Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

We the viewers are only seeing a small fraction of what goes on during TC. Who's to say other TCC were not also called out several times and cried as well? 

Say what? 

Victoria ( not vk) but the one who was larger than most cheerleaders said 138 is not a comfortable weight for her.   I don’t understand why she didn’t go to jay when she was told to go to jay.  She might not have been cut so early. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, dariafan said:

Rob Lowe didn’t need a roast.  His sons do an awesome job on his Instagram 🤣

season 2: I would kill to be 138 again 

That might actually work.  You kill someone, go to prison.  I hear prison food is horrible so 138 might be doable.  LOL!

• LOL 5
18 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I have no clue who it was I'm trying to think. Lol but Ally Traylor was never point so it wasn't her. 

She seemed to be a leader of some sorts that season ...teaching the dances and also seemed Kelli's go to girl .... hmmm ... season 6 is on now gonna have to pay attention LOL!!

23 minutes ago, lah715 said:

She seemed to be a leader of some sorts that season ...teaching the dances and also seemed Kelli's go to girl .... hmmm ... season 6 is on now gonna have to pay attention LOL!!

Lol yeah. I don't know where she was in the formation. If Whitney Isleib was point for 2 years, then it was her. I can never remember if she was for one or two. 

• Useful 1
50 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Lol yeah. I don't know where she was in the formation. If Whitney Isleib was point for 2 years, then it was her. I can never remember if she was for one or two. 

I think it was Whitney. 

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, dariafan said:

Victoria ( not vk) but the one who was larger than most cheerleaders said 138 is not a comfortable weight for her.   I don’t understand why she didn’t go to jay when she was told to go to jay.  She might not have been cut so early. 

I don't like Jay but damn, if they said call Jay I'd be knocking down his door.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I think it was Whitney. 

Just watched on pluto .... they show a quick glimpse of the point ... yeah its Whitney ... funny the didnt start making it a big deal of showing point girl until season 7 😏

53 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Season 7:  Anyone remember how long it was between First Meeting and first rehearsal? Still trying to figure out if K&J knew about TCC Carla Ann's boyfriend's photos before TC started or if they were sent at a later date.

If they knew, Charlotte probably knew and if she wasn't happy about Alex B's issues in season whatever it was...…….I doubt she would have allowed her into TC.

• Useful 1
15 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Another thing I'm wondering about is what the heck ever happened to TCC Sinitia Jimmy (same season).  She was seen in the background a few times and then vanished into thin air.

I think the story was that she had a legal issue. It's too bad however because she looked strong in some of the clips of her dancing in the background. 

Watching season 7, and while there were definitely some weak cheerleaders (hello Emily and Teri), I think that was such a diverse and talented group. Some really great dancers and performers Jacie, Olivia, Carissa, Jennifer, Kinzie, Jenna, Kali and other really memorable or likeable DCCs -Danielle, Alex H, Ashley. I also thought Season 3 was a great class, as well as Season 8 and 9, but with 8 and 9, I thought there were just 3 or 4 standouts (Melissa, Erica, Lacey and Amy, Megan C, Holly, etc), more so than it being great top to bottom. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Another thing I'm wondering about is what the heck ever happened to TCC Sinitia Jimmy (same season).  She was seen in the background a few times and then vanished into thin air.

There was a mugshot of her arrested for an assault charge. I can't find it anymore. Probably why her cut wasn't shown.

12 hours ago, Bkuethe said:

Does anyone remember the episode where a group of vets went to Kelly to complain about the placement in the triangle.  What season and episode did this happen?  Or am I just imagining that?!

I think that was in the 2 hour special ... there was an issue about cheering on the visitors side ... I am wondering if that is why after that it was decided to rotate each quarter ????

36 minutes ago, lah715 said:

I think that was in the 2 hour special ... there was an issue about cheering on the visitors side ... I am wondering if that is why after that it was decided to rotate each quarter ????

What season was the two hour special? Is it available anywhere?

