Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E22: You Have Saved This City

• Start Topic

FAMILY TIES — The battle between Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Emiko (Sea Shimooka) comes to a boiling point which brings back some familiar faces and leaves others in dire jeopardy. James Bamford directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Rebecca Bellotto (#722). Original airdate 5/13/2019.

So is Oliver and Felicity now living in the Speedforce world? At least they gave us hope but still!  20 plus freaking years?!!  Yes Barry, you have my permission to muck up the timeline.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

How did Arrow's action sequences fall off to the point where they were beyond schooled by Cobra Kai's big finale fight?  Bronze Tiger wrecking shit was awesome, but damn, it's a far drop in quality from the first couple of seasons.

• Love 7

Still crying from that ending. WE DESERVED MORE OLICITY THIS SEASON. LOOK HOW AMAZING THEY ARE TOGETHER.

That goodbye killed me. (But probably not as much as it killed SA. No one's going to miss Felicity/EBR like him, obviously.)

Seriously, SA and EBR are amazing together. So amazing. 

Loved the OTA scenes we got. Finally. 

Wish we'd gotten more Felicity/Mia/William scenes this season. They were so, so good.

The teams were way too big in the present and future though. Wouldn't mind Laurel and Bronze Tiger on a recurring basis if we got rid of Dinah and Rene though.

• Love 13

$5 says they already filmed the Olicity reunion scene that will be added to 810.

I knew they wouldn't kill 2040 Felicity off.

Also knew Oliver wasn't really dead. He's either lost in the multi-verse or in that Pocket Heaven from the COIE comic. 

They passed on the torch in both 2019 and 2040. Yet oddly enough Roy was cut from both timelines. Guess CH only signed for 1 year.

So Dinah, Jon and Rene in 2019. Zoe, William, Connor and Mia in 2040 and Oliver traveling the multiverse with the Monitor. Guess that's your S8 until the crossover.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Wait what happened? Are they together?

The Monitor showed up after Mia was born to tell Oliver it was time to help with Crisis - he told Oliver that he died in the event. 

In the future, Felicity took William and Mia to Oliver's grave so that they could "all be together one last time." Then the Monitor showed up to take her to Oliver - forever, I'm guessing. He told her that she could never come back to earth. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

That was a very lackluster finale. Wrapping up both the present and future is just to much to do in a 42min finale. Not to mention the million of characters. 

So...Oliver is dead via The Crisis (which means that this future is post Crisis...which is booo) so did The Moniter take Felicity to the after life? Or are they pulling a E2 Superman/Lois?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

It was mostly boring but the last 15 minutes? Perfection. I'm perfectly happy with this being the end of the line for me. 

I'm not trying to convince anyone to quit but this was the series finale. As with OUAT and The Originals this will prove to be the better series finale so I'm out.

• Love 15

That ending messed me up good.  

Most of the episode was a waste.  I did like momma Felicity trying to protect her chicks and Mia will never not amuse me with her over the top attitude.  

I HATE with a fiery passion that Oliver didn't get to see his kids grow up.  But I feel like they were promising us that Oliver and Felicity get their delayed HEA.  (Of a kind since they can't see any of their other loved ones again.)

Of course since they now said Oliver dies in the Crisis the subverting is for him to live and maybe it won't be just in some pocket universe or something (it really did look speed forcey when the Monitor took Felicity but who knows)

I appreciate that Felicity didn't look totally confused about what was happening when the monitor showed up so I'm going to head canon that Oliver warned her.  Her not letting him just go is in character so very much.  

Oliver echoing Felicity's love confession to her, (You have opened up my heart) killed me in a very good way.  As did all the tear wiping.  But who's going to wipe my tears???

• Love 18

Loved the montage, but it did create some timing questions, didn't it?

1. Crisis is supposed to happen next fall, as per the CW ads.

2. Felicity was barely showing in the first half of the episode, so presumably not giving birth until September or October, right?

3. That was a pretty decent sized baby sleeping on Oliver. 

So are we to assume that Oliver just peaced out during the actual Crisis, and then got summoned by the Monitor months after Crisis to end, well, Crisis?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

The Monitor showed up after Mia was born to tell Oliver it was time to help with Crisis - he told Oliver that he died in the event. 

In the future, Felicity took William and Mia to Oliver's grave so that they could "all be together one last time." Then the Monitor showed up to take her to Oliver - forever, I'm guessing. He told her that she could never come back to earth. 

Thank you😘🤗

I'm super happy with that.  If they can't be alive together, dead together is a pretty good HEA.

