Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: 'Til Mud Do Us Part

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Lukewarm is a dramatic lil' bitch. That is some shit you say about pedophiles, sex trafficking or horrific war crimes. Not about a consensual kiss with an attractive young woman. Not only is this cruel and savage but it is cruel and savage for absolutely no reason. He didn't have to say that and he shouldn't have. He could've just kept his mouth shut or more kindly state that he wasn't feeling any chemistry with her. But no, he has to dramatically run to the bathroom like Marcia Brady and proclaim he is "repulsed and dead inside."

I admit that although I felt for Kate, I didn't think much of her for thinking there was a solution to this - like time. If someone kisses you and states it made them feel "repulsed and dead inside" the only solution is to pack your shit and leave. 

Apart from his 3 meals a day shit, lack of motivation/couch surfing (which in my personal life is a deal breaker), Keith seems like he could be malleable for a woman that isn't opposed to a project and raising a grown ass man. 

Something bothers me about Will and Jasmine but I can't quite put my finger on what. 

I wonder if the Kiss incident wasn't purposely orchestrated. Lukewarm had already told Kate he wasn't attracted to her. When she continued to have hope that they could "grow in love" maybe he thought he had to step up his cruelty and be more blunt. He probably laughed his ass off after his dramatic run to the bathroom.

I honestly think he is repulsed by her. The smoking, her voice, the crunchy hair, her lack of personal hygiene (in his eyes) and not to mention she's not his type physically. He treats her as if she's dirty, dumb and beneath him. His behavior is very strange. Very polite when around the other couples or in front of the camera but a beast when he and Kate are alone.

Keith and his farting is repulsive to me. He needs to see a doctor.

I'm going to give Jasmine onnnnnne more week before I put her in the same category as my ex (thankfully) sister-in-law. I've never met a more spoiled, constantly complaining ass bitch in my life. Jasmine isn't on her level yet, but I'm getting tired of her complaining because Will didn't come out of the box fully assembled to her specifications.

• Love 13
32 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

On a completely unrelated note, I was stunned to see how petite and perky Kate looked in her bathing suit. It really illustrated how bad a lot of her other choices were -- especially the wedding dress. It added 40 pounds to her frame. She has a cute figure! I'd never have known.

I'm kind of wondering if Kate has had a significant weight loss in the past and just never learned how to dress for her new body and that might be something that is held her back in dating  is having doubts about when guys have interest in her. However Kate's wedding dress was a fitted silhouette, so I'm not sure why people are acting like she wore a billowy tent style dress.  

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

There's something I just have to get off my chest.

Again tonight on 'Unfiltered,' they pointedly used Jamie (and Doug) as their "proof that love can grow". They pointedly said it to Kate, after she told them what was going on with Puke.

I don't have every single couple they've ever had on MAFS memorized, but I know that Jamie and Shawniece are their only two long-term examples of women who didn't have mutual attraction at first, but eventually "fell in love". ...And frankly, both of those women 'settled'. Jamie settled for an OK guy who wasn't "Mr. Right," but at least he was "Mr. Right Now On National TV". (Jamie got a nice little TV job out of it.) 

As for poor Shawniece... I feel sorry for her. All she got out of it was a baby whose Daddy loves his child even though he doesn't love her, and never will. 

A major difference with Jamie versus all the others, is that she knew that she had been picking the wrong kind of men, to an extreme, so she was more open to someone who didn't appeal at first.  But when Doug displayed the good characteristics that probably none of her previous boyfriends had, plus his body is pretty good, I think that's what won her over.  That is not at all the case with Shawniece and Jephte, and certainly Ashley (the 'OG' Ashley) never got over her revulsion at Dave to have love grow, nor did Nick get over his lack of attraction to Sonia (even though he had sex with her).  So no, experts, it has not been the case with anyone else, so they can just leave that 'proof that love can grow' stuff...even a stopped clock is right twice a day!

13 hours ago, Yeah No said:

When he said he wanted to split the bills down the middle it's obvious to me he assumed Jasmine would do that PLUS do all the housework and cooking.  

I don't think so.  IIRC, he only brought up having her do all the housework and cleaning when she started the man-provides-it-all talk.

13 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I notice that his negative reaction to the "homework" shook Stephanie enough to make her cry.  

What we saw of his reaction wasn't so bad as to make someone cry.  I am concerned that she may have a low 'cry' threshold, which could be quite troublesome.

8 hours ago, STRIDER1 said:

Yes that could happen but I dont think anyone would actually blame kate for leaving right then and there under the circumstances. 

