Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E15: Hotheads and Hookahs

• Start Topic

Season Finale

Dolores makes an important decision about Frank; Melissa’s search for her sister leads to a shocking discovery; the ladies try to convince Teresa to remove Danielle from their social circle.

Airs 02/13/19 at 9:00 PM Eastern

• Love 2

I haven't watched this show in years, but in watching other Bravo programming, this episode looks so interesting, I just may watch it.  I absolutely need to know whose husband ended up in the pool.

6 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

Tell me why I’m supposed to care about Marge’S EX-husband and her step son.  

I think it’s to humanize her more...yes she can be abrasive and loud but she is also a caring person that genuinely wants people/family to be happy cut to the other side of the spectrum with Danielle who was gleefully happy she was makin her husband disown and ignore his children in favor of her and on top of that is just abrasive and loud ....

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 1
  • Love 19

Like every other person alive, I don't understand why Teresa is so invested in her relationship with Danielle.  They act like little children - "are you gonna have my back?" as if that's the only measure of a friendship.  Plus, who needs backup if you're not fighting all.the.time with every other person in the franchise!!  Grow up!!!

Edited by whydoievencare
  • Like 1
  • Love 17
40 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

Bill is growing on me.  

I believe this is only because we have a common enemy. He still seems like he sucks. Like I get why he doesn't want to be around the wife, but the kids being brats is him too.

• Love 5

what line of business is (was) Jackie mother in , for her to say " my mother has felt like she needed to look frumpy to show the world that she (the mom) is a smart minded business woman " ????

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

Like every other person alive, I don't understand why Teresa is so invested in her relationship with Danielle.  They act like little children - "are you gonna have my back?" as if that's the only measure of a friendship.  Plus, who needs backup if you're not fighting all.the.time with every other person in the franchise!!  Grow up!!!

And all Danielle does when she sees Theresa is asking "What are they saying about me?" Boring narcissist looking for drama. I have to think the producers are telling Theresa to back up Danielle, otherwise the drama is too boring. Doesn't make sense any other way.

• Love 21

And it's Marge and Jo for the win! 

WTF does Danielle have on Teresa to warrant all this loyalty??? It really does not make sense at all.

97 percent Italian for Melissa. My husband as well.  Now I'm going to need Tre's results!  

Oh and how is it Delores still walks between Teresa and the Laurita Manzo ? Talk about awkward !

Did they do a status update on Danielle's divorce?

• Love 9

"You're gonna have my back" Danielle always has to act like she's under attack. When in reality she attacks people or sets up situations and takes the response as her being victimized. 

I love how Jennifer and Bill completely missed the scene. Bill basically disappeared not long after everyone arrived and rematerialized at the very end.

Jackie was a bitch for calling her mom frumpy. Some people aren't obsessed with looks and she always looked put together. I don't buy that you didn't  have a specific falling out with your sibling but not be in the same room in YEARS. Oh you can if there's a specific problem but people drift apart and are in the same room for their parents birthday, family wedding etc. 

"That's not good" LOL at Dolores getting right to the point.

"Fight with yourself Teresa" was another good line of the night, thanks to Melissa. I cringed at the Ancestry DNA thing though... sorry thats one thing I have to bust out a tin foil hat over. I don't trust the systems. I knew Joe was going to take Melissa calling out his comments as saying he's a bad father. But he seemed to be better  about it in the TH. Antonia has an attitude too advanced for a 12yr old but if she did over hear the dildo comment as the edit suggests I'll cut her one break. I wouldn't want to cross her and Milania.

Edited by Gigi43
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Dolores came over to the house project walk-through looking awfully sexy... hair pulled into a bun, low cut, off the shoulder short little white dress with a wedge heel... She did look good...

How much of the $200K does she get to keep...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

I missed the point of the DNA test ... wouldn't the sister also have to take the test , preferably you both witness each other cheek swabbing and mailing it in? Maybe I've watching too many of those judge paternity shows - but I guess I thought people go to a place and get the labs done.

And only the Gorgas would have a dog that dry humps a blanket...on camera...  - and scene. cut the film.

-----

Once again Jennifer's mom is fixing something in the kitchen for an event...I'm trying to figure out if she wants her mom work or her mom is one of those women who has trouble just letting others do the work..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4

Did Teresa just insinuate that her problems with Danielle are Caroline’s fault??? I call B.S. on that both in principle and because she doesn’t seem to be throwing blame Dina’s way and Dina was clearly the one who told her to stay away from Danielle. Living in the Twilight Zone indeed.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, sATL said:

I missed the point of the DNA test ... wouldn't the sister also have to take the test , preferably you both witness each other cheek swabbing and mailing it in? Maybe I've watching too many of those judge paternity shows - but I guess I thought people go to a place and get the labs done.

