Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: Strangers in Paradise

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Neither did that kerchief she wore when she woke up the first morning she slept with him.  Tousled hair would have looked way prettier.

It is very common for black women to cover their hair at night when they sleep to protect their hair. 

• Love 20
6 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I’m pretty sure it’s a weave so sleeping on it with no protection might be a no no. I doubt Will would mind much. It’s pretty common to protect your hair at night. 

My mistake.  I don’t know much about wefts or weaves or wigs.  All I know is occasional curling iron for my straight hair.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, endure said:

One way Kate could possibly win over Luke would be to get herself a sloth costume.  I happened to find the cutest one ever!

Did anyone see episode 1 of the Bachelor this season? The sloth did not make the first round cut......

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Tatortot said:

Did anyone notice all the little comments Luke was making to Katie?   

Showering

Brushing her teeth twice, not bringing enough toothpaste

Not into seeing the Sloths

She had too many cups of coffee

She smoked

There was another one but can't remember at the moment.

Lukewarm asked at breakfast if Kate wouldn't rather have yogurt, as she ate her eggs and toast. Read: "You need to lose weight."

• Love 22

Jas is a strong, independent woman...until the check comes.

Kate is a follower.  She'd stop smoking tomorrow if her husband (even Luke) told her to.  Probably lose weight, start eating yogurt and learn to love sloths if he told her to.

Steph is a trooper.  She's having fun with that doughy goof.

Kristine - the gym thing was a shit test that Keith failed.   He should have flatly refused...or out worked her.  She'll gas quickly if pushed.  Plus, I work out 5 days a week minimum, the LAST thing I want is to spend a vacation at the gym and be sore for the week.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

Jas is a strong, independent woman...until the check comes.

Kate is a follower.  She'd stop smoking tomorrow if her husband (even Luke) told her to.  Probably lose weight, start eating yogurt and learn to love sloths if he told her to.

Steph is a trooper.  She's having fun with that doughy goof.

Kristine - the gym thing was a shit test that Keith failed.   He should have flatly refused...or out worked her.  She'll gas quickly if pushed.  Plus, I work out 5 days a week minimum, the LAST thing I want is to spend a vacation at the gym and be sore for the week.

If Kate was that much of a follower, she would have gushed over the sloths hoping to win Luke over, she didn't and in general seemed irritated by him. 

• Love 11

Kate might have lied about the occasional smoke but Like is a whole world of hurt!

If he's half of everything we've guessed at then he lied and omitted and should be run out of town!

With that said aren't they just the perfect coupling for this show to get tons of publicity and social media comments!  Bravo!

• Love 3
13 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I get the sense that Jasmine has genuinely never considered that her views align with traditional gender roles, so even if the experts had asked that generic question, she would have answered that she doesn't believe in them.  I also don't think that Jasmine has considered that having a man pay 100% of the bills (which was her initial preference) may have made sense when the man brought in 100% of the income.  But she presumably has a job already.  So why in the name of sweet baby Jesus, should the man arbitrarily potentially double his financial burden (once all the joint bills are considered, plus maybe a house if he didn't have one already) while she reduces hers to zero, especially when she had also apparently not considered Will's point about her doing all the housework?

The show told us that both of them own homes.

Jasmine wanting a husband who pays most of their bills, doesn't necessarily mean that she expects him to pay most of her bills. If Jasmine moves into Will's home, his expenses don't necessarily double. Maybe she wants him to pay the mortgage and utilities while she pays for something like groceries and continues to pay her existing bills (hair, student loans, clothing, expenses related to the home she owns, etc.)

It makes sense for Jasmine to tell her husband that she wants a husband who is a provider.  It's also understandable that will would be taken aback by the idea that a woman that he just met wants him to support her. If Will really wants his wife and possibly the mother of his child to pay 50% of the household expenses, hopefully he plans to contribute to 50% of the cooking, cleaning, and child rearing. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Did anyone see episode 1 of the Bachelor this season? The sloth did not make the first round cut......

Yes I did, haha.  It took her 20 minutes to go across the floor .. annoying.  Guess he thought so too.  I never knew what a sloth was until now.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I’m pretty sure it’s a weave so sleeping on it with no protection might be a no no. I doubt Will would mind much. It’s pretty common to protect your hair at night. 

Yeah, that's a Black hair thing. When Kristine was in bed I was wondering where her head wrap was. Jasmine's was cotton, which was surprising - cotton is drying. If Will has slept with a Black woman before and/or he's lived in the same house as Black women, he's seen all manner of nighttime hair wraps.

