Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: Strangers in Paradise

• Start Topic

Back to Will, I wonder if the "50/50" convo was him just basically saying that they'd share paying the bills, not literally split the payments in half.  

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Huh....in the scenes in the kitchen with all the couples, there’s a bag of Lays and a bag of Doritos over by the coffee pot that keeps coming and going.  Sometimes it’s there, then in the next scene with the same couple, it’s gone...

I noticed that too!!! They had the bag turned around so you couldn't see the brand, but there's no mistaking that yellow Lay's bag!

9 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Kate does have a kind of flat affect. She also doesn't seem to have many hobbies, which is interesting given how Luke seems to have his hand in a lot of pots. 

Agreed. Kate reminds me of a woman I know -- kinda boring, seems not very fun-loving or adventurous, vanilla, a little self-absorbed. When she was asked what she liked to do for fun, she mentioned playing the piano and piano lessons. Way to project a maiden aunt vision there (no offense to pianists or maiden aunts)! Even her kinda matronly/bland taste in clothes reminds me of the person I know (who is, coincidentally, single/never married at 46).

Edited by ChiMama
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, OnTime said:

I'm starting to think these "experts" do very little.

They (or the producers) pick some people who make good TV and give them a script, including drama, for the days when they are filmed. 

For example, Will says he doesn't know how to use the breaks on the ATV.  I'm sure the ATV company tells everyone before they drive off how all the controls work, especially the breaks.

I agreed with Jasmine getting upset with him at that point. If she knew where the breaks were, there was no logical reason for him not to. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Granted, I did a very quick viewing of the show, but here's what I saw about Luke and Kate.  He was pretty excited to go to the wildlife sanctuary to see some animals he really thinks are cool.  Nothing wrong with that, at all.  However, Kate was NOT AT ALL EXCITED and seemed to think being excited about seeing some wildlife you don't get to see every day is rather ho hum (at best) and possibly stupid (at worst).  Girl, I would have been all over that visit. Sloths (and all other kinds of wildlife) are fascinating, and watching Luke get fascinated was fun! I get that it was hot and humid and not your deal, but way to act like a spoiled baby.

Then I saw Luke looking intently at Kate every time they had a conversation, and her not being able to return that gaze. Apparently, he asked her what she liked to do and all she could come up with is that she started taking piano lessons again recently and she likes to go out with her girlfriends for dinner on weekends.  Well, that's exciting.  Yawn.

I'm not sure, yet, how Luke has earned all this gay talk and hate from this forum, but so far I'm not seeing it.  I'll rewatch, but right now, all I'm seeing is someone who is trying to be respectful, and who was not swept off his feet at first glance. No one guarantees that in this show.  And I haven't seen Kate offer anything that would maybe up the ante for him yet, either. My two cents. 

I'm with you on this -- so make it four cents, total. LOL I thought she was being purposely unenthusiastic/negative at the sloth place and they went home (I'm sure sooner than Luke wanted to) because she was 'tired.' I wouldn't like her much at this point either, but I'd be nicer about it. ;) I think Luke's 'mean-ness' is partly a sarcastic personality that misses the mark TOTALLY with Kate and partly a nervous/awkward reaction.

Edited by ChiMama
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Yeah No said:

On "Unfiltered", Luke seemed super-excited to go over cringe-worthy scenes from the show where his new wife was miserable.  Does he even have a clue how bad that makes him look?   I seriously doubt it.  They better have fallen in love by the time that was filmed or he is officially a disgusting pig.

He was also super excited watching Jasmine and Will have a minor disagreement. He also seemed more into her than he does his own wife. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Heather said she didn't mind smoking but she wasn't cool with him smoking weed...on the honeymoon.

Yes, he did berate her because Derek didn't see the difference. ..his mistake...

That's when it spiraled out of control.

Heather wanted out but production made her participate because she signed  the MAFS contract....

Production was determined to not make it easy for her to quit... they filmed her going to the production offices the morning after they got back from the honeymoon to talk about continuing...but Heather didn't need the bull shit, she wasn't a fame whore...and so we were stuck with footage of Derek walking his little dog acting mopey for the rest of the season...

