Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, BAForever said:

So is she saying there is an "array" of foods? Like a wide variety?  Goodness sake. So she gets $$ from HelloChef for shilling their meal plans as an influencer?

HelloFresh- get a refund.

Yes I’m sure she meant “an array” I said that in my post but typical Amy never takes even a second to proof read anything even if it’s an advertisement for a company she just posts it warts and all! 🙄

She made sure everyone would know it’s an advertisement by putting #ad in top left corner and then a link to homechef at bottom.

• Like 4

I think Amy genuinely enjoys being the pumpkin farm greeter and there is no one else in the extended family willing to dress and be gregarious with the customers/guests.  Matt should pay her for her participation.  He'd have to pay anyone else he hired to be greeter.

• Like 6

Chris is really into it, so she  probably does it for him to a certain degree. If he didn't want to be part of it, I can't really see her wanting to be there around Matt and Caryn. Or does she still have a financial interest in that part of the business?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
20 hours ago, Teri313 said:

Chris is really into it, so she  probably does it for him to a certain degree. If he didn't want to be part of it, I can't really see her wanting to be there around Matt and Caryn. Or does she still have a financial interest in that part of the business?

Oh yes!  Amy is all about the money!

• Like 6

Anyone know if Amy still does cooking videos? I dont follow her on any SM platforms. But the holidays are coming up. Just wondered if she was going to bake Hallowen pumpkin poopy cookies for MyMan. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 10/25/2023 at 6:01 AM, floridamom said:

I only get to appreciate them when a kind poster here posts them on this site.

I don't know who the kind poster was that posted Amy's cooking videos but I would love to see more of them. However,  I'm not going to follow Amy on any SM platform just to view her cooking. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

I don't know who the kind poster was that posted Amy's cooking videos but I would love to see more of them. However,  I'm not going to follow Amy on any SM platform just to view her cooking. 

I used to watch them and post but I was usually grossed out by her cooking hygiene so I quit watching them  🤮

Hopefully she’s improved and no longer licks spoons and then goes back into the pot or takes raw meat off a plate and places the cooked meat on the same plate, I’ll never forget her frying chicken for literally 10 seconds and saying it was done!!! *BARF* or her cheese stuffed meatloaf that was all pink inside and bloody juice running all over the serving plate.. her cooking shows were more like horror shows!  😵‍💫

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

She has released a cookbook.

Her description:

These 76 recipes are tasty, comforting and family friendly, from the beginning to the end. These recipes remind me of my growing up years of using my imagination which helped me craft paper eggs for my play kitchen, raising my own family on the farm and gathering together with friends and family. I always have an extra seat open at the table and this cookbook is my way of sharing my passion and what I love to do: cooking, baking, and sharing recipes with you. I hope you will try some of the recipes in this cookbook and create more of your own memories of gathering around the table with family and friends.
Included in this cookbook series I have reserved journaling space for you to reference your own unique additions, modifications and memories.
From my little kitchen to yours…. Enjoy
Amy

9A965E4D-2A80-418E-B46A-79B51E5F94D8.jpeg

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
29 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Included in this cookbook series I have reserved journaling space for you to reference your own unique additions, modifications and memories.

"Journaling space" is nothing other than wasted pages in a book that otherwise would be 120 pages. Add the journaling pages and it's now a 350 page book. Nice try Amy.

• Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
16 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I used to watch them and post but I was usually grossed out by her cooking hygiene so I quit watching them  🤮

Hopefully she’s improved and no longer licks spoons and then goes back into the pot or takes raw meat off a plate and places the cooked meat on the same plate, I’ll never forget her frying chicken for literally 10 seconds and saying it was done!!! *BARF* or her cheese stuffed meatloaf that was all pink inside and bloody juice running all over the serving plate.. her cooking shows were more like horror shows!  😵‍💫

Yes and 10 seconds was being generous!  Nothing like raw chicken to set the mood 🤭 I liked when she’d put a pound of garlic and paprika in everything and never seemed to have the actual ingredients she needed for half the recipes. Honorable mention to when she had pieces of onion stuck to her face 😊

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Her cooking videos are way too long.

I agree, plus she should do her chopping of onions, etc., before she starts the video. And all ingredients and utensils should be there.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Her cooking videos are way too long. The unnecessary intros and incessant talking about everything else have really turned me off to these. Just get on with the recipe and finish up.

Maybe they make more $$ with longer videos and more ads!

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Her cooking videos are comedy gold!  You can find them on YouTube without following her, but it was convenient to find them posted here.

Her "growing up years of using my imagination"; what?  At least we know Amy personally wrote the description!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 6
On 10/28/2023 at 12:17 PM, ginger90 said:

These recipes remind me of my growing up years of using my imagination which helped me craft paper eggs for my play kitchen, raising my own family on the farm.

What the hell is she talking about? "Growing up years of using my imagination". Then she jumps to "which helped me craft paper eggs." Comedy gold Amy.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

This has to be self-published, right? She really should have hired a professional to rewrite this for her. And the price...lol.

On 10/28/2023 at 3:17 PM, ginger90 said:

She has released a cookbook.

