Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I saw the twist coming, but loved the way it played out, and I thought it was refreshing that Louise was so happy about it, rather than being embarrassed or mad that they'd tricked her. They're such a fun, sweet family.

The Boys 4 Now video was awesome too. Loved the rhymes...zombie and "prom-bie" especially.

The guy with the garden shears at the end of the driveway was realllllly creepy. Well done, 3-week boyfriend of Mort's mother.

At first I thought that this was a trick to really scare Louise, but then I started to be convinced that it was somehow for real, like a bunch of cultists were using the house, not necessarily targeting the Belchers. Everyone was a good actor.

I liked the lame haunted house stuff. I thought that was funny.

The music video was good.

I knew there was some kind of twist, because the haunted house Bob and Linda came up with was just so lame, but the creepy guy at the end of the driveway was fairly scary, so I started to wonder how real it was.

Nice callback to Louise liking Boo Boo and then denying she knows anything about the band. 

I guess Tina got over her stage fright, since in the murder mystery at the morgue musical, she couldn't even say her one line.

I find the Belchers so refreshing as a family -- they have fun together, they come to each other's aid, they love each other. As much as I do still like the Simpsons from time to time, they're generally not nice to each other.

• Love 2

I figured out the twist pretty early on, but I just loved the ride. 

The Belchers really are an awesome family. They are just go hard or go home. 

The lame haunted house was hilarious in how terrible it was. 

Zombie and prombie was, it turns out, something I needed to hear in my lifetime. 

"well, that took a turn"

• Love 2

When a grumpy mall Santa threatens the kids with the dreaded Naughty List, Gene, Tina and Louise decide to put on a musical performance spectacular to earn their spot on the Nice List. Can they change Santa’s mind in time to save their Christmas?

Neighbor: Maxi Pads Large Apartment Rentals (Also, "Big Girls Don't Dry Cleaners" was great)

Exterminator: The Good The Bad & The Bugly

"The Europeans are fine, they got tapas."

"And Belgium"

"And Leonardo DiCaprio 8 months out of the year."

I don't know what's sadder: That Mr. Frond dumped Gayle or that the only man that Tina would pair up with Gayle is Mr. Frond. (EDIT: Yep, totally like Gayle to just think Mr. Frond broke up with her when he really didn't. I'd like to see more of their relationship.)

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

I loved this ep. Gayle's quirks crack me up. But poor Bob.

Tvguide.com has the episode name as "Gayle Makin' Bob Sled", which I know has got to be a pun and it's driving me crazy that I can't ---

OH! Nevermind. Just got it.

I still don't get it. :(

I don't know what's sadder: That Mr. Frond dumped Gayle or that the only man that Tina would pair up with Gayle is Mr. Frond.

In the end though, we find out that Frond didn't dump Gayle, she just assumed he lied when he said he was going to his aunt's for the holiday. 

• Love 1

Neighbor: Maxi Pads Large Apartment Rentals (Also, "Big Girls Don't Dry Cleaners" was great)

Exterminator: The Good The Bad & The Bugly

"The Europeans are fine, they got tapas."

"And Belgium"

"And Leonardo DiCaprio 8 months out of the year."

I don't know what's sadder: That Mr. Frond dumped Gayle or that the only man that Tina would pair up with Gayle is Mr. Frond.

Were there any burgers of the day?

Were there any burgers of the day?

There were no scenes in the store- they were at home / upstairs, at Gayle's apartment, then outside with Bob& Gayle.

I normally like the Thanksgiving episodes, but this one didn't quite work for me. Bummer. I mean, you can't even say they placed this for Canadians Thanksgiving! I think it's because I can't stand Gayle (and Megan Mullally's voice.)

• Love 1

Ugh, I'm beginning to hate Gayle as well.

My favorite Thanksgiving episode was the one where they had to pretend to be Fishoeder's family, and Bob got drunk off absynthe. Just brilliant, all around.

I love Gayle because she's just so messed up. Plus, she outparented Bob & Linda when Louise had a cavity. And I kinda love that she and Mr. Frond are dating. I hope they babysit the kids together in a future episode.

This Thanksgiving episode wasn't as good as past ones, but I still enjoyed it. It was nice to see Bob and Gayle interacting without her trying to have a secret affair with him.

• Love 1

I don't think this holiday episode was as good as others, but I did like the scene where they panicked when Linda pulled the legs off of the turkey (and then they sewed them back on!).  Tina: 'They're doing great things with prosthetics these days'.

Oh, and at the end when the turkey was dancing under the spotlight.  Funny!  Other than that, it was just okay (a little Gayle goes a long way).

Ugh...no more Gayle, please!

Loved the turkey drama.

Poor Bob, another messed up Thanksgiving.

All right, we will cancel that copy of Gayle Force Winds that was going to your address for the holidays.

I liked the previous one better. The turkey kept showing up in the toilet and Bob had to keep going back for fresh ones, to the point that the gay man behind the counter thought that Bob was hitting on him.

Edited by cheatincheetos
  • Love 1

Thank God I was able to prevent that!

Not so fast...please find enclosed an autographed collection of Gayle's complete poetry readings, Volumes 1-89 (except for #64 which went missing in the litter boxes and #77 which Gayle dropped down a manhole while fleeing a mob of Martian leprechauns).

Bobs-Burgers-The-Kids-Run-Away-Season-4-

"SQUAWK! SQUAWK! SQUAWK! SQUAWK!..."

Its hard to beat a frozen turkey dancing to scat music. 