(I wear my hair natural - curly - and sleep on a satin pillowcase, with my hair up. Satin pillowcases are good for the skin too, so bonus!)

• Love 11
12 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

Luke doesn't really fit the demographics where that would be the case. 

I don't at all understand how demographics would play into any internal struggle Luke might have/have had about his sexuality. His family could be very religious or not accepting of other gay people - we have no idea. 

Lukewarm's mannerisms sometimes read as gay to me. But they also read as cutsey and they also read as fake. As I said before, in one of the previews he looked at Kate and his eyes were completely dead. Shark eyes. That's why I said he's a psychopath and nothing I've seen yet has dissuaded me from this belief. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, lids said:

I never understand why if a man is less comfortable around women, people call him gay. (I see this in The Bachelor forum too because Colton is a virgin and seems shy.) My gay male friends are VERY good with women. If they were on that trip with Kate, they’d be laughing it up, helping her pick out outfits and talking about how much they’re enjoying the free food. They’re also super affectionate, probably because they don’t view all affection as being sexual, especially when it’s with the opposite sex. I know all gay men aren’t the same, but if Luke was a gay man trying to stay in the closet, he’d be doing a much better job. If anything I would characterize Luke as more of a person who hates/resents women and that’s coming off more heterosexual to me. Maybe in the past he slept/was vulnerable with a woman he really liked and she dissed him and now he’s gun shy. Maybe Kate reminds him of the type of woman that would find him lacking. 

Jasmine can’t do authentic tousled hair for fear her wefts would show. She’s such a cute mess to me. Everything she does is just a little bit awkward. She seems like she could really be someone’s wife already.

I watch the bachelor as well.. and I don't think people think other people are gay based on if they are less comfortable around women. I'd find those type of guys endearing because it probably means they're not a player. People think Colton is gay because his reasoning for being a virgin makes no sense and he made a whole speech about never feeling comfortable in his own skin and always feeling like he has to be somebody he's not.. mixed with the fact that he just doesn't seem interested in women.

I think Luke is gay because of his mannerisms, how he acts with her and the fact that he won't even peck a woman on the lips who is his "wife", especially when that wife is practically begging for it.  When you watch someones behavior patterns on tv, it's easy to pinpoint things that make you feel a certain way. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I don't at all understand how demographics would play into any internal struggle Luke might have/have had about his sexuality. His family could be very religious or not accepting of other gay people - we have no idea. 

Lukewarm's mannerisms sometimes read as gay to me. But they also read as cutsey and they also read as fake. As I said before, in one of the previews he looked at Kate and his eyes were completely dead. Shark eyes. That's why I said he's a psychopath and nothing I've seen yet has dissuaded me from this belief. 

You are changing your argument. You claimed it was a safety issue in your first post now it is about his family. 1. Luke is a white male in a large city that has a thriving LGBT community, he is not living in a country where it is illegal to be gay. 2. If Luke was that concerned about what his family thought, he wouldn't have gotten married to a stranger on tv. Especially after his mother appeared to be so against it. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, OnTime said:

I've been wondering what really happens when the producers show up to film? Do they bring along a script?

Do they even know what goes on between filming days?

Just remembering how Season 2 (Sean/Davina etc) was such a bust and the couples only showed up to film and weren't living together!

11 hours ago, ShowFan said:

Did I hear right that Kate described Luke as “caring” and said he’s meeting all her expectations? Seriously? What expectations were those?

Breathing? I also find it hard to believe that she was that pleased when she had no memory of him at his speed dating event. He was running the thing.

11 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Monet wanting traditional gender roles was interesting, because if memory serves, she doesn't cook.  I don't recall if she doesn't know how or simply refused. 

Luke seems like a real douche, but I am with him when it comes to taking a shower or bath before bed.  I can't imagine getting into bed without washing off the day's grimes. I wouldn't be able to sleep.  Now that she is married, perhaps it would be in Kate's best interest to bathe/shower at night and wash up in the morning.  In all fairness, it's difficult to get intimate with someone who is "unclean". But then again, Luke clearly isn't interested so it probably won't matter.  

Jasmine appears to come from a family where Dad is the primary provider.  So that is the template with which she is most familiar.  I distinctively remember Mama Joyce of "Housewives of Atlanta" saying that a man isn't a real man if he isn't the primary provider.  Perhaps, Jasmine subscribes to that chain of thought.  

Jas just does not seem to be into Will’s laidback personality. I think she wants a take charge kind of a guy like her father.

