Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

Just now, MrsEVH said:

While Cassie was talking Brittany Evans was giving her that same look.

I  put the screen grab of that scene above, that is a great "wtf" face!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 1/4/2020 at 3:34 PM, KnyghtRyder said:

This scene will always be endlessly fascinating to me. IMO, what should have happened, is that Cassie or Ally - as DCC leaders - should have addressed it immediately and privately with Taylor if really that much of an issue/problem in their small group or in the larger squad as a whole. To me, if it was such an issue that Cassie couldn’t physically contain herself, it was something that very well could have (and SHOULD HAVE) been addressed much sooner and in an one-on-one session with her Group “Leader.” 

But it is entirely evident to me that DCC is not actually developing leaders. But just girls who can keep count and keep bunch of other girls in step. Sometimes. 

On 1/4/2020 at 4:07 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I still think they do more than we think they do - running practices, teaching and cleaning up dances, working with rookies on learning the DCC way, dealing with concerns and issues, etc.  Didn't Milan say in her podcast you go thru the leaders first before you email K&J?  And it doesn't seem as though K&J respond all that fast.  I feel that while K&J do care about the girls, it is first and foremost a business.

On 1/4/2020 at 5:01 PM, KnyghtRyder said:

I think you are right. I’m just being a little snarky. And granted, I’m a 42 year old woman with a career that has afforded me the opportunity to take a lot of leadership training as well as the opportunity to actually use the training. I wish the DCC leadership positions did the same - not just manage things but actually lead. I mean, maybe they do and this situation - possibly due to the personalities involved - just devolved into a cat fight instead. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Depending on the situation, if I had been in Cassie’s position, and I either:

1. Overheard Taylor boast that she didn’t need to practice full well knowing that Taylor didn’t know the dances, I probably would have either done an immediate on the spot correction or pulled her aside for a private conversation.

Or 2. If the other girls brought it to my attention that Taylor had made these comments, I would have evaluated Taylor’s dancing during the small group practice (since we know this happens even though we don’t see it on CMT:MTT) to see if what I observed corroborated the girls’ statements. And then had a private conversation with her (even if their statements were proven to be baseless, at least let her know that she was rubbing some of the girls the wrong way...I mean, these are your sisters! 😋).

If, at that point, Taylor still didn’t take Cassies direction/corrections and was still messing up and getting called out by K&J, it is then time for Cassie to request a one-on-one with K&J, first line supervisor to second line supervisor, then progress to meetings with K&J, Cassie AND Taylor from there. 

I could go on and on. I actually managed our probationary training program for a bit (hence why I took lots of leadership training), but it’s boring and no one really cares. But it is why I find this particular slice of behind the DCC curtain so fascinating. I know these are young woman, some barely out of high school, so expecting decorum and professional courtesy may be a bit much, but if you are going to claim to be world-class, then actually BE world-class.  

With alllll that being said, I found Taylor annoying and I’d have booted her out too. 

Who were Taylor's GROUP LEADERS that year? Just wondering.  Those should have been the ones to call out her behavior.

• Love 1
On 11/11/2019 at 3:16 PM, lah715 said:

I liked her up until the 5th season when she used her clout to get her BFF on the team 🙄

I wasnt a fan from the beginning and I'm not real sure why. Dulcet was my favorite from season 1. And Melissa. 

On 1/2/2020 at 6:09 AM, cherryblossom said:

Concerning Cheryl Dorris AKA Door Lady had breast cancer 5 years ago.  Somehow I found a recent podcast she made with the cohost of another Cowboys’ show.  It was about breast cancer.  She said they had a makeup person who had breast cancer & opted to go a natural diet based approach.  She finally went for traditional treatment but it was too late & she died.  Cheryl also struggled with really believing she had cancer as if she was standing outside watching it happen to someone else.  Someone said on LinkedIn it showed she wasn’t working for Kelli as of Nov.  Does anyone know about this.  I would hope it was because she decided to retire & not because her cancer came back.

Look like the position has been posted online - https://www.teamworkonline.com/football-jobs/footballjobs/dallas-cowboys-29704/administrative-assistant-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-1966964

• Love 2

Oh, my gosh. I'm watching the last episode of Season 7 on Pluto, and seeing Miss Carbonation causes Cellulite going to Nicole's HOME to rummage in her fridge is so far over the line that HR can't even see it in the rear view window. 

The decision by Kelli to have this woman go to Kim/Jennifer's home, and Nicole's home seems like she wants control over every aspect of their lives. No good boundaries there. 

I hope these home invastions were counted as "appearances" so the girls could get paid. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Opine said:

They require a degree and all sorts of experience.....so I am thinking as high as $12k considering the value JJ puts on the cheerleaders?

