Type keyword(s) to search

S33.E04: It's Complicated

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Players take tragic slams during the "Fallout" challenge; Kyle and Paulie continue their never-ending war over Cara Maria, but this time while wearing silly costumes; a twist during the elimination shocks the competitors.

Airs February 27, 2019.

Shut the fuck up Natalie.  Kyle’s not a bully for calling you out in an elimination Jesus Christ.

He weirdly protected Cara so picked dirtbag Paul’s lieutenant.  It happens.  If you’re too small to compete go the fuck home.

Also what the fuck Nany.  That’s two weeks in a row vets say they need to take out the UK kids and then...don’t.

Although Zach’s “...did he just welcome Chris to the challenge?” made me laugh.

These people are so hateful that this is super not enjoyable.  CT going home so early when he didn’t even hit anyone sucks balls.

• Love 9

OMG JP you idiot! I can't believe that's how CT get believe that's how CT gets home. A damn Rookie put him in?? What?

And can we please a) stop the Kyle/Paulie drama and b) stop trying to rewrite everything that happened in the last challenge? Because if you never saw that one you'd think this feud came out of nowhere and that Cara and Paulie are bullying poor Kyle who still loves Cara or that Cara is obsessed with Kyle. I think they are all obsessed with each other and I would like it to stop eating the show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

*sigh* Fucking Nany. Fucking JP.

Thinking about it, at least CT had a chance to stay in the game this time, and any failure from Julia wouldn't have affected him. Last season, Veronica basically Bethed a mission, she and CT went to Redemption House, CT couldn't pull a Double Cross, and they were dismissed. I'm still bitter about tonight, though. Kyle kept kicking like he was practicing (non-American) football. He wasn't trying to hurt CT or JP, but that should not have been allowed. He wins, meaning that his war with Paulie will continue. And that would be awesome if either side was worth rooting for. Basically, it's two dicks pumping out their chests, daring the other to take a swing. As much as CT should retire because he should do more stable stuff, at least he came off as a bastion of maturity. And who would have guessed that would happen years ago?

Cara Maria also sucks. And she wears Harley Quinn underwear. Of course she fucking does. If Underoos were still a thing, Paulie would be wearing those with Joker on them.

Good mission, and it had lots of variables to consider. Turbo comes off as a rock star, and he was pretty funny in his Killing Floor vote. I fear for him. Not because Nany (blech) is his partner, but this is a series where nice guys seldom win. Or women. Natalie (the good one) could be the one to quit next week, and TJ wouldn't dismiss Paulie. No, he'd give him Smashley, and the headaches would just increase.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 6

I hate to see CT go, but anything that bugs Paulie is ok in my book. I think Kyle is kinda garbage himself, but Paulie bugs me way more. Maybe it’s the lack of accent. I really like Georgia and Zahida so far. Good additions to the female cast. Competitive, funny, and not yapping chihuahuas like Amanda. 

• Love 4

So far a challenge and an elim8nation every episode.

Of course, they may want t9 whittle Down the cast as soon as possible to reduce producti9n costs.

Not only did JP pick CT, he wore him down so Kyle could win.

CT isn’t even a big threat because his partner isn’t strong and they don’t seem to have alliances.

Well it did hurt Cara and Paulie’s prospects so why did Natalie let her partner pick CT?

And yeah, it is about size and strength at least so far for the women.

Would be nice to see some endurance and puzzle challenges for a change, though that map challenge in the previous elimination was pretty good.

• Love 1

Cara has not aged well.  Her closeups look terrible.  The clown look makeup was quirky years ago, but now it just looks bad.  I could certainly have lived without production filming her ass hanging out of her thong, too.

Soon enough, I will not be able to understand any of the contestants, since all we will be left with are mumbly-mouthed Brits.

• Love 2

JP.....you wanted to make waves by going after CT??? And you failed since you went home with him..so stupid. Natalie you should've stopped that instead of whining that you were being bullied because you are the shortest girl and how dare they choose you to compete against someone tall. Glad she's gone. 