I saw this totally different. I saw her as being totally unreasonable not to at least give him a second chance.  How was he to know she would go psycho about weed (although the show never said it was weed, just smoking) without mentioning it beforehand.  It probably wouldn't have worked anyway, but she was the one who came off like a total bitch for not even giving him a chance.

Some of these contestants treat this show like their new spouse does not cross off ALL their boxes so they check out without giving the relationship a shot, almost like a house hunting show even though THEY are far from perfect themselves. 

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, ChiMama said:

I don't think she literally meant "paying the bills" as in writing out checks or going online to pay them, she meant "paying the bills" as in being responsible for them and paying them all with HIS money. Stupid/selfish, but 50/50 isn't always fair either. The fairest thing to do is total up their joint income, figure out what percentage of that total each is bringing to the table, figure out the total of their joint shared household (not personal) bills and making each responsible for an amount that aligns with their portion of the joint income. So, rough example, if Will makes 60k and Jasmine makes 40k, and their monthly household bills are $2,000 -- Will would cover 60 percent of the total budget ($1,200) and Jasmine 40 percent ($800). What they each have above and beyond that is theirs to cover personal bills (car/student loans, credit card debt) and/or to spend as they wish, no questions asked.

I agree with this "yours, mine, and ours" strategy, especially if there's a big discrepancy in incomes and particularly in this instance because they're strangers. My excellent credit rating and I would not be mixing all the money with a man I just met, married or not. (It's like the name change discussion. Change your name or don't, I don't care at all, but in this situation I wouldn't even consider changing it for at least six months.)

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ChiMama said:

I don't think she literally meant "paying the bills" as in writing out checks or going online to pay them, she meant "paying the bills" as in being responsible for them and paying them all with HIS money. Stupid/selfish, but 50/50 isn't always fair either. The fairest thing to do is total up their joint income, figure out what percentage of that total each is bringing to the table, figure out the total of their joint shared household (not personal) bills and making each responsible for an amount that aligns with their portion of the joint income. So, rough example, if Will makes 60k and Jasmine makes 40k, and their monthly household bills are $2,000 -- Will would cover 60 percent of the total budget ($1,200) and Jasmine 40 percent ($800). What they each have above and beyond that is theirs to cover personal bills (car/student loans, credit card debt) and/or to spend as they wish, no questions asked.

O.k. I get it.  Now, say Jasmine gets pregnant and wants to be a stay at home Mom and has a student loan, car payment and credit card bill.  Who will pay that if she’s not working?  Will?  If she wants to be a tight ass when it comes to money, she better have a nice booty stashed to pay her outstanding bills should she stay home, IMO.  My husband and I put our money together, I did all the bills whatever they were, all  50/50.  I think that’s what Will wanted.  Money should have been talked about with the experts.  Another big thing that they missed.  As usual.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 10

I don’t get the two people in the bathroom thing at all.  Can we leave personal hygiene personal?  Is there any mystery anywhere at all?  Unless you’re going to take a sexy shower together like in 50 Shades, lol.  That’s hard to do anyhow.  Not enough room.

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, Palomar said:

I saw this totally different. I saw her as being totally unreasonable not to at least give him a second chance.  How was he to know she would go psycho about weed (although the show never said it was weed, just smoking) without mentioning it beforehand.  It probably wouldn't have worked anyway, but she was the one who came off like a total bitch for not even giving him a chance.

Some of these contestants treat this show like their new spouse does not cross off ALL their boxes so they check out without giving the relationship a shot, almost like a house hunting show even though THEY are far from perfect themselves. 

It wasn't just weed. It was how he spoke to her. If a guy spoke to me the way he spoke to her, I would have been done too. That is not a way to act towards your partner especially one of a week or less. 

• Love 10

Did anyone notice all the little comments Luke was making to Katie?   

Showering

Brushing her teeth twice, not bringing enough toothpaste

Not into seeing the Sloths

She had too many cups of coffee

She smoked

There was another one but can't remember at the moment.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, Tatortot said:

Showering

She smoked

Luke is uber-critical of just about everything Kate does (or doesn't do). Reminds me quite a bit of Amber and Dave last year... and that's not a good thing! (I mean, poor Kate isn't even getting kisses, much less "sex every night and sometimes in the morning"! ...lol)

This obviously cannot possibly turn out well for Kate. She needs to leave as soon as she gets back to the USA, and tell MAFS where to put it!! 

