Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

But he surely knows about $$$ and I'm sure he's feathering his retirement nest with said funds!

Then he'd better make sure they get married and stay that way for a while. Otherwise, the kids may get most of it. 

• Useful 1
(edited)
On 7/1/2020 at 1:42 PM, LucyEth said:

It appears to be just a van.  Not an RV or anything that has a toilet or kitchen facilities.  Basically they are homeless.  

That van has a small sink, back turns into a bed, or you can pop the top and can have a bed there. If they stay at parks or KOAs they’ll be fine. Roughing it but fine.  My friends have one and I still want one to this day. Too old for that now. 

Edited by SMama
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

EA234A44-F562-430C-A848-495FF0A442AC.jpeg

Not buying it Amy. That little garden was there when you moved in!  Yep you hung a few plants in buckets and added a cheap bird feeder but those old established, beautiful plants came with the house.

Amy kills me with her pretend cooking and now pretend gardening!!!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Not buying it Amy. That little garden was there when you moved in!  Yep you hung a few plants in buckets and added a cheap bird feeder but those old established, beautiful plants came with the house.

Amy kills me with her pretend cooking and now pretend gardening!!!

And she's going to need a higher step stool if she wants to spy on the neighbors.

• LOL 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot, Amy said, “Fourth of July, it’s just Chris and I.”.

(groan) Or.....Chris and me.

Edited by DonnaMae
I just realized that this time she is correct. I should be 'I'.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

Oh, no, typo.  She is correct because it should be it should be 'I', not 'me'.

Where is the "Chris and (whoever)" quote?  I didn't see it, so I can't officially snark on it.

6 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Where is the "Chris and (whoever)" quote?  I didn't see it, so I can't officially snark on it.

I think it was an instagram story, so she spoke it.  Not written anywhere.

• Love 2

There is no sentence in which "it's just Chris and I" could be correct.  "It" is the subject, so Chris and Amy are the objects, requiring "and me".  

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot, Amy said, “Fourth of July, it’s just Chris and I.”.

9CE80F99-11E5-416A-B3DB-6A00D36B5F25.jpeg

For some reason, I’m not sure if it’s the device you use, but I sometimesget a cropped or magnified version of her instastories.  It will look like 

ADBCC82F-0A80-4106-AE28-A1C04FC55AAF.jpeg.ff4533e7032237a0d7c7dd851cca6b95.jpeg

instead of the whole screen. Is anybody else experiencing this?

Are the two friends of Amy, Lisa and the one I forget the name of all the time, both involved with Amy’s Roloff’s Little Kitchen or just Lisa? Since I watched the show sporadically, when Chris and Amy started dating, did any of the family have a problem with it?  I guess I should say was anything shown on camera?  I always wondered about Matt and Caryn too, but that’s for another thread.

2 hours ago, Quof said:

There is no sentence in which "it's just Chris and I" could be correct.  "It" is the subject, so Chris and Amy are the objects, requiring "and me".  

You can look it up online, as I did.  Actually Chris and I is the proper, formal way to say this, but apparently today it is acceptable to say Chris and me.  We're not a very formal society these days.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Quof said:

Proper English is not “formal.” It is “correct.” Lots of people saying the wrong thing does not change it from wrong to right. 

I agree.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

You can look it up online, as I did.  Actually Chris and I is the proper, formal way to say this, but apparently today it is acceptable to say Chris and me.  We're not a very formal society these days.  

Yes, it’s called the predicate nominative case. In spoken word, it sounds formal, but it is correct grammatically. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I only put what she said because I couldn’t copy the audio. Went back to it, it’s still up, and the exact quote was, “It’s just gonna be Chris and I.”. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

For some reason, I’m not sure if it’s the device you use, but I sometimesget a cropped or magnified version of her instastories.  It will look like 

ADBCC82F-0A80-4106-AE28-A1C04FC55AAF.jpeg.ff4533e7032237a0d7c7dd851cca6b95.jpeg

instead of the whole screen. Is anybody else experiencing this?