Really hoping Paulie/Wes see an elimination round soon so they can be knocked down several pegs. Or if Paulie just gets sent home for fighting. 

• Love 1

The Challenge is back baby!  They finally fixed the editing and stopped stretching the season out for a ridiculously long time. 

Sad to see CT go, but at least he lost in a legit competition. I think at this point he shows up for the appearance fee, which I assume at this point is $75,000+ per season for him. 

Paulie and Cara are THE WORST! My lord she is so insecure. And Zach is right, she is still obsessed with Kyle, whose crime seems to be he wasn’t that into her. And don’t get me started on that pygmy Paulie. Talk about a fake tough guy who is playing to the cameras. Kyle is a sleezy fuck boi, but at least he can be entertaining. He wins my support for this “rivalry”, which I’m sure will last a while because they have the two strongest female partners in Ninja and Mattie. 

I never liked Nany, and I still don’t. It’s a shame Turbo is paired with her. 

• Love 8

CT 😞 I loved how heated he was and then after he loss, he started throwing playful jabs at J.P. like he was over it already. I'm glad he took that as motivation to come better prepared for the next challenge. The vets may know the guy, but at some point, younger, tough competition is going to come in and you won't always be able to rely solely on politics to keep you out of eliminations because some rookies aren't going to care.

I can't stand Paulie and Cara has been a real idiot the last few seasons. I may need someone to jog my memory about the whole timeline with Cara and Kyle because I don't really remember anything that would qualify as treating Cara poorly as if he verbally or physically abused her or manipulated her. From my memory, they had a hook up in the house, Cara liked him more than he liked her (I still don't understand the physical attraction to Kyle) but once the show was over, he went on his way and he didn't bother to keep in touch with her or entertain a relationship with her. Next season, she is obsessing over him and is trying to get get his attention but he's hooking up with other women in the house (though Cara knew at this point he wasn't interested in having something with her) and so then she attached herself to Paulie and began flirting with him to make Kyle jealous, then she slept with him...all the while knowing that Paulie had a girlfriend back home. And now this season Cara is a victim of Kyle's and Paulie is her knight in shining armour that is defending her honour. Please. Kyle is a dog but I don't feel that Kyle tries to pretend to be some chivalrous man unlike Paulie who is a manipulative asshole that acts like he's a really standup guy. Cara acting like a victim when her ass is just thirsty as fuck. Either she's still truly hung up on Kyle or she's angry because she looked foolish the previous season (which was her own doing, not Kyle's) and she continues to act like a fucking idiot. What I've learned from Cara through the years, she has terrible choice in men and is not a good judge of character.

Natalie calling Kyle a bully for picking her to go into elimination was just laughable. The whole point of the game is to be the last one standing. At that rate, you think you shouldn't ever go into elimination because everyone is bigger than you? If you think you should in any capacity be saved from elimination because you're smaller than your competitor than you don't belong on the game, simple as that. So Natalie can fuck off and I continue to dislike her and am glad she goes home early. Also, outside of Cara, Natalie was Paulie's closest ally, it made sense why he would want to take out an ally of a person who he knows is clearly gunning for him.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 11

My least favourite thing is people whining when they get put into an elimination, so Kyle, Natalie, and CT all get the side-eye from me. (But I forgive CT because he got over it immediately after the elimination, and also he is CT.) I was inclined to root for Nany, but I don't know if I can forgive her. I do like Turbo, though.

Kyle calling Cara a slut was hilariously un-self-aware. It also looks ridiculous when Kyle and Paulie do their weird long headbutting thing (no hitting! can't be sent home!). Kyle and Cara and Paulie all need to hush up and go away. Mattie and Theo can form a new, tall team.

Zach had some high points in this episode (being supportive of his partner, dramatic overreaction to CT being considered for elimination, etc.), but sucking up to Kyle by talking shit about Cara was not his best moment.

Hang in there, Wes! You're all I have left!

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, strippedhalo said:

My least favourite thing is people whining when they get put into an elimination, so Kyle, Natalie, and CT all get the side-eye from me. (But I forgive CT because he got over it immediately after the elimination, and also he is CT.) I was inclined to root for Nany, but I don't know if I can forgive her. I do like Turbo, though.