If the sister ever used Ancestry DNA or 23 and me or whichever service Melissa used they can have it compared to other people in the system to see if you have family members. It's basically a gamble for the sake of finding family. They store it. Various law enforcement agencies have obtained access to data banks for family dna matches for crime scenes to find family members of criminals , hence where I must adjust my tin foil hat. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

Did Teresa just insinuate that her problems with Danielle are Caroline’s fault??? I call B.S. on that both in principle and because she doesn’t seem to be throwing blame Dina’s way and Dina was clearly the one who told her to stay away from Danielle. Living in the Twilight Zone indeed.

Danielle is the one who said Caroline drove a wedge between her and Teresa. Teresa just happened to agree. And I agree as well except Teresa is going to put more blame on Caroline because as far as I know, Teresa and Dina are still friends, and Dina is Audriana's godmother. 

But Teresa did take on Caroline and Dina's issues with Danielle. Teresa didn't really have an issue with Danielle until Danielle brought that "Cop Without a Badge" book to her party and then proceeded to yell at Teresa to "Pay attention" when Danielle was running off a list of things that were true and weren't true in the book. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
Just now, bagger said:

Martie and Danielle deserve each other. I’m surprised they didn’t last 

I'm perplexed that Marty thinks Danielle is some kind of a beauty queen. LoL. It seems like her looks are the only thing he really liked about her. Danielle is not an ugly woman, but she is far from beautiful either. In fact, she is always reminded me a bit of the Grinch. Margaret is definitely more attractive than she is IMO.

59 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

"Your husband's in the pool."  Best quote ever.

Margaret did say in her tagline this season, "I can make you laugh, or I can make you cry. Your choice." She clearly chose to make Danielle and Marty cry. LoL.

• Like 1
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, mwell345 said:

Me too, much to my surprise.  

As far as their kids, that’s a different story.  No way kids that age should be behaving that badly in a public place.  They are not toddlers.  They should know better.  Someone dropped the ball with those kids.

Not to mention “take me to Target and buy me two things and I’ll finish all my soup”

Olivia, the youngest child, said that. Bill and Jennifer are going to go broke giving into all that child's demands. Jennifer already bought her an expensive dollhouse earlier this season to make her stop crying when Jennifer went to Oklahoma.

If I had children, and they acted like the Aydin children, I'd be freakin' suicidal.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Emmeline said:

I can’t imagine why Bill and Jennifer would take those kids to any public place.  I did however feel sorry for the older kids when they told Bill he’s not around enough.  

Jennifer may have a custom dress and some borrowed bling but she still looks ridiculous.

I have always liked Margaret’s husband Joe.  Marty owes Margaret and Joe an apology for his remarks.  I hope Danielle isn’t back next year.

I don’t think the designer of Jennifer’s House is doing herself any favors admitting to that.

I absolutely agree with everything you said. Especially what you said about the, haha, designer.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

Danielle is the one who said Caroline drove a wedge between her and Teresa. Teresa just happened to agree. And I agree as well except Teresa is going to put more blame on Caroline because as far as I know, Teresa and Dina are still friends, and Dina is Audriana's godmother. 

But Teresa did take on Caroline and Dina's issues with Danielle. Teresa didn't really have an issue with Danielle until Danielle brought that "Cop Without a Badge" book to her party and then proceeded to yell at Teresa to "Pay attention" when Danielle was running off a list of things that were true and weren't true in the book. 

I haven't seen the episode yet but I find it hard to reconcile how both the first and second parts of that paragraph can both be true when we saw that Teresa took no issue with Danielle (and said as much) until after that infamous table flipping scene. Sure, the conversation was inspired by Caroline and Dina, and sure, being friends with Caroline and Dina probably made it easier for Teresa to fester in her anger over what happened at that dinner, but I don't see them as being the reason for Teresa and Danielle's feud. Ultimately, Danielle felt obligated to have a platform to speak and took exception when Teresa tried to interject while Teresa felt disrespected by Danielle and of course we all knew what happened after that. I don't think Teresa was fighting anyone else's fight, I think it was a tale of two egos clashing and that was the case for years. Danielle going around town talking about Teresa's home, her family and then calling her estranged family and offering to share dirt on Teresa are all things that had nothing to do with Caroline or Dina.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, RHJunkie said:

I haven't seen the episode yet but I find it hard to reconcile how both the first and second parts of that paragraph can both be true when we saw that Teresa took no issue with Danielle (and said as much) until after that infamous table flipping scene. Sure, the conversation was inspired by Caroline and Dina, and sure, being friends with Caroline and Dina probably made it easier for Teresa to fester in her anger over what happened at that dinner, but I don't see them as being the reason for Teresa and Danielle's feud. Ultimately, Danielle felt obligated to have a platform to speak and took exception when Teresa tried to interject while Teresa felt disrespected by Danielle and of course we all knew what happened after that. I don't think Teresa was fighting anyone else's fight, I think it was a tale of two egos clashing and that was the case for years. Danielle going around town talking about Teresa's home, her family and then calling her estranged family and offering to share dirt on Teresa are all things that had nothing to do with Caroline or Dina.

