Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: Strangers in Paradise

• Start Topic

The 4 couples, none detained in the Philly airport jail, are flown to Costa Rico for their Get to know you honeymoons. One couple struggles...the bride wonders why her groom is not feeling her.

Strangers Cheeseburger in Paradise.

Strangers in the night Paradise. Scooby dooby  do.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 8
(edited)

For your viewing pleasure...

repeat last week's episode of the last 2 weddings and all the receptions

New Unlocked: Married at Second Sight

repeat of last week's Unfiltered with JamieO,  Kristine, Kate and Pastor Cal.

New episode: Stranger in Paradise is 95 minutes..

New Unfiltered  with Jamie O, Jasmine, Luke ogling Jas' again, and Keith. Hooray no "expert"!

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 2

AJ went up a zillion points with me: He used "me" correctly!

Jasmine looks to me like the third and prettiest Williams sister (Serena and Venus).

ETA: Okay, Luke thought better about the couch.

I will never understand the "brushing teeth with another person" thing. Who wants to see someone floss?!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 22

Weren’t the couples all staying at the same EXACT cottage after the weddings. They kept showing us different ones like they were all there in different ones at the same time, but we were seeing the same one over and over inside. The wonky plates on the kitchen wall proves it.

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Luke is so not into Kate. This is painful to watch. 

He’s too skittish for a guy.  It’s like he is afraid to let go.  He has to loosen up and try to have a good time.  If not, he should split ASAP and not prolong the agony for Kate and get her hopes up.  Shit or get off the pot already.

• Love 20
34 minutes ago, Deni said:

Weren’t the couples all staying at the same EXACT cottage after the weddings. They kept showing us different ones like they were all there in different ones at the same time, but we were seeing the same one over and over inside. The wonky plates on the kitchen wall proves it.

The weddings appear to have been filmed on different days, so they were probably at the cottage on different days. But knowing this show, it would not surprise me if the couples didn't stay in the cottage at all and they just had each one show up to film their scenes. 

Edited by aphroditewitch
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, aphroditewitch said:

The weddings appear to have been filmed on different days, so they were probably at the cottage on different days. But knowing this show, it would surprise me if the couples didn't stay in the cottage at all and they just had each one show up to film their scenes. 

I think so too. The bedroom had the same bowl of condom’s on the table and wooden horse head on the dresser. The editing is off too. They showed Stephanie in a TH scene with the wooden horse head in the background but at the time they were on the honeymoon in Costa Rica. 

Who matched up couch potato Keith with gym active Kristine? Great job ‘experts’. 

Maybe if Kate looked more like a sloth Luke would like her better. 

• Love 14
22 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

The bedroom had the same bowl of condoms

Since nobody used them, it’s a good thing they didn’t waste resources on multiple bowls! So they all slept in the same bed too then which is creepy

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I never would've pegged Jasmine as "the girl who expects her husband to be a "macho, macho man" that pays the bills for wifey and she keeps the house nice...  What?!

Thinking about Jasmine again.  I think she has seen so many black women have to do everything themselves.  She feels that now that she’s married the man can do the heavy lifting, that if you won’t be “the man” why be married?  

• Love 11

I really wish they would put like... a huge emoji over Luke's face every time he's on screen. I can't stand it. Looking at him. His face! He just looks like such a huge douche (and acts like one). And who was he talking to when he was on the bus talking about his love for sloths. Directly to the camera? When he should be getting to know and talking to his bride. Like... you're supposed to pretend you're living your own life. And who cares that Kate isn't into sloths. She's doing her best for you. How can you judge someone for not liking a sloth. Uggggggggggggh. The Tucan was cool tho.

Also, did they all stay in the same honeymoon suite room? LMAO!

• Love 19
25 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I can’t stand Kate’s voice, sorry but it’s nails on a chalkboard to me.

WTF is wrong with Jasmine?  She wats the man to provide and pay all the bills?  Ooookay honey.

It’s like she talks through her teeth. Reminds me of Willy Wonka telling the kid to open his mouth a little wider when he talks. 

Jasmine is tripping. She’s confused.

Luke. He’s going to keep shading Kate until she bites his head off - which she won’t do. She’ll crawl into her shell and cry. This match is a disaster. And yeah, I still think the boy is gay AND psycho. 