The producers could try to make kate look like the bad girl for not wanting to stick around anymore but seriously, after being told that Puke is repulsed by you and feels dead inside.

Do they really expect a girl to persevere and continue to the end of the experiment willingly, knowing that the guy has basically checked out already? God I sure hope not.

But this is based on the assumption that the producers would still choose to air all those things having happened to Kate.  If they wanted to make her the villain because she left, then they probably wouldn't have shown us the things that make it understandable and made her look sympathetic

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Lusterleaf said:

Anyone else notice that Kate's voice is very monotone? Like the teacher from Ferris Bueller. I feel bad for her though because she got paired with a total d-bag. Luke shouldn't have ever been selected for this show.

She has almost a flat affect. Especially when she was telling the camera about Lukewarm’s repulsed comment. Almost as if it didn’t happen to her and was just a story she was relating. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

She has almost a flat affect. Especially when she was telling the camera about Lukewarm’s repulsed comment. Almost as if it didn’t happen to her and was just a story she was relating. 

You may have just explained how Kate is tolerating the brutal way Luke talks to her. She's compartmentalized it, acting as though it's not real or maybe it actually happened to someone else...

• Love 13
4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Unfiltered: Love Can Grow

Pastor Cal calling Puke asinine.

Did he call him that because of the words Puke said to Kate, or because Puke just wasn't trying hard enough to like her and if he would try harder then attraction would grow?  If the former, I agree wholeheartedly...if the latter, please just stop with this nonsense Pastor Cal, and allow that attraction or lack thereof can be a dealbreaker.

3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Ricky Bobby is the gold standard for MAFS grooms....

I have to say, that Ricky Bobby is the very first MAFS groom ever, where we the PTV posters were completely wrong in our judgment of him from the intros that we got.  He gave off a male chauvinist pig vibe that had us very concerned, and yet he turned out to be anything but.

3 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

Also, after making a point of her liking yoga, Kate sucks at it.  

Seriously, what was up with the yoga teacher taking people who had never done yoga, and having them do even any advanced moves?  We saw very little of the class, but she had NO business having them even attempt to do Crow (the headstand one), or even doing the one where one knee was bent back and they were supposed to reach around and grab the ankle to pull the leg in the air...and that's just the few moves they showed us. Waaayyy too much chance of injury.

1 hour ago, IvySpice said:

On a completely unrelated note, I was stunned to see how petite and perky Kate looked in her bathing suit. It really illustrated how bad a lot of her other choices were -- especially the wedding dress. It added 40 pounds to her frame. She has a cute figure! I'd never have known.

Totes agree.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

I may have solved the mystery. Are you watching/recording the first run, which is broadcast on Tuesday nights at 8:00 PM EST on Lifetime, or are you watching/recording the *second* broadcast of the same episode, which begins also on Tuesday night at (roughly) 11:00 PM EST?

The first run of the episode has a runtime of approximately 90 minutes, while the second run is a truncated episode clocking in at a runtime of approximately 60 minutes. 

Neither of these include "Unfiltered" - either the "Unfiltered" shown prior to OR after the MAFS episode. The second broadcast at roughly 11:00 PM EST is the one that has scenes cut from the original 90 minute episode.

Honestly, I never noticed this before. But your question made me curious, so I did some sleuthing!

Thanks!  You are right!  There's too much on tv on Tuesday so I try to get them all in.  Looks like this one needs move up and Whitney Way Thore can just wait her turn at the end of the line :D

3 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I rewatched and he never actually said (in this clip) that he was attracted to dark hair and dark eyes in that conversation with Cal. He just listed his previous SOs, mixed, Italian, Brazilian, white and Palestinian. Cal made that joke about the United Nations, Pukewarm said, "Yes, yes. Thank you." And that was it. And he said later that maybe he wasn't clear enough with the experts about his preferences so I wonder if he never explicitly stated to them that he was not down for a blonde/blue eyed girl next door type.

And I still believe that his pride in that segment was when Cal called him the United Nations of dating.  I didn't get the vibe that white blonde women were a turn-off.  And as someone else said - the "experiment" is to see if you can make it work for other reasons than immediate attraction, so any decent looking person shouldn't be thrown under the bus right away, if you are playing according to the rules.  (And I know, I know - the "experts" don't play by the rules either or they would make proper matches, but this comment is about Luke's behavior.)

