Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

I don't see Amy as enraged.  She seems to be still rather irritated by some of Matt's actions, but I've seen the same in dozens of people after the divorce when for business or children reasons they have to continue to interact.  It isn't constant and usually only bubbles up when they have to face something that bothered them during the marriage or divorce.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 11

DBA20A74-07AE-41E0-BA07-32842A336510.jpeg

Happy New Year 2023 to you all.  I hope it's off to a good start.  Mine is as I share a first cheer and kiss in 2023 with my handsome supportive loving husband.  What a year 2022 has been as I reflect over last year.  I'm often hesitant and a little anxious at the start of a new year.  What will the year bring? Am I ready? Will I have what it takes to face the challenges that will come my way?  Will I appreciate fully all the good the year will bring as well.  Will the joy within me always shine regardless.  Oh the 'what ifs' that creep in.  Stop that.  It's going to be a good year because it's what I make of it with the challenges and all the good things that will come my way.  Faith will be in all my moments every day and that's why I'll be ready for the New Year 2023 🤗🎉🎵♥️
Woohoo!

• LOL 1
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Happy New Year 2023 to you all.  I hope it's off to a good start.  Mine is as I share a first cheer and kiss in 2023 with my handsome supportive loving husband.  What a year 2022 has been as I reflect over last year.  I'm often hesitant and a little anxious at the start of a new year.  What will the year bring? Am I ready? Will I have what it takes to face the challenges that will come my way?  Will I appreciate fully all the good the year will bring as well.  Will the joy within me always shine regardless.  Oh the 'what ifs' that creep in.  Stop that.  It's going to be a good year because it's what I make of it with the challenges and all the good things that will come my way.  Faith will be in all my moments every day and that's why I'll be ready for the New Year 2023 🤗🎉🎵♥️
Woohoo!

Has Amy finally discovered spell check? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, Lurk said:

She could do with a lesson on punctuation.

Yes, here:  "Mine is as I share a first cheer and kiss in 2023 with my handsome, supportive, loving husband."  I guess she doesn't like commas.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

Yes, here:  "Mine is as I share a first cheer and kiss in 2023 with my handsome, supportive, loving husband."  I guess she doesn't like commas.

That and she ran out of ?????'s

"Will I appreciate fully all the good the year will bring as well.  Will the joy within me always shine regardless."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Woohoo!

323906339_aintreadingallthat.jpg.9e499ddba89248c542d6887842df45ad.jpg

• LOL 4
6 hours ago, Cementhead said:

If she posts a video for it, 20 buck bet that she pronounces it 'Valentimes.'  

That wouldn't surprise me. What does surprise me is that she didn't say KISSMAS instead of Christmas.

• LOL 2

Amy's fear is that she could be the next Matt and Caryn in ZIT's world!  Those two could turn on a dime and Amy knows it!

She nods and agrees with them as they bash Matt and Caryn but one wrong move and Amy and Chris could be in the firing line!

How sad to allow family members to be held hostage by those two nothings!

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Amy's fear is that she could be the next Matt and Caryn in ZIT's world!  Those two could turn on a dime and Amy knows it!

She nods and agrees with them as they bash Matt and Caryn but one wrong move and Amy and Chris could be in the firing line!

How sad to allow family members to be held hostage by those two nothings!

Exactly ZiT always need someone to bitch about…. It wasn’t that long ago that they were pissed at Amy and complaining about her to Matt and Caryn.

As soon as they figure out that Matt and Caryn are over the whole tantrum and won’t play along they’ll be looking for a new scapegoat.

They’ve had a new enemy every season or two…. They were pissed at Molly for a while, then they were pissed at Jer and Auj… then they were angry at Amy and now they’re pissed at Matt and Caryn…. Chris better get used to sucking up and kissing Tori’s ass or he’ll be next on their list.

I think Tori is basically a jealous, petty asshole and Zach follows her lead….. Tori needs to put down others to feel good about herself even if it’s Lilah. 😖

• Sad 1
  • Applause 7
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly ZiT always need someone to bitch about…. It wasn’t that long ago that they were pissed at Amy and complaining about her to Matt and Caryn.

As soon as they figure out that Matt and Caryn are over the whole tantrum and won’t play along they’ll be looking for a new scapegoat.

They’ve had a new enemy every season or two…. They were pissed at Molly for a while, then they were pissed at Jer and Auj… then they were angry at Amy and now they’re pissed at Matt and Caryn…. Chris better get used to sucking up and kissing Tori’s ass or he’ll be next on their list.

I think Tori is basically a jealous, petty asshole and Zach follows her lead….. Tori needs to put down others to feel good about herself even if it’s Lilah. 😖

I always wondered what Zack and Tori saw in each other.  Now we know!

They are truly toxic family members!

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
7 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I always wondered what Zack and Tori saw in each other.  Now we know!

They are truly toxic family members!