49 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Yeah, that's a Black hair thing. When Kristine was in bed I was wondering where her head wrap was. Jasmine's was cotton, which was surprising - cotton is drying. If Will has slept with a Black woman before and/or he's lived in the same house as Black women, he's seen all manner of nighttime hair wraps.

(I wear my hair natural - curly - and sleep on a satin pillowcase, with my hair up. Satin pillowcases are good for the skin too, so bonus!)

I was actually wondering if K actually brought her own satin pillowcase and that is why she did not need the head wrap.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

You are changing your argument. You claimed it was a safety issue in your first post now it is about his family. 1. Luke is a white male in a large city that has a thriving LGBT community, he is not living in a country where it is illegal to be gay. 2. If Luke was that concerned about what his family thought, he wouldn't have gotten married to a stranger on tv. Especially after his mother appeared to be so against it. 

Lemme go back and see what I actually said.

14 hours ago, Soup333 said:

It’s still not a choice for everyone. There are myriad number of reasons why someone might not feel safe revealing who they really are. 

Of course I agree about Luke treating Kate the way he has. 

How are these not the same? As I said, there are many reasons why someone might not want to let the world know they're gay. There exist gay people of all races and ages who aren't comfortable being known as gay. They live everywhere. So there are no closeted white gay men in Philly? None? How could a person possibly know that? 

Luke might not feel safe letting folk know he's gay because:

He doesn't want to offend or ostracize his family.

Might be bad for business.

He's still struggling with it.

Dude might not actually be gay and is just a mean ass narcissist.

I don't know what's going on in his head but the fact is that everybody isn't out. Somewhere out there is a gay white man in a marriage to a WOMAN that's denying his entire reality because reasons. He might even live in Philly. 

Edited by Soup333
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Soup333 said:

How are these not the same? As I said, there are many reasons why someone might not want to let the world know they're gay. There exist gay people of all races and ages who aren't comfortable being known as gay. They live everywhere. So there are no closeted white gay men in Philly? None? How could a person possibly know that? 

I don't know what's going on in his head but the fact is that everybody isn't out. Right now there's a gay white man in a marriage to a WOMAN that's denying his entire reality because reasons. He might even live in Philly. 

It is not ok to compare this to a minority LGBT person. And once again, he didn't care about offending his family when he married a stranger on television. And his jerky behavior is far worse for his business than being gay. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

It is not ok to compare this to a minority LGBT person. And once again, he didn't care about offending his family when he married a stranger on television. And his jerky behavior is far worse for his business than being gay. 

I said ALL races and ages which is not a comparison to anyone. 

Like I said, I don't know what's going on with that guy but I agree that the way he's coming off is not good for his business. 

27 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I said ALL races and ages which is not a comparison to anyone. 

Like I said, I don't know what's going on with that guy but I agree that the way he's coming off is not good for his business. 

Like I said, if he is closeted, that is his choice. None of the things you list as reasons apply to him. He also made a choice to marry a stranger and treat her poorly. He certainly doesn't struggle with how he treats people. 

• Love 4

Jas: I am a thrill seeker and I am excited to ride ATVs with my husband.

Will: Why you driving like a grandma?...hit the bumps and catch some air...

Jas: Helllp!  I crashed and am hanging off the trail with my rear tires sliding down a hill...Will do something....

Will: Let's see how do I cut the engine on this thing....Turn this...nope...push this...no...Sorry I can't figure out how to kill the engine to help you...

Jas; Will, I do not feel protected.

Will: I just met you 2 days ago Miss Thrill Seeker...you did okay protecting yourself up until then....

Anybody else roll their eyes? Besides Will?

• Love 11

Luke comes off as fake to me. On Unfiltered he's trying too hard, & I think it may be because he knows what a douche he was to Kate & will be working damage control, but badly. He admitted he wasn't feeling an attraction though.

Kate was boring as hell, not interested in anything around her except getting a kiss from Lukewarm. I get her conflict though - she was labeled as the "Hopeless Romantic", & there's no romance going on at all. Unfortunately, next week she'll find out how "hopeless" it is for her. I really hope it ends early, but knowing this show I bet they drag out the misery as long as possible.