3 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

And you’d think because this happens at least once a season , they’d focus more on the physical than they have in the past . Then again , this is how they get their drama . In a perfect world , people would see past looks , but in most cases ( not all ) , attraction is important . Sure it can grow but it’s not necessarily the case that everyone can look past it . 

They matched Abusive Ryan and his wife (Jessica?) because they thought they would "look sexy together" (per Pepper)

1 hour ago, aphroditewitch said:

Keith annoyed me with his expectations about how women should do the cooking. There is no excuse for an adult to be unable to cook a decent meal for themselves and their spouse or family. I don't care if the women in his family didn't let him help in the kitchen when he was growing up. As an adult he has made a choice not to learn a basic life skill. Cooking is different than other household chores or duties. It is a daily or almost daily thing and it is different than doing yard work once a week.  His attitude about this could eventually be what kills things for Kristine. She might be attracted to him in the early days on the honeymoon but him having ridiculous expectations has the potential to spoil her initial feelings of attraction. 

Maybe she likes cooking.  In my house I cook all meals (except for grilling in summer), do the grocery shopping and dishes/clean kitchen.  Mr. P does all the weekly work (floors, bathrooms, garbage) and I couldn't be happier with that arrangement because I like the kitchen work and hate all the other stuff.  (When I was single I had a cleaning lady for that :)

33 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

A major difference with Jamie versus all the others, is that she knew that she had been picking the wrong kind of men, to an extreme, so she was more open to someone who didn't appeal at first.  But when Doug displayed the good characteristics that probably none of her previous boyfriends had, plus his body is pretty good, I think that's what won her over.  That is not at all the case with Shawniece and Jephte, and certainly Ashley (the 'OG' Ashley) never got over her revulsion at Dave to have love grow, nor did Nick get over his lack of attraction to Sonia (even though he had sex with her).  So no, experts, it has not been the case with anyone else, so they can just leave that 'proof that love can grow' stuff...even a stopped clock is right twice a day!

The other thing with Jamie and Doug was that he was very into his family, and Jamie's was messed up and a nice family was something she had always wanted.  That was an actual GOOD reason for matching them - possibly the only good reason we have heard in all these years!

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

We saw very little of the class, but she had NO business having them even attempt to do Crow (the headstand one)

I had the same thought, especially since it didn't seem like Jasmine (and maybe Kristine and Kate too, I forget) had done yoga before. I've been doing yoga for years and sometimes crow just isn't happening for me. It's never in a beginner's class, with good reason. Way too advanced for novices!

• Love 7
(edited)

Stephanie's hip flexors  are loose from getting a thorough workout between the sheets...if you get my drift... so tripod headstand or crow is no problem.....for her..

The other 3 ...namaste and good effort.

Will is not pressing for sex because he is not sure about a lifetime of Jasmine....
Jasmine would be up for honeymoon sex but she has been friend zoned by Will.

AJ has impulse control... anger control problems...

Stephanie was so disappointed in his sharp and totally uncalled for petulant behavior towards the field producer that Steph cried in  frustration...She knew the match was too good to be true...

The look on AJ's face when he noticed her tears showed he knew he eff'd up their good thing ....

AJ's inability to brush off his not wanting to do homework and just taking the 5 minutes to film it,  killed all the romance of the beach dinner and put a damper on the last night in Costa Rica.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 5
(edited)

A good natured complaint would have sufficed...not the overblown tantrum AJ threw.

Stephanie's motor was running hot since the sunset beach dinner and surprise taller-than-Stephanie flower arrangement.....sex was never not on the table.....

AJ redeemed himself by noticing her tears and asking tenderly what he did to cause them....hopefully he apologized to the producer...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 8

A few thoughts before reading your thoughts on this week:

Totally not a fan of Jasmine. A fear of heights is a very real thing. When they were showing Will walking across the suspension bridge and he looked over the edge, when I saw the distance downward, my legs went wobbly just looking at it. People who expect others to jump seriously out of their zone and do whatever they want them to do— especially after knowing them for a week— is just so wrong. She had zero empathy for his very real fear. I was totally on her side with the hairy brushes in the mud though. I would not have found that activity appealing to begin with and the hairy brushes would have made me totally gag.

Still not a fan of AJ. This week showed a bit more of him and he looks like a diva who gets pissy and petulant if he doesn’t get his way. 

Nothing to say about Kate and the hipster except I don’t understand why he had to use the word “repulsed” rather than he just wasn’t feeling it. That Kate is stupid enough to stick around after that puts his future behavior on her. She looks like a puppy following him around with a perpetual, “Please like me” look on her face. It makes her look so desperate.