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Soup333 said:
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

On the smoking - I don’t like Luke, but for me, just the lie at the start gate would be a huge problem. Too many experiences have taught me those who lie & justify it, tend to be dishonest in general. 

Maybe she lied so she wouldn't be knocked out of the running to be chosen for this wonderful opportunity. Or maybe she thought it wasn't a big deal since she doesn't smoke regularly. As someone who clearly doesn't mind being around the smell of cigarettes, maybe she didn't think it'd be a dealbreaker if she had one on occasion.

Kate seems like the type of person to just go along with the crowd. So if her friends are smoking, she'll have one. She's probably eaten a lot of food she doesn't like and gone to a lot of places she really didn't want to just so she wouldn't upset the apple cart.

ETA: I do not mean that I don’t mind the smell of cigarettes. They’re gross. But Kate must not have a problem with it. 

Smoking could've easily been a deal breaker for her match, so she should've had every intention of stopping completely & permanently if needed before telling her lie.

I'm allergic to smoke, which is a big deal & a 'would be deal breaker' for me. (I'm also allergic to liars).  So she could've screwed up seriously with her lie, but it looks like karma took care of her already with Luke (whether it's the smoking or not).

• Love 8

Does anyone think maybe Jasmine was testing the water with Will, trying to see if she had a Keith or a more “modern” man? And when he was completely for equality in the marriage she flipped it to see how he felt about the money issue? I’m hoping she wasn’t serious about wanting him to pay everything. 

4 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Smoking could've easily been a deal breaker for her match, so she should've had every intention of stopping completely & permanently if needed before telling her lie.

I'm allergic to smoke, which is a big deal & a 'would be deal breaker' for me. (I'm also allergic to liars).  So she could've screwed up seriously with her lie, but it looks like karma took care of her already with Luke (whether it's the smoking or not).

She shouldn’t have lied for this. It’s not worth it. And I get you with your smoke allergy. I have asthma so a smoker would have been a huge hell no for me. Was she that desperate? 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, spunky said:

agreed with Jasmine getting upset with him at that point. If she knew where the breaks were, there was no logical reason for him not to. 

I'd have to watch again, but I THINK he said either that he didn't know how to put it in park or turn it off, not that he didn't know how to use the brakes.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Tatortot said:

Showering

She smoked

He said those things because she is a target for taking that kind of abuse.  Now if that were Jasmine, he wouldn’t even go there as she would kick him in his balls, if he has any, the little twerp.

• Love 17
56 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

O.k. I get it.  Now, say Jasmine gets pregnant and wants to be a stay at home Mom and has a student loan, car payment and credit card bill.  Who will pay that if she’s not working?  Will?  If she wants to be a tight ass when it comes to money, she better have a nice booty stashed to pay her outstanding bills should she stay home, IMO.

I agree. If she wants to have a baby and be a SAHM, make sure her outstanding personal bills are handled first. Make that a goal and a condition to start 'trying' for a baby. I mean, a lot of times couple have goals they want to meet before having children -- buying a house, paying off debt, traveling to Europe, etc. Make that one of the goals.

Edited by ChiMama
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Soup333 said:

Does anyone think maybe Jasmine was testing the water with Will, trying to see if she had a Keith or a more “modern” man? And when he was completely for equality in the marriage she flipped it to see how he felt about the money issue? I’m hoping she wasn’t serious about wanting him to pay everything. 

I'm pretty sure Jasmine was serious

At first, I thought Jasmine meant she wanted Will to be the one who manages their (combined) finances and makes sure all the bills get paid before any other expenditures. My hubby does this, because he's better at it than I am...  and that works out just fine for us.

But no, that's not what Jasmine wanted. She made that clear when Will said something like, "So... if I pay the mortgage, you'll pay the other bills?" and Jasmine said no, she wanted him to be the man of the house and pay the bills...