• Love 19

I can’t believe Jasmine is making a big deal about paying the bills.  Jasmine girl.  When you want to buy a designer bag or expensive shoes, the bill comes and you pay it, and nobody knows nothing, haha.  It’s not being dishonest, it’s paying the bills like he wants you to do.

The hubs says Luke is gay.  That’s it.  Kate should take the first plane home.  She shouldn’t have to beg for a kiss.

im loving Keith and the Queen.  Also A.J. And the wife.  They are playful and taking advantage of the beautiful place and are having a good time.  They are making the most of their honeymoon.  

• Love 12

Gosh, we were watching quadruple with the breakfasts in the same kitchen!

57 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

But knowing this show, it would not surprise me if the couples didn't stay in the cottage at all and they just had each one show up to film their scenes. 

I believe this!

20 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

I would not have guessed that Kate is a smoker. Another thing the experts should have picked up on.

She said she didn't tell the experts that she smoked, because she only didn't do it much.

• Love 6

Kate lied to the experts about smoking and Luke lied about being straight. They need to get an annulment.

Jasmine already uttered the words "I don't want to be married to someone like that." I don't have much hope for them.

I don't think Kristine and Keith are on the same wavelength. They have physical chemistry but their personalities don't match up.

Stephanie and AJ are the solid couple -- so far.

• Love 24
Just now, aphroditewitch said:

Luke's clothes on Unfiltered are a joke. He looks like he ransacked a kid's closet and stole their church outfit.

What’s with the bow tie?  He looks like a little kid.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

Luke's clothes on Unfiltered are a joke. He looks like he ransacked a kid's closet and stole their church outfit.

Does Unfiltered come on after the show?  I don’t believe I’ve seen it but I’m in Canada so maybe we don’t get it?

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Thinking about Jasmine again.  I think she has seen so many black women have to do everything themselves.  She feels that now that she’s married the man can do the heavy lifting, that if you won’t be “the man” why be married?  

I don’t consider paying bills “ heavy lifting”.  More like a little bookkeeping.  She’s making a big deal over nothing.  A very unusual request.  Most women I know like to control the money.  Better than getting an allowance from the husband.

• Love 10
(edited)

We are subjected to a repeat Unfiltered and a new Unfiltered this evening.

The schedule is listed above...3 boxes below Frank S.

Canadian viewers may be spared the idiocy of the Unfiltereds...lucky you.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 2

So Jasmine wants a marriage rooted in the 1950's, with typical gender roles. Did she tell the experts this? I agree with Will all the bills and the household work should be divided up 50/50. Both Pepper and Jennifer should have listened to Pastor Cal regarding Kate and Luke. He's not attracted to her by any means, and is making no attempt to hide it. Kristine asked for an athletic man,  who makes more money than she does.  Instead she gets the complete opposite in Keith. At least AJ  calmed down a bit, hopefully he stays that way.

• Love 13

Maybe Jasmine has been with a couple Keiths in her life and doesn’t want a man that expects her to do/pay for everything. But she’s approaching this the wrong way. If she said she thinks they should live off one income and use the other for a down payment/travel/retirement/lifetime membership to a sloth exhibit maybe Will wouldn’t have freaked out so much.

• Love 15

AJ is growing on me... because he seems genuinely into Stephanie. And that's refreshing. Also, Stephanie has a rocking bod and I was jealous. I wonder how he goes off the deep end next week. Even though Jasmine's gender equality ideals may be outdated, I was impressed to see an open discussion about it. I don't think we've seen that type of conversation between the couples before which seems surprising now. First of all, that's something they should be matched on. And second, a conversation like that should be homework. Like yes, we see the comparing finances part but there's not a lot of discussion about how and who will pay the bills.

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, spunky said:

So Jasmine wants a marriage rooted in the 1950's, with typical gender roles. Did she tell the experts this? I agree with Will all the bills and the household work should be divided up 50/50. Both Pepper and Jennifer should have listened to Pastor Cal regarding Kate and Luke. He's not attracted to her by any means, and is making no attempt to hide it. Kristine asked for an athletic man,  who makes more money than she does.  Instead she gets the complete opposite in Keith. At least AJ  calmed down a bit, hopefully he stays that way.

