Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Jeanne222 said:

How come those two aren’t gone  on Amy’s little honeymoon???

Because Hawaii is basically telling people not to come? And or they have the honeymoon scheduled for later? I know they aren't especially concerned about Covid but why ask for the "OMG they should know Hawaii has asked people not to come!!!" complaining?

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

How come those two aren’t gone  on Amy’s little honeymoon???

I thought we’d get a reprieve from Amy’s little selfies!

Maybe Amy's little honeymoon is X rated. Can't post that on IG! Nor do we want to see it! 😄 #Where'sFelix

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I thought we’d get a reprieve from Amy’s little selfies!

You don't think Amy will take selfies of their honeymoon?  I'm sure when it happens, there will be closeups of her wearing her lei, with Chris in the background.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

You don't think Amy will take selfies of their honeymoon?  I'm sure when it happens, there will be closeups of her wearing her lei, with Chris in the background.

I have a feeling "Amy surfing" will figure prominently when they finally get there; she likes to show off her physical prowess.

You'd think they'd go SOMEWHERE to celebrate, even if it's just a weekend bike trip, but guess it's back to shilling crap onlin- I mean, business as usual!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I'd think not going on an ostentatious traditional honeymoon  like a blushing young new bride would be applauded. 

Why is it wrong for Amy to continue working her business? I might not like it but isn't being active in maintaining one's business usually a good thing?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 9/5/2021 at 1:06 PM, readheaded said:

I missed the picture of her rings. Do you know where I might find it?  Thanks!

It’s number 12 of People Magazine right after the one of her and her father. Both rings  are in the middle of her bouquet which is a wedding photographer trend. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Typo
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Bookworm 1979 said:

I guess it's only a good thing if you're Matt.

If or when Matt gets married on the farm in a big white wedding with Caryn in a princess gown and they go right back to work, don’t go on a honeymoon I’ll find it just as strange.  

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

If or when Matt gets married on the farm in a big white wedding with Caryn in a princess gown and they go right back to work, don’t go on a honeymoon I’ll find it just as strange.  

I too noticed that random couple behind here comes the bride Amy and her father. Figured it was TLC people but then I thought surely on a wedding day they would be asked to dress appropriately!

As I stated above and many times I don’t think this is a wedding, love match,  it’s for money and that wedding was a production. 

You can fool some of the people some of the time but you can’t fool all the people all the time!

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I too noticed that random couple behind here comes the bride Amy and her father. Figured it was TLC people but then I thought surely on a wedding day they would be asked to dress appropriately!

As I stated above and many times I don’t think this is a wedding, love match,  it’s for money and that wedding was a production. 

You can fool some of the people some of the time but you can’t fool all the people all the time!

several people were wearing shorts or jeans with t-shirts and running shoes.

I watched all the videos and they were also on the dance floor so I assumed they were guests.

a lot of the guests were dressed very casually.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Again, the governor of Hawaii has asked visitors to delay all non essential travel until the end of October. This is a case where postponing the honeymoon doesn't seem strange at all to me. If nothing else, it doesn't seem worth the bad press and there's no rush. They were living together prior to the wedding so why rush the honeymoon when there's clearly a good reason not to travel?

1 minute ago, Joan of Argh said:

I watched all the videos and they were also on the dance floor so I assumed they were guests.

I know at weddings I have gone to, a lot of folks change to more comfortable clothing for dancing/partying etc. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

several people were wearing shorts or jeans with t-shirts and running shoes.

I would think wedding guests would be seated in the wedding guest chairs actually paying attention to the wedding ceremony, especially at that crucial moment when the bride first appears to begin her walk down the "isle"; not randomly wandering around the farm in the background photo-bombing Here Comes the Bride during her very first photo op.  Assuming this was a real wedding...

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

They were living together prior to the wedding so why rush the honeymoon... 

One could likewise say they were living together prior to the wedding so why rush the wedding...

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

How was the wedding rushed? They'd been engaged since 2019.  Not exactly sprinting to the altar. 

Many, many older couples - especially if already cohabitating - don't find it necessary to have weddings at all.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

I would think wedding guests would be seated in the wedding guest chairs actually paying attention to the wedding ceremony, especially at that crucial moment when the bride first appears to begin her walk down the "isle"; not randomly wandering around the farm in the background photo-bombing Here Comes the Bride during her very first photo op.  Assuming this was a real wedding...

Maybe some were farm workers or TLC crew…. Dunno but many of the people seated for the meal and then on the dance floor were in shorts, jeans and t-shirts as well.

