Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Justin's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Kid said:

No you didn’t, bitch.  You did not want to build a relationship. And yes you’re right, you don’t deserve the son you’ve got.

He can’t rely on her and I hope he does not fool himself into believing he can.

He can rely on the fact that she is no-one to rely on.

• Love 7

While I applaud adult kids having cathartic therapy sessions with their parents, I in no way believe it's necessary to do it on tv. Happy for how this seemed to turn out and ITA with Justin taking a wait and see on his relationship with his mom.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, QuinnInND said:

You want what she can't give, Justin. Unfortunately. 

She started hardcore drugs pretty young, like very early twenties, no? And has continued to struggle with addiction issues. She really just doesn’t have anything to give that he wants/needs/craves. It’s just not there. Once he accepts hr limitations, he’ll be much better off. She’ll never be the mother you want, just like she wasn’t able to be the mother you needed as a child. 

• Love 12
Just now, MrsRopersCaftan said:

I'm glad Justin thought that went well because I thought it accomplished exactly nothing. I hope he can learn to stand on his own and not wait for his mother to start mothering him. I think that ship sailed a long time ago.

That’s how I feel about it but I wonder if it’s more about Justin. Maybe there is something to him saying ‘you are like this’ that gives voice to what he knows deep down but hasn’t been willing to fully accept. It sounds like he knew she was probably going to bail moving with him to Houston but held out hope she wouldn’t. So maybe sitting down and saying to her face that she’s like this makes it easier next time she says she’s going to do something for him to just say ‘well if she does fine - if not fine’ and move on rather than be disappointed and crushed every time. 

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

OK, so Jazz survives the surgery, pops a stitch or ten, and Mom has to take to a hospital bed?     There's a drama llama in that family, but it's not Jazz.      

Did you see the new show on TLC, Dr. Toe something?    I almost lost my din-din over that one. 

And lay off with the Dr Pimple Popper commercials.

Dad moved to Myrtle Beach a long time ago, after he divorced the second wife.     Four extra months to go to Houston?    Edit the damn house stuff to clothes, and personal stuff, put it in the truck, store or donate the stuff left over, and buy a couple of beds, a couch and a TV or two when you get to Houston.   .  

Way to go Dad, not real enthusiastic, but he did agree.   

Justin should just hire someone like Princess (from the Steven Assanti episode), a home health care aide.     

Two days, it's a record.  

Why didn't they hire local movers to unload the trailer?     It wouldn't cost much, and no one would be ready to keel over.    

So first visit 687, month 3-595, and month 6-508, so 87 more off.    

I think he’s really being conscious about his money. At the original visit to Houston and they were talking about it would be an extra $13 a day for his mom to be on the rental agreement as a driver. And he made a comment to his dad that he would pay the extra to keep the U-Haul trailer another day. I’m guessing he is frugal with how he spends his money. Which is why he was probably able to keep his house after filing for disability. It really is too bad that he can’t have a home health care aid for whatever period of time he needs it post surgery.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, MrsRopersCaftan said:

I'm glad Justin thought that went well because I thought it accomplished exactly nothing. I hope he can learn to stand on his own and not wait for his mother to start mothering him. I think that ship sailed a long time ago.

Just saying what he needed to say might be helpful to him.

He hasn't backslid at all, has he?

• Love 5

Justin and that lady from last season who lost all the weight AND got skin removal surgery all in the same episode are the best people to have been featured on this show. And by "best," I mean people who actually worked the program. 

My idea of actual "best" though would be Penny, Pauline, James K, and Lisa.

1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

Just saying what he needed to say might be helpful to him.

He hasn't backslid at all, has he?

I meant it didn't seem to accomplish anything as far his mother having an epiphany about what she's done to him and how it's affected him his entire life. I hope saying what he needed to say finally gives him the freedom to let go of the hope that he's been harboring. He's doing great and I don't want to see him fail because he's pinned his hopes on her changing.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

It's a way to move on. Cathartic. I needed to. I wanted to. I had to. Telling her and making her admit what she did to me. How she made me feel. I had no voice when I was a kid, and being an adult and getting out all the hurt and anger towards her was such a relief. 

Cringe. There are two sides to every story. This just sounds sad all around.

• Love 3

Maybe all he needed from his mother is to hear that she loves him?  And to feel like he "stood up for himself" in actually confronting her?   He seems to be doing great, so he must be doing everything right for himself.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

Justin and that lady from last season who lost all the weight AND got skin removal surgery all in the same episode are the best people to have been featured on this show. And by "best," I mean people who actually worked the program. 

My idea of actual "best" though would be Penny, Pauline, James K, and Lisa.

Did you really just make a “best” list without including Steven ‘I fall off golf carts’ assanti?? Disappointing. 😆

• Love 9
1 minute ago, 88Keys said:

Justin, it's time to shop for some new clothes.  I don't think he realizes that he could wear much smaller sizes.  

He is probably waiting until he is in his final shape.  Pity, because properly fitting clothing could make him feel better... not that there can be good fit before skin removal surgery.  And I bet you anything he hates shopping!

• Love 2