I’ve just decided tonight that the experts really screwed up royally.  A lot of things came out that they should have known while interviewing these participants.  Or, they didn’t interview fully.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Gem 10 said:

I’ve just decided tonight that the experts really screwed up royally.  A lot of things came out that they should have known while interviewing these participants.  Or, they didn’t interview fully.

I'm starting to think that these marriages are only for dramatic effect. 

• Love 20
30 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

And that new haircut....dude!

28 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Yes on that too.  I donno.  Maybe he came out of the closet???

Its just painful watching them.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

At this point, the experts should be better able to pick up on lies. This is not their first rodeo. 

If I were Kate, I would have smoked about ten packs of cigarettes and drank a few bottles of wine dealing with Luke Warm Luke.

• Love 24
1 minute ago, Gem 10 said:

If I were Kate, I would have smoked about ten packs of cigarettes and drank a few bottles of wine dealing with Luke Warm Luke.

The jerk deserves it!

Oh, and I get the impression Kate might actually consider herself a non-smoker, but one who occasionally "falls off the wagon" (--like when she realizes she's stuck at a beautiful honeymoon destination with a cad like Luke!!)

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 22
Just now, Jeanne222 said:

ABSOLUTELY the closet at this point.

• Love 5

Unless I am mistaken, I think Jasmine meant that the split should be 60-40 or 65-35 instead of 50-50. Perhaps that is how it works with her parents. Instead of following another couple's blueprint, maybe they should draw one of their own.  Before we had children, my husband and I lived on my salary and saved his.  In two years we were able to buy a home and accumulate a nice little nest egg.  This probably wouldn't work for everyone, but it worked for us.

Kate seems sweet and bubbly.  I think she should cut bait - now. 

• Love 13

I actually think Luke's answer on "Unfiltered" as to how bills should be split in a relationship was the best one.  He said something about how things are rarely 50-50 in any relationship and you just work them out as you go along, which is what I would say.  I think Jasmine took Will's remark as indicative of his not being a good "protector" after she felt he left her hanging during the bike incident.  She was already wondering whether he had her back after that, and then when he made it clear that he wanted everything split down the middle she took it to mean he was looking out for himself but not for her.  I have to wonder what it's like to be married but essentially on a second date with someone.  To her ears it would be like a guy insisting that they split the check from their first date down the middle.  To her that would mean he's not really into her or he's too cheap to be a gentleman.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I actually think Luke's answer on "Unfiltered" as to how bills should be split in a relationship was the best one.  He said something about how things are rarely 50-50 in any relationship and you just work them out as you go along, which is what I would say.  I think Jasmine took Will's remark as indicative of his not being a good "protector" after she felt he left her hanging during the bike incident.  She was already wondering whether he had her back after that, and then when he made it clear that he wanted everything split down the middle she took it to mean he was looking out for himself but not for her.  I have to wonder what it's like to be married but essentially on a second date with someone.  To her ears it would be like a guy insisting that they split the check from their first date down the middle.  To her that would mean he's not really into her or he's too cheap to be a gentleman.

You may be right about that  --although I don't like agreeing with Luke about anything! 

Luke's answer wouldn't have satisfied Jasmine, though. She obviously wanted a more detailed, more specific answer than that. And Will's "deer in the headlights" response really didn't make her feel secure! 

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:
43 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

41 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Call me shallow or whatever but that leather bow tie again made me wonder about Luke.  Keep in mind that when I was a young I regularly walked down Christopher Street in Greenwich Village.  Yeah, I knew the significance of leather at a young age.  So when I say that keep that in mind.  Too many things are making me wonder about him.

1 minute ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

You may be right about that  --although I hate the thought of agreeing with Luke about anything! 

Luke's answer wouldn't have satisfied Jasmine, though. She obviously wanted a more detailed, more specific answer than that. And Will's "deer in the headlights" response really didn't make her feel secure! 

I immediately thought that Jasmine would have been happier with a guy like Keith.  They both seem to be on the same page about that stuff.

I admit I hate agreeing with Luke about anything too!

• Love 7