

That's what I saw too. 

On 5/26/2019 at 3:36 PM, SG11 said:

K, Dr Abrams is the new underused Star on this show. They got rid of the interesting antisocial little bizarre blonde Jr Doc... let’s have more of this guy

I liked him too, maybe because I dislike everyone else. My impossible wish is that he shows up to be our voices, to the those doctors and nurses how bad they are at everything and how absurdly they do and think things.

Again, biggest pet peeve of all in this show - which is a hard thing to pick: people who go to the ER and then need surgery DO NOT GO BACK TO THE ER. If they don't have beds, they don't do the surgery. If they need non-emergency surgery, they schedule for another time because medicine does't work like this, if they do need emergency surgery and the hospital doesn't have beds, they are going to stay in the recovery area, not back at the ER.

And ow nice it is to have a hospital in one of the biggest cities in the country - where two doctors are available to check on ER patients as soon as they are rolled in, then show up with a third doctor and just stay there to listen to the specialist, as if they are not ER doctors?

• Love 4

Natalie’s car door was open so it isn’t inconceivable that she was thrown. But yeah there wasn’t enough force to cause that kind of injury.

maggie is a nurse, yes. But she isn’t even close to 50, which is the recommended age for annual mammograms. So why would she have ever gotten one unless a doctor felt a lump? Insurance doesn’t generally cover the test for younger women. Being a nurse doesn’t change that.

On 5/28/2019 at 5:06 PM, RedbirdNelly said:

Can we get more of the pathologist? she went well with Will.

She was a breath of sanity on this show.

Patty Murin is still doing Frozen on Broadway, and with Colin Donnell leaving, sadly I don't think Dr. Nina will be back.

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

maggie is a nurse, yes. But she isn’t even close to 50, which is the recommended age for annual mammograms. So why would she have ever gotten one unless a doctor felt a lump? Insurance doesn’t generally cover the test for younger women. Being a nurse doesn’t change that.

I started getting them at 40 because my doctor enrolled me in a screening program that reminded me every two years that it was time to get the next one. (Yes, Canadian medicine.) However I was 55 when the mammogram caught the cancer.

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Natalie’s car door was open so it isn’t inconceivable that she was thrown. But yeah there wasn’t enough force to cause that kind of injury.

Maggie said it had been a while. Implies that she didn’t remember, that she allowed it to lapse. Self examination is something that women should do monthly.

On 5/25/2019 at 3:55 PM, Lyanna19 said:

I keep hoping a video will show up that will prove he was lying. It's such tired and lazy writing to have a woman who was broken up with turn into an obsessive psycho. Much more interesting to me to have her be a normal woman with unresolved feelings that he misinterprets as her being unhealthily obsessed with him because he's a raging narcissist who thinks he's God's gift to both medicine and women so of course it's possible that she'd go as far as murdering his father to be with him. Good God. I will not be sorry to see either of them go. But I will be sorry if they don't do a proper resolution of their storyline before they do.

On 5/29/2019 at 5:43 PM, Sake614 said:

But she isn’t even close to 50, which is the recommended age for annual mammograms.

Fifty? No. Forty-five is the recommended age to start getting annual mammograms by the ACS, with woman as early as forty having the option to get them. My doctor recommended that I start getting them annually at 40 because I have a couple of members of my extended family who had breast cancer. If Maggie's age is supposed to be comparable to the actress's actual age and if she didn't have a family history and wasn't exhibiting symptoms, I could see how she wouldn't have had a mammogram before. So unless they're implying that Maggie is much older than 40, I'm a little surprised that Sharon assumed she'd had one before.

This didn't even seem like a season finale to me. With the exception of Natalie's silly cliffhanger, it just seemed like a normal episode.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, JenLily said:

Maggie's age is supposed to be comparable to the actress's actual age and if she didn't have a family history and wasn't exhibiting symptoms, I could see how she wouldn't have had a mammogram before. So unless they're implying that Maggie is much older than 40, I'm a little surprised that Sharon assumed she'd had one before.

Right. That was basically my point. Sharon was all 'when was your last mammo' like Maggie should be getting them annually. But she's much too young for that unless she has a family history or she's experienced problems herself.

• Love 2

The actress who plays Maggie is 40.  However, to me she looks more "settled," more like mid 40s, so I wonder if her character is supposed to be that age (mid 40s) which is why Sharon brought up the mammogram issue. 

• Love 1

How on earth is April thinking her pregnancy is to do with Choi. They literally had sex last night. Come on.

In an ironic turn of events after hating Becker since her arrival the only interesting cliffhanger was her owning her villainess and the ending with Rhodes realizing she most likely killed his dad. Pity we’ll never see how that resolves  itself. 

The ending with Will/Natalie was Sunset Beach levels of bad soap. God she’s the worst. I don’t mind Will when he’s with Maggie and/or anyone else. It’s a shame he’s so wasted on her. 

It’s almost like the writers forgot this was the finale and during the last few hours of putting the script together went shit throw in some shocks. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Chas411 said:

How on earth is April thinking her pregnancy is to do with Choi. They literally had sex last night. Come on.

Hey, but she is late! The sex was yesterday, or last week, and OF COURSE, if she is late, she is pregnant. Because they live in two dimensions at the same time, one of them has no logic, the other has a reptilian sense of logic.

Writers of this show must be all men. Maggie doesn't know when she had a mammogram - seriously, I am old and I don't really know the guidelines. My doctor tells me I need one every year - but saying "I don't know, a while" is not very encouraging. I write things down, I know exactly when I have to have another test for things like possible cancer, since there is no real prevention.

• Love 2