Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E15: Hotheads and Hookahs

• Start Topic

I have been reading online that some people think the pool thing was staged and you can see Marty backing up to the pool.  That would have to mean the three of them got together and said - this will make for great TV. But what benefit would that be to Marty?  He looks like a total ass. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, jenifaohjenny said:

I have been reading online that some people think the pool thing was staged and you can see Marty backing up to the pool.  That would have to mean the three of them got together and said - this will make for great TV. But what benefit would that be to Marty?  He looks like a total ass. 

I thought the same thing, Marty is a terrible actor and those things he was saying about Margaret being jealous about the way Danielle looks, etc...sounded a little convoluted. I do think Joey was not clued in to what the producers arranged and was ready for action but why didn't the other HW's go running to see what was going on?  The fact that the camera's were rolling and only Margaret and the boys were on camera makes me suspicious.

However the Oscar goes to Margaret for her delivery of that line "Your husband is in the pool."

On another note, if Dr. Mrs. Turkish Princess was trying to promote her brother's store she should have selected better jewelry, something that did not look as though he bought it from someone's 1980's collection, I know he did not make that piece, too much money to put in to (an outdated looking) spec item.  If he is a good jeweler he would dismantle it and rework it in to a few other pieces.  Rant over.

None of my friends have red or white parties and none of my friends have big blowout bashes for #16, I need to get some different friends, lol. 

• Love 9

Oh friends, I’ve been WAITING for this pool scene since seeing it in the previews. Needless to say, it did not disappoint. “Your husband’s in the pool” is automatically going into the RHW Lines of Fame, along with the classics like “Engaged 19 TIMES!!!,” “You’re such a f@cking liar, Camille,” and of course “JOVANNI!!”  Well done, Marge, well done. 

On 2/14/2019 at 10:44 AM, Lady of nod said:

I was disappointed there wasn't a Danielle update at the end, so I could gloat over her divorce. Is she only a "friend of" ( or enemy of)?

She’s just a friend of. If they’re not in the opening credits, they’re not a FT housewife. 

On 2/14/2019 at 11:23 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

That's why I'm saying shes got a good year left because the fallout over what she does with joe will interest people but then after that no one really cares do we really want to see her dating? I dont

Omg imagine her trying to awkwardly flirt??! Ugh. Cringing at the thought. Of course, if the tabloids are right, she’s already got a boyfriend waiting in the wings. Now THAT would be a juicy storyline (pun not intended I swear!)

On 2/14/2019 at 11:38 AM, teapot said:

that's ridiculous, Tre should go back & *read* her own books, b/c in that one ...Turning Tables or whatever the hell it was called,  (from housewife to inmate) she flat-out admitted to talking to someone and them writing the story down.

I didn't pay for it;  I read an excerpt online!

Seriously! I hope the other women laugh in her face if she tries to claim she actually wrote those books herself.

I heard a podcast with Jacqueline not long ago (I know—ugh!  She’s got her own issues for sure, but at least she can string a few coherent sentences together on her own). She says in the first season, Tre filmed some of her TH scenes at her house, and that the producers would have to write down her lines/responses for her. And she STILL would take multiple takes to get them right. I know some of the negative things J says about Tre could probably be chalked up to “sour grapes,” but for some reason, I believe her on this one. 

12 hours ago, MV713 said:

http://www.watchwhatcrappens.com/

THIS IS EVERYTHING!

I live for their recaps—their Marge and Tre impressions slay me. “Classic Marge.” 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:06 PM, poeticlicensed said:

Maybe I missed it, but did Danielle not have an update at the end? If not, that's very telling. 

Danielle wasn't a HW this season, just a friend of.  Friends of don't get little blurbs at the end.

15 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Oh friends, I’ve been WAITING for this pool scene since seeing it in the previews. Needless to say, it did not disappoint. “Your husband’s in the pool” is automatically going into the RHW Lines of Fame, along with the classics like “Engaged 19 TIMES!!!,” “You’re such a f@cking liar, Camille,” and of course “JOVANNI!!”  Well done, Marge, well done. 

She’s just a friend of. If they’re not in the opening credits, they’re not a FT housewife. 

Omg imagine her trying to awkwardly flirt??! Ugh. Cringing at the thought. Of course, if the tabloids are right, she’s already got a boyfriend waiting in the wings. Now THAT would be a juicy storyline (pun not intended I swear!)

Seriously! I hope the other women laugh in her face if she tries to claim she actually wrote those books herself.

I heard a podcast with Jacqueline not long ago (I know—ugh!  She’s got her own issues for sure, but at least she can string a few coherent sentences together on her own). She says in the first season, Tre filmed some of her TH scenes at her house, and that the producers would have to write down her lines/responses for her. And she STILL would take multiple takes to get them right. I know some of the negative things J says about Tre could probably be chalked up to “sour grapes,” but for some reason, I believe her on this one. 

