Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Jeanne's Story LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Reminder: Please do not discuss politics via topic of disability/Medicare & "stealing from the public". Only address issues related to people on the show, not everyone in a given group.  Let's veer away from assumptions that head us down that slope. 

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Oh please.  Like the camera just happened to be there when she called her Dad.  This has to have been edited in some way.

The cameras are following her all the time, so I don't think it's that odd that they caught that on film.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I saw that in the description on the first page but did they actually mention that in the show? (I don't remember how her dad factored into the sob story.)

I don't think it was mentioned in the show.  Also, I hadn't read anywhere that there was going to be a death.

• Love 2
Just now, Snarkastikate said:

This tragedy is the excuse she needs to gorge for the next ten years...not that she would last that long.  I do understand their reactions though.  It's so shocking it's hard to process, like Jeanne said.  She's right about that.  My husband passed away while we were in vacation 6 yrs ago... I found him dead in the car when I came out from a store after I ran in to pick up a few things.  Like Jeanne and her mom, I was stuck  alone many hours from home.  I was a zombie for days.   

I am so sorry .....i can't imagine...so much pain in this world😪

• Love 1

I really, really hope that they have some kind of support network at home--friends, other relatives, church folk. Also, they need some kind of in home housekeeping help and a home health aide too since her mom is in no shape to be a full-time caregiver to her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

I guess we all grieve differently.  I was at 139 and went down to 130 in less than 10 days, and I am 5’9”.   Eating was the absolute last thing on my mind when my dad died.  That being sad, my sister hasn’t been able to stop eating.  It is wild how people grieve in completely ways.

Edited by Oh My.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, Wanda said:

Bitch that I am, she’s a smidge happy to have a valid excuse to give upon the diet

Smoosh on over and make room for me on that couch. It was the first thing out of her mouth. "I can't think about the diet right now!"

Oh my god this house is a sty. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18

Omg those poor dogs...one of them holding up one of its legs! What kind of horror show has this been?! I should have stayed longer at my friends party and continued drinking. 

1 minute ago, 88Keys said:

The cameras are following her all the time, so I don't think it's that odd that they caught that on film.

Quite possibly but it still smacks of sensationalism to make this episode unusual.

2 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

This tragedy is the excuse she needs to gorge for the next ten years...not that she would last that long.  I do understand their reactions though.  It's so shocking it's hard to process, like Jeanne said.  She's right about that.  My husband passed away while we were in vacation 6 yrs ago... I found him dead in the car when I came out from a store after I ran in to pick up a few things.  Like Jeanne and her mom, I was stuck  alone many hours from home.  I was a zombie for days.   

So very sorry you had to go through that. Major cyber hugs to you.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

That last scene was right out of Hoarders...dog hoarders...Poor dogs.  They need an Intervention.  This a three-way cross-over.  She wins the award.

Pretty sure there were piles of dog crap on the floor.

1 minute ago, Julyolo said:

Again, adult protective services needs to be involved. They are both a danger to themselves and each other.

Someone should investigate the dogs, too.

• Love 15