So I found this funny Courtney Season 9 wearing what looks like high heel shoes (sneakers) and then look at the guys behind her watching her walk into practice that is quite an outfit  .... guess if I was young and in shape (days long gone LOL!)IMG_8614.jpg.9844b38f12df18491f4bb3e1e0360d49.jpgIMG_8615.jpg.8c599108595d0db571a6aae6cf39a2c8.jpg

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lah715 said:

So I found this funny Courtney Season 9 wearing what looks like high heel shoes (sneakers) and then look at the guys behind her watching her walk into practice that is quite an outfit  .... guess if I was young and in shape (days long gone LOL!)IMG_8614.jpg.9844b38f12df18491f4bb3e1e0360d49.jpgIMG_8615.jpg.8c599108595d0db571a6aae6cf39a2c8.jpg

She was soooo adorable!  And you go, shortie, rockin' them high heeled sneakers!

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

There was a mugshot of her arrested for an assault charge. I can't find it anymore. Probably why her cut wasn't shown.

Ah! I was sure she was arrested for something but couldn't find any info anywhere.  Thanks!  Hmmm was she arrested during Training Camp?  Might be why her cut wasn't shown is that she was in jail.  Maybe she just stopped showing up to rehearsals?

40 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Ah! I was sure she was arrested for something but couldn't find any info anywhere.  Thanks!  Hmmm was she arrested during Training Camp?  Might be why her cut wasn't shown is that she was in jail.  Maybe she just stopped showing up to rehearsals?

From an old post. 

0CD3B962-C876-4188-8561-55D18C0254B7.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Was the Veteran Jenna (cheered in 2011) that auditioned to come back in season 11 cut or did she retire in 2011?

She danced for the San Antonio Spurs Silver Dancers for 2 seasons. 

• Useful 3
13 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

She danced for the San Antonio Spurs Silver Dancers for 2 seasons. 

Thx.  

25 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

She was cut.

What was she cut for?

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Formatting and forum being glitchy and not letting me edit

IIRC, Jenna was outdanced and had gained weight from her rookie year. She came back and reauditioned after going to the Spurs dancers, and I remember being disappointed that she didn’t get a come back spot. 

Side note - watching the infamous interview with Kat and her cut out dress. I find myself wondering what the heck appropriate occasion would even be for that dress. It had much larger cutouts than I remembered, so wouldn’t be appropriate for work even in a more fashion forward workplace. (And I’ve worked in several retail buying offices and attended multiple fashion weeks. That wouldn’t even fly with us.) 

The top of the dress is very wear to work, so wouldn’t be great for brunch, and it’s not quite dressy enough for a cocktail party. I loved the color and the cut of it (without the cutouts) but this was a dress I would have left on the rack. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Side note - watching the infamous interview with Kat and her cut out dress. I find myself wondering what the heck appropriate occasion would even be for that dress. It had much larger cutouts than I remembered, so wouldn’t be appropriate for work even in a more fashion forward workplace. (And I’ve worked in several retail buying offices and attended multiple fashion weeks. That wouldn’t even fly with us.) 

The top of the dress is very wear to work, so wouldn’t be great for brunch, and it’s not quite dressy enough for a cocktail party. I loved the color and the cut of it (without the cutouts) but this was a dress I would have left on the rack. 

I remember thinking it seemed like an odd choice for a dress, but then, a lot of the dresses worn for interview are definitely not my style (Chicago winter ninja wouldn't fly in Dallas).  It's a hard choice though sometimes when you're trying to walk a line between frumpy and inappropriate.  I also remember thinking when they interviewed her at her place of work in the first year she tried out that the skirt she was wearing was crazy short for a professional environment.  Of course, if I had her legs, perhaps I'd have different ideas about skirt lengths, but who knows.  Right now I'm going through my closet trying to decide if a couple of the pencil skirts I've got are office appropriate or not.....they've got an obvious metal zipper, so I'm probably going to err on the side of "not."  Just not the kind of risk you want to take professionally, whether it's cutouts or zippers 🤷‍♀️

• Love 4
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

I agree! I just saw this episode again last week and I guess I had forgotten how really "cut out" it was. Basically just connected in the front in a triangle like a club dress. I also think she may have been too skinny for it, because the bottom half looked like it was hanging off her a little instead of acting as the skirt part of a two piece outfit. I still don't think that she needed to be dressed down like she was, since as a veteran they obviously had a whole year to see how she dressed for appearances and if it wasn't right, Kelly could have corrected it at any time. But yeah, the dress was different than I remembered.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, raindancer said:

I remember thinking it seemed like an odd choice for a dress, but then, a lot of the dresses worn for interview are definitely not my style (Chicago winter ninja wouldn't fly in Dallas).  It's a hard choice though sometimes when you're trying to walk a line between frumpy and inappropriate.  I also remember thinking when they interviewed her at her place of work in the first year she tried out that the skirt she was wearing was crazy short for a professional environment.  Of course, if I had her legs, perhaps I'd have different ideas about skirt lengths, but who knows.  Right now I'm going through my closet trying to decide if a couple of the pencil skirts I've got are office appropriate or not.....they've got an obvious metal zipper, so I'm probably going to err on the side of "not."  Just not the kind of risk you want to take professionally, whether it's cutouts or zippers 🤷‍♀️

See, and I remember liking that outfit, but don’t remember how short it was. I know A LOT of sports marketing (heck, any marketing) and medical/pharm sales people that wear some seriously sexy, form fitting suits to work. And I saw some super short skirts (with tights) at my own workplace, so I think my threshold for that is probably pretty high. Apparently I draw the line at bare midriff 😂 

And super agree on fit! Dressing a very slim figure can be just as tricky as my tall, plus sized one for sure. Getting dressed any given day as a woman isn’t easy. As Kelli says during uniform fittings, it’s amazing how so many women that are essentially the same size can be so very different. 

ETA: I suspect one of the reasons Brenda (?) was so tough on Kat is because she’s a vet and also one of the older team members with a professional work history. I think if a 20 year old had worn the same outfit she might have been chided but chalked it up to a lack of experience/immaturity. Really, Kat should have known better. And I think she did, because she mentioned in her talking head that If she had questioned it she should have made a safer choice. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, raindancer said:

Right now I'm going through my closet trying to decide if a couple of the pencil skirts I've got are office appropriate or not.....they've got an obvious metal zipper, so I'm probably going to err on the side of "not."  Just not the kind of risk you want to take professionally, whether it's cutouts or zippers

What's wrong with a zipper?

10 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I just saw this episode again last week and I guess I had forgotten how really "cut out" it was.

Same, I didn't remember it being quite as bad.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I have hopped off & on of Pluto seeing 3-4 episodes probably per season.  I just realized I am not seeing any episodes featuring shooting the calendar or the ones featuring the reveal.  Did they just acquire regular season only episodes?

I've seen multiple reveals and at least one calendar shoot on Pluto, so they are in there somewhere.

28 minutes ago, PhillyFan said:

Anyone else notice that Pluto will jump back and replay a scene immediately after it finishes?

Yep.  Sometimes it will play the same episode it just played as well.

8 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Wait, is my girl Brenda vindicated for being annoyed with Kat about the dress? 😊

Ultimately, I never thought the dress mattered much. Kat was destined to be cut.

I'll never like Brenda but I don't think dressgate was the only reason Kat was cut.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Wait, is my girl Brenda vindicated for being annoyed with Kat about the dress? 😊

Ultimately, I never thought the dress mattered much. Kat was destined to be cut.

I agree, Brenda heard Char/Kelli say Kat may need to go.  Brenda decided to pull her badass news reporter attack mode on Kat to help make it easier for the queens Char/Kelli to cut her.  So Brenda earns herself a guaranteed future spot on the panel.  It wasn't about the dress.  The decision had been made.  Brenda just did the dirty work.  It's the same Brenda that teared up on Veruca.  Apparently the judges spot is worth selling your soul over (Scott, are you reading this??)  Gurrrlfren, Brenda is my least favorite judge.

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I'll never like Brenda but I don't think dressgate was the only reason Kat was cut.

I think Kat barely made the team as it was her rookie season.  I honestly didn't think she'd make a second season.

• Love 4

Ok, this is a wishing question. Are there any electronics nerds on the board who can figure out how to record Seasons 1 and 2 from Pluto? There's got to be a way, surely....

3 hours ago, dariafan said:

Wad Erica Jenkins only on the squad for 2 seasons ?

According to the Wikipedia list of veterans/rookies per year, yes. She was a rookie in 2007 season, and a vet in 2008, and her name is gone after that. 

• Love 2