She raised their child and then went to find him. That's the love of a lifetime. 

Time to watch the last 3 eps😅

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

When Oliver was going on about his legacy and the team, all I could think was that that would've been more powerful with Sara and Barry and the other teams there. Stronger image of the legacy and heroes they've inspired. I get why they couldn't/wouldn't do it now, but seems like it would fit better in Crisis crossover.

Diggle and Olicity love each other! They're the only Team Arrow that matters. Sometimes Roy and Thea.

I feel like there's a double meaning in that song - we don;t want an Arrow without EBR and Felicity doesn't want a world without Oliver. 

I really can't wait for the Crisis crossover now. Is that going to be the Arrow series finale? Seriously, they better be writing the hell out of this one, they've known it was coming for long enough. And they throw this at me when I'm still emotional from Endgame. 

Barry, Legends, I'm gonna need y'all to screw up the timelines for the better so my heroes get to live their lives with their loves and raise their kids and get their happily ever afters, okay? 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm not trying to convince anyone to quit but this was the series finale. As with OUAT and The Originals this will prove to be the better series finale so I'm out.

Definitely very much scripted/filmed as the series finale, right down to finale hugs from everyone, specific blocking and scripting callbacks to previous seasons, and passing on the torch to the next generation.

I'll be around for the crossovers. Less certain about the other episodes.

• Love 3

I loved the last 15 minutes or so and I liked Bronze Tiger but so much of the actual story didn't work for me because I give no fucks about Emiko or her redemption/death. Three minutes of not actively trying to murder her brother, his family and the entire city doesn't make her death tragic.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Yeah, I'm am sure a lot of people will treat it as such.  In a way, it IS the finale cause we have the ending to Oliver and Felicity's story already.  Most of season 8  is like the missing scenes of what went down with Oliver's trip.  There's no required viewing anymore.  

Even the crisis will only pull some viewers back if they can hint that MAYBE the future isn't set.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, cambridgeguy said:

So is S8 going to involve Oliver running around doing whatever it is the Monitor needs him to do to help save the multiverse?  I'm assuming that won't involve him stopping crime in Star City.

Yeah, it seems that way.

Most of the episode was pretty lame, but god DANG those last few minutes killed me dead. SA and his tears just break my heart every single time. Those tears! Oliver holding his baby daughter, then looking at her one last time! Felicity telling the Monitor to shove it if he thinks he can take her husband! OTA in the bunker! Future Felicity saying goodbye to William and Mia, and holding her wedding ring to find Oliver! Oh god, I hurt, I am actually tearing up. 

Crisis better fix this shit right now. The Queen/Smoaks deserve their happy ending as a family, they've given so much and sacrificed and suffered for the greater good, I want to see them all together and happy.

• Love 16
(edited)

The good thing is with this finale you can write crazy fan fic about Old Olicity making out, bantering, having sex (what else is there to do?) in the void together, spying on their kids etc

And it's not a fix it!

I'm so happy 😊😊😊

Edited by Mellowyellow
My emojis were grimacing!!!!!
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, bettername2come said:

And they throw this at me when I'm still emotional from Endgame. 

Why is everything I watch trying to fuck me up lately?!? I have gone through so many god dang tissues lately, I cant even deal with it.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm super happy with that.  If they can't be alive together, dead together is a pretty good HEA.

She raised their child and then went to find him. That's the love of a lifetime.

You could see in EBR's acting that Felicity was just waiting till Mia and William could protect themselves, protecting them as she had promised Oliver, and then she was going to go to him.

I would put money on it that provided they get EBR next year, Oliver and Felicity are not dead.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I’m disappearing into the multiverse after this one - this is the finale. Next year is basically a mini-series with some of the cast. 

Felicity’s departure is a needed moment of hope - they’re off to be together (I like the idea of Morrigan’s pocket heaven - maybe one like Aruba) and there is a lot of parsing to be done around “I saw you die”.  That doesn’t - and probably doesn’t - mean Oliver stays dead. 

I’m not one to ship but I loved Oliver and Felicity. That last five minutes was beautiful. 

• Love 7
Just now, Mellowyellow said:

The good thing is with this finale you can write crazy fan fic about Old Olicity making out, bantering, having sex (what else is there to do?) in the void together, spying on their kids etc

And it's not a fix it!

I'm so happy😁😁😁

And there will be lots of fic set during their babymoon.  Sigh.  This show can be so freakin' good when they do it right.  

• Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

And there will be lots of fic set during their babymoon.  Sigh.  This show can be so freakin' good when they do it right.  

I'm just so relieved I don't need them or fandom to fix it. 