• Love 8

I don't understand why Jasmine and Will got into the paying of the bills on their honeymoon. Wait until you get back and look for a place to live and they do the "who pays the bills" episode. Realistically, I would not join accounts with someone or change my last name to theirs until we made the decision after the 8 weeks  to stay together.. and even then is too soon. Doing those things is a lot of work and takes time to undo if they end up divorcing a few weeks later as most of the couples on this show do. Me and my husband have a joint account where our paychecks are directly deposited into our account when we get paid and all the payments including our mortgage, HOA fee, utilities , etc come out of it. We don't make the same exact amount of money but who cares? You're married and we're not comparing penny to penny of who's paycheck goes more toward the bills. It's a joint account. And we have fought over other things but bills has never been one of them for that reason. I don't understand the 50/50, 75/25 100/0 ratio that people need to bring up whether it's with bills or cleaning of the house or cooking or whatever. My husband prefers cooking and I prefer cleaning but if one of us is really tired that day then the other one will just cook and clean that night and when the other one if having a bad day or is tired.. then it'll be vice versa. Traditional gender roles don't make sense if both people are working. You both work all day, so you both take on some house chores. Why does everything always turn into a ratio

• Love 8
(edited)

I think there are new producers this season and the producer induced scenarios are coming sooner in the marriage to create tension...

Danielle and Bobby didn't get into finances until after they got back to Dallas.

Same for Dave and Amber.

Jas jumped the gun to propose her wifey skills are worth an monetary discount for her equal share of the household bills.

Will was expecting an equal partner, he has been cooking and cleaning his own place so why should he have to carry the bigger financial burden just because Jas can rattle a few pots?

What if Will is the better cook?

Will, don't agree to anything less than a 50/50 until the proof is in the pudding....

Adding to the family coffers while you still have earning potential and before babies is expected... I would be side eyeing a  woman like Jas...

Jas should have married a much older man who wants the antiquated idea of a wife ..maybe 20, 25 years older....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Luke comes off as fake to me. On Unfiltered he's trying too hard, & I think it may be because he knows what a douche he was to Kate & will be working damage control, but badly. He admitted he wasn't feeling an attraction though.

Yep yep yep. I think he is phony as hell. I also think he is a total self styled hipster that thinks he is too cool for boring old normal Kate. I mean, image is everything with him to the point he bought a car he couldn't afford - hence the speed dating business. I think this was just another revenue stream for him, and hey, if he could hook up with a hot woman, so much the better, and if not, it's just 8 weeks, right? I absolutely believe he was recruited, and we know from past seasons those people are not here for "right reasons", in Bachelor-speak. I do not for one minute think this guy wanted to be married for real.

What I think is crazy is that people think he's gay. Why on earth would a gay man go on this show in this day and age? This guy in particular has no real reason to be in the closet if he was. It makes no sense to me whatsoever. Metrosexual, sure, gay, no way.

• Love 9

I don't think Luke is gay, I think he's a douche.

People have all types of mannerisms, doesn't mean they are gay, or straight for that matter, people are who they are and Luke is a douche IMO.

I can't stand Kate either.  HUGE red flag if she didn't mention that she smoked.  I would NEVER date a man who smokes, much less marry them, sorry, also I can't stand Kate's baby/vocal fry/three sheets to the wind, speaking voice.

• Love 11
On 1/16/2019 at 9:10 AM, qtpye said:

cringed at Jasmine’s speech about money but in some ways it was refreshing. Tv show people have this notion that it is the 1950 and most men want their wives to stay home and a woman working is some sort of feminist act of rebellion. I have found in the real world, most men do not want the burden of being the sole provider. People no longer have simple tastes (watch any episode of House Hunters) and salaries have stagnated to the point where the average two income family make less than what they made in the nineties once you adjust for inflation. Women dominate the work force in many areas and the days of a man being the sole provider are numbered. I am glad that this show about marriage is finally addressing this.

I think production made Jasmine say that.  It’s an important topic to address these days.  Lots of two income families are a must, especially if you have kids going to college.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I think Luke is gay because of his mannerisms

This. Listen for his cutesy upspeak lisp at times. Re watch the way he ran out of his wedding reception amid the wands or whatever people were shaking at him and Kate. He was flailing his hands around in that certain way. That solidified it for me I think-after the way he acted at the entire wedding and reception. I ALSO think he's an a**hole. People calling him out as gay is not meant to be an insult . Calling him an a**hole is. And if you think calling someone gay who isn't is damaging to their reputation, see:  being on "married at first sight." THAT, my friends, is the damaging reputation part. 