No kidding.  I still think Kelli needs an assistant director as well.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, MelissaMinion said:

Oh, my gosh. I'm watching the last episode of Season 7 on Pluto, and seeing Miss Carbonation causes Cellulite going to Nicole's HOME to rummage in her fridge is so far over the line that HR can't even see it in the rear view window. 

The decision by Kelli to have this woman go to Kim/Jennifer's home, and Nicole's home seems like she wants control over every aspect of their lives. No good boundaries there. 

I hope these home invastions were counted as "appearances" so the girls could get paid. 

The swimsuit episode in on now ... the swimsuit "Fashion Show" makes me cringe a little those bathing suits leave little to the imagination ... some are down right raunchy (yikes)

• Love 2

Why oh why did I click on stupid Pluto!? This is a bigger time suck than instagram....

Couple things-

Kali Nicole and Alex Hermès are both adorable. Were they well liked? 

as bad as the nepotism seemed at the time with Cassie, it pales in comparison to the VK-o-Rama we have now. Cassie never impressed me, she just seemed to have an expressionless look to me, but I think so did Whitney Isleib 

those breast cancer Performance outfits are TERRIBLE! They’re way too little-pageant-girl! Ick! (I think this is season 7?) 

Does anyone have a roster of everyone from the show and their tenure on the squad? Just curious re-watching this who are the one and dones. 

26 minutes ago, TennInTexas said:

It seems they were - even after they both left the squad, they have been bridesmaids, attended baby and bridal showers, pictured on other alumni's social media, etc.  I think Kali now works at Mia's dance studio.  Alex lives in California, but visits Dallas and the girls visit her.

• Love 2
On 1/6/2020 at 1:53 PM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Who were Taylor's GROUP LEADERS that year? Just wondering.  Those should have been the ones to call out her behavior.

Oh I agree! It should have been the GL...I guess I was assuming it Cassie due to her reaction. But if Cassie was a different Groups 1st/2nd Leader, then it just strengthens my stance that the DCC group “leader” dynamic isn’t very strong.

3 hours ago, TennInTexas said:

Why oh why did I click on stupid Pluto!? This is a bigger time suck than instagram....

Couple things-

as bad as the nepotism seemed at the time with Cassie, it pales in comparison to the VK-o-Rama we have now. Cassie never impressed me, she just seemed to have an expressionless look to me, but I think so did Whitney Isleib 

those breast cancer Performance outfits are TERRIBLE! They’re way too little-pageant-girl! Ick! (I think this is season 7?) 

Does anyone have a roster of everyone from the show and their tenure on the squad? Just curious re-watching this who are the one and dones. 

Welcome to the rest your life, @TennInTexas. You are one of us now. 

I though Kali and Alex Hermès were gorgeous! 

I actually thought Cassie looked good her last year. Front of the Squad Photo good? No, but I thought she looked her best that season.

At the risk of getting tomatoes thrown at me...this is first time for this public admittance...I never found Whitney Isleib either A. Attractive or B. Engaging. Maybe she was a good dancer, but she was so basic looking compared to the others. I have no idea how she got such a high standing in KelFine’s eyes. 

And quite honestly after the Halloween costume inappropriateness (thanks to Pluto, that gets to live in perpetual reruns) she didn’t seem to have a very high emotional IQ. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 6

Somehow the gods have smiled upon me again and Season 8 Episode 6 is playing on Pluto. I call it, “Here Come The Fatties!!”

KelFine: 😠 You are all 🐷🐷🐷🐷

Danielle: 🥺

Kim: 😢

Paige: 😭

Chelsea: 🤡 

Kitty: 👿

KelFine: 😒

Chelsea: 😇

KelFine: 🤔...

Chelsea: 😇😇😇...😬...

KelFine: 😡

Chelsea: 😱

Kitty: 😈

Judy: 😳

The End. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • LOL 21
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Oh I agree! It should have been the GL...I guess I was assuming it Cassie due to her reaction. But if Cassie was a different Groups 1st/2nd Leader, then it just strengthens my stance that the DCC group “leader” dynamic isn’t very strong.

If they didn't do any funny editing, then it looks as though Taylor was in Group 2 which was Britney Evans, which might explain the funny look she was giving Cassie:)

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, KnyghtRyder said:

At the risk of getting tomatoes thrown at me...this is first time for this public admittance...I never found Whitney Isleib either A. Attractive or B. Engaging. Maybe she was a good dancer, but she was so basic looking compared to the others. I have no idea how she got such a high standing in KelFine’s eyes. 

And quite honestly after the Halloween costume inappropriateness (thanks to Pluto, that gets to live in perpetual reruns) she didn’t seem to have a very high emotional IQ. 