Hubs and I promised we'd haunt each other if one of us died young (the haunted one will live in happy madness) so I'm just mega happy about this. 

They are together. That's what I really needed. 

I wanted other stuff with Mia, William, Lucas but I'm like sooooo ok with this😊🤗

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 1

Do I remember wrongly but I thought that Mia was trained by Nyssa and Oliver was there? Or am I just imagining it?

So I guess next season will be Oliver without Team Arrow doing multi-verse action? Next season's Arrow will be just Oliver as he departed Earth-1 already.

Will the four children be a spin-off?

Finally, bye Felicia Felicity. And of course bye Spartan, Wild Dog, Mr. Terrific, Black Canaries and Arsenal.

(edited)
19 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yeah, I'm am sure a lot of people will treat it as such.  In a way, it IS the finale cause we have the ending to Oliver and Felicity's story already.  Most of season 8  is like the missing scenes of what went down with Oliver's trip.  There's no required viewing anymore.  

Even the crisis will only pull some viewers back if they can hint that MAYBE the future isn't set.  

My problem is with both shows I tuned back in while I didn't hate the final season the previous season had the more satisfying finale. Well, that and Plec screwed my ship...again!

21 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

So is S8 going to involve Oliver running around doing whatever it is the Monitor needs him to do to help save the multiverse?  I'm assuming that won't involve him stopping crime in Star City.

I think a 3 way split. 2019 TA, 2040 NTA and Oliver/Monitor setting up the crossover. 

I don't get why people think Oliver died. Felicity isn't dead she's going to whatever universe is chilling in. Oliver is probably the Alex Author and Olicity is getting the Kal-El/E2 Lois ending from COIE. So they're in that pocket universe together and happy....20 years late but, still.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, quarks said:

Loved the montage, but it did create some timing questions, didn't it?

1. Crisis is supposed to happen next fall, as per the CW ads.

2. Felicity was barely showing in the first half of the episode, so presumably not giving birth until September or October, right?

3. That was a pretty decent sized baby sleeping on Oliver. 

So are we to assume that Oliver just peaced out during the actual Crisis, and then got summoned by the Monitor months after Crisis to end, well, Crisis?

I'm assuming that Felicity and Oliver's Anniversary sex created Mia.  So that's the end of November.  So Felicity would be in her fifth month in May.  Kid would be born in Sept.  Crisis would normally happen in November. Maybe they'll try to push it back to Dec.  So yeah, that was not a 3 month old but I'm sure they figure people don't know what babies look like.  Or maybe we can pretend that they went on a fun trip with Sara and got a few extra months cause of some timey whimey stuff.  They are wanted in the present but the past could give them a nice break.  

Now I want a fic where they spend a few months as a family in Aruba and the crew of the Waverider act as their on the call babysitters.  

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Now I want a fic where they spend a few months as a family in Aruba and the crew of the Waverider act as their on the call babysitters.  

You write that!!!! I'll tackle fun fics from the void.

I feel bad that the void tickles me😅

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

So...when does the anti-vigilante propaganda pop up? In like...10 years or did I miss something in the future alluding to it?

That stuff is just starting to get stirred up over on Legends.  

• Love 2

I'm not a crier, as a rule, but the last 15 minutes of the episode tore my heart out. Seeing OTA in the bunker and realizing that was just Emily, David, and Stephen crying IRL made me so emotional. David and Emily's last scene together was beautiful but also made me so mad at the way the show has neglected Felicity and Diggle relationship for years for the sake of trying to make irrelevant characters seem relevant. 

And then Stephen and Emily broke me, as I was sure they would. Every single second of those last 10 minutes was beautiful and poignant and seeing them with Mia was everything I needed. I'm really gonna need a TL reset through, because it breaks my heart to think Oliver and Mia got only a few months together. Fix it, Jesus. 

And Felicity telling the Monitor how long she'd been waiting to be reunited with Oliver made me ugly cry. What was the deal with her going somewhere she can't return from, though? I assume she's going to another universe to meet up with Oliver, but she's never gonna be able to see her kids again? Really? I need answers. But I'm gonna have to read about them, because a Felicity-less S8 s a big no for me. Wake me when Emily comes back (which I have total faith will happen).

• Love 20
(edited)

I just rewatched the end scenes and they killed me just as much as the first time. 

“My only regret is not telling you I loved you sooner.” 

Here’s my heart, Arrow. Take it. You already did with that entire scene.

SA and EBR absolutely destroyed me. I don’t think I’ll ever have an OTP like Olicity — the chemistry, everything. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 14