Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E17: Cillas' Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, ams1001 said:

On the one hand, yeah, they gotta get used to being around food they shouldn't be eating. On the other...why feed yourself and the kids junk while he's trying to eat healthy. You see the extreme end of what unhealthy habits can do. You'd think they'd have more motivation to do better themselves.

If nothing else, my mom's philosophy was, "I'm not making two separate meals. Eat." Unless we were sick, we didn't get different food from what they were eating. (She would do stuff like make sure there were enough broccoli stem pieces for me to have a whole serving since I hated the tops when I was little, but I was still eating broccoli whether I liked it or not. (She still does it, actually, but I don't hate them quite as much as when I was a kid.))

In fairness broccoli tops have a bizzare texture

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Why can't he get his lard butt out of that chair, even to walk to the doctor's office?   Dr. Now is going to go full enraged gerbil on his butt.     What's Cillas going to do, play the it's my heart card?   

No. Jessica was grinning like the idiot she is while Dr. Now read him the riot act-spoke volumes. 

Edited by Julyolo
Edit
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

On the one hand, yeah, they gotta get used to being around food they shouldn't be eating. On the other...why feed yourself and the kids junk while he's trying to eat healthy. You see the extreme end of what unhealthy habits can do. You'd think they'd have more motivation to do better themselves.

Agreed. I don't know why these SOs/families think watching their carbs is only for super-obese people.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I wish I could lose 70 pounds in two munts.

I went to a nutritionist for weight loss advice and she was very helpful. I went back seven years later and weighed exactly the same to the pound. We both laughed.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

Is this where I say I have a 'Sid Vicious' (featuring Nancy Spungen) page on Pinterest? 

Say it with pride! I always had the hugest crush on Sid. 

Good evening, pounders.  My eating habit tonight was lightly fried shrimp, french fries and a side salad.  I did not order wine or dessert.  Ate in lovely nice restaurant with white table cloths and candles on the table.  

9:30 and no surgery?

• Love 5
Just now, libgirl2 said:

John fan here.

I just started his latest biography, Anger is an Energy. It's fantastic!

Just now, MsVixen said:

Is there a medical reason why a lot of Little People seem to have the same facial features?

Probably the same thing that causes the limbs to be shorter causes similar development in the face. Also Im pretty sure it is genetic so you will have a smaller population.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

We had a lot of patients on the juvenile Psychiatric ward with the name Nevaeh. Just saying....

I was working with children  few years ago, between 3 elementary schools and 2 preschools, I met over 10 Nevaeh’s. Each one hurt my brain ( the name, not the child). But, and maybe I’m a judgey asshole here, they all were a certain demographic that did not bode well for a successful, well-adjusted life. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

You know, although this is boring, I'm kind of glad to see someone who is at least somewhat taking ownership of this.  He's saying "I got off track" or "I'm mad at myself."  He's not blaming others or saying "now isn't a good time to lose weight" or anything like that.  After the last two weeks, it's kind of refreshing.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Whoa,I didn't know/never saw a crane to lower someone into a pool. Kinda cool.

At my pool, it is for the wheelchair and CP patients. The truly disabled.

Now back to the arrival of the Wells Fargo Wagon.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Swimming is sooooo good! I've been going to water aerobics regularly since January and it has done wonders. I understand people on this show perhaps being self-conscious, but it would help them out so much If they kept it up in the pool

• Love 5
Just now, 88Keys said:

You know, although this is boring, I'm kind of glad to see someone who is at least somewhat taking ownership of this.  He's saying "I got off track" or "I'm mad at myself."  He's not blaming others or saying "now isn't a good time to lose weight" or anything like that.  After the last two weeks, it's kind of refreshing.

Yes! I agree.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Concerned said:

Would hate to be the lifeguard. Sillyass gets weak without his oxygen. How would you pull him out if he had a heart attack?

Move him to the side.  Have people in the pool to push him down.  Let the water help spring him up so you can roll him onto the deck.  Let's just say I have a lot of specialized training.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

Oh, Christ. Another one "baffled" by why he's not losing enough weight. 

"But, I WEIGHED the bag of tacos, Dr Now!" 

8 minutes ago, Splashes said:

In fairness broccoli tops have a bizzare texture

Don't they?! I still don't love 'em but I'll eat them. Especially since they're the veggie side in the cafeteria at work at least a couple days a week. If I don't bring lunch I'm kinda limited.

1 minute ago, fonfereksglen said:

At my pool, it is for the wheelchair and CP patients. The truly disabled.

Now back to the arrival of the Wells Fargo Wagon.

What are cp patients? Cronic Pain like fibrofolks?

1 minute ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

I was working with children  few years ago, between 3 elementary schools and 2 preschools, I met over 10 Nevaeh’s. Each one hurt my brain ( the name, not the child). But, and maybe I’m a judgey asshole here, they all were a certain demographic that did not bode well for a successful, well-adjusted life. 

There’s a whole section of freakonomics that addresses children’s names and how they move downward through the social classes. Or in the case of silly made up names, negatively affect a child’s future. 

Interestingly, I’m trash, but one of the older of my name featured in the book. So I guess it’s not always true.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Finally caught up.  Adding to @hoosiermom's winnings, a calendar of firefighters with puppies to flip through while eating the "snacks" @Giant Misfit awarded.

I don't know if there's one with firefighters specifically, but there is a 'hot guys with cute animals' calendar out there (may not be the exact title).

• Love 2