The queen and the couch potato: I may sound like a prude or something here and I cannot emphasize enough that I’m so not like that at all, but when it comes to farting, a guy who thinks it is is funny in general and does it all the time, especially in closed in places like a car and laughs about it is someone I’d kick to the curb in a nanosecond. Maybe that stuff is funny at 12 but when you’re pushing 30? No thanks.

I really would like to see the questions the ask these people before they are on the show. Do they ask about money, bills splitting, sense of adventure, etc.? 

• Love 18

Let's face it none of these folks on the show could find love.  Each week we find out why!  So you take two desperate people and pair them up and if you are lucky you get a match of somebody like Kate who is willing to suffer and hope!

Jasmine seems to be growing right before our eyes and with her hoping to be the little woman with Will paying all the bills this one is iffy!

Kristine and Keith won't last long with her pushing fitness and his farting and belching.   It was interesting they chose to emphasize Kristines breasts on the bike ride and she loving every minute of it!

My guess is that luke and Kate are going to become the come back couple!  Their putting up with too much and he keeps smiling like the cat that swallowed the canary!

I can't believe both Keith and Kristine have no home and live with families!

• Love 6
18 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

Luke has such a punchable face. He is enjoying how bad he is making Kate feel. 

Yes, he's got this smug smirk look on his face like he's enjoying himself. 

I never watch unfiltered but I caught some of this one. Did I hear pastor Cal refer to his behavior as manipulative? If so, he's spot on. Telling her he's not attracted to her and then crying so now she has to manage his emotions. 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I can't believe both Keith and Kristine have no home and live with families!

I don't get what's wrong with that.  If you can't afford to live on your own, why should you?  Makes sense to live at home and save your money.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Go Pastor Cal! Tell Luke OFF! 

I wonder if Stephanie grew up with an abusive father.

She seems so scared of A.J. showing any anger.

I didn't think about that possibility. 

I assumed that she was afraid that he freaked out over something small and that anger management may be an issue for him. I also hope he's not someone who is rude to people when they have these public temper tantrums. I like Stephanie a lot. She seems really cool and also invested in this marriage. I think AJ is sweet and I hope he doesn't prove me wrong. But he did say there's a lot of stress from the cameras. I can see that making people a lot more tense. 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't get what's wrong with that.  If you can't afford to live on your own, why should you?  Makes sense to live at home and save your money.

I wish I could love this comment more. Generally, I think it's a Western cultural thing that people expect kids to graduate from high school and go directly to college or get a job and move out while they are still young. Maybe not 18 but within a few years. Other cultures just don't have this expectation. Also, the way this economy is set up, more and more people may have to start moving back home to get their financial lives together. There's no shame in pooling resources. No one should be mooching off of anyone though.

It makes complete and total sense for Keith to stay with grandma while he's in school. Grandma might not be able to help him with his tuition but she can provide a roof over his head and feed him, which frees up his time and money for other things.

I'm not sure why Kristine, as a realtor, wouldn't have bought a home by now but maybe she's saving up until she can afford the palace a true "queen" deserves.

• Love 7

A.J. is annoying as hell. His need to be "on" all the time is exhausting. Tone it down, bud. Bring it down about 50 notches. I don't think A.J. and Stephanie are going to make it. What's up with her eyebrows? She's overzealous with the tweezers. The brows are too thin and have a weird shape. 

Jasmine and Will are not into each other physically. They're not on the same page regarding gender roles. Jasmine is traditional circa 1950s. Man pays all bills. Woman cooks and cleans.

The strong physical chemistry is obvious with Keith and Kristine. Not much to say abut them besides that.

Luke is conceited and haughty and has no reason to have such a high opinion of himself. He's one of those types of people that think they're so much better and smarter than everyone else. He can barely conceal his disdain for poor Kate. Her voice is like finger nails on a blackboard to Luke. She speaks with a flat, monotone drone and desperately follows him around to pick up the scraps he throws her when he feels like it. If someone says that they feel dead inside and are repulsed by you and you still stick around there's not much more to say. That sums up their relationship. I think if Kate called it quits Luke's ego couldn't take it. He likes playing this cruel game with her because he thinks she's weak.   

Another cracker jack job of matching people by the experts.

Edited by Matty
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

Fitted silhouette, yes. Fitted to Kate's body, no. It was super unflattering.