Kyle calling Cara a slut was hilariously un-self-aware. It also looks ridiculous when Kyle and Paulie do their weird long headbutting thing (no hitting! can't be sent home!). Kyle and Cara and Paulie all need to hush up and go away. Mattie and Theo can form a new, tall team.

Zach had some high points in this episode (being supportive of his partner, dramatic overreaction to CT being considered for elimination, etc.), but sucking up to Kyle by talking shit about Cara was not his best moment.

Hang in there, Wes! You're all I have left!

If Wes goes, I don't know if I can watch the Cara show. 

• Love 8

I think Wes is actually in decent shape politically. Unlike Bananas, he has made an alliance with the new kids and Hunter, who has basically placed his game in Wes’ hands. 

I like most of the crop of new contestants. I continue to love the UK people they cast, as I don’t have a problem understanding them and feel like they are more entertaining and interesting than the ‘Young Bucks’ and AYTO crew. 

So even if the vets continue to fall, I’ll continue watching. As I said earlier, the editing is so much better. I think I saw that the season will only be 13 episodes. Hopefully they continue with the double eliminations and don’t do any purges. 

• Love 6

So bummed CT got emliminated!  I like some of the new people, but do like watching the vets and CT is a favorite.  So their just picking through all the vets right off the bat and we'll be left with a bunch of people we don't know that well.  At least it won't be as predictable.  I actually found myself wishing they had a redemption this time just so CT could come back.  

Cara wash your face, stop using so much highlighting stick and get you some maracuja oil like yesterday.  Natalie is like the feisty little toy dog surrounded by great danes, lol!  I'm actually liking Kyle's partner Mattie.  Shame she's partnered with his walking icky self.  I was so hoping she'd win and CT would win because that would have been fun to watch.   

LOL, JT's face when Turbo asked him "right JT?"  Aww I don't know man, just friggin' pick somebody.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, mojoween said:

Shut the fuck up Natalie.  Kyle’s not a bully for calling you out in an elimination Jesus Christ.

He weirdly protected Cara so picked dirtbag Paul’s lieutenant.  It happens.  If you’re too small to compete go the fuck home.

Yes! And also, yes! I am so done with Natalie. Nat, honey, in a game where anyone can be chosen as an elimination competitor, smaller people are going to be a target. This is not a new thing.  If you can't keep up in an elimination against another girl, that's not the other girl's problem. Ironic that her own partner was acting as though CT was being a poor sport for whining about being called in when his own partner behaved the exact same way. 

Although Zach’s “...did he just welcome Chris to the challenge?” made me laugh.

Me too. That was entertaining. As was Zach's protest that CT is a figurehead who isn't meant to be voted into eliminations. 

18 hours ago, TiffanyNichelle said:

And can we please a) stop the Kyle/Paulie drama and b) stop trying to rewrite everything that happened in the last challenge? Because if you never saw that one you'd think this feud came out of nowhere and that Cara and Paulie are bullying poor Kyle who still loves Cara or that Cara is obsessed with Kyle. I think they are all obsessed with each other and I would like it to stop eating the show.

It's actually crazy. Paulie and Cara seem straight-up delusional. Kyle just likes to cause drama, I think, but you can't do that and then complain that the people you keep causing drama with are responding. I do think Cara's attitude toward Kyle is anything but that of an ex who is completely over the relationship. Her need to continually punish him, see her current bf degrade him, and insult him really just speaks to how much of her time, feelings, and thoughts he still dominates. I actually agreed with all of what Zach said to Kyle, including the Jack Sparrow bit, even though that part was mean and he shouldn't have said it. 