• Love 7

Does anyone know Jasmine's job? It just says assistant director which could mean anything and a variety of salaries. The assistant director of sports at our high school makes $7500 a year, the assistant director of our art museum makes 35k a year and the assistant director of the water department makes over 200k. I know reality TV likes to change up job titles or make people seem like they have better jobs then they have, maybe knowing what she does or an estimate of what she makes would shed more light on the 50/50 , wants man to be provider talk. Maybe she has a job she loves but does not pay high, like a non profit? Remember Sonia was a social worker and took a lower paying job in the field because she loved her work. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

Does anyone know Jasmine's job? It just says assistant director which could mean anything and a variety of salaries. The assistant director of sports at our high school makes $7500 a year, the assistant director of our art museum makes 35k a year and the assistant director of the water department makes over 200k. I know reality TV likes to change up job titles or make people seem like they have better jobs then they have, maybe knowing what she does or an estimate of what she makes would shed more light on the 50/50 , wants man to be provider talk. Maybe she has a job she loves but does not pay high, like a non profit? Remember Sonia was a social worker and took a lower paying job in the field because she loved her work. 

Assistant Director of Adult Community Residential Programs at Melmark  Sauce: linkedin

Edited by Jack Sampson
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kdawg82 said:

This. Listen for his cutesy upspeak lisp at times. Re watch the way he ran out of his wedding reception amid the wands or whatever people were shaking at him and Kate. He was flailing his hands around in that certain way. That solidified it for me I think-after the way he acted at the entire wedding and reception. I ALSO think he's an a**hole. People calling him out as gay is not meant to be an insult . Calling him an a**hole is. And if you think calling someone gay who isn't is damaging to their reputation, see:  being on "married at first sight." THAT, my friends, is the damaging reputation part. 

Would his Mother assume?  When he was reciting the vows, she had a certain look on her face.  Maybe doubt?

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:46 AM, OnTime said:

What is the deal with sloths?

First The Bachelor and now this show. Can anyone explain?

Weird, sloths are a huge design element at the 99 cent only store. I didn't get it there either.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

17 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

If Kate was that much of a follower, she would have gushed over the sloths hoping to win Luke over, she didn't and in general seemed irritated by him. 

Here's the deal with the smoking:

1. she lied about being a non-smoker

2.  she believed she could take it or leave it and found out she was wrong

3.  If she were into Luke he would never have known she smoked; at some point she decided she'd rather enjoy a cigarette because he wasn't worth it

I'm going with #3.  (This is all based on my/my friends' dating and smoking experiences in the 1990's)

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

Assistant Director of Adult Community Residential Programs at Melmark  Sauce: linkedin

Thanks! Do we know if it pays well. It seems more like a job you love over pay. I know where I live Utah, people in special education are the lowest paid(it gets me so sad to see a school dishwasher makes twice the salary of someone who works with severe special education kids). 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I don't understand the 50/50, 75/25 100/0 ratio that people need to bring up whether it's with bills or cleaning of the house or cooking or whatever. My husband prefers cooking and I prefer cleaning but if one of us is really tired that day then the other one will just cook and clean that night and when the other one if having a bad day or is tired.. then it'll be vice versa. Traditional gender roles don't make sense if both people are working. You both work all day, so you both take on some house chores. Why does everything always turn into a ratio

Because people want to feel like things are fair.  No one wants to get cheated in life on anything.  A 50/50 split on finances to start sounds reasonable, because it's like you're splitting the bills with a roommate.  Over time I'm sure people don't care as much because everything is combined.

As far as taking out garbage / doing dishes / cooking, who cares imo. 🙃

• Love 1

Here's my two cents on some of the individuals this season:

Kate--I wish they would've given her a makeover from head to toe. Her face is too small for all that hair & it doesn't appear that she combs/brushes it that often. I think she'd look prettier with a sharp stacked bob or a variety of other hairstyles other than the one she currently rocks. Also, she dresses too frumpy which makes her look bigger than she probably is. Who sleeps in knapsacks on their wedding night? The least she could've done is had a sexier looking night gown (it didn't have to be see through). She hides her shape in shapeless and very ugly clothing. Although her wedding dress was cute. All the other wives were dressed nicely at the meal where they all shared together while on their honeymoons....except Kate. She had on a frumpy looking dress. Unfortunately, her fashion style (or lack thereof) is also contributing to Luke not being attracted to her, IMHO.

Will--Since the first day I saw him at the wedding, he reminds me of Dr. Teeth, the keyboardist with the Sesame Street band. Will is ok but not attractive either. At least, he and Jasmine complement each other. He was really getting on my nerves too during the ATV outing. He needs to stop cracking dry jokes so much. I really think 95% of the time he really means what he says but after gauging her reactions, if she doesn't seem accepting of what he's said, he claims he's joking. That so called 'joking' is going to give them a lot of hardship in the near future.