There's no business like Mr. Business.

Edited by cheatincheetos
  • Love 2

I knew people like Gayle, she's only slightly more exaggerated than the real thing. And also really intolerable, hence "knew."

Yeah, I'm not ready for Thanksgiving, and there was too much Gayle.

I can't believe Teddy went on a cruise without telling Bob in advance.

It might've been his mother's idea to go on the cruise. I hope we see more of his mom, or at least from Teddy's POV.

ETA:

I liked the previous one better. The turkey kept showing up in the toilet and Bob had to keep going back for fresh ones, to the point that the gay man behind the counter thought that Bob was hitting on him.

That was TWO Thanksgivings ago. While that one was great, last year's episode was about the turkeys attacking the Wonder Wharf (which was also great).

Edited by Galileo908

That would have been clever, but it was Last Mouse on the Left, after the VERY scary 70's film.

I don't recall it being very scarey, at least the part where the rapist chasing to girl scored by "chase music" from Dukes of Hazzard.

I didn't like this one because the family was split up. Good for Tina for thinking to look up how to good a turkey, but I mean, Linda screwing up that bad was a little much. I also don't like when Bob is made out to be a sad sack, and Linda knowing Gayle fakes it without warning Bob was a little much.

Points for Bob being able to get the cat to climb on to him, and the ingenuity for using the sled. There's no cabs in the city though?

Gayle dropping the towel was funny. I think she did it on purpose. 

For those wondering "Why a Christmas episode now?" It's because of football and the show won't come back until January 10th at the earliest.

Neighbor: You're Missing The Poinsettia

Exterminator: The Micestorm

Burger(s) of The Day: The Pear Tree Burger (with sliced pears - partridge not included)

"I'll eat her eggs! Crap, I already ate her eggs!" Gene had so many great lines tonight. Also, I really thought it was nice that Gene gives Regular-Sized Rudy the last taco on taco day. (Was this the first time Rudy showed up this season?)

I loved Teddy's Jewish hockey league. "The Mighty Schmucks." Poor Teddy, he has to lie about being Jewish to be on the team (although I'm sure none of them really care).

All the store names continue to be great. I'd shop at "The Fudge-itive," and "Accurate Calendars" was so oddly specific it just made me laugh. And of course it was the ONLY store still open.

• Love 3
I loved Teddy's Jewish hockey league. "The Mighty Schmucks." Poor Teddy, he has to lie about being Jewish to be on the team (although I'm sure none of them really care).

"Who's working the lights?'

'Couple of Schmucks.'

I like that Teddy has a whole life that none of them really know about (the hockey team, the cruise).  

• Love 3

Sweet episode, even if it is way too early.  Thanks for the heads up, Galileo908.  

The mall Santa was a jerk for hogging the massage chair in the first place, regardless of how "good" the kids were.  But I was glad that Louise had some standards and knew that the lying was wrong.  Loved Fischoeder's "Bourbon" song.

For those wondering "Why a Christmas episode now?" It's because of football and the show won't come back until January 10th at the earliest.

Boo! Hiss!

Fischoeder's brother reminds me of Philip Seymour Hoffman. I loved how Fischoeder wanted to know in advance how much to make his brother "reel it in" for the show.

• Love 2

"Who's working the lights?'

'Couple of Schmucks.'

Ohhh. I missed the connection. Thanks for pointing it out.

It just didn't seem right seeing a Christmas ep so early. Stupid football.

Loved all the Fischoeder scenes.

The couple in the art shop are the worst! I can't remember -- Is there a specific reason why they hate Bob? 

I really thought it was nice that Gene gives Regular-Sized Rudy the last taco on taco day. (Was this the first time Rudy showed up this season?)

I don't recall seeing him in any of this season's episodes. And he wasn't in this one either, as Teddy portrayed Rudy in The Nice Capades.

Aw, it was sweet that Louise still believes in Santa Claus and that it seemed that everyone made sure that she didn't find out otherwise.

I am trying to remember if this is in line with previous Christmas episodes. I know Tina still believes, despite being 13. This was shown in the episode where they were being stalked by a truck when they were out purchasing a tree. But I am trying to remember if Louise believed in Santa in that episode.

Aw, it was sweet that Louise still believes in Santa Claus and that it seemed that everyone made sure that she didn't find out otherwise.

I wasn't in the Christmas spirit (too early), so I was not paying full attention to this episode, but I didn't notice Gene or Tina indicating they didn't still believe in Santa themselves, so I assumed they all still believed.

I don't recall seeing him in any of this season's episodes. And he wasn't in this one either, as Teddy portrayed Rudy in The Nice Capades.

Rudy was shown when Gene was first describing his good deed (when the kids were sitting in a booth).

I thought it was odd that Louise still believes in Santa Claus at age 9. But I liked that she came clean in the end. And "starter shark" was awesome.

Ohhh. I missed the connection. Thanks for pointing it out.

It just didn't seem right seeing a Christmas ep so early. Stupid football.

Loved all the Fischoeder scenes.

The couple in the art shop are the worst! I can't remember -- Is there a specific reason why they hate Bob?

Two words: Art Crawl.
  • Love 1

I love how the art shop couple are always mean to Bob. Chubbs!

I like how Bob was trying to reassure Louise that she'd still get presents, but she kept ripping on him.

You've got to love Bob and Linda for just rolling with it when the kids wanted to put on a show. I was dying when Linda was singing at the end. 

I was surprised all the kids believed in Santa. Was Santa Henry Winkler?