4 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I may need someone to job my memory about the whole timeline with Cara and Kyle because I don't really remember anything that would qualify as treating Cara poorly as if he verbally or physically abused her or manipulated her. From my memory, they had a hook up in the house, Cara liked him more than he liked her (I still don't understand the physical attraction to Kyle) but once the show was over, he went on his way and he didn't bother to keep in touch with her or entertain a relationship with her. Next season, she is obsessing over him and is trying to get get his attention but he's hooking up with other women in the house (though Cara knew at this point he wasn't interested in having something with her) and so then she attached herself to Paulie and began flirting with him to make Kyle jealous, then she slept with him...all the while knowing that Paulie had a girlfriend back home. And now this season Cara is a victim of Kyle's and Paulie is her knight in shining armour that is defending her honour. Please. Kyle is a dog but I don't feel that Kyle tries to pretend to be some chivalrous man unlike Paulie who is a manipulative asshole that acts like he's a really standup guy.

I think you've pretty much got it. Cara insists that Kyle is a terrible person, but in reality I think he's just a person who really hurt her. The only missing piece is that Cara CLAIMS that on the last season Kyle became upset and punched a wall near Cara's head. However, as far as I know, the only person corroborating that story is Paulie, so take it with a shaker of salt. 

Paulie, on the other hand, is a true sociopath. Every time Cara insists that Kyle is the worst man alive for "treating her badly," I practically choke on the irony. 

This week's behind the scenes gossip: apparently after losing, Natalie went back to the house with the producers to get her things and dumped a bottle of glitter in Zach‘s bed and left a nasty note for Kyle. Apparently Zach flipped out and demanded to go to the hospital because he might have breathed in glitter. What’s amazing to me is that Cara, Paulie, and Natalie are all happily telling this story to clearly try to show how ridiculous Zach is with apparently no awareness of the fact that is makes Natalie look equally if not more ridiculous. 

Edited by Jillibean
Edited because “glittergate” seems to keep changing.
  • Love 4

Only 13 episodes?

That's an interesting choice.  With them raising the prize money and then having a large field, flying in all those people to wherever they are -- Namibia according to someone -- they're not going to stretch it out to more episodes for the sake of selling more ad time?

Maybe the missions cost more to set up?  The ring wrestling thing they did last night can't be that expensive -- nor did it take a lot of imagination for them, it's just about strength mostly.

But that platform they set up might have cost some money, especially making sure they took all the safety precautions.  Also we know they're going to be doing some kind of race on top of speeding trucks at some point.

• Love 1

Was Cara always this unlikable? Jeez, at this point I'm rooting for Kyle and I don't like Kyle that much. It would have been pretty hilarious if Natalie had won and she and Kyle would have to partner up.

Amanda is still the worst

Theo is cute and I like him and Kam flirting. I actually like all of the UK people. 

• Love 3

Actually, Cara was once an underdog and was mistreated by some of the cast, back in her earlier days.  She was likeable and a little goofy then.  As I said in an earlier thread, I'd like production to pull Abram off of his ranch in Montana or wherever and bring him in - then there would be some really fun fireworks!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, crookedjackson44 said:

Actually, Cara was once an underdog and was mistreated by some of the cast, back in her earlier days.  She was likeable and a little goofy then.  As I said in an earlier thread, I'd like production to pull Abram off of his ranch in Montana or wherever and bring him in - then there would be some really fun fireworks!

She was bullied last season by Amanda and the Lavender girls.

She also was humiliated by Kyle.  Not just from the cheating but two seasons ago when he was talking shit about her, like talking about her swallowing ability.

But the way she's acting this season isn't a better luck than being bullied or humiliated/disrespected.

Maybe she's putting up a front to hide her insecurities.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, scrb said:

She was bullied last season by Amanda and the Lavender girls.

She also was humiliated by Kyle.  Not just from the cheating but two seasons ago when he was talking shit about her, like talking about her swallowing ability.

But the way she's acting this season isn't a better luck than being bullied or humiliated/disrespected.

Maybe she's putting up a front to hide her insecurities.

It’s really hard to trust editing. After hearing about stuff that isn’t shown I can see how Amanda is edited as the villain and Cara the female face of the show. All of the sanest people from the show(excluding Smashley) seem to like Amanda. It’s the Caras,Bananas, and Zachs who hate her. In other words two assholes and whatever Cara has become. The girl is a nurse outside of the show. So I respect that about her. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 2/28/2019 at 5:24 PM, Jillibean said:

This week's behind the scenes gossip: apparently after losing, Natalie went back to the house with the producers to get her things and dumped a bottle of glitter in Zach‘s bed and left a nasty note for Kyle. 

