Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E18: Mercedes' Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

With severe lymphedema, Mercedes can barely stand and only cares for her two children with the help of her extended family.  Dr. Now can give her the tools to lose weight, but to succeed she must face the trauma inflicted by her late abusive father. 

This is the LIVE CHAT thread.  It will be open during the US East Coast showing and again during the US West Coast showing. 

I sense she's writing a letter to daddy.  I hope it tells him that he should rot in hell.  Just me? 

Join us for the sadness and the anger, but, most of all, the snark!  

Original air date 2019.05.01

• Love 11

Hi all! Today's eating habit was not good. I had a nice salad for lunch - lettuce, radishes, red bell pepper, purple cabbage (why do they call it red? it's not red), red onion (again, actually purple), cauliflower, cheddar, maybe a few too many croutons, and strawberry poppyseed vinaigrette. But aside from that...Wednesday is bagel day (provided by management); I try to at least go for the whole wheat bagels but they didn't have them today (went with cinnamon raisin instead…fruit's good, right?). Plus it was someone's last day so her department had donuts in the morning, then cake in the afternoon....  Now I am eating Wegmans "Food You Feel Good About" Rainbow Salad (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, cabbage) with honey French dressing for dinner. There is also an ice cream sandwich in the freezer that is calling me (it's organic, that makes it good for you, right?) Hoping for some inspiration to get on track here.

We'll start with a nice glass of water.

IMG_2172.JPG

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

This better be a trainwreck because I've had a shitty day and I need some Poundicipant entertainment! 

Hi y'all!

Hi all. My eating habit was poor tonight. A Hot Pocket, some ripple chips and a bowl of Neapolitan ice cream with chocolate syrup for desert. It was good, though. 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

What’s up pounders?  Eating habit was pizza and peanut butter egg.  

I’m also attempting to multitask tonight with watching this show on tv while chatting with y’all and watching hockey on iPad.  Lord give me the strength to persevere.

• Love 8

Had a Freshly meal which are delivered to my door. So tasty,healthy and filling! Great for someone like me who lives alone and doesn't cook much anymore. Schwann's ice cream bar for later! Hi fellow pounders. Ready to snark!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, CringeWatcher said:

Hello pounders! Question: Is it wrong that my students and I snark about this show during class time? 

Probably. Doesn't that count against your 'contact' time, so that you'll have to make it up at the end of the year?  😃

• LOL 1

This is what it’s come to, used to look forward to wed night and now I’m literally fighting to stay awake to watch the dang show. It’s only for you, my snarktastic peeps that I’m even trying.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Hello pounders! Question: Is it wrong that my students and I snark about this show during class time? 

That depends on how old your students are...

• Love 3

Hmmmm.....yeah that may be wrong, but who are we to judge?  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, elly1517 said:

All the kids in the same bed...

Alllll I can think of:

giphy.gif.5826735569acb612e1f8861dd355f941.gif

Just now, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Thank GOD that ass is blurred out.  I would lose my dinner (spinach salad) all over my laptop

My thoughts and prayers go to the home care aide who had her face right there while helping her shower. I hope she gets hazard pay.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5