They are the Harry and Meghan of LPBW.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7

So I'm just starting the most recent season (I held off because I can't stomach Zach's whining) and Amy is taking subtle digs at Matt because of what went down between him and Zach/Tori over the sale of the farm. I can't figure out what Amy wants. Did she think he should have left it to them as inheritance? Or just bow to what Zach was willing to pay? And what would the other kids get? And finally, did Amy give any of the money she made from the sale of her portion of the farm to the kids?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Amy wanted to have her cake and eat it too. I think that what she wanted was to be able to stay on the farm in the house after the divorce but have none of the responsibilities of running the farm.  But then she sells her share to Matt and has beeen whining about the loss of the farm ever sense. Those who felt like Zach should have the farm at a bargain basement price have never addressed how this would affect the other kids' inheritance.  Amy is just bitter and miserable and MY Man Babe, appears to walk on eggshells around her. I think he is afraid of her temper.  

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Amy wanted to have her cake and eat it too. I think that what she wanted was to be able to stay on the farm in the house after the divorce but have none of the responsibilities of running the farm.  But then she sells her share to Matt and has beeen whining about the loss of the farm ever sense. Those who felt like Zach should have the farm at a bargain basement price have never addressed how this would affect the other kids' inheritance.  Amy is just bitter and miserable and MY Man Babe, appears to walk on eggshells around her. I think he is afraid of her temper.  

Do we know how much the farm was valued at when Amy got out and how much she made? Also, I think that MyMan was all over Matt because he wanted the listing. Did he get it?

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Teri313 said:

Do we know how much the farm was valued at when Amy got out and how much she made? Also, I think that MyMan was all over Matt because he wanted the listing. Did he get it?

Chris was not Matt’s realtor…honestly though imo Chris wouldn’t  want the listing.  I think he realizes it’s more headache than it’s worth being anyone’s realtor in that family.  It would be constant micromanaging from Matt and constant complaining from Amy.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Chris was not Matt’s realtor…honestly though imo Chris wouldn’t  want the listing.  I think he realizes it’s more headache than it’s worth being anyone’s realtor in that family.  It would be constant micromanaging from Matt and constant complaining from Amy.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you this time Panda. IMO, he would never have turned down that listing. In fact, I would venture to guess that he was really disappointed that he didn't get it. I suspect it was more Matt's choice not to use him because he didn't want Amy anywhere near it. Or Amy put her foot down because she didn't want to be part of Matt screwing Zach out of the farm.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I don't know whether Chris would have wanted the listing or not, but as it stands, the property is still sitting there, not sold, so not much of a "get" listing, was it? 

Also, Chris seems like a pretty pragmatic guy and apart from being "The Famous Roloff Farm," I bet he knew that this property was going to be a hard listing to sell, which has proven to be the case, so I think he was the winner in the end and dodged a big, annoying, time consuming bullet.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Teri313 said:

I'm gonna have to disagree with you this time Panda. IMO, he would never have turned down that listing. In fact, I would venture to guess that he was really disappointed that he didn't get it. I suspect it was more Matt's choice not to use him because he didn't want Amy anywhere near it. Or Amy put her foot down because she didn't want to be part of Matt screwing Zach out of the farm.

That’s cool…I understand what your saying…I guess I just think that because Chris hasn’t been any of their realtors (Zach/Tori, Audrey/Jeremy), I figured it would be even less likely he’d be Matt’s given the circumstances.  

I agree that Amy would not have wanted him to be and I doubt Matt would either because it drags Amy into the mix, but I think Chris probably hears enough complaining from Amy about these TLC outings with Matt, so I don’t know he want to get into the middle of the mess amongst the twins, Amy, and Matt over the Ponderosa 😂

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, Teri313 said:

If zillow is correct, the farm sold for $975,000 in 2020 and was listed for $4m in 2022. I think that is what's got Amy in a snit. Worth so little when she was selling, yet worth 4x as much only 2 years later? I know Covid ended up raising real estate prices, but I don't think 4x as much. I doubt the housing demand for farm property would have increased so much more than "normal" single-family housing in "town".

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Wasn't the $975,000 paid to Amy's for 1/2 of the farm not the entire parcel that Matt had for sale recently?  Matt already owned 1/2 of this so he only had to pay for 1/2. Not sure if this was the northside or the southside that they keep talking about.   Also after that sale Matt bought her 1/2 of the rest of the farm. Property values  did go up but probably no where near $4 million. But you know you sell your property for X and 2  years later it is sells for XX that's life.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Wasn't the $975,000 paid to Amy's for 1/2 of the farm not the entire parcel that Matt had for sale recently?  Matt already owned 1/2 of this so he only had to pay for 1/2. Not sure if this was the northside or the southside that they keep talking about.   Also after that sale Matt bought her 1/2 of the rest of the farm. Property values  did go up but probably no where near $4 million. But you know you sell your property for X and 2  years later it is sells for XX that's life.

What you say does make sense that it was Amy's "half" of the farm. Some article about the farm sale mentioned the total property was 109 acres and what was listed was the house (and other "buildings") and 16 acres. I thought Matt got the larger parcel of land because most of it was undeveloped and they split it on $$ value rather than acreage?