I’ve never attended a wedding dressed that casually nor have I seen other guests dressed that casually but I’ve also never attended a wedding on a farm with barns etc… maybe people feel it’s ok at a farm wedding. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

In a live a while ago, Amy stated they wouldn’t be taking a honeymoon trip right away. I think she said  November.

That's when TLC said they can pay for it. And People Magazine has a photographer with the time to take pics of Amy and Cardboard Chris.  

Can't wait to see the little bulldozer in a bikini.

• LOL 2
8 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Many, many older couples - especially if already cohabitating - don't find it necessary to have weddings at all.  

Agreed but that's a whole different issue than whether Amy and Chris "rushed" their wedding. Clearly Chris and Amy did decide to have a wedding. They got engaged in 2019, even if they got married when they originally planned, 2020, I wouldn't call that a rushed wedding. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Clearly Chris and Amy did decide to have a wedding. 

Right after Lisa announced Chris had waited long enough to propose; it was time for him to **** or get off the pot.

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 5
3 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Right after Lisa pronounced that it was time for Chris to **** or get off the pot.

And from the way Amy was talking Chris needed to step up or lose the goose who lays golden eggs.

Where else would Chris find a built in source of income and freebies… he didn’t want to lose it…. He’s become very comfortable being a reality star and collecting his pay checks.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

And from the way Amy was talking Chris needed to step up or lose the goose who lays golden eggs.

Where else would Chris find a built in source of income and freebies… he didn’t want to lose it…. He’s become very comfortable being a reality star and collecting his pay checks.

Yes. And I'm guessing all he has to do to keep the goose who lays the golden eggs, is eat her disgusting food. The plot is not thickening. It's unwinding. 

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Can't wait to see the little bulldozer in a bikini.

chris will have to be on a suicide watch by then.That golden goose is looking a little rancid about now i bet.We well have to see if he 'drowns' in the surf and can no longer be on the show.

Edited by stoppro
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3

@athousandclowns  Thanks for saying which picture it was, I had missed seeing the ring when I looked online (myself, not linked here) https://people.com/tv/amy-roloff-chris-marek-wedding-photos/?slide=348cfe58-1557-4ca1-8a19-9c040624c946#348cfe58-1557-4ca1-8a19-9c040624c946

I agree the ring is nicely done. I am of two minds on this though. I love what the jeweler did with adding the wedding band to the engagement ring. I also liked just the engagement ring that Chris designed. I wonder if he had planned this part also(?), the wedding band. I guess what I am saying is that I hope there were no hurt feelings on Chris' part if she oomphed up the ring because it was such an original thoughtfully thought out engagement ring. Not dissing Amy over this. 

I really do like the whole set. 

eta https://people.com/tv/amy-roloff-chris-marek-wedding-photos/?slide=5cfa13e8-addd-4ec6-a45d-8be089997d7c#5cfa13e8-addd-4ec6-a45d-8be089997d7c

Another picture showing things she wore. The bracelet handed down from her grandmother to her mother. Then her father gave it to her a few months back she said. Not sure gave gave or loaned. But she said it was her something old and not borrowed so I am not sure. 

Another add on: I like the rings in the flowers better than the separate pictures of the bride holding the groom's ring on her finger and the groom holding the bride's ring on his finger while  looking (serious? intense? insert fake emotion).  I will also be forever glad when those diluted watercolor floral invitations (weddings/birthdays/baby&wedding showers/wall pictures/toys/etc) become a thing of the olden times. Not a fan.

Edited by stewedsquash
more thoughts
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

@athousandclowns  Thanks for saying which picture it was, I had missed seeing the ring when I looked online (myself, not linked here) https://people.com/tv/amy-roloff-chris-marek-wedding-photos/?slide=348cfe58-1557-4ca1-8a19-9c040624c946#348cfe58-1557-4ca1-8a19-9c040624c946

I agree the ring is nicely done. I am of two minds on this though. I love what the jeweler did with adding the wedding band to the engagement ring. I also liked just the engagement ring that Chris designed. I wonder if he had planned this part also(?), the wedding band. I guess what I am saying is that I hope there were no hurt feelings on Chris' part if she oomphed up the ring because it was such an original thoughtfully thought out engagement ring. Not dissing Amy over this. 

I really do like the whole set. 

eta https://people.com/tv/amy-roloff-chris-marek-wedding-photos/?slide=5cfa13e8-addd-4ec6-a45d-8be089997d7c#5cfa13e8-addd-4ec6-a45d-8be089997d7c

Another picture showing things she wore. The bracelet handed down from her grandmother to her mother. Then her father gave it to her a few months back she said. Not sure gave gave or loaned. But she said it was her something old and not borrowed so I am not sure. 

