Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: 'Til Mud Do Us Part

• Start Topic

Anybody else notice that Kate is actually a brunette and just colors her hair blond??? Watching their scenes is so painful. He's just not into her. Guys are very attraction driven. She is a really cute girl. Not sure what he's attracted to, but I just think it's crazy to encourage them to stay together.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, julieshubertforeve said:

Anybody else notice that Kate is actually a brunette and just colors her hair blond??? Watching their scenes is so painful. He's just not into her. Guys are very attraction driven. She is a really cute girl. Not sure what he's attracted to, but I just think it's crazy to encourage them to stay together.

Same with Amber last year. Dave said he liked dark hair. I wonder if she went brunette at the final show to have one last chance for him to like her or to show him what he was missing.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Phoenix said:

In the screening stage, Jasmine told the experts she wanted her man/new husband to be her slave and then laughed, but it's becoming clear she meant that statement.  She also belittles Will every chance she gets.  I don't expect Will to stay in that marriage.  She never should have been selected to be on the show at all based on her slave comment.

After watching an entire season of Sam viciously verbally abusing Neil and just generally being a crazy-ass bitch, you realize that the "experts" supposedly screened her "in depth" and then decided that SHE was the BEST choice out of eleventy bajillion applicants.  And from that point forward, given that Sam must be at least the minimum standard for an appropriate cast member, you now understand that any person on the face of the earth qualifies to be selected.  

(And after internalizing that further, the "experts" did nothing to intervene in the situation, you realize that not only will they select anybody, they will stand by and let the person they selected abuse and threaten her spouse to a degree that should be absolutely intolerable by trained mental health professionals, IMO).

And frankly, while not at all disagreeing with you about Jasmine myself, I can't even begin to put her off the cuff remark about wanting to be catered to hand and foot in the same realm as Sam, and thus am not even a teeny, tiny, little bit surprised that nothing about that comment, or anything else about Jasmine, gave the "experts" pause in selecting her for the show.  Because, to be clear, in comparison to Sam, Jasmine is a fucking angel.

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

Keith claiming he is unable to cook is what annoys me. There is no excuse for someone his age to be unable to cook a basic meal. I'm guess that had more of an impact on his relationships than the education issue. A lot of women don't want to all the cooking or laundry while their husband sits on the couch. I know someone who does all the cooking and laundry for her family because her husband is a lazy person. She tried to excuse it by saying that his mother wouldn't let him cook or laundry. So? After he turned 18 that was on all him, it is the same for Keith. I'm thinking Kristine is not going to be cool with that. 

While I agree with you about the cooking, sadly it's not as unusual as it used to be for people Keith's age these days to not know how to cook.  I haven't said much about Keith, but I think he is a man child that was spoiled rotten and coddled by his grandmother.  She raised him to be like men of an older generation, and that just doesn't fly with today's younger women, to their credit!

• Love 3

Keith's story line is a man baby that has been coddled and waited on hand and foot by his mother, his grandmother, his aunt.

He fondly recalls getting shooed out of the kitchen so they can cook for him.

Keith equates love and nurturing with the number of courses set on the table.

"The experts" matched Keith with an ambitious woman who works in real estate with unpredictable hours, working on weekends to show houses and be at open houses so she is not going to be at home rattling pots and pans to have dinner on the table every evening.

Have a feeling there will be a lot of shots of Keith sitting at the dining table in front of an empty dinner plate, napkin tied around his neck, fork in one fist, knife in the other.

Keith's whining "where's my dinner" will be on a loop.

Hilarity will ensue when he sets off the smoke alarm trying to heat up a can of SpagettiO's.

Keith will begin stopping off at Grandmother's on his way home to get his home cooked meals...which will be okay with Kristine...

• Love 7
11 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I recall when he was revealing who he was to her she explained she was supporting a friend,  felt engaged and that Puke even emailed her after and she didn’t answer him  back.   So how committed was he?   I can not forget when Jamie commented on his hair he said he butched it up , I think it was Jamie or was it at a group meeting?  Since he was almost bald the next time he was shown Kate’s pretty generous for letting a hairpiece go unmentioned.  