I live for their recaps—their Marge and Tre impressions slay me. “Classic Marge.” 

Nothing beats their Dr. Evil and the Marge's assistant impressions.   I can't even see them come on screen without cracking up just thinking about it.

• LOL 1

Finally just watched.

Marty deserved to be shoved in the pool.  Sorry but he is not some 15 year old punk who doesn't know any better.  And he landed on his feet, he didn't fall backwards and whack his head.

Danielle tries too hard to speak like a 20 year old.

I FINALLY figured out what throws me off about Jackie in her TH.  Her face doesn't move!  I can't tell if it is a botox freeze, if she has so much makeup caked on that she only moves her mouth or she is being overly careful for the camera.  But there is no expressiveness in her face at all.  Cheeks, forehead, etc all stay frozen.

Marge and her "your husband is in the pool" comment made me laugh.  And to be honest so did Jennifer's when she said that she would have Danielle and Marty over another time when it was an occasion meant to have people in the pool.

Who does Marty look like?  He is so familiar looking.  

• Love 4
On 2/13/2019 at 8:48 PM, Marley said:

Melissa’s ancestry thing was stupid. Somehow her sister is gonna do the same test from the same company one day and then she is gonna know to get it compared to Melissa lol. Pretty sure that’s not how it works. 

Pretty sure that IS how it works. Except she doesn't have to know to tell them compare it specifically to Melissa. They compare it to everyone in their database to see if there's a match. And there are just a few prominent companies who perform this service to pick from, so the chances are not that slim.

• Love 2
On 2/14/2019 at 7:45 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I only watched the first 10 min so far and yikes, Mrs. Dr. Turkish Princess and her howler kids!  They play her like a fiddle!  That 5 year old is piece of work, telling her mother that she will eat for trinkets from Target, oy vey.  And why in the world would the Mrs. Dr. Turkish Princess start that convo with her husband in front of the kids?  WTF??? 

The answer he gave was the exact thing I knew he was going to say, "I make the money, you are the disciplinarian."

Red dresses galore, I am looking forward to seeing the various fashion choices.  

Right?! Are we supposed to be envious of that big ape and her gaggle of unruly brats? Her life looks like a nightmare--and where were they--some crappy hibachi grill in an equally crappy strip mall? With the exception of that ridiculous convention center she lives in, she's the trailer park version of Bebe's Kids.

• Love 3
On 2/14/2019 at 6:16 PM, RedheadZombie said:

So Margaret is the "toxinity" in the group, huh Danielle?

But why the assumption that Jennifer demands the conspicuous consumption and Bill simply tucks his tale and does as instructed?  It's likely they are in agreement about their lifestyle, combined with the fact that Bill is a workaholic - most surgeons are.  The only surgeons I've ever known who don't work insane hours belong to very large practices.  Bill seems to work alone, as most plastic surgeons I've ever known do.

Personally, I would prefer a simpler life, as I always thought with Heather Dubrow and her ridiculous castle.  But that's me.

And their "life" looks like it sucks. Trips to Target and crappy hibachi grills in strip malls whilst living in a scantily-furnished mausoleum in the sticks of NJ? I'll pass. And your husband's not impressive in the least. He's not donating his time to Operation Smile; he puts bolt-ons on middle-aged hags. 

• Love 6
On 2/15/2019 at 4:57 PM, Baltimore Betty said:
On 2/15/2019 at 2:15 PM, jenifaohjenny said:

I thought the same thing, Marty is a terrible actor and those things he was saying about Margaret being jealous about the way Danielle looks, etc...sounded a little convoluted. I do think Joey was not clued in to what the producers arranged and was ready for action but why didn't the other HW's go running to see what was going on?  The fact that the camera's were rolling and only Margaret and the boys were on camera makes me suspicious.

I also thought that had to be staged.  It was just so odd that when Margaret told Danielle her husband was in the pool, Danielle asked “who pushed him in the pool”?   A normal response would have been more along the lines of, why is he in the pool, did he fall in, is he ok, did he jump in with his clothes on, why would he do that, etc.  Yet her question was who pushed him in?   Even for Danielle that’s a weird response 

Not buying it 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Neveragain said:

I also thought that had to be staged.  It was just so odd that when Margaret told Danielle her husband was in the pool, Danielle asked “who pushed him in the pool”?   A normal response would have been more along the lines of, why is he in the pool, did he fall in, is he ok, did he jump in with his clothes on, why would he do that, etc.  Yet her question was who pushed him in?   Even for Danielle that’s a weird response 

Not buying it 

Yes, that would be a normal response, but Danielle is never concerned with WHY someone would do something.  She just needs to know WHO to go after.  That’s why she can’t get along with anyone for any extended period of time.  Because she will come at you for any perceived slight towards her, legit or imagined. She’s never concerned at anyone else’s feelings or opinions, she has no respect (for someone who DEMANDS it) or compassion for anyone.  She will never see someone else’s side to something, she will never try to understand where someone else is coming from.  She wants to be the victim at all times, she’s always the “wronged” one.  All she wants to know is who does she need to attack and “take down” next.  