Another add on: I like the rings in the flowers better than the separate pictures of the bride holding the groom's ring on her finger and the groom holding the bride's ring on his finger while  looking (serious? intense? insert fake emotion).  I will also be forever glad when those diluted watercolor floral invitations (weddings/birthdays/baby&wedding showers/wall pictures/toys/etc) become a thing of the olden times. Not a fan.

Wasn’t the engagement ring a solitaire heart shape diamond? In other words wears the design come in. 
I got married for the second time in 1978 and we looked together for weeks and just about gave up when I spotted mine. The wedding ring slides into engagement ring. ( it was/ is unusual and almost looks like a cocktail ring.) 

After inheriting a larger diamond it  made my ring turn and separate so I had them “soldered   ” together in the back.  so it looks like hers one ring. Her style has been around for awhile there’s a name for it I can’t remember what is. It encases  the engagement ring.and keeps it from turning.   I missed that  Chris designed it .   I’m sure he worked with a jeweler when he got the heart shape solitary diamond that showed him( up sold) what could be done in the wedding ring.   Kinda like Matt’s chair he designed.   Hopefully she does like it , I would under the circumference , even though she has little fingers.  This is the ring he probably was describing as his design. 

I recently started wearing mine again because I love it. 
Agree about the rings in the bouquet much more palatable than  brides hand laid over the grooms. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Typo
  • Love 1

I enjoyed seeing the People shots..very nice.  I did have to laugh when I saw the wedding cake. Yes, I realize she had a small cake and cup cakes, instead of a traditional wedding cake, but it made me lol. For years, I’ve wondered why she made such small birthday cakes for family events. She’d make a cake for 8 to serve a party of 25!  This happened a lot.  I guess a lot of people didn’t get served. I presume there were enough cup cakes at the reception.  I don’t get why you can’t do a traditional wedding cake.  One of my pet peeves.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Wasn’t the engagement ring a solitaire heart shape diamond? In other words wears the design come in. 

What they showed on the episode was him taking her love of finding heart shaped rocks and finding a diamond that was heart shaped. Making it a simple solitaire to highlight that aspect of her. That's what I meant by he thoughtfully designed it. I know solitaire rings aren't original but I did think he put a lot of his emotions towards her into the engagement ring. I can't explain it, but I hope he is still happy with the final ring. 

Randomly, it has irritated me ever since I watched parts of the video linked back a few pages where Amy is cutting the sandwich (maybe it is the chicken sandwich? I can't remember). She cuts it so stupidly that I want to irrationally slap the whole plate off the counter. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Thanks for the link to the People pics.  I wonder if will we get a similar spread for the honeymoon?  1) So she DID wear shoes!  2) Looks like she covered the back tatts with body makeup; good call! 3) Not sure if that pinky ring she always wears has sentimental value or not (if so, she could wear it on her other hand) but, IMHO, it really detracts from the engagement ring/wedding band - especially on the wedding day.  Otherwise, she looked surprisingly pretty and well put together!  (The teeny tiny wedding cake "dwarfed" by the cake topper, LOL.)

4 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

Randomly, it has irritated me ever since I watched parts of the video linked back a few pages where Amy is cutting the sandwich (maybe it is the chicken sandwich? I can't remember). She cuts it so stupidly that I want to irrationally slap the whole plate off the counter. 

Her cooking videos have that effect on a lot of us.

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I enjoyed seeing the People shots..very nice.  I did have to laugh when I saw the wedding cake. Yes, I realize she had a small cake and cup cakes, instead of a traditional wedding cake, but it made me lol. For years, I’ve wondered why she made such small birthday cakes for family events. She’d make a cake for 8 to serve a party of 25!  This happened a lot.  I guess a lot of people didn’t get served. I presume there were enough cup cakes at the reception.  I don’t get why you can’t do a traditional birthday cake.  One of my pet peeves.  

I don't know if it mattered to Amy, but the cupcakes as a wedding cake are generally much cheaper and easier to serve. I don't like that option, either, because I like cake more than cupcakes. 😂

17 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I don't know if it mattered to Amy, but the cupcakes as a wedding cake are generally much cheaper and easier to serve. I don't like that option, either, because I like cake more than cupcakes. 😂

I get it, but of all the things to cut corners on….I guess I’m old school.  I don’t get having dessert stations at a wedding reception, when you can just do a lovely cake that serves as decoration and food.  Presumably, once in a lifetime opportunity to have a wedding cake……oh well. It was Amy’s choice and her second go round.  Brides’s choice is what counts.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2