I’m not sure what that’s about. I sometimes screenshot and crop to remove what appears of my phone, in addition to the picture.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/27/2020 at 7:06 PM, winsomeone said:

This is way off topic, but does anyone remember back when they finished remodeling the farm house? Some things did not pass inspection, and Amy was super aggressive with the man doing the inspection. She ran to his truck and prevented him from leaving the farm. What I can't remember, is whether she sat in the driver's seat of his truck, or did she actually sit on his lap? I think she had to be threatened with him calling the police before she finally allowed him to leave?

This is a picture from a blog called Spiritswander from the episode that shows Amy in the vehicle with the inspector, although we can’t see where his legs are in the vehicle.  I guess they could be on the passenger’s side if he’s leaning in from that side.   I don’t remember the lawsuit that well, I guess I wasn’t watching at that point, did they mention it on the show?  

rwai2.jpg

There may be more, but this was found during a quick Google search.

Edited by Irate Panda
On 7/5/2020 at 11:14 AM, DonnaMae said:

Oh, no, typo.  She is correct because it should be it should be 'I', not 'me'.

No, you were right the first time, it should be "me." Take Chris out of the sentence and how would you say it?

“Fourth of July, it’s just I”

or

“Fourth of July, it’s just me”?

Take the other person out of the sentence and you'll have your answer. Another way to remember is "I" should be used at the beginning of the sentence and "me" at the end.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

No, you were right the first time, it should be "me." Take Chris out of the sentence and how would you say it?

“Fourth of July, it’s just I”

or

“Fourth of July, it’s just me”?

Take the other person out of the sentence and you'll have your answer. Another way to remember is "I" should be used at the beginning of the sentence and "me" at the end.

"Is" is a verb.  The word "me" would follow a preposition.  "It is I" turned around would be "I am it", not "Me am it".

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

"Is" is a verb.  The word "me" would follow a preposition.  "It is I" turned around would be "I am it", not "Me am it".

You’re correct. The subject of the sentence is “it”,  but “is” is the verb, so the pronoun should then be in the nominative case, not the objective case. There is no action, so the pronoun must name what “it” is.

Amy is right— however, she probably doesn’t know why.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Chris is looking unkempt these days.  He used to be well groomed and dressed nicely.  I wonder what's with that?

Maybe somebody needs to rescue him!  Lol

I like him a little scruffy around the house. I mean he’s like my dad’s age, but I think he nice looking for an older guy.  I’m guessing he just looks that why around the house and still dresses up for his job. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, seasons said:

Yep, I'm sure that chris has "amazing" grilling skills. /eyeroll

He should teach Zach.

And wtf was he grilling? 2 small hamburger patties? Yeah, those are some mean ass grillin' skills.

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, seasons said:

Yep, I'm sure that chris has "amazing" grilling skills. /eyeroll

He should teach Zach.

Our son-in-law really does the best job of grilling of anyone I've ever met.  But do NOT try to touch his grill.  LOL.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 7/5/2020 at 11:55 AM, Quof said:

Actually "Chris" and "I" serve as predicate nominative. "I" is correct. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Does Zach have a job? Or does he just suck off the money from Roloff farms? He seems, at times, very spoiled and arrogant. Just my perception of him. 

None of them work!  They are all Educators. Read Jeremy’s ramblings or Amy’s life story. You can’t put the books down and you learn sooo much from these influencers!  Tantalizing!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 7/5/2020 at 6:10 PM, PradaKitty said:

I think she was using “Chris and I” to rhyme with “Fourth of July”. 

... maybe I’m giving her too much credit..  

Maybe Amy is starting a career as a rapper? "Chris and I on the 4th of July. Chris be grillin' and I'm just chillin'"

• LOL 10
(edited)
7 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

Face at the front for us all to enjoy. 🙄  How about letting Chris take the photos for awhile, Amy.  I'd much rather look at his big face.

She thinks she's got to shove her big mug into every picture to prove she took it? 

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I just watched her video with Lisa where they made the broccoli crostini.  She kept licking her fingers, wiping her nose with the back of her hand and pushing her too-long bangs out of her eyes! 🙄  Lisa didn't do any of that.

• Love 2