Stephanie--My fiance' said that she looks like Beavis from Beavis and Butthead. Therefore, I can't stop seeing Beavis face and hearing his silly chuckle every time she's on camera.

Keith--Keith also has a huge mouth full of chompers (his teeth resembles those of Dr. Teeth). He's not attractive at all, IMHO. I can't wait to see if he invites Kristine to move in to his grandmother's house after they return from the honeymoon.

AJ--I initially felt a gay vibe from the first episode. He's a walking, talking bobble head. I see a lot of posters seem to think Luke is gay/bisexual/confused but to me, AJ displays more of those telltale mannerisms than Luke does. IMHO

Luke--He's the only guy that I think is attractive. I don't think the experts should have chosen him to participate simply because he's in the business of helping people find relationships so he's going to be very picky and opinionated.

Kristine--She's a pretty young lady but her wedding dress was fugly. I wonder is she aware there are tons of hair oils that will make her edges grow back?

Jasmine--I really like her, so far. She's pretty, too.

I can't believe none of the other couples specifically asked Luke and Kate more in depth questions about their union since they were like crickets while every one else was lively, joking and expressing feelings of joy and happiness about being matched together. I'm pretty sure the other couples recognized they were so very quiet. Unless it was edited out.

Edited by Lacy4u
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Lacy4u said:

Kate--I wish they would've given her a makeover from head to toe. Her face is too small for all that hair & it doesn't appear that she combs/brushes it that often. I think she'd look prettier with a sharp stacked bob or a variety of other hairstyles other than the one she currently rocks. Also, she dresses too frumpy which makes her look bigger than she probably is. Who sleeps in knapsacks on their wedding night? The least she could've done is had a sexier looking night gown (it didn't have to be see through). She hides her shape in shapeless and very ugly clothing. Although her wedding dress was cute. All the other wives were dressed nicely at the meal where they all shared together while on their honeymoons....except Kate. She had on a frumpy looking dress. Unfortunately, her fashion style (or lack thereof) is also contributing to Luke not being attracted to her, IMHO.

I seriously doubt Luke's issue is Kate's sense of style. Especially since his own style is so atrocious like that ridiculous bow-tie he wore on Unfiltered. He decided during the ceremony that he did not like her and he was going to be a jerk towards her. 

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

Especially since his own style is so atrocious like that ridiculous bow-tie he wore on Unfiltered.

You might think his sense of style is atrocious, but he definitely thinks he looks awesome......

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

You might think his sense of style is atrocious, but he definitely thinks he looks awesome......

I have no doubt that he thinks he looks awesome. But he also likely thinks that no one can tell he is being a jerk on tv. 

• Love 9

Oops! Please forgive me for planting that picture in your mind. At least now I'm not alone....

51 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

I seriously doubt Luke's issue is Kate's sense of style. Especially since his own style is so atrocious like that ridiculous bow-tie he wore on Unfiltered. He decided during the ceremony that he did not like her and he was going to be a jerk towards her. 

What I actually meant is she's making it easier for him to find even more fault with her because of how she dresses, wears her hair, etc. She's not even trying to make herself look more presentable. Some people just aren't instantly attracted to each other. I think all the other guys are probably glad they didn't get paired with her either.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Lacy4u said:

What I actually meant is she's making it easier for him to find even more fault with her because of how she dresses, wears her hair, etc. She's not even trying to make herself look more presentable. Some people just aren't instantly attracted to each other. I think all the other guys are probably glad they didn't get paired with her either.

So? Luke isn't making an effort, either. His haircut and beard are awful.  Luke's behavior is not acceptable for any reason I don't care if Kate decides to wear a plastic bag to the breakfast table, none of that justifies how he has treated her. And it wouldn't matter if she got a better wardrobe or haircut, he has already decided that he does not like her. And it had nothing to do with her clothing and everything to do with her not remembering what was probably a brief interaction with him at a speed dating event he was running. 

Edited by aphroditewitch
  • Love 9
On 1/16/2019 at 8:05 PM, Gem 10 said:

Neither did that kerchief she wore when she woke up the first morning she slept with him.  Tousled hair would have looked way prettier.

Most Black women wear scarves or bonnets to bed to protect our hair. It is not about fashion or what would look pretty waking up. Having dried, crunched up hair from just sleeping on a cotton pillowcase is far from delightful.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, qtpye said:

Breathing? I also find it hard to believe that she was that pleased when she had no memory