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, Neveragain said:

Not buying it 

Danielle is crazy though so comparing her reaction to what you think a normal person would do doesn't really help, lol.

I haven't rewatched the scene but I assumed Marty was backing up because Joe and Marge were confronting him so he was trying to be aggressive while maintaining some space between himself and the other party. It could be staged but I always wonder why anyone would want to jeopardize their own integrity and reputation by making themselves look absolutely foolish on TV. It's not like this is a scripted show, they are playing themselves. And if they are willing to sacrifice their own name and reputation for some money, staged or not, I think it's pathetic and just a whole other level of horrible that one would be willing to intentionally sell their souls for some money and fame.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

The thing is, had it been staged, surely Marty would have taken off his expensive watch and cell phone.  Although, who knows?  His watch and cell phone may have been fake cheapies too 🙂

Yeah, the more I think about it, the less I feel it's staged because the more convinced I become that Marty is just stupid so it doesn't surprise me that he would lack any awareness of his surroundings, get into a verbal confrontation with someone while he backs his own ass up to the edge of a pool. Also, when it was pointed out to him that he was insulting a woman's looks, his response was 'no, I'm promoting my wife's beauty'...how can I genuinely think the man has a lot going on up there in his head? lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

It could be staged but I always wonder why anyone would want to jeopardize their own integrity and reputation by making themselves look absolutely foolish on TV. It's not like this is a scripted show, they are playing themselves. And if they are willing to sacrifice their own name and reputation for some money, staged or not, I think it's pathetic and just a whole other level of horrible that one would be willing to intentionally sell their souls for some money and fame.

Except that's the premise of the entire housewives franchise.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 2/15/2019 at 11:55 PM, Duke2801 said:

On 2/16/2019 at 2:25 PM, lezlers said:

Nothing beats their Dr. Evil and the Marge's assistant impressions.   I can't even see them come on screen without cracking up just thinking about it.

I love their Teresa! *Blink, blink, blink, blink* The way they do Dolores is pretty funny too. If anyone has listened to their BH episode, their Rinna is hilarious as well

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

Except that's the premise of the entire housewives franchise.  

The show relies on people making fools of themselves and being reactionary, but the premise isn't to watch obviously staged interactions where one person willingly makes themselves look foolish for the sake of an HW contract which is what I'm referring to specifically. Some HWs claim after they leave the show (and always after they got a 'bad edit') that so many of the things are staged to happen to which I argue, that even if you want to say that isn't your real reaction in life, the fact that you would be willing to act opposite to who you claim you really are, already says a lot about you as a person. I get that the events and situations are staged, but are usually staged in a way that is most likely to generate drama but they aren't following a script.

It's a whole other stupid that these women behave the way they do and then when watching it all back, they double down and insist on defending their poor behaviour. But this is the kind of stupid that the show relies on. 

• Love 1

"Reality" my ass!  The pool scene was sooo very staged.  Terrible acting by all involved. 

I can't figure out if I like Marge or not. In some ways she is caring but in others she is phony. I do know I can't stand how her mouth looks when she talks, like a catfish is exactly right! 

I agree with whomever brought up Jackie's cruel comments to her mother about her style but she looked fantastic after the make-over.

Would someone please spank Jennifer's youngest brat and tell her to calm the eff down!?!  I can see in the eyes and demeanor's of the other children that they are being ignored by both parents.  I'm a middle child and I a know that look.  

• Love 3
On 2/19/2019 at 8:46 AM, RHJunkie said:

Yeah, the more I think about it, the less I feel it's staged because the more convinced I become that Marty is just stupid so it doesn't surprise me that he would lack any awareness of his surroundings, get into a verbal confrontation with someone while he backs his own ass up to the edge of a pool. Also, when it was pointed out to him that he was insulting a woman's looks, his response was 'no, I'm promoting my wife's beauty'...how can I genuinely think the man has a lot going on up there in his head? lol.

I just re-watched this, and I am convinced that it was staged (possibly by Marty and Joe?).  The way Marty was backing up toward the pool edge, when he could have shifted one way or the other, away from the edge.  Also, he looked down several times, as if to gauge how far away from the edge he was.

The biggest tell for me, is that he "fell" sort of standing up and landed on his feet.  If he was actually pushed, he would have fallen in a more prone position, on his back.

• Love 2

Ew, Marty was so nasty about Marge. Firs of all, it is really mean and low blow to go after a woman's looks. Secondly, talking about the women's "tits" is lewd. Thirdly, Marge is a busty woman. What he said about her not having anything wasn't even true. 

That guy makes Paul Kemsley look like a gentleman and Joe Gorga look like a feminist.