I'm no fan of Luke but he didn't say "butched it up". He said changed it up. 

Edited by aphroditewitch
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Kristine & Keith - I like them so far, and they seem like a cute couple. He seems pretty willing to go along with whatever she wants. They both seem fairly easygoing, so they may work out.

I think it's awful for one person to "go along with whatever" the other person wants and discard their own things in order to keep the peace. That someone would expect that is shocking to me. Not much of a marriage if you don't integrate both people's lives into the new one and keep your solo hobbies if the other person is not interested in participating in them. Too many people take it as a personal insult if the other says, "I'm not interested in doing that." The insulted person thinks, "Well, I like this, so you should," or, "You should try with all your might to learn to like it." Why? To me that's nuts.

• Love 5

I agree, @configdotsys. I'm very active and into fitness but if I married a marathon runner, I'd be like "Good luck!" and cheer him on at the finish line. I wouldn't be out there running with him because I'm not into that kind of distance running. I don't like it. If he insisted I run 10, 15, 20 miles with him, we would not last.

We all need some amount of movement in our lives but Kristine forcing it on Keith bugs me. Like, maybe instead of the gym they could just go for a walk? Philly has a great park system, there are lots of places to walk. Or maybe she could ask "I'm going to the gym, wanna come?" and let him make up his own mind.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

Keith doesn't look like he's in bad shape, and I don't understand Kristine wanting him to have a "six pack" abs.  I agree that she should just stop nagging him.

Just like he should stop nagging her to cook for him........

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

Keith doesn't look like he's in bad shape, and I don't understand Kristine wanting him to have a "six pack" abs.  I agree that she should just stop nagging him.  

IIRC she was joking when she made the six pack comment. The gym moment at the beginning of the honeymoon reeked of producer manipulation. It is a bit early to say that Kristine is nagging him about anything.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

IIRC she was joking when she made the six pack comment. The gym moment at the beginning of the honeymoon reeked of producer manipulation. It is a bit early to say that Kristine is nagging him about anything.

I would normally say the same but on Unfiltered Queenie said she was "on a mission" to have him develop a six pack. She also said that's what she's "attracted to", so he has to do it for her. Cal then tried to explain acceptance & how bodies change, she may have babies (implying he'll need to always accept her as well), etc, & she replied they can "help each other" stay in shape, so she wasn't conceding.

Could all be to continue the narrative but she does seem to be pushing it.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Keith should glance at her belly and say, "You first."  Let's be honest, she's not sporting abs either.

• Love 5
(edited)

Keith and Will should just switch wives.

MAFS needs a switcheroo option that couples can do a clean trade( a spouse for a spouse) worked out amongst themselves... no harm, no foul... the trading period expires when the honeymoon does...

Keith will have a wifey in Jasmine who wants to cook and care for her man....

Will gets Kristine, a real estate agent who has unlimited earning potential.

He's cool to cook and clean if that is going to make her working long hours pay off with $$$$.

Bonus for Will who doesn't own a home but with a free real estate agent, he can buy and he saves on commission.

Edited by humbleopinion
Stephanie is not up for trade!
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

MAFS needs a switcheroo option that couples can do a clean trade( a spouse for a spouse) worked out amongst themselves... no harm, no foul... the trading period expires when the honeymoon does...

Will gets Stephanie, a real estate agent who has unlimited earning potential.

He's cool to cook and clean if that is going to make her working long hours pay off with $$$$.

Bonus for Will who doesn't own a home but with a free real estate agent, he can buy and he saves on commission.

I think Will would be down with that scenario.  

Actually it's Kristine who's the real estate agent.   I think AJ wants to keep Stephanie, lol.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, julieshubertforeve said:

I think this is one of the reasons Lukewarm didn’t tell her he likes brunettes. Because you know she’d have told him she’d go back to her natural color and promise to never ever to die it again. 