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Tatortot said:

I think he's one of those people who think they're being funny, but what he's saying ends up just being really mean. She definitely is an easy target, especially since she just seems to go along and doesn't stand up for herself. It's another disastrous pairing for our stupid "experts".

Just now, Crazy Bird Lady said:

But no, that's not what Jasmine wanted. She made that clear when Will said something like, "So... if I pay the mortgage, you'll pay the other bills?" and Jasmine said no, she wanted him to be the man of the house and pay the bills...

Yes, she is crazy or delusional if she thinks what works for her parents who have been together for a long time is the correct strategy when you just married a stranger that you might only be married to for 8 weeks......

• Love 7

I think another reason Lukewarm does not like Kate is that he doesn’t find her very interesting to show off to his friends.  He tries realllllllllly hard to be “interesting” — he is in the gig economy! (despite his civil engineering job) he’s crazy about sloths! he has a trendy hipster beard! he runs speed dating events! Etc.

By contrast she sort of takes piano lessons and goes to dinner with her friends.  I get the idea he would be much happier if in addition to her regular job she brewed her own craft beer! or she spent weekends busking for tips by juggling! or hosted a podcast about sloths! or had a YouTube channel where she posted sketch comedy! You get the idea. 

• Love 19
(edited)

Here's the difference...

When Ricky Bobby rattled off a long list things about Danielle like her mother makes terrible hamburgers..it was because he was smitten with her and he remembered every little thing about her...he was into Danielle and he was falling in love..

In the bathroom, Puke was getting his jollies by embarrassing Kate on camera saying she didn't have enough toothpaste for the trip, her lack of hipster enthusiasm for the sloths....his voice had an ugly edge to it...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 12
19 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I'm pretty sure Jasmine was serious

Smh. Good luck to her then. At least I can say Will didn’t shut her down. He opened the conversation so he could figure out where her head was. 

16 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I think he's one of those people who think they're being funny, but what he's saying ends up just being really mean. She definitely is an easy target, especially since she just seems to go along and doesn't stand up for herself. It's another disastrous pairing for our stupid "experts".

Guaranteed Lukewarm will act as if she’s the one that has no sense of humor if Kate ever tries the check him or says she’s insulted by something he said. 

3 minutes ago, PityFree said:

I think another reason Lukewarm does not like Kate is that he doesn’t find her very interesting to show off to his friends.  He tries realllllllllly hard to be “interesting” — he is in the gig economy! (despite his civil engineering job) he’s crazy about sloths! he has a trendy hipster beard! he runs speed dating events! Etc.

By contrast she sort of takes piano lessons and goes to dinner with her friends.  I get the idea he would be much happier if in addition to her regular job she brewed her own craft beer! or she spent weekends busking for tips by juggling! or hosted a podcast about sloths! or had a YouTube channel where she posted sketch comedy! You get the idea. 

I knew a guy like this. He wanted a trophy to show off to his friends. Ended up getting catfished. 

• Love 7

Luke, with emphasizing his love of sloths, was mind-fu**ing Kate, IMO, because of his lack of enthusiasm about HER. It was a subtle way of taking ALL the attention off of Kate and onto something else "Luke-oriented." He's GOOD - and by "GOOD," I mean he's been doing this awhile. It was as though to make Kate feel inferior to...sloths.  Kate is sweet but I agree with others that she has some strained speech like she just woke up or something. Maybe by "smoke," they meant the ganja...like the guy from two seasons ago was doing.  Kate is all sorts of subdued. Then again, with Puke's disdain for A.J.'s personality , good thing she's not laughing and joking too much bc Puke might push her off a balcony if she dares show any kind of personality. 

Jasmine seems scarred by something with this "men are the protector & provider" idea. I think that Will had turned her off at some point or points in this. One we saw on camera was him NOT jumping to her rescue on the ATV.  I think maybe if she feels he's physically not the protector then he needs to buck up and be the financial protector. Something tells me she would have liked the A.J. comment about sleeping closest to the door so he can jump into action In case of intruder. That sounds like my hubs who is incidentally provider and protector..but I had come into the marriage with savings enough to get a home as well as no debts. We are traditional and also not traditional.  I sincerely hope Jasmine is not a jerk and misspoke bc I wanted to like her. I get her in a way. Will may not be for her though. I can't really get a pulse in this guy. Keith is also coming across a tad weak. I think all women here wanted someone tough and that's not the way of this current generation much. The pendulum has swung. 