I love this lol.

I loved JP calling CT into the elimination. In general, I'm just over all of the veterans. 

Turbo is fantastic. I might seek out Survivor Turkey just to get another glimpse of him. 

Cara is just so dirty. I need her to bathe. It's hard to look at her. On top of that she is pathetic in every way and it's just so uncomfortable to watch.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
On 2/28/2019 at 12:57 PM, RHJunkie said:

From my memory, they had a hook up in the house, Cara liked him more than he liked her (I still don't understand the physical attraction to Kyle) but once the show was over, he went on his way and he didn't bother to keep in touch with her or entertain a relationship with her. Next season, she is obsessing over him and is trying to get get his attention but he's hooking up with other women in the house (though Cara knew at this point he wasn't interested in having something with her) and so then she attached herself to Paulie and began flirting with him to make Kyle jealous, then she slept with him...all the while knowing that Paulie had a girlfriend back home. And now this season Cara is a victim of Kyle's and Paulie is her knight in shining armour that is defending her honour

Thank you! I've been wondering what the story was there -- this makes it a lot easier to understand.

I think it's interesting the vets aren't targeting the U.K. folks, but I do get it. The way Nany seemed to explain it, if you go after one, they'll all come after you, and obviously no one wants to make that many enemies.

But it's interesting that none of the vets cottoned on to that fact beforehand, and worked together instead of letting their petty grudges rule their games. Or that we haven't seen "tribunal alliances," where two teams agree to vote for one team, even if they don't initially nominate them (that you essentially have pawn noms, like Big Brother). With a two-teams-against-one strategy, even if that team survives, you'd spread out the blame a little bit, so you're not an automatic target (as Amanda and Josh have become for Hunter and Georgia).

This challenge was awesome, though. Jumping onto a swinging crane is what I expected to see on this show, not tug-of-war and puzzles. More challenges like this, please.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Thank you! I've been wondering what the story was there -- this makes it a lot easier to understand.

I think it's interesting the vets aren't targeting the U.K. folks, but I do get it. The way Nany seemed to explain it, if you go after one, they'll all come after you, and obviously no one wants to make that many enemies.

But it's interesting that none of the vets cottoned on to that fact beforehand, and worked together instead of letting their petty grudges rule their games. Or that we haven't seen "tribunal alliances," where two teams agree to vote for one team, even if they don't initially nominate them (that you essentially have pawn noms, like Big Brother). With a two-teams-against-one strategy, even if that team survives, you'd spread out the blame a little bit, so you're not an automatic target (as Amanda and Josh have become for Hunter and Georgia).

This challenge was awesome, though. Jumping onto a swinging crane is what I expected to see on this show, not tug-of-war and puzzles. More challenges like this, please.

I think the vets have competed against each other for so long enough that they come in with their alliances and you're either a friend or a foe. The vets seem to have decided that they'd rather take a chance on the devil they don't know rather than the devils they do. My guess is that they're going to use the fresh meat as an opportunity to build new and larger alliances while also hoping that their experience in the game will give them the advantage in the long run because a lot of the vets remaining have seen at least one final. Though truthfully, I find that the finals have been getting easier and easier each year but they've got a good crop of newbies this year so hopefully they're inspired to amp it up again.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 3/2/2019 at 1:09 AM, ImpinAintEasy said:

It’s really hard to trust editing. After hearing about stuff that isn’t shown I can see how Amanda is edited as the villain and Cara the female face of the show. All of the sanest people from the show(excluding Smashley) seem to like Amanda. It’s the Caras,Bananas, and Zachs who hate her. In other words two assholes and whatever Cara has become. The girl is a nurse outside of the show. So I respect that about her. 