1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

I think Will would be down with that scenario.  

20 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Will gets Stephanie, a real estate agent who has unlimited earning potential.

Somehow the quotes go messed up but I agree that Will might like that. Kristine seems like a 50/50 kind of woman. Keith and Jasmine however...LMAO. Disaster. She really doesn’t want to stay home and cook and clean. And I seriously doubt Keith would live up to Daddy Lincoln’s standards. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Jasmine wants to be married...even if it is to a couch tater like Keith...

Keith is a simple man who wants a home cooked meal on the table when he rolls in from a hard day at the Dialysis Center.....

Keith could be a content husband patting his "keg" full of dinner.....

Papa Lincoln is happy if Jasmine is happy.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 1

Think Keith lives where the lovingly cooked meals are...he is the sole male in his immediate family of mother, grandmother, aunt and sister.

Am sure he is pleasant company for his family as long as they don't take "his spot" on the couch....

Makes sense for Kristine to live her family...hard working real estate agents put in long hours on weekdays and weekends.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I think it's awful for one person to "go along with whatever" the other person wants and discard their own things in order to keep the peace. That someone would expect that is shocking to me. Not much of a marriage if you don't integrate both people's lives into the new one and keep your solo hobbies if the other person is not interested in participating in them. Too many people take it as a personal insult if the other says, "I'm not interested in doing that." The insulted person thinks, "Well, I like this, so you should," or, "You should try with all your might to learn to like it." Why? To me that's nuts.

Oh, I agree with you. I'd be irritated if my partner was dragging me off to the gym every day or trying to make me take up their hobby. I'm just giving my perspective on what I *see* happening. Keith seems willing to go along with Kristine's wishes, at least for now. Of course, if she can't or isn't willing to cook, all bets are off :) 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Maybe this is why Keith and Kristine live with family.

That's very interesting - Do we know how much money each of them makes?   Not to diminish the impact of that article, but I know a lot of white people in their age bracket that still live at home for similar financial reasons - and from what I've read this is increasingly true across the board for both races.  According to this article from NPR, 32.1% of  white millennials live at home with parents (33% men/27% women) vs. 36% of African American millennials (39% men/34% women).  Note that this is only the statistic for people living with a parent or parents, not other family members.  Also note that going back in time to 1940 and before it was actually the other way around with more white young adults living at home than blacks, according to the blue line graph on the right side of the page.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Why is Jasmine's dad called Papa Lincoln, because he went to that college?  I don't get it.  

I called him Daddy Lincoln specifically in reference to him approving of Keith as a son-in-law. I think a whole lot of his sudden approval of the marriage was the fact that  he and Will both attended Lincoln. I actually think Will became more attractive to Jasmine (at that time) for the same reason. 

Edited by Soup333
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Will gets Kristine, a real estate agent who has unlimited earning potential.

Keith with Jasmine?  I don’t think so.  Keith is a fun joking guy.  I think Jasmine is too rigid and proper for him.  She seems older and too sensible for him.  He’s still like a kid, farts and all.  Plus, he’ll probably be stopping by Grandma’s on the way home.  I don’t think she would care for that, IMO.  But, you never know.  Stranger things have happened.   The  “switcheroo” seems like a great idea for a new show.  Maybe you are on to something there.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 4

But didn't Keith say in his into that he is going to school for nursing?  Right now he works as a dialysis technician so maybe he is just living with grandma so he can save money for tuition. I really don't find anything wrong with that.  And honestly, if he is happy being a dialysis tech, nothing wrong with that either, imo.  Some folk don't have big dreams or aspire to great wealth.   After a hard day at work, he likes to unwind watching a little TV.  It's on the experts to match applicants with others with similar interests, goals, religious preferences, etc, but we all know how that goes!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

But didn't Keith say in his into that he is going to school for nursing?  Right now he works as a dialysis technician so maybe he is just living with grandma so he can save money for tuition. I really don't find anything wrong with that.  And honestly, if he is happy being a dialysis tech, nothing wrong with that either, imo.  Some folk don't have big dreams or aspire to great wealth.   After a hard day at work, he likes to unwind watching a little TV.  It's on the experts to match applicants with others with similar interests, goals, religious preferences, etc, but we all know how that goes!