• Love 12

That scene of them Talking about kissing each other was very uncomfortable to watch . He CHOSE to sign up for this knowing that there’s a chance he won’t be attracted to her .. but then acts like this ? And then she told him she was ready for him to kiss her and he just sat there and looked annoyed that she brought that up  while most normal people would just lean in for the peck . I pecked people when I was 4 years old , there’s no reason a grown man who is married can’t kiss his wife for 2 seconds . I have to agree with the people who think he’s gay . According to next weeks eoosode , he finally kisses her and then says he was disgusted and feels dead inside .. there’s no way he is straight . 

Its gotta be really hard hanging out with the other couples almost every week (episode ). It’s not healthy for them to compare relationships , as some clearly get matched with better spouses than others . The look in Kate’s eyes when she saw how cute AJ and Stephanie were together made me feel so bad for her because I can imagine how much it must suck to realize what a nasty asshole you got set up with . I liked the original format where the couples don’t meet up .. or if they do , have them meet once and that’s it . 

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 9
(edited)

Puke just had to say the meanest, most damaging thing he could think of to make Kate feel like a steaming pile of crap...because he is cold hearted.

The gentlemanly thing would have been to say that he didn't feel anything romantic when they kissed but more brotherly...but Puke is as empty as his faux hipster image...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

And then she told him she was ready for him to kiss her and he just sat there and looked annoyed that she brought that up  while most normal people would just lean in for the peck .

He seemed really embarrassed by it - "You want to talk about this now?!?" Although I think he just straight up isn't attracted to her, maybe he is weirded out by the cameras? Either way, his response was strange and immature.

• Love 11

I think Jasmine thinks a a modern women is one that can choose anything, including stay at home mom or career women. I went to a seven sister all women's college. It was all about getting women the best education. I have classmates that became doctors and got into some of the best residencies and then decided to stay at home with their kids for years. The power was in having the ability to choose and the knowledge that no matter what happens (divorce, death) you can take care of yourself. 

I guess I do not understand about the money and bills. I can get that when you are in the first 8 weeks and filming, money should be handled like before the show. Once the couples really commit (who knows when that is because it seems some say yes on decision day yet break up a few weeks later, maybe because they get extra $$ for saying yes?) they need to figure out the budget and bills. Maybe it is just me but if you are committed, to a lifetime with someone , your goals should be long term and together. It is hard to think that if a couple is married 40-50 years that there are not going to be times that one of them is not working, job loss, illness, accidents, kids, deaths, taking care of sick parents or children. When a serious life event happens what do you say, Hey honey, your mom died and you took 2 weeks off of work so this month I will let you slide on your part of the mortgage? I guess it is because I love my husband so much, when he had a serious  accident and could not work, all I did was worry about his health, not the loss of income and when I was on bedrest, he worried about me and the baby, not the money. Our deal is as long as all the bills are paid and we have the amount we need in savings, retirement etc, we don't question each other purchases, my husband is happy when I feel good and get my hair done and I;m happy when he gets a new part for his bike and enjoys riding it.

Will and Dallas Dave both said 50/50 on everything and both are in finance, I worked for an investment firm for a few years and what I learned was you need to invest in retirement early and pay off your home as fast as you can. If one spouse makes more or has some extra income it is better if you really want to be together forever to pay down the house. 

I'm still waiting for Kristine to find out Keith's income and career plans. As someone who was married to a doctor through medical school and residency , it is hard, it is not just the school and training but the moving and not being able to settle down for years. Keith if everything went perfect for him would not be a practicing doctor till he is close to 40. I don't see Kristine wanting to wait this long to settle down. She sells houses. She sees couples settling down to have families in her work all the time. I don't see her waiting till 40. Hopefully Keith can find an RN program , maybe then go into a nurse practioner program locally. Keith seems like he is okay in some ways to be molded. He went to the gym and he admitted that he is not a PDA person but Kristien changed that/ maybe she can help him into career path that is more realistic for them. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

I'm glad you mentioned that Will brought up paying the mortgage.  I thought I heard that, although another poster said he didn't say that.   