Oh, I agree with you that Teresa eventually formed her own feud with Danielle. But before the table flip, Teresa didn't really have an issue with her. That's what I was trying to say in my last post. Initially, it was Caroline and Dina that had issues with Danielle and were trying to get Teresa and Jacqueline to stay away from her.

I think Teresa is riding so hard for Danielle now because she has guilt about things that happened between them in the past. That's the only reason I can think of for Teresa's loyalty to Danielle because like Margaret asked in her confessional, "Teresa, what are you getting out from having Danielle Staub in your life?"

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sonoma said:

"Your husband's in the pool" is now one of my favorite Real Housewives quote EVER! Delivery and everything. Even "Me and my husband" was deliciously delivered!

I liked "Keep your stupid friend," too. Margaret is the queen of insulting delivery. 

1 hour ago, fuzzylemon said:

And all Danielle does when she sees Theresa is asking "What are they saying about me?" 

Her paranoia feeds her delusion of being the hero victim. The other ladies have been saying the same things repeatedly (Danielle's a drama queen, weird hold on Teresa, etc), but Danielle just decides that Evil!Margaret is trying to take her down.

10 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I think Teresa is riding so hard for Danielle now because she has guilt about things that happened between them in the past. That's the only reason I can think of for Teresa's loyalty to Danielle because like Margaret asked in her confessional, "Teresa, what are you getting out from having Danielle Staub in your life?"

Definitely.  Maybe this is a glimmer of introspection that began when she was "away"?

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Ha yes go Margaret. Danielle is a dumb bitch and Marty is a moron. He just kept going at Margaret and Joe saying the rudest things. He deserved to be pushed in the pool. Wonder how he feels about all of this now.

Teresa is a dumb ass. Her of all ppl judging someone for reacting when angry is a joke. I wonder if she will still be team Danielle at the reunion. Probably because she is a moron.

Somehow Joe Gorga has grown on me this season. How odd lol.

Melissa’s ancestry thing was stupid. Somehow her sister is gonna do the same test from the same company one day and then she is gonna know to get it compared to Melissa lol. Pretty sure that’s not how it works. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Marley said:

Melissa’s ancestry thing was stupid. Somehow her sister is gonna do the same test from the same company one day and then she is gonna know to get it compared to Melissa lol. Pretty sure that’s not how it works. 

I know a woman who’s in her eighties who did the Ancestry DNA thing and found out she had half-sisters. Her dad had taken off when she was very young and she and her mom never saw him again. 75 years later she does the test and finds a sister. When you do the DNA testing I think there’s an option to have them tell you if there’s a familial match - if the other person has okayed that as well - and that’s just what happened. She took the test and Ancestry told her they’d found a match. She has since met that sister and learned of another who had passed away.

So Melissa’s scenario isn’t impossible. Longshot, yes, but possible for sure.

No other thoughts about the ep, which I thought very boring. I will say that Jennifer’s party outfit was amazingly cheap and tacky looking considering it was “custom made”.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
9 minutes ago, Marley said:

Oddly enough, that is kinda how it works, especially as the tests grow in popularity. People have found relatives through the registries. Police departments have even found criminals through their relatives who took the dna tests. I think that’s how they caught the Golden State Killer.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, Marley said:

Ha yes go Margaret. Danielle is a dumb bitch and Marty is a moron. He just kept going at Margaret and Joe saying the rudest things. He deserved to be pushed in the pool. Wonder how he feels about all of this now.

Teresa is a dumb ass. Her of all ppl judging someone for reacting when angry is a joke. I wonder if she will still be team Danielle at the reunion. Probably because she is a moron.

Somehow Joe Gorga has grown on me this season. How odd lol.

I can't understand why Melissa would take what a psychic told her as the gospel. She knew she didn't have a third season. She just wanted/needed a storyline for this season.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Me too, much to my surprise.  

As far as their kids, that’s a different story.  No way kids that age should be behaving that badly in a public place.  They are not toddlers.  They should know better.  Someone dropped the ball with those kids.

Not to mention “take me to Target and buy me two things and I’ll finish all my soup”

I'm finding the kids obnoxious, too, but when the little girl said something like "family should be a little more important" in a respectful voice my heart really went out to her. The boy also saying respectfully that he'd like to see more of his father also touched me. Hopefully, even though I can see why he likes to stay away, he will make a change. Besides which, I've never heard of a "traditional" family belief that the mother is the only disciplinarian. My experience, and that of my friends is that the kids will run roughshod over you, especially if dad is away on a business trip. It's not that I gave in to bad behavior, it's more that the boundaries are constantly being tested when dad is away.