Her description:

These 76 recipes are tasty, comforting and family friendly, from the beginning to the end. These recipes remind me of my growing up years of using my imagination which helped me craft paper eggs for my play kitchen, raising my own family on the farm and gathering together with friends and family. I always have an extra seat open at the table and this cookbook is my way of sharing my passion and what I love to do: cooking, baking, and sharing recipes with you. I hope you will try some of the recipes in this cookbook and create more of your own memories of gathering around the table with family and friends.
From my little kitchen to yours…. Enjoy
Amy

• LOL 2
12 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

This has to be self-published, right? She really should have hired a professional to rewrite this for her. And the price...lol.

It’s listed on Amazon as, “Independently published (October 17, 2023)”.

As long as I was there……

13C23674-442B-4960-B512-164515E2684C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

It’s listed on Amazon as, “Independently published (October 17, 2023)”.

As long as I was there……

13C23674-442B-4960-B512-164515E2684C.jpeg

"Language      English" - Well, okay.

Edited by Teri313
  • LOL 7

Well that was a grind…

Amy says she’s gonna call it Cowboy Soup about 10 times and mentions that she could call it “ Everything but the kitchen sink soup” because it’s made from whatever leftovers you’ve got on hand…. She had a couple carrots, potatoes, a link of sausage, a lb of lean ground beef, she picks up a little green thing and says it’s a bit of green pepper, sticks it to her nose, sniffs and says “yup green pepper” then she starts chopping stuff up and decides that it isn’t green pepper but a poblano pepper… I kept thinking she should call the soup “Everything but the Chuck Wagon” 

She makes a point of saying that when you make a recipe you should make sure you don’t add ingredients that your guests don’t like or can’t eat then proceeds to dump in an entire can of corn while mentioning that Chris doesn’t like corn 🙄 remember her adding mushrooms to the dinner with Caryn and Matt and Matt doesn’t like mushrooms… she obviously doesn’t practice what she preaches, she’s awkward as hell with her utensils, cutting and chopping on her island and then trying to scoop up and carry her chopped items to the pot on the stove, dropping bits here and there, she picks up the bits and tosses them in her sink.

Once again her pot is too small for the amount of soup she makes, it’s filled to the brim, bubbling and sputtering on her stove, she keeps adding more and different types of salt… first it’s table salt then she adds a bunch of truffle salt because Amy loves salt!

She goes on about applying for a job and can’t get over the “riggy-ma-role” and all the information the perspective employers want, she asks for all of of us to pray for her to get a job because she can’t retire yet, (like I could give a shit) she wants a job reading books to small children…. Where I’m from people volunteer to do that for FREE.

Thank goodness it’s almost over, she sits a couple bowls of Cowboy Soup on the counter and Chris joins her for a taste test and of course he thinks it’s really good and mentions that Jer and Auj’s littlest boy Radley had two helpings…. And in the end after calling it “Cowboy Soup” over and over for an hour she names the recipe “Chuck Wagon Soup” which sounds good to me because I’m ready to hop on the next stagecoach outa town!

giddy UP!  🐎 

• Applause 5
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

she’s awkward as hell with her utensils, cutting and chopping on her island and then trying to scoop up and carry her chopped items to the pot on the stove, dropping bits here and there, she picks up the bits and tosses them in her sink.

I think we now know how her other dog died. 

3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

she asks for all of of us to pray for her to get a job because she can’t retire yet, (like I could give a shit)

What is she retiring from? Doesn't MyMan work? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
14 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Chris joins her for a taste test and of course he thinks it’s really good 

I can't imagine what Chris was eating before he met Amy if he thinks her food is really good. Was he digging through trash cans in the back of McDonald's? Cold pizza from Domino's trash? 4 day old salmon from Red Lobster?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
7 hours ago, floridamom said:

Has the show been cancelled that Amy is looking for a job?

Is that even humanly possible?  I think the last show I can remember being actually cancelled on TLC was Jon & Kate Plus 8.  They tend to go the other way with countless spin-offs and specials.  If LPBW actually ever does get cancelled, load up on the bottled water and toilet paper, people, because I think it's the sign of the Apocalypse. 

48 minutes ago, Jst2Wld said:

I can't imagine what Chris was eating before he met Amy if he thinks her food is really good. Was he digging through trash cans in the back of McDonald's? Cold pizza from Domino's trash? 4 day old salmon from Red Lobster?

He strikes me as a 'standing by the kitchen sink eating a bowl of cereal' kinda guy.  I bet he longs for those days.  Especially on cowboy soup night.

• LOL 7

I asked if the show was cancelled because Amy's comment about not being able to retire would be appropriate if the show was cancelled. If not, does she not know that her paying J.O.B. is the show? Am I missing something here?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I asked if the show was cancelled because Amy's comment about not being able to retire would be appropriate if the show was cancelled. If not, does she not know that her paying J.O.B. is the show? Am I missing something here?

It was a perfectly sensible question to ask and sorry if my snarky reply about TLC sounded like it was directed at you in any way.  It's because I  literally just had a conversation last night with someone about how TLC doesn't cancel anything; especially the 90 Day franchise (that I am so embarrassingly addicted to) that I was so quick to reply.  You aren't missing anything.  I just assumed Amy was being cryptic, or not making any sense. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

Oh please, Amy; stop with the poor-mouthing.  We all know you're rolling in dough, and "my man" does very well with real estate.  He also recently sold his own home at the height of the market, so yeah.  What next, a GoFundMe?  They can "retire" anytime they like, I'm sure.  This is just her way of continuing to make Matt out to be the bad guy, suggesting that the (very fair) sale of her portion of the farm left her destitute...

Edited by Dibs
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1