Here's the thing, though--do people actually LIKE Amanda, or do they like her the same way they like Johnny, because they'd rather have the super aggressive, semi-bullying person who's always threatening to blow up the lives of people she dislikes as their friend than their enemy? Identification with the aggressor is a real phenomenon, and we've seen it happen plenty of times in a challenge environment. I do think Amanda is a good friend. She's super loyal to her allies. That doesn't make her a good PERSON, though. After blaming all of their problems last year on Zach being a misogynist and a jerk, we saw her have what basically amounted to the following conversation:

Josh: (completely calm) "Amanda, I'd like to have a conversation about the way you're acting and how it affects us as a team."

Amanda: "You are a loser bitch and no one likes you." (Walks away)

I'm not saying that Zach ISN'T a misogynist, because he's given us sort of mixed evidence to work with, but the fact is that he and Zahida seem to be getting along just fine and Amanda is hurling insults at her new partner. 

Cara is just so dirty. I need her to bathe. It's hard to look at her. On top of that she is pathetic in every way and it's just so uncomfortable to watch.

I'm pretty sure Cara can't shower on a regular basis because of those extensions. I think this has come up before. I feel like her relationship with Paulie has been so detrimental to Cara even from a game perspective. Even though she has done this for a million years, I think he has completely taken over her game. He has isolated her from allies she had in the past because he and those allies don't like each other.  And she just sits back and lets him, because she's still in high school and is showing off her new quarterback boyfriend to the midfield lacrosse player who dumped her, complete with "my new boyfriend will beat you up! Tee hee hee!"

Edited by Jillibean
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Jillibean said:

I'm pretty sure Cara can't shower on a regular basis because of those extensions. I think this has come up before.

Couldn't she just like wear a shower cap? Listen, I'll be honest, I don't shower every single day, but it looks like Cara doesn't like ever do it lol. Also, honestly, I think if all she did was take out her extensions she'd look less grimy. Also, she could maybe wash her face semi-regularly and that'd help. 

I sound so bitchy and horrible, which I guess I am lol.

I feel like her relationship with Paulie has been so detrimental to Cara even from a game perspective. Even though she has done this for a million years, I think he has completely taken over her game. He has isolated her from allies she had in the past because he and those allies don't like each other.  And she just sits back and lets him, because she's still in high school and is showing off her new quarterback boyfriend to the midfield lacrosse player who dumped her, complete with "my new boyfriend will beat you up! Tee hee hee!"

This. And that's why it's so hard to watch her. I wish she'd go to therapy, she needs help.

• Love 4

Finally, rookies who aren't afraid to call out vets. I like CT, but he definitely needed this wake-up call. I hope he comes back in shape next season. I know you all like "dad-bod" CT, but to me, that shit has got to go.

I still like Cara, and appreciate her aesthetic, but I have to agree that she looks greasy and dirty.  

I like most of the new people, but I'm not too impressed with Mattie's win. The other two girls were 1/3 of her size; of course she was going to beat them in an elimination that favored strength. 

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, Zima said:

I like most of the new people, but I'm not too impressed with Mattie's win. The other two girls were 1/3 of her size; of course she was going to beat them in an elimination that favored strength. 

This. I was like OK calm down you're much bigger than both of them lol. What show is Mattie from? I'm sure they put what show they're from on the screen when they show them but I don't pay close enough attention to see that.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

This. I was like OK calm down you're much bigger than both of them lol. What show is Mattie from? I'm sure they put what show they're from on the screen when they show them but I don't pay close enough attention to see that.

She was on a show called Party Down South, which was an attempt to do Jersey Shore in the Deep South.  It was on the CMT network but I think MTV owns them and may have aired Party Down South as well.

She was a crazy drunk -- Crazy Mattie.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Party Down South and it was amazingly terrible.  There was a guy everyone called "Daddy".  And it didn't seem weird past the second episode.

7 hours ago, scrb said:

She was on a show called Party Down South, which was an attempt to do Jersey Shore in the Deep South.  It was on the CMT network but I think MTV owns them and may have aired Party Down South as well.

She was a crazy drunk -- Crazy Mattie.

Don't you mean Martha?  Hee!  Kinda hope we see her this season.

• Love 1