Anyone who works in a hospital sees a lot of sad, scary and depressing things.  It’s stressful work.  I don’t blame Keith one bit to come home and relax in front of the t.v. And maybe unwind with a few laughs.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Why is Jasmine's dad called Papa Lincoln, because he went to that college?  I don't get it.  

He’s called Papa because he’s the oldest of the bunch.  Jasmine, her brother, their friends, Will, all went to Lincoln and are young.

• Love 2
On 1/23/2019 at 3:43 PM, Neurochick said:

I don't get what's wrong with that.  If you can't afford to live on your own, why should you?  Makes sense to live at home and save your money.

Better to live with family than to be unnecessarily house poor. 

• Love 7
On 1/23/2019 at 5:55 PM, configdotsys said:

I didn't get that vibe from Jasmine. Last week when they were talking at the table she asks him what he thinks about gender roles and he says, "you can cook right?" She says, "Yeah," and he says, "Well, that's it." She looks a little shocked and then he says he's kidding. When she goes on about the man being the provider, he says to her, "So you do believe in traditional gender roles and would do the cooking and cleaning," and she froze. Finally, she said, "I wouldn't mind doing that" Not very convincing. Then she says that even though she can take care of things (bills) herself, she wants a provider to come in and take over aka, you pay for everything, and I get to keep and do whatever I want with my money. I hope Will cuts her loose. 

I must have heard this wrong. I don't remember Jasmine saying she wanted Will to pay all the bills. I thought she suggested a 70/30 split as opposed to the 50/50 split he suggested. With a 70/30 split, Will would still be the provider. In order to do that, Jasmine would still be working and contributing financially to the household.

I also am surprised to see how many people have a problem with a woman who wants a husband who is a provider. It's not for everyone just like a 50/50 financial split isn't. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I think this is one of the reasons Lukewarm didn’t tell her he likes brunettes. Because you know she’d have told him she’d go back to her natural color and promise to never ever to die it again. 

Somehow the quotes go messed up but I agree that Will might like that. Kristine seems like a 50/50 kind of woman. Keith and Jasmine however...LMAO. Disaster. She really doesn’t want to stay home and cook and clean. And I seriously doubt Keith would live up to Daddy Lincoln’s standards. 

Kristine said she wants a man who earns more than she does. I don't know how she feels about the actual handling of finances though. 

10 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I would normally say the same but on Unfiltered Queenie said she was "on a mission" to have him develop a six pack. She also said that's what she's "attracted to", so he has to do it for her. Cal then tried to explain acceptance & how bodies change, she may have babies (implying he'll need to always accept her as well), etc, & she replied they can "help each other" stay in shape, so she wasn't conceding.

Could all be to continue the narrative but she does seem to be pushing it.

This has been bugging me about Kristine. Keith not liking to work out is a difference in interests. But why she keeps talking about a 6 pack is beyond me. She has a pouch that was visible even in her wedding dress. Keith doesn't go to the gym but is going along with it. And to be honest, he does seem to have some natural muscle tone. I never would have thought she worked out, which is not an issue. But I don't know why she's shaming Keith's lack of abs. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Coming home from the honeymoon it looks like the New Bobby and Danielle is AJ and Stephanie aka  SEXY AF

AJ is besotted with her and she seems to be smitten with him....

The tease has them making decor decisions...she want to take down some stupid winning hand in cards poker display and he is saying...not so fast....

Looks like we have another wagon wheel situation here...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, love2lovebadtv said:

I also am surprised to see how many people have a problem with a woman who wants a husband who is a provider. 

You know, I had a 3-4 paragraph response typed up for this.  Then I started to wonder what am I doing with my life...I'm sitting on my couch discussing sham marriages and hypothetical situations. 🤦‍♂️

• Love 17
(edited)

You are having mental fun being able to articulate opinions about topics that have nothing to do with you personally but makes you think, organize your thoughts, use your vocabulary for clarity of ideas and float them out in space...and have people respond to them....amirite or off base?