• Love 10

Because it just can't be said enough "your husbands in the pool" with just the right inflection.  Margaret is golden in my book. When watching the previews I thought the only thing better would be if they had pushed Danielle in too. I wonder If she would have melted like the wicked witch. But then we wouldn't have had the best line of the season. 

Not that Tre hasn't always been dumb but I think perhaps that diet she was on killed even more brain cells causing her to be so far up Danielle's ass that she's  now repeating Danielle's words like a mantra. Call your Dad Teresa, you're in a cult. 

Edited by Lady of nod
Autocorrect!
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11

Was glad to see Marty get thrown into the pool.  Good on you, Margaret and Joe!  It's as though Danielle casted a spell on her husband and Teresa - like brainwashing.  I truly hope this is her last season.  I'm sure that Marty cringes to see how he appeared on TV now that he's out of the marriage.  Joe Gorga said it best - he was pussy whupped.  Tre has never been the sharpest tool in the shed but she came across as a fucking idiot this season in her dealings with Danielle.

I blame Jennifer and Bill for their children's terrible behavior.  They are the perfect example of how being ultra spoiled can wreak havoc on the brain.  Don't want to think of what they're going to be like as grown-ups.

And the "high-end fashion label queen" Jennifer looked like a hot mess at her party.  She has shit taste in clothing.

I believe that Delores came up with the leaving the house thing to add to her storyline.  Definitely think that she and Frank were doing things while living together.

Edited by Jets4274
  • Love 12

Danielle asking Teresa if she would back her up if anything should happen sounded liked code for 'I'm going to start shit and I need you to promise your loyalty to me without any condition'. I was expecting that Danielle would instigate shit at the party...and she didn't disappoint. That psychopath is predictable as fuck. Danielle played Teresa like a fiddle. Telling Teresa that nobody plays Teresa, she knew that would get Teresa heated and automatically get defensive thinking that the others are trying to manipulate her.

I appreciated Melissa calling out Joe for the demeaning shit he says and that he needs to quit with being so obsessed with gender roles. Some people enjoy that and that's fine, but when you lecture your daughter about needing to be a good sister, a good daughter, a good wife and you have to make money, meanwhile your son peeing in a pool would elicit sheer pride and joy from you, it's a fucked up message to send. I hope he genuinely got the message and is doing better with being more mindful and hopefully genuinely learning in the process that his daughter has more to offer the world than being a pretty housewife.

Where I'm from, they say that it doesn't matter if your kids  act like monsters in the home, but when you take them out and they behave well, then you know you're doing something right. Bill and Jennifer have got plenty catching up to do because a parent who quickly caves to an ultimatum served by their children just so they'll eat fucking soup is just beyond ridiculous. It's one thing for a parent to call out children being spoiled but I thought Jennifer took it to a next level of inappropriate and manipulative when she started talking about Bill not being around enough. Given what he does, I'm pretty sure that he does in fact spend a lot of time away from the family and should make more of an effort to be around the house more, however, Jennifer complaining to the children at home and confronting their father in front of them seemed like Jennifer using her children to do her dirty work for them...and in the end, she got a concession out of him while not even acknowledging that she would be willing to work on the discipline.

Marge wins the night for me as she walked by Danielle and told her that her husband is in the pool and when DAnielle asked who threw him in the pool...'oh me and my husband', haha.  That idiot deserved it.

I'd be interested to see if Bill is asked at the reunion about what he thought about Marty getting shoved in the pool...he seems rational and honest enough to not be bothered whether his opinions are in line with his wife or not.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, renatae said:

I'm finding the kids obnoxious, too, but when the little girl said something like "family should be a little more important" in a respectful voice my heart really went out to her. The boy also saying respectfully that he'd like to see more of his father also touched me. Hopefully, even though I can see why he likes to stay away, he will make a change. Besides which, I've never heard of a "traditional" family belief that the mother is the only disciplinarian. My experience, and that of my friends is that the kids will run roughshod over you, especially if dad is away on a business trip. It's not that I gave in to bad behavior, it's more that the boundaries are constantly being tested when dad is away.

I wonder why Bill and Jennifer had so many children and one right after each other.  Jennifer always seems overwhelmed and uses gifts to pacify the children, and Bill seems like he can't get away from them fast enough.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Marley said:

My bff who never knew her father found two half siblings and several cousins on her dad’s side through 23 and Me. You have to agree to allow the database to match profiles so it isn’t a sure bet that they have done it and chosen that option.

I am confused though about Melissa’s story I thought she knew the woman already?

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I kind of block out Jackie sometimes but has she ever said her sister’s name? It seemed so weird how she told her mom “I reached out to my sister,” it was completely unnatural. 

I think that her sister didn't want her name used in the show, which is why they referred to her like that.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8