Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E22: You Have Saved This City

• Start Topic

So, I'm just gonna call BS on the Monitor's whole spiel. 

He cannot prevent Oliver's death, but he's asking Oliver to assist him as they "seek to prevent the inevitable." HE IS ON SOME SHIT, I'm still gonna hope it gets reversed. 

• Love 14
(edited)
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

So, I'm just gonna call BS on the Monitor's whole spiel. 

He cannot prevent Oliver's death, but he's asking Oliver to assist him as they "seek to prevent the inevitable." HE IS ON SOME SHIT, I'm still gonna hope it gets reversed. 

Going by the Supergirl teaser I'm thinking GA/Oliver dies on every universe except E1. So the Monitor is playing with words. Or maybe the idiots on Flash change the universe for the better (for people not named Allen) for once.

On another note, anyone else get a weird vibe from Diggle/DR last night? I swear when they told Diggle they were having a Baby Girl I was waiting for a reference to Sara

Edited by Morrigan2575
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

On another note, anyone else get a weird vibe from Diggle/DR last night? I swear when they told Diggle they were having a Baby Girl I was waiting for a reference to Sara

Diggle's like, "Must be nice! Fingers crossed no one erases her!"

Edited by apinknightmare
  • LOL 17
23 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Going by the Supergirl teaser I'm thinking GA/Oliver dies on every universe except E1.

Earth-2's Oliver is already dead. That's what set E-2's Laurel into turning into Black Siren, right? And X-Earth/Nazi Earth's Oliver is also dead.

9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Earth-2's Oliver is already dead. That's what set E-2's Laurel into turning into Black Siren, right? And X-Earth/Nazi Earth's Oliver is also dead.

No that was birthday cake.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I have no explanation for the whole William thing but isn't Mia a Smoak because the Ninth Circle know about Oliver's baby? So it's a protection thing?

I believe so. Kat said back when they revealed that her Character was Olicity baby that Mia was Mia Smoak cause of the Danger of having Queen as her last name would bring 

(edited)
43 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

What i was told by the comment sections of various sites is that apparently Oliver aint dead just in a paradise dimension. Apparently something in the comics lol. 

Yeah i told my friend that.  I kept calling it a Heaven dimension but, wiki calls it a paradise dimension

After defeating the Anti-Monitor (with the help of Kal-L, the Earth-Two Superman and the Earth-Prime Superboy), Alexander reveals that he has saved Kal-L's wife, the Earth-Two Lois Lane, from being erased from existence when the multiverse was destroyed. The foursome, no longer having a place in the Post-Crisis universe, retreat to a "paradise dimension" (which Alexander accesses with the last of his dimensional powers).[6]

That's why I keep saying that Oliver is like the Alex Luthor/Kal-El/E2 Lois in this situation.  Only instead of leaving right after COIE, Oliver goes on his own and Felicity joins him 20 years later.  Maybe in this case Oliver is the E2 Lois (scenario) so someone saves E1 Oliver but he can't be on E1 again.

If they really want to do it right, Oliver will get to see Felicity, William and Mia again.  If I was writing it, I'd have him frozen and when Felicity shows up (young again) Oliver gets to grow old with his family, Felicity, William and Mia.  A final reward for all that he's sacrificed. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Yeah i told my friend that.  I kept calling it a Heaven dimension but, wiki calls it a paradise dimension

That's why I keep saying that Oliver is like the Alex Luthor/Kal-El/E2 Lois in this situation.  Only instead of leaving right after COIE, Oliver goes on his own and Felicity joins him 20 years later.  Maybe in this case Oliver is the E2 Lois (scenario) so someone saves E1 Oliver but he can't be on E1 again.

As crazy as it sounds its the most logical option. The Monitor is taking her to her Oliver not some other version. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

As crazy as it sounds its the most logical option. The Monitor is taking her to her Oliver not some other version. 

Oh absolutely, The Monitor is taking her to her/our Oliver not some other version.  So yeah, I'm guessing Oliver = E2 Lois in this scenario, supposed to die but gets saved by the mcguffin.  So, I guess that makes Felicity Kal-L 😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Yeah, I ugly cried, with the headache to prove it. 

I've never considered myself a shipper exactly but Arrow was always especially awful when they purposefully kept Olicity apart.  So this is my finale, I think.  (Though if Alena takes over in the bunker, I might give it a look.)