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, love2lovebadtv said:

I must have heard this wrong. I don't remember Jasmine saying she wanted Will to pay all the bills. I thought she suggested a 70/30 split as opposed to the 50/50 split he suggested. With a 70/30 split, Will would still be the provider. In order to do that, Jasmine would still be working and contributing financially to the household.

I also am surprised to see how many people have a problem with a woman who wants a husband who is a provider. It's not for everyone just like a 50/50 financial split isn't. 

I think Jasmine double talks.  She says things, then backtracks and means another.  I don’t quite get what she means half the time.  I don’t think she does either.  If she doesn’t really know what she means, how will Will know?  I think she confuses him.  I could be wrong, but I don’t see a connection there at all.  She’s complicated.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Coming home from the honeymoon it looks like the New Bobby and Danielle is AJ and Stephanie aka  SEXY AF

The tease has them making decor decisions...she want to take down some stupid winning hand in cards poker display and he is saying...not so fast....

Haha .. I LOVE this picture.  Have it on my DVR and watch all the time.  I love how they filmed lots of N.Y.City locations.  The museum, Katz Deli ..all my old stomping grounds.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, love2lovebadtv said:

She seemed to pull that number out of thin air because she was so shocked and offended at his 50/50 expectation. She might make more than he does. She owns a house. He does not. What happens then? He's to pay the entire mortgage on her house? Will this independent woman put his name on her house now that they are married? Will she sell her house and put the proceeds in a joint account so they can start their lives with a cushion or put the proceeds towards a new house that they jointly buy? Somehow I don't think so.

There are a lot of questions here. If she came onto the show with the demeanor and attitude that she was looking for a provider and a very traditional home, I would not have a problem with it but when you throw around how independent you are and you're fully able to cover all the bills yourself but you don't feel like doing that because you just feel like the guy should pay, that doesn't make sense to me.

Edited to add: The stupidity of the "experts" who don't bother to ask these important questions before matching people is to blame for this nonsense.

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I think Jasmine double talks.  She says things, then backtracks and means another.  I don’t quite get what she means half the time.  I don’t think she does either.  If she doesn’t really know what she means, how will Will know?  I think she confuses him.  I could be wrong, but I don’t see a connection there at all.  She’s complicated.

And that is why they are all still single!!  The fun part about this show is being able to pick out their personality defects and determine why they never married!  Putting two of these off beats together makes for a kinky little show!

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

OMG, I LOVE this picture and have it on my DVR and watch it all the time.  All the sites of N.Y.City.  My old stomping grounds.  The museum in the fall, Katz Deli, Carrie Fisher, etc.  Great!

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

She seemed to pull that number out of thin air because she was so shocked and offended at his 50/50 expectation. She might make more than he does. She owns a house. He does not. What happens then? He's to pay the entire mortgage on her house? Will this independent woman put his name on her house now that they are married? Will she sell her house and put the proceeds in a joint account so they can start their lives with a cushion or put the proceeds towards a new house that they jointly buy? Somehow I don't think so.

There are a lot of questions here. If she came onto the show with the demeanor and attitude that she was looking for a provider and a very traditional home, I would not have a problem with it but when you throw around how independent you are and you're fully able to cover all the bills yourself but you don't feel like doing that because you just feel like the guy should pay, that doesn't make sense to me.

Edited to add: The stupidity of the "experts" who don't bother to ask these important questions before matching people is to blame for this nonsense.

Most of these things don't matter though because Jasmine and Will are unlikely to get far enough to combine finances. And even if they were on the same page and into each other, I think most people would recommend they wait to truly combine finances. 

• Love 5
On 1/25/2019 at 5:48 AM, aphroditewitch said:

I'm no fan of Luke but he didn't say "butched it up". He said changed it up. 

18 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Thanks I’m hard of hearing and could have sworn it was butched it up. 