Well what do you expect? They aren't given much time to prep for these weddings. The brides are probably limited to samples, sale rack, and return gowns because of the time crunch and show budget. They don't have the number of fittings that many brides would have for their gown. And Kate's dress was possibly missing the bustle since her train had to be dragged around all night. Given those things, Kate's dress was fine.  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

"Repulsed and dead inside"

Lukewarm is a dramatic lil' bitch. That is some shit you say about pedophiles, sex trafficking or horrific war crimes. Not about a consensual kiss with an attractive young woman. Not only is this cruel and savage but it is cruel and savage for absolutely no reason. He didn't have to say that and he shouldn't have. He could've just kept his mouth shut or more kindly state that he wasn't feeling any chemistry with her. But no, he has to dramatically run to the bathroom like Marcia Brady and proclaim he is "repulsed and dead inside."

I admit that although I felt for Kate, I didn't think much of her for thinking there was a solution to this - like time. If someone kisses you and states it made them feel "repulsed and dead inside" the only solution is to pack your shit and leave. 

<snip>

5 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I agree. Like I said before, it's like Jon and Molly. No one should stay with someone who says "you're disgusting and you make my skin crawl." For what? People deserve better. Why would you want to be with someone you had to talk into it? Even if the person does come around, "I'm not repulsed by you anymore!" is not a ringing endorsement. Like ... yay? I have my pride. If kissing me repulses you, we won't be kissing again. <snip>

I have to keep reminding myself that I'm watching all this unfold on TV, and have the benefit of being able to rewind and watch certain parts over and over again. As a third party, it's easier for me to look at these situations with more objectivity than those who are actually involved in it.

Kate is not a professional actor, reading lines from a script. This stuff is really happening to her. What is probably confusing matters is the  cacophony of voices of the "experts" inside her head (and occasionally IN PERSON) telling her Luke was selected for her based on legitimate science, and all the things she should do to make their match a success. She's also isolated from friends and family who, no doubt,  would act as sounding boards.

The point is, if she had met Luke under "normal" circumstances, i.e., "organically", she may have kicked him to the curb long ago. But she didn't meet him that way. And she has a bunch of so-called "experts" drumming into her that THIS guy is the RIGHT guy for her. I'm not surprised she's doubting her own intuition at this point. 

It must be really hard to want to be married and have a family, but never meeting the right person with whom you can fulfill that dream. Then this opportunity comes along, and you buy into the hype and think "This could be it!"...only to have it fall apart right out of the starting gate - especially when the other couples along for the ride appear to be doing well.

Admitting defeat under those circumstances must be really, really, hard.

3 hours ago, princelina said:

Thanks!  You are right!  There's too much on tv on Tuesday so I try to get them all in.  Looks like this one needs move up and Whitney Way Thore can just wait her turn at the end of the line :D <snip>

You're welcome! Glad I was able to solve the mystery!

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Love 15

During the interviews, when Pastor Cal said Luke's preferences were like the United Nations of Dating, Luke really had a proud look.  I think this comment feed into Luke's ego and self-image so he did not clarify that he is not quite the United Nations, but definitely a segment of it.  Even during the episode Luke stated that he should probably have clarified his preferences during the interview process.  Like Kate (who omitted her smoking), Luke may have felt that he would self-eliminate if he clarified his personal preferences as the experts only have a limited pool of applicants and he most likely really wanted to be on t.v.  However, I must admit that when he said brunette, I thought that Kate could just let her natural color grow out (similarly to how Dave liked brunettes and that is the natural color of Amber's hair...).

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Matty said:

Jasmine and Will are not into each other physically. They're not on the same page regarding gender roles. Jasmine is traditional circa 1950s. Man pays all bills. Woman cooks and cleans.

I didn't get that vibe from Jasmine. Last week when they were talking at the table she asks him what he thinks about gender roles and he says, "you can cook right?" She says, "Yeah," and he says, "Well, that's it." She looks a little shocked and then he says he's kidding. When she goes on about the man being the provider, he says to her, "So you do believe in traditional gender roles and would do the cooking and cleaning," and she froze. Finally, she said, "I wouldn't mind doing that" Not very convincing. Then she says that even though she can take care of things (bills) herself, she wants a provider to come in and take over aka, you pay for everything, and I get to keep and do whatever I want with my money. I hope Will cuts her loose. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, aphroditewitch said:

Well what do you expect? They aren't given much time to prep for these weddings. The brides are probably limited to samples, sale rack, and return gowns because of the time crunch and show budget. They don't have the number of fittings that many brides would have for their gown. And Kate's dress was possibly missing the bustle since her train had to be dragged around all night. Given those things, Kate's dress was fine.  