No tomatoes here; I agree with you 100%. I think Whitney was one the blandest, most boring dancers I’ve ever seen. I couldn’t figure out why they put her at Point. Average looking (at best) with no charisma, no pop... somebody’s going to have to explain her allure to tptb to me.. 😂

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Blndee6 said:

No tomatoes here; I agree with you 100%. I think Whitney was one the blandest, most boring dancers I’ve ever seen. I couldn’t figure out why they put her at Point. Average looking (at best) with no charisma, no pop... somebody’s going to have to explain her allure to tptb to me.. 😂

Time for me to bring out the Whitney performance video!!!!  I think she looks great here as well as the rest of the girls.  Not a show group performance, just the vets from season 7.  Cassie, Lauren, Jackie, etc on the other side of the stage.

This next video put up by Emily Claire from Season 7

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Time for me to bring out the Whitney performance video!!!!  I think she looks great here as well as the rest of the girls.  Not a show group performance, just the vets from season 7.  Cassie, Lauren, Jackie, etc on the other side of the stage.

This next video put up by Emily Claire from Season 7

They all look really good and very cohesive...unlike the trio for this season- which is a mismatched group. The 2 points are the least sexy/beautiful...and Amy in particular, is plain and short legged. The difference in the 'wow' factor is unbelievable. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, fawn said:

They all look really good and very cohesive...unlike the trio for this season- which is a mismatched group. The 2 points are the least sexy/beautiful...and Amy in particular, is plain and short legged. The difference in the 'wow' factor is unbelievable. 

Those three aren't even the triangle for games - if you're referring to Whitney, Sydney and Mia.  But overall the "wow" factor compared to this year's show group is unbelievable

16 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Those three aren't even the triangle for games - if you're referring to Whitney, Sydney and Mia.  But overall the "wow" factor compared to this year's show group is unbelievable

Is VK in this video?  Can’t really tell.  Has she performed at most of the appearances?  How do they decide who goes to what appearance?  Who has had the most appearances?  

3 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

Is VK in this video?  Can’t really tell.  Has she performed at most of the appearances?  How do they decide who goes to what appearance?  Who has had the most appearances?  

I'll post another one that I think she's in, but I'll put it in the Current Thread.

7 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Somehow the gods have smiled up me again and Season 8 Episode 6 is playing on Pluto. I call it, “Here Come The Fatties!!”

KelFine: 😠 You are all 🐷🐷🐷🐷

Danielle: 🥺

Kim: 😢

Paige: 😭

Chelsea: 🤡 

Kitty: 👿

KelFine: 😒

Chelsea: 😇

KelFine: 🤔...

Chelsea: 😇😇😇...😬...

KelFine: 😡

Chelsea: 😱

Kitty: 😈

Judy: 😳

The End. 

Hah, perfect!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I always thought Whitney was one of the best DCC style dancers they ever had. I don't think she ever missed a beat. She had that down home girl next door look and a figure to die for.  

Yeah like I said, she may have been a fantastic dancer but I found her so plain, I never wanted to watch her. I would rather watch some of the other girls those years. I think some in the forums here feel that way about current DCC Caroline, amazing dancer but basic looking and nothing to get excited about (for record I don’t feel that way about Caroline, I think she’s gorgeous, but I’ve seen comments).  It’s funny how we all have our favorites - and non-favorites - and what our criteria is that make them our favorites. 

It’s also interesting, watching all the past seasons on Pluto. There are some I loved first time around and upon rewatch I can’t recall why or they annoy me (Brooke, and I can’t really pinpoint why). Some that I completely forgot about or never even knew existed (hello, Carey DePasquale). And some that I feel weren’t as bad as I thought they were the first time around (Sorry for the things I said, Sarah Gourley. I take them back!) 

• Love 6

I don’t get the Whitney love, either. She had showmanship, but so did most of the squad back then. And she did have a bland look. Took awesome photos, though. Like Caroline. 

Also never got the Holly Arielle love. Pretty girl, though. I will always wonder why she wasn’t asked to be an All-Star. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, phylogeny said:

Jay is dead to me for his zeal of having Kali cut from the squad at auditions

The only think I have ever agreed with Jay one is Cassie's 5th year audition. She was injured and stumbled her way through it. Jay asked would the judges extend the same grace to a rookie auditioning? This is also the only time I have ever disagreed with Kristi Scales. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

Does anyone know what the Courtney who was cut at the last moment from Season 10 is doing now? I liked her a lot. 

After getting cut from the DCC she went back to the DS Ice Girls for a 2nd season. I think she might have retired from dancing. Her IG is courtlynnjohnson

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

The only think I have ever agreed with Jay one is Cassie's 5th year audition. She was injured and stumbled her way through it. Jay asked would the judges extend the same grace to a rookie auditioning? This is also the only time I have ever disagreed with Kristi Scales. 