18 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I'm not hard of hearing and I could have sworn he said "butched" too.

I’m pretty sure he said “switched it up”. Maybe someone should rewatch this scene with the CC on so we can put this gripping mystery to rest. 😋

• Love 1

I tried giving Luke the benefit of the doubt, because I knew she wasn't his type. After his dead and repulsed comment, he can go have several seats next to Jephte. Jasmine needs to stop comparing her marriage to her parents'  marriage, they'll be fine once she stops doing that. I'm starting to worry about Stephanie and AJ. His temper tantrum about doing the homework came out of nowhere. Kristine and Keith are still adorable.

• Love 3
On 1/26/2019 at 9:51 AM, Marsh said:

You know, I had a 3-4 paragraph response typed up for this.  Then I started to wonder what am I doing with my life...I'm sitting on my couch discussing sham marriages and hypothetical situations. 🤦‍♂️

I don’t get Jasmine’s thinking or overthinking for that matter.  Say she decides to have three kids in a row and wants to be a SAHM.  Then, I guess Will will be the “provider”, right?  It’s obvious, so what exactly is her point?  She’s so confusing .. she’s making me confused also, lol.  Sit down and be quiet already before Will dumps you.

• Love 4
On 1/25/2019 at 11:20 PM, love2lovebadtv said:
On 1/23/2019 at 3:43 PM, Neurochick said:

I don't get what's wrong with that.  If you can't afford to live on your own, why should you?  Makes sense to live at home and save your money.

Better to live with family than to be unnecessarily house poor. 

I don't think that's what it is with Keith.  His harping on who will do the cooking, etc. makes him look like someone that's been coddled and wants a caretaker.  That's why he hasn't had the motivation to find other living arrangements.  If he was just living at home until he got his act together and could afford more, that would be another thing altogether, but he is not giving off those vibes at all, in fact, just the opposite.  He clearly sees getting a wife as a replacement for his grandmother - someone that will dote on him, do his laundry, clean his house and make his meals.  I don't think Kristine will want to fill that role at all.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I don’t get Jasmine’s thinking or overthinking for that matter.  Say she decides to have three kids in a row and wants to be a SAHM.  Then, I guess Will will be the “provider”, right?  It’s obvious, so what exactly is her point?  

I think her point is that she doesn't want to pay half the bills starting on day 1 of marriage.  Even before kids.  Which doesn't seem fair. When there are kids yes it's understandable if one person is more of a provider.

I can't figure out her personality.  I think she's a ticking time bomb that's going to explode with anger one episode.  Saw glimpses on the atvs. (please happen, I love the drama)

• Love 3
(edited)

Kate: WTF is wrong with "the experts?" They matched me up with a POS, smirking d bag?

Kristine: WTF is wrong with "the experts?" They matched me up with the no energy couch spud perpetually whimpering for dinner?

Jasmine: WTF is wrong with "the  experts? They matched me up with a man who LITERALLY believes me when I say I am an independent woman when it's obvious to everyone but him that I mean the opposite....

SEXY AF: Wahoo...AJ can't keep his hands off me...and I don't want him to.....

Puke: WTF is wrong with "the experts?" They matched me up with someone that is not a total hipster like myself...guess I'll throw her under the bus, back up and run her over and over and over again....

Keith: WTF is wrong with "the experts?" They matched me up with someone who wants me to exercise and lose my dinner pouch...I like to pat my bulging keg when it is full...

Will: WTF is wrong with the "experts?" They matched me with an independent woman who has been doing fine financially on her own, providing for herself with her own home but wants to drop half  her bills on my lap on Day 1 of the honeymoon and bully me for balking at the chance for being "the provider" when we can do finances together and share household chores as a team...She'll find out that I can't be pushed around by her pointed comments...

AJ: Wahoo... my wife is SEXY AF and when you are done filming me I'm going to have sexy time with her as many times as possible before I start to irritate her and make her

question her sanity of being with someone as tempestuous and loony as me...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 8