I still think she's peeved about the $$ amounts.  I don't know if it as ever mentioned what Zach offered, but it was based on what was paid to Amy for it. IMO in the case of a divorce it may be someone feeling like their personal value is tied to the $$ amount of property settlement. Like the one buying out the other only thinks they are worth $, yet they think just the property is worth $$$$ if they were selling it.   

• Like 2

The farm was two legal parcels, IIRC.  First Matt bought Amy out of the wedding business side paying her half of the agreed on value.  Then later Matt bought Amy out of the original farm including the house.  That was the $975,000 I believe.  That was for the 30 or 32 acres including the town, some barns, and the house.  

That would make the 30ish acre price $1,950,000.  So a couple of years later, Matt wanted to sell halfish of the 30ish acre farm (16 acres I think) for over twice what he was willing to value it for in the sale to Amy.  So at quadruple the price basically.  Half the property for twice the money.  I think that's where the shock came in.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
47 minutes ago, Lurk said:

What you say does make sense that it was Amy's "half" of the farm. Some article about the farm sale mentioned the total property was 109 acres and what was listed was the house (and other "buildings") and 16 acres. I thought Matt got the larger parcel of land because most of it was undeveloped and they split it on $$ value rather than acreage?

I still think she's peeved about the $$ amounts.  I don't know if it as ever mentioned what Zach offered, but it was based on what was paid to Amy for it. IMO in the case of a divorce it may be someone feeling like their personal value is tied to the $$ amount of property settlement. Like the one buying out the other only thinks they are worth $, yet they think just the property is worth $$$$ if they were selling it.   

Agreed.

I don't doubt that Amy consulted with a lawyer and a realtor/appraiser and Chris about the value of that portion of farm when she sold. I think she got market value--no more, no less--it was probably worth about $2MM, so her half would have been about $1MM.  If Amy had taken less than market value because there was an agreement (written or unwritten) that it would be sold at a discounted price to a child, we would have heard about it.

And, Matt was swinging for the fences in the listing. When that portion of the farm was listed for $4MM I don't think it was worth that. It is what I consider aspirational pricing. Matt had some looky loos, but nobody made an offer. If he had priced it at $2-2.4MM, he probably would have had several offers. But he likely needed the money to pay off his loan to buy out Amy and to build the new house.

Divorce is hard, especially when it isn't a mutual decision. Add to that real estate, and sometimes it is hard for the person left to move beyond bitterness. Finally, Amy has always been concerned about money. So she will always be angry about any potential financial windfall for Matt, who she believes is financially irresponsible. She remembers the preshow days of working multiple jobs while Matt chased his dreams.

And one more point, Amy seems to have increased consumption of adult beverages. That can fuel bitterness. 

As all have said, I hope that the series is finally over. There isn't much to see or say. And Zach's family and cast's dogs just don't do it for me.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Ok seriously that looks anything but “DELICIOUS”

I have no idea what that blob of green shit is (if it’s salad it looks puke worthy) and the other thing looks like your standard chicken breast or piece of fish with a drizzle of  sauce.

I’m so sick of these “Influencers” all jumping on the same endorsement gravy train, Tori, Auj and now Amy gushing over “Homechef”  🤢🤮

Theyll shill anything for a buck 🙄EE75BF13-74CB-4B70-ADC1-B5122CBDBFA5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Thanks.  Shredded brussel sprouts would fit.  

ETA:  If that meal is from the company's current offerings, this is the only contender I could find.

image.png.53672ba2d2e7b947874f44e26d553346.png

Pretzel-Crusted Pork Chop

with brown sugar Dijonnaise and shaved Brussels sprouts

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2
28 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Thanks.  Shredded brussel sprouts would fit.  

ETA:  If that meal is from the company's current offerings, this is the only contender I could find.

image.png.53672ba2d2e7b947874f44e26d553346.png

Pretzel-Crusted Pork Chop

with brown sugar Dijonnaise and shaved Brussels sprouts

Yes, that’s it.

• Like 3

Some things do not need to be photographed and if they are they do not need to be memorialized by being posted to the world.

My daughter occasionally orders food boxes so she knows there will be dinners for busy nights on very busy weeks.  I have to say her food always looks a LOT closer to the photograph that comes with the food than the one above.  

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

Some things do not need to be photographed and if they are they do not need to be memorialized by being posted to the world.

I absolutely agree.  Why do we need to see what you look like after a night of no sleep? 

• Like 7
Just now, Absolom said:

My daughter occasionally orders food boxes so she knows there will be dinners for busy nights on very busy weeks.  I have to say her food always looks a LOT closer to the photograph that comes with the food than the one above.  

I have to agree, I've used the odd food kit/box every once in a while when I don't have time to start from scratch and they've always looked better than Amy's offering.

That's something that Amy should work on for her own cooking "show" as well.

She doesn't know how to plate meals and make them look appealing, she usually plops her food on a plate, grabs some parsley and tugs/yanks it apart and tosses it over her meals and it really doesn't look good at all, very amateurish.

There's an art to plating meals and top chef's put a lot of thought into the presentation.

• Like 4