The problem for me with Kate's dress is that she picked a dress with a high neckline. She is a busty girl, and that style of neckline looks frumpy on anyone over a B cup. She might not have had a large selection, but she could have found something much more flattering to her own body. I think she doesn't really understand how to dress her body just in general because I've found most of her wardrobe pretty frumpy, and part of it is that she picks crew neck tops which is the exact same problem as the wedding dress. It makes your boobs look huge, but not in a sexy way. I have learned this since birthing two kids and having gone up a cup size myself (Is this TMI?!?). You have to be more careful in picking flattering tops when you have bigger boobs!

• Love 11
9 hours ago, SandraB said:

Kate - She's a very pretty girl, but she does nothing to enhance it.  ....   2) Her clothes are not figure-flattering... and what's up with those shirts she wears to bed?  They look like they're 20 years old & she pulled them out of the dirty laundry pile!  I did like her bathing suit, though...   

I had to run to the bathroom because I was so REPULSED and dead inside when I read your post. 🙃 J/K.  But I actually thought her bathing suit was a major turn off.  And I think she's a pretty girl.  She was in a weird space between a 1 piece and a 2 piece bathing suit.. Shoulda done either or. 

She may have been the least attractive girl in the group that day.  Even tho Jas was in a mood.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

Luke has such a punchable face. He is enjoying how bad he is making Kate feel. 

It radiates SMARM.

21 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Whoa..Kristine is going to jiggle her girls out on that bike ride!

rps20190122_203425.jpg

I'm not what you would necessarily call "active," and even I have 3 sports bras, one of which I would bring on vacation just in case. I can't stop staring. 

• Love 10

AJ keeps harping on eating alone when he was living alone ... does he have no friends? I live alone, and meet up with people a couple of times a week for dinner. Even *gasp* married friends invite me over or meet me out. Does AJ have friends? Sad.

• Love 9
45 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

The problem for me with Kate's dress is that she picked a dress with a high neckline. She is a busty girl, and that style of neckline looks frumpy on anyone over a B cup. She might not have had a large selection, but she could have found something much more flattering to her own body. I think she doesn't really understand how to dress her body just in general because I've found most of her wardrobe pretty frumpy, and part of it is that she picks crew neck tops which is the exact same problem as the wedding dress. It makes your boobs look huge, but not in a sexy way. I have learned this since birthing two kids and having gone up a cup size myself (Is this TMI?!?). You have to be more careful in picking flattering tops when you have bigger boobs!

Kate's dress didn't exactly have a high neckline though. It was a sheer fabric at the top. According to SYTTD the majority of wedding dress busts are designed for a B cup and many designers won't open up the cup, meaning that has to happen in alterations. However that is also assuming a traditional timeline from buying the dress to picking it up. Kate and the other brides didn't have that. And  it wasn't only Kate having fit issues, Stephanie's dress wasn't closing properly. If your selection is limited to samples, sales rack, and cancellation/returns then there is not a good selection especially if you have special fit needs for the bust, your height, or weight. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

i like,  could not Like, be married like, to someone who says like, like every 5 words. #Kate

Completely agree. I think Kate is adorable and Luke is just...not worth another minute of time spent with him. But hearing "like" every other word is like really, really, like, annoying.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

AJ keeps harping on eating alone when he was living alone ... does he have no friends? I live alone, and meet up with people a couple of times a week for dinner. Even *gasp* married friends invite me over or meet me out. Does AJ have friends? Sad.

Based on his age, all his close friends might be married at this point. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

At their age I would think it's time to fly the coop!  Kristine is a successful realtor I'm sure opportunities have come her way for homes to buy!  Stay home and stay single!  Most people by the late 20's desire their own place where they can entertain!

• Love 2

Between the mud baths & Kristine's bike ride this episode was close to soft porn.

If that was AJ's 'temper', ho hum, although previews indicate there might be more to his big personality. I hope it's all contrived between them, because they seem good together so far.

Not much more I could add about Luke; he's despicable.

And on Unfiltered: JamieO - "Kate... it must be so hard to re-live it." Then, "walk us through what happened."  I know, I know, she has to tell the audience, but if watching Unfiltered we've all seen it & cringed enough already.