• Love 5

Here's the difference...

If Kristine hated Keith she could have embarrassed him by making him work out at the gym until he puked into his shoes...but she likes him and Keith went along with the mini workout because he knew Kristine wants her husband to become fit...

Puke would have chided Kate for not being able to lift as much as he could, that she weighed more than him, that smoking is killing her wind, that if she ate probiotics yogurt for breakfast instead of eggs and a carb brekky she would be eating clean...

• Love 10
20 hours ago, Deni said:

Weren’t the couples all staying at the same EXACT cottage after the weddings. They kept showing us different ones like they were all there in different ones at the same time, but we were seeing the same one over and over inside. The wonky plates on the kitchen wall proves it.

Yes, and all I can think of is "I hope they washed the sheets."

• Love 3

I thought Kristine was overplaying her hand by pushing Keith so hard. He’s in the gym with you, he’s lifting the weights etc. when he doesn’t want to be, so praise him for that! Let him get a little more comfortable with the idea of being there at all. Order him to lift 24 lbs on the second or third visit. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Kdawg82 said:

Luke, with emphasizing his love of sloths, was mind-fu**ing Kate, IMO, because of his lack of enthusiasm about HER. It was a subtle way of taking ALL the attention off of Kate and onto something else "Luke-oriented." He's GOOD - and by "GOOD," I mean he's been doing this awhile. It was as though to make Kate feel inferior to...sloths.  Kate is sweet but I agree with others that she has some strained speech like she just woke up or something. Maybe by "smoke," they meant the ganja...like the guy from two seasons ago was doing.  Kate is all sorts of subdued. Then again, with Puke's disdain for A.J.'s personality , good thing she's not laughing and joking too much bc Puke might push her off a balcony if she dares show any kind of personality. 

If I were stuck in a nightmare "honeymoon" out of my home country with a jerk like Puke, I'd be "all kinds of subdued," too! For now, Kate is trapped --and I think she realizes that. She has to get back to USA soil before she can free herself of the creep. 

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Kdawg82 said:

Except Kate seems hurt by Luke's words and actions. If she was stoned, she probably wouldn't care that much. Luke doesn't want a woman with her own personality. He wants a woman who copies his personality. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, aphroditewitch said:

Except Kate seems hurt by Luke's words and actions. If she was stoned, she probably wouldn't care that much. Luke doesn't want a woman with her own personality. He wants a woman who copies his personality. 

* man 

• Love 6

None of the couples admitted to bumping uglies until Costa Rica so the winery doesn't need to burn the MAFS sheets...

Does anyone else think the towel animals fashioned by the Marriott in Costa Rica are wonky.... and in the best way?...

The swans on AJ's bed and the towel sloth in Kate's and Puke's room haunt my psyche.....

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

Even if he is gay, there is no excuse for his behavior. Being in the closet, which in 2018 (when the show was filmed) is a choice, does not give someone the right to be so cruel. 

It’s still not a choice for everyone. There are myriad number of reasons why someone might not feel safe revealing who they really are. 

Of course I agree about Luke treating Kate the way he has. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Every time the word “sloth” is said I want to punch buggy Luke...very hard...enough to leave a mark 

As soon as Kate asked a pertinent sloth question, Luke gets sloth jealous and he acts pissy. 

He isn’t even bothering to hide his dislike for Kate.

Kate pronounces it very strangely, like "sluth." Is that the Philly accent?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

It’s still not a choice for everyone. There are myriad number of reasons why someone might not feel safe revealing who they really are. 

Of course I agree about Luke treating Kate the way he has. 

Luke doesn't really fit the demographics where that would be the case. 

• Love 3

I've been wondering what really happens when the producers show up to film? Do they bring along a script?

Do they even know what goes on between filming days?

Just remembering how Season 2 (Sean/Davina etc) was such a bust and the couples only showed up to film and weren't living together!

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

Jasmine, Jasmine...that arm bracelet doesn’t do you any favors. It only highlights flab. The deep neck cut on the shirt you wore with the other couples is not doing you favors either. 