I kinda felt like that was for show. Everyone knew that she would make it back just because of who she is. Everyone knew they wouldn’t extend the same grace to a random nobody. When it was said that they knew she was a DCC, I wish someone had said something to the effect of “she was a DCC but not this year”. 

• Love 1

Why do the guest choreographers come in to teach a new dance and look like they slept in an alleyway?  Tyce Diorio (however it’s spelled) and his assistant looked like hobos. To me it doesn’t make their routine look good at all. Another one that has come several times with a jacket tied to their waist.  Just curious on everyone’s thoughts on this. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I’d forgotten how annoying Savannah’s hair side-part was! It’s literally right above her ear and just looks silly...

Young Briana might be able to dance but heavens, she’s dull as dishwater! Waaaaay too timid. 

• LOL 1
5 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Current season on Pluto:  What is the point of having "alumnae" critique the TCCs (besides another chance to shove Cassie Trammell Loftin down our throats)? Might as well have them teaching Training Camp.

I think the idea was that the alumni could offer critique based on their own experience of being a DCC and dancing that particular style for many years, plus how to succeed in training camp.  I thought Sarah Idziak (sp?) and Ashton Torres had very good specific advice for certain girls in the workshop.  I didn't hate them featuring the alumni, but I didn't think Cassie offered anything particularly groundbreaking.  "I was the task-master."  Um, ok?  Doesn't really help them in their rookie year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Current season on Pluto:  What is the point of having "alumnae" critique the TCCs (besides another chance to shove Cassie Trammell Loftin down our throats)? Might as well have them teaching Training Camp.

Because then, like for sure, we can like, listen to Mia and her "valley girl" voice.

2 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

I thought Sarah Idziak (sp?) and Ashton Torres had very good specific advice for certain girls in the workshop.

They are honest which is what you want.

4 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

I didn't think Cassie offered anything particularly groundbreaking.  "I was the task-master."  Um, ok?  Doesn't really help them in their rookie year.

I've never listened to what she said.  I just fast forward thru her part:)  I know there is something about smiling, not smiling - something like that.

6 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

I didn't hate them featuring the alumni, but I didn't think Cassie offered anything particularly groundbreaking. 

THANK YOU

1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

I've never listened to what she said.  I just fast forward thru her part:)  I know there is something about smiling, not smiling - something like that.

Cassie....just ugh...

Another irritation....

WHY do they have a CMT camera in the LOCKER ROOM? That should be a private/safe place. And I swear if I see that James Franco commercial one more time......UGH

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Added something.
3 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

WHY do they have a CMT camera in the LOCKER ROOM? That should be a private/safe place. 

I'm assuming that there is a warning when the CMT cameras are in the room.  However, is there a warning when a girl is filming with her phone?

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Coffeefrog19 said:

Why do the guest choreographers come in to teach a new dance and look like they slept in an alleyway?  Tyce Diorio (however it’s spelled) and his assistant looked like hobos. To me it doesn’t make their routine look good at all. Another one that has come several times with a jacket tied to their waist.  Just curious on everyone’s thoughts on this. 

I mentioned this also a while back.  I finally figured I was just too old to be hip.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 1/1/2020 at 10:59 AM, dotdot 37 said:

watched 108 and i have a question about the end of year dinner where Kelly said that alumni who had contributed and influenced the team were invited to talk and share with the girls and there was TK so tell me what she did that was so great that she got invited

Seems few people know  (on the forum at least) that Tina is often referred by alumni as one of the greatest group leaders they ever had back when she cheered and she was also the assistant to DCC director in the 90’s.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
30 minutes ago, NinjaMom11 said:

Seems few people know  (on the forum at least) that Tina is often referred by alumni as one of the greatest group leaders they ever had back when she cheered and she was also the assistant to DCC director in the 90’s.  

So, she was Kelli's assistant?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 1/8/2020 at 12:45 AM, RedDelicious said:

I always thought Whitney was one of the best DCC style dancers they ever had. I don't think she ever missed a beat. She had that down home girl next door look and a figure to die for.  

Agree on all counts... what she really had going for her was you could check off all the boxes: really pretty, sexy, All-American girl look, & fresh-natural looking (not fake, cheap, platinum blond),She had the ability to morph back and forth between these looks....and radiated in her performance style and the camera LOVED her. And yes, great body with perfect proportions. 

It's not common for a dancer/cheerleader to have all this at her disposal. I think Dayton has the same kind of assets...beautiful & wholesome, but can pull off sultry/sexy, innocence, and all american too. (come to think of it...Madleine S. has potential in all of this too...love her!)

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

And I swear if I see that James Franco commercial one more time......UGH

I have to leave the room when that god awful thing comes on.  It’s right up there with that inane trolly, trolly, trolly ad they used to play to death.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3