Cal ripped Luke, a bit, but then says Luke can "repay" if he does enough "work", & then it's "on Kate" if she's willing to accept that. Um, no, not at all. Someone says that to you, you leave the MF. If she can't leave due to contracts, then she needs to self-protect by emotionally checking out, completely. She can be polite & not sink to his level, but without playing the game. Saying all the right things just makes her look like a fool who lacks any self-respect.

I agree with posters who say there is something about Jasmine - she seems somewhat disingenuous to me, but I can't say why, yet. I did not like her shaming Will's fear of heights, maybe because I share it. Pissed me off when she called him a "scaredy cat" in her TH, but then said she would be "supportive" - that wasn't supportive, it was bitchy.

Kristine needs to stop what she called on Unfiltered, her "mission", to get Keith a six pack; that's a superficial attitude as well. She's thin, but even though active she's saggy on top & not very toned. Now that may sound superficial but my point is Keith doesn't seem to have a problem with her, so Miss Imperfect can go check herself.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, SandraB said:

Did Jasmine get married just to have someone pay all the bills?  She didn't say if she's planning on working or not... splitting the household bills & chores is something that all couples need to discuss - opinions will vary depending on how they were raised.  If the man had a mommy who did everything for him, that may be a problem for a strong woman... a lot of people these days never had to do chores, or don't cook... this is where COMPROMISE comes in - another thing a lot of people don't know how to do! Jasmine doesn't seem like she'll compromise much... just because she saw a hair in the mud, she sat apart from everyone? She still could have used the brush & put some on him...Seemed like something else was up...

Maybe her parents clued her in on what she should expect him to contribute?  Her father looks the type.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Kepumpkin said:

Does no one else think AJ is gay???? He’s so feminine. I don’t see that one working out when she realizes that. 

I don't think so.  He was dying for a wife and their the only couple sexually active so I'd say no!

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Cal ripped Luke, a bit, but then says Luke can "repay" if he does enough "work", & then it's "on Kate" if she's willing to accept that. Um, no, not at all. Someone says that to you, you leave the MF. If she can't leave due to contracts, then she needs to self-protect by emotionally checking out, completely. She can be polite & not sink to his level, but without playing the game. Saying all the right things just makes her look like a fool who lacks any self-respect.

I didn't see Unfiltered, but that's exactly what I was wondering/worrying about in terms of what the rest of Pastor Cal was saying.  

• Love 5

Those 

2 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I didn't see Unfiltered, but that's exactly what I was wondering/worrying about in terms of what the rest of Pastor Cal was saying.  

Those experts don’t give a damn, they only want to make themselves look good.  The poor girl is humiliated and suffering and he tells her there’s a chance Luke will turn around in time.  What B.S.  She’s not too swift if she continues.  I don’t understand why she is even communicating with him after that crack.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Between the mud baths & Kristine's bike ride this episode was close to soft porn.

If that was AJ's 'temper', ho hum, although previews indicate there might be more to his big personality. I hope it's all contrived between them, because they seem good together so far.

Not much more I could add about Luke; he's despicable.

And on Unfiltered: JamieO - "Kate... it must be so hard to re-live it." Then, "walk us through what happened."  I know, I know, she has to tell the audience, but if watching Unfiltered we've all seen it & cringed enough already.

I agree with posters who say there is something about Jasmine - she seems somewhat disingenuous to me, but I can't say why, yet. I did not like her shaming Will's fear of heights, maybe because I share it. Pissed me off when she called him a "scaredy cat" in her TH, but then said she would be "supportive" - that wasn't supportive, it was bitchy.

Kristine needs to stop what she called on Unfiltered, her "mission", to get Keith a six pack; that's a superficial attitude as well. She's thin, but even though active she's saggy on top & not very toned. Now that may sound superficial but my point is Keith doesn't seem to have a problem with her, so Miss Imperfect can go check herself.

I didn’t like Jasmine shaming Will.  My husband jumped out of planes in the Army, but won’t go on a rollercoaster.  Some people just don’t like certain things, and that’s their prerogative.  That woman is tough all around.  She might not be soft enough for him.  I’ll bet he would of liked to be paired with Kristene, something tells me.  Yeah, Kristene on the bike was Something.  Guess producers know men are watching.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Mercolleen said:

Hate to break it to AJ but I've eaten a couple of meals alone after getting married. I've even eaten some meals over the counter! I'm hoping this is a gimmick that he can mention when he is nervous/it's a made up story or talking point for the show. Although he might be very family oriented where he believes the evening meal is family time and sacred time. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, watchingtvaddict said:

Hate to break it to AJ but I've eaten a couple of meals alone after getting married. I've even eaten some meals over the counter! I'm hoping this is a gimmick that he can mention when he is nervous/it's a made up story or talking point for the show. Although he might be very family oriented where he believes the evening meal is family time and sacred time. 