Neither did that kerchief she wore when she woke up the first morning she slept with him.  Tousled hair would have looked way prettier.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Luke, with emphasizing his love of sloths, was mind-fu**ing Kate,

About all the sex she’s going to get

3 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Neither did that kerchief she wore when she woke up the first morning

Yep. She has a long way before she gets in proper sugar baby look. 

I did like her at first but she lost me with that bill paying thing. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

About all the sex she’s going to get

Yep. She has a long way before she gets in proper sugar baby look. 

I did like her at first but she lost me with that bill paying thing. 

Me too.  She lost me acting money hungry right off the bat.  I don’t think Will cared for that also.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I've been wondering what really happens when the producers show up to film? Do they bring along a script?

Do they even know what goes on between filming days?

Just remembering how Season 2 (Sean/Davina etc) was such a bust and the couples only showed up to film and weren't living together!

Each season the producers map out storylines and characters. Each season usually has someone who is edited to be either the bitch, the crier, the nice guy, the nice girl, the jerk, and so on.  Then they decide who is going to fill each role based on who they cast. I'm guessing they didn't get some of the drama they hoped from with AJ without producer interference, which is why based on previews we are going to see him argue with a producer next week. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

This kind of seems like Monet and Vaughn from season 1 in reverse. She thought she wanted traditional gender roles, but she was too independent for that to work (also, Vaughn was gross). 

Monet wanting traditional gender roles was interesting, because if memory serves, she doesn't cook.  I don't recall if she doesn't know how or simply refused. 

Luke seems like a real douche, but I am with him when it comes to taking a shower or bath before bed.  I can't imagine getting into bed without washing off the day's grimes. I wouldn't be able to sleep.  Now that she is married, perhaps it would be in Kate's best interest to bathe/shower at night and wash up in the morning.  In all fairness, it's difficult to get intimate with someone who is "unclean". But then again, Luke clearly isn't interested so it probably won't matter.  

Jasmine appears to come from a family where Dad is the primary provider.  So that is the template with which she is most familiar.  I distinctively remember Mama Joyce of "Housewives of Atlanta" saying that a man isn't a real man if he isn't the primary provider.  Perhaps, Jasmine subscribes to that chain of thought.  

• Love 3

I never understand why if a man is less comfortable around women, people call him gay. (I see this in The Bachelor forum too because Colton is a virgin and seems shy.) My gay male friends are VERY good with women. If they were on that trip with Kate, they’d be laughing it up, helping her pick out outfits and talking about how much they’re enjoying the free food. They’re also super affectionate, probably because they don’t view all affection as being sexual, especially when it’s with the opposite sex. I know all gay men aren’t the same, but if Luke was a gay man trying to stay in the closet, he’d be doing a much better job. If anything I would characterize Luke as more of a person who hates/resents women and that’s coming off more heterosexual to me. Maybe in the past he slept/was vulnerable with a woman he really liked and she dissed him and now he’s gun shy. Maybe Kate reminds him of the type of woman that would find him lacking. 

57 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Neither did that kerchief she wore when she woke up the first morning she slept with him.  Tousled hair would have looked way prettier.

Jasmine can’t do authentic tousled hair for fear her wefts would show. She’s such a cute mess to me. Everything she does is just a little bit awkward. She seems like she could really be someone’s wife already.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

Each season the producers map out storylines and characters. Each season usually has someone who is edited to be either the bitch, the crier, the nice guy, the nice girl, the jerk, and so on.  Then they decide who is going to fill each role based on who they cast. I'm guessing they didn't get some of the drama they hoped from with AJ without producer interference, which is why based on previews we are going to see him argue with a producer next week. 

And to some extent that's still developing, so I'm holding out on judging Jasmine since the 'provider conversation' might've been at least somewhat contrived or exaggerated. Right now AJ & Stephanie look good, & if they're the least complicated couple, production may end up messing with them a bit, sort of like for AJ's "homework" tantrum next week.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

I’m pretty sure it’s a weave so sleeping on it with no protection might be a no no. I doubt Will would mind much. It’s pretty common to protect your hair at night. 

• Love 10