• Love 2
7 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

Probably but I don't really see how Smoak is much better in that case. Surely the centuries old evil organization is bright enough to figure out that the skilled archer of appropriate age who shares Oliver's wife's last name might be his daughter (okay, maybe not, since overgrown, petulant teen with an obsession with hurting her dead father=A+ leader material in their world.)

I agree. It doesn't make much sense at all. But I think we all knew this would happen, haha.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm sure Oliver will be doing stuff every week but not like in past seasons.  He'll probably be recruiting heroes or something

Because Oliver : Arrow :: Superheroes : Spinoffs -- for nearly the show's entire existence. I hope at some point Oliver is like, "Seriously, Monitor? This is what you pulled me away from my family for?"

7 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

On a different note, i'm very glad they didn't have time for Oliver to look at the team while listing Courage, Compassion, Selflessness and Loyalty cause once he got past Dig and Roy, I would NOT be accepting Rene and Dinah deserved any description from that list.  

Although it would have been hilarious to watch Oliver look pointedly at Dig, then at Roy... then back to Dig, and then back to Roy. 😆

• LOL 14

That Mark of Four nonsense rang false to me considering how easily Dinah had given up on Felicity in the FF. Sure it was Felicity’s intention to come across as evil but come on. I bet it didn’t take much for Dinah to turn on her considering how she was acting at the beginning of the season in the FF.

Introducing it in the present after showing how much it doesn’t apply to Dinah or Rene for 2 years in any timeline was the wrong move. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Sadly, no. Either it’s something they pre-taped for next season, or Emily was just wearing Stephen’s shirt because they weren’t able to foot cuddle while they were filming. Both options seem equally likely to me. 😂

I swear if I hadn't seen those weirdass feet pics I'd be 99% sure it was something pre taped.

Alas the feet pics means that it could just be them borrowing clothes which is probably something in the realm of what they do. 

So Oliver is in the paradise realm and this after crisis yes?

I interpreted it as him never being able to return back to normal earth and since Felicity has chosen to go with him she'll be there in the void with him. 

Are they doing tasks in the realm or just chilling? Asking because it's important for fan fic purposes. 

I feel guilty that I enjoyed the ending so much. It is totally and utterly epic and heart rending to wait 20 years for your lost love.

Most series I see have a "destined to be", "we were in love in the past life" element and then the leads get together because it's "meant to be" but you really wonder if they have much in common and how they'd fare in everyday life. 

I find it wonderfully and tragically romantic that Olicity were friends, superheroes and spouses who loved each other warts and all. They lived a real, sometimes very hard life together and then had to wait twenty years to find each other again for the sake of their children. That is some epic stuff. 

And I'm teary again. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Introducing it in the present after showing how much it doesn’t apply to Dinah or Rene for 2 years in any timeline was the wrong move. 

Yeah, when Oliver was talking their "loyalty" I straight up laughed. Like, we are talking about the same people right? Rene and Dinah with their bro Curtis full stop betrayed you, used lethal force against you because of some stupid whiny crap, Rene turned you over to the cops, and when you went to jail, they just cheerfully went about their lives, hardly even checking in on Felicity and William, and are generally the most fair weather friends in the world, as we have seen countless times. Even Diggle, as much as it hurts me to say, was not exactly a paragon of loyalty this season, working with the guy who ruined his best friends lives and acting all weird and whinny about wanting to be the new GA, and sticking his head in the sand about Oliver rooting in jail while ARGUS keeps getting shadier by the minute. He at least got better, and had years of loyalty before that, but Dinah and Rene? Please.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

Random thought: Oliver and Felicity can't but The Monitor can leave wherever he's taking Felicity, right? Because if not, things could get real awkward, real fast. 

I think he has to monitor the universe. 

No time to sit around and watch them make out!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

No time to sit around and watch them make out!

That’s The Watcher’s job.

No wait, he’s Marvel.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

The show’s losing Felicity and now you want to bring in Henry? Even at its worst Arrow didn’t do anything to deserve that. 

No one on this show deserves to be sucked into the Once vortex under the rule of Mad Queen Regina. Nobody! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

The show’s losing Felicity and now you want to bring in Henry? Even at its worst Arrow didn’t do anything to deserve that. 

Henry was no good? You disliked Regina right? That was all I figured out over the years! That you hated Regina! 

No interlopers in the Paradise Realm with our OTP!!!!!!

• Love 1

I just saw a gif of Oliver shaking Siren’s hand. That was hilariously awkward. I don’t know what part I liked best: Oliver looking like his mother was making him do it or Siren’s limp hand and fake smile. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 5/13/2019 at 10:54 PM, insomniadreams88 said:

“My only regret is not telling you I loved you sooner.” 

Oh my god, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out what SA was saying. I replayed it so many times. Thank you!

The last 15 minutes was basically the whole season? I feel like everything else didn't matter. And EBR and SA were so sad in those last scenes, and SA was falling apart more than I had ever seen him (and it felt more like SA falling apart than Oliver at times). 

I have to say that the fight scenes were awful in this ep. I definitely saw CH's stunt double not connect with one of the bad guys when he kicked him, and it was just terrible and obvious.

I'm sad it ended Arrow way. Part of me was always hoping snarky older William and Mia time traveling back (I know this isn't Flash) and finally hanging out with their dad and driving him nuts. I miss the idea of all four of them as a family, although I wouldn't want kid William back. I am surprised by how much I enjoyed Mia and William this season. Between them and the brief glimpses of Oliver and Felicity, I feel like that's the only part I enjoyed about this uneven, messy, and repetitive season. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Henry was no good? You disliked Regina right? That was all I figured out over the years! That you hated Regina! 

No interlopers in the Paradise Realm with our OTP!!!!!!

Henry is Regina’s son so I’m keeping it in the family. 

• LOL 4
(edited)

Old Renee: "When we built the walls around the Glades, we installed explosives in every tower."

Me: "Whaaaat? Why would anyone ever do that?"

(And wow- was the Bamford Posearama on overdrive this episode.)

On 5/13/2019 at 9:27 PM, apinknightmare said:

So...when does the anti-vigilante propaganda pop up? In like...10 years or did I miss something in the future alluding to it?

Considering how much it's been on-again/off-again on Arrow the last couple seasons (and even moreso this season), it's probably just become an endless cycle for Star City at this point. 2040 Team Arrow just got caught up in an off month. 

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

That episode of Arrow is my last I guess.

I know, I know, my opinion on this changes hourly but those last 5 or so minutes just reminded me of everything I used to love about the show. And in doing so it reminded me that all of that will now be completely gone. 

What we're left with is not a show I'm interested in, with the possible exception of William. And I doubt he'll get much screen time overall. 

(edited)
10 hours ago, Chaser said:

I just saw a gif of Oliver shaking Siren’s hand. That was hilariously awkward. I don’t know what part I liked best: Oliver looking like his mother was making him do it or Siren’s limp hand and fake smile. 

My favorite part was the camera moving in and Oliver turning his back on her and delivering his speech about the Mark of 4 and everyone pretending like they can't see Laurel still standing there just off to the side behind them.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • LOL 11
4 minutes ago, ladylaw99 said:

I was so drugged up on meds on Monday and then sobbing like a 2 yer old that I can't remember if it show or mentioned what happened to Diggle in the future?

Do we know?

Not directly and nothing from 722. All we know is he heads Knightwatch (the logo is the Spartan helmet), he had a falling out with JJ a few years ago, and he told Connor to watch over Mia when she was in Star City.

I found it all quite mediocre, although the acting in the last few minutes or so from Stephen Amell and Emily Best Rickards was good.

Bronze Tiger was cool, pity he dies.

Mr Terrific was as annoying as ever.

Emiko makes the worst Big Bad ever.

I'm confused as to how people think the city is safe. The leader might be dead, but the Ninth Circle seem pretty committed to its destruction.

On 5/14/2019 at 6:39 AM, way2interested said:

SA picked one heck of a scene to visit to take that family pic, Felicity telling William and Mia that she was leaving and then likely sticking around to watch the last scene with Felicity going to reunite with Oliver in the future

After reading the stuff about Stephen's insistence regarding Felicity's last scene, I'm wondering if they actually did film the reunion, not just Felicity stepping into the portal. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Quark said:

I'm confused as to how people think the city is safe. The leader might be dead, but the Ninth Circle seem pretty committed to its destruction.

I thought the Ninth Circle actually didn't want the city to burn. It was just using the terror to drum up business. Scaring people and mass murder are two different ball games. One drums up business, the other puts you on a terror watchlist and draws the attention of law enforcement agencies. I got the impression the Ninth Circle thought Emiko was out of control and risked exposing them too much and they wanted to pull out.

But I don't pretend that this episode made a whole lot of sense, especially around the main plot wrap up. I'm not complaining though - Arrow finally discovered falling action and it was the best it's been in years.

• Love 1

Older Felicity: "Well, I'm glad, everyone is safe, to say the least. Does anyone need anything? Do we need any water? It's very important to hydrate."
Mia: "No. And we don't need any snacks either."

As a parent, I really appreciated those lines.

• Love 5
(edited)

Oliver: "I've spent a long time thinking about my legacy as the Green Arrow. I always hoped it would be saving the city. But now I know that my greatest legacy is this team. I started this mission alone. I was certain that I would end it alone. But the truth of the matter is that every bit of success that I've had along the way is because of all of you. The city is safe because of your courage, your compassion, your selflessness, and your loyalty."

The more I thought about it, the more I liked Oliver's message about how his legacy wasn't saving the city, but the team. You can never permanently save the city. As Felicity said, a new threat will always come along, so the city will need to be saved again and again.

Instead, by establishing the tradition/institution of having a team of vigilantes in the city to deal with threats as they come along, that's what will protect the city in the future. That team, their children, their children's children, and so on. In this way, Oliver has saved the city.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I wonder if there was a deleted flashback scene involving Keven Dale because, on the IMDb page for 722, the guest cast includes the following:

I'm going with that they were in the crowd scene when the virus drones showed up

39 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I'm going with that they were in the crowd scene when the virus drones showed up

That makes sense.  Maybe it will end up in a "previously on ARrow" segment next season to tie that to some choice he made as an adult

I’m a little confused about the Mark of Four tattoo. Oliver listed the four components, Courage, Compassion, Selflessness and Loyalty, but where/how did the tattoo factor into it? 

I can’t really remember, but is Dinah the only one who had the tattoo? I thought it was something they all had but now I’m not sure. 

It feels like it was meant to be important but was left dangling. Did I miss something along the way? 

The Mark of Four thing was weird, I can't remember if everyone actually had the tattoo either but I'd swear they said Oliver designed the symbol. It doesn't seem likely he'll have time to pop back to SC for tattoo design (and if he does that rather than visiting his family my rage will know no bounds) so did he design it before leaving town and they just didn't show it? They put so much emphasis on it early on and then it just kind of fizzled out

9 minutes ago, kes0704 said:

I can’t really remember, but is Dinah the only one who had the tattoo? I thought it was something they all had but now I’m not sure. 

I'm not sure - when Dinah showed the tattoo to William she said that Oliver came up with it. So I guess he designed it before he skipped town and they all did something with it? Roy knew what it was when he saw it on the paper tucked inside Oliver's bow. I guess when Dinah mentioned that they should find a way to remember the "four pillars of heroism" (LOL) we were to understand that they then all went out and got some tats. I hope someone got it as a tramp stamp. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm not sure - when Dinah showed the tattoo to William she said that Oliver came up with it. So I guess he designed it before he skipped town and they all did something with it? Roy knew what it was when he saw it on the paper tucked inside Oliver's bow. I guess when Dinah mentioned that they should find a way to remember the "four pillars of heroism" (LOL) we were to understand that they then all went out and got some tats. I hope someone got it as a tramp stamp. 

I'd like to think the rest of them were fine just remembering it but Dinah went next level and got the tat.  It's funnier if only she had it.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'd like to think the rest of them were fine just remembering it but Dinah went next level and got the tat.  It's funnier if only she had it.  

Dinah getting a tattoo of the four pillars of heroism and then immediately discarding the loyalty one to believe Felicity had turned villainous fits nicely with her flip flopping personality this season. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I guess it fizzled outline a lot of things out in to teasing harbour what happened between the ffs and 2018/19. It never made sense that Oliver was all " let's get a team tattoo" anyway it's not like he or Dig and Felicity need it for each other. It's more appropriate if it's just Dinah' random thing. Though if it was Curtis I could see it again being part of the desperately wanting to be part of the cool kids "lol guys let's get a TATTOO of all that!" Thing he has.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1