I eat on a tray in the living room in front of the t.v. and the husband eats at the table or sometimes on the tray also.  The kids are gone and we wing it.  All the comforts of home and we love it.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I eat on a tray in the living room in front of the t.v. and the husband eats at the table or sometimes on the tray also.  The kids are gone and we wing it.  All the comforts of home and we love it.

Reminds me of my husband when he asked me to marry him, he said are you sure you’re not just tired go eating alone? 

I had two young boys so it was him that was eating alone. 

Previews don’t look good for AJ but I guess it could be the producers just trying to fool us , those tricksters. 

Yep those girls should have been harnessed for the bike ride. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

Again with the arms. Not everyone is concerned about how big or small their arms are, and especially how others judge them.

Of course, but whoever is not concerned with that is free to skip over my post if they don't like what I have to say about it.

15 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Yes - has Jasmine ever actually said she's self-conscious about her body? Maybe she likes the way she looks! (She should!)

There was one scene where all the women were in bathing suits and she was still wearing leggings and a top.  I wondered if her not going in the water had something to do with her comfort level in a bathing suit in public.  It looked like she was wearing one at one point later but she kept herself apart from the others.  It's just a feeling I have based on feeling that way myself in the past.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, For Cereals said:

Yes and, she doesn’t strike me as the brightest bulb.  I think he’s really into speech and grammar and her misses make him cringe a little on the inside.  He pointed it out when she said “respectable” instead of “respectful” and I could see a little cringe when she said “it could have went...”  Yet, he doesn’t have to be cruel.

Has Luke ever watched this show?  Kate's grammar is head and tails above most of them historically speaking.  Of course that's not saying much, lol.  Speaking of that, I could have sworn I heard AJ say "Calm, cool and collective" either this week or last.  That's not the first time I've heard someone say that on this show.

• Love 3

Kristine needs to stop what she called on Unfiltered, her "mission", to get Keith a six pack

Yeah, what's up with that? It sounds like her "active lifestyle" is all about looks, not health or enjoying the activity. Keith looks remarkably good in a bathing suit for such a sedentary guy. If she would just focus on them having fun together, she's got much better prospects of keeping Keith active long term.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Stephanie was so disappointed in his sharp and totally uncalled for petulant behavior towards the field producer that Steph cried in  frustration...She knew the match was too good to be true...

The look on AJ's face when he noticed her tears showed he knew he eff'd up their good thing ....

AJ's inability to brush off his not wanting to do homework and just taking the 5 minutes to film it,  killed all the romance of the beach dinner and put a damper on the last night in Costa Rica.....

I think Stephanie has already been a saint putting up with his often boorish behavior and now she finds out he has anger issues. I hope he can seek help or overcome this area.

Luke goes into the category of marriage upon approval is Molly (a miserable bride from Season 6) still available for a date? I think he was looking for exotic beauty as opposed to beautiful wholesome girl next door but this is what he signed up for. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

Yeah, what's up with that? It sounds like her "active lifestyle" is all about looks, not health or enjoying the activity. Keith looks remarkably good in a bathing suit for such a sedentary guy. If she would just focus on them having fun together, she's got much better prospects of keeping Keith active long term.

This!  There is no faster way to a relationship disaster than trying to change the other person.  

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Did he tell the experts that or did he just say that to the camera? I can't remember. I thought in the clip they showed that he just listed off his previous relationships and one of them was white. The experts still messed up but maybe they didn't know that blonde hair/blue eyes was an absolute deal breaker for him.

I saw what you saw, that Luke listed the types of women he had dated in the past and they were all over the map, literally, and yes, one of them he mentioned was white.  I think he unwittingly gave the experts the impression that he was very open minded about appearance, not that he was very particular.  And that was the wrong impression.  One thing this show has taught me is how specific you have to be when you tell someone what you want.  I think some of these people err on the side of general because they don't want to limit their options too much, or because they don't even know their own minds.  If that were me I'd be driving them nuts describing the kind of guy that was "my type".  I'd come with photos, LOL.  Even when I was their age I knew what I was willing to accept or not accept.  Especially if they've supposedly been around the block dating-wise, they should know better.  Then again, I don't trust these bozo "experts" to always listen to the participants and I think they sometimes deliberately mismatch people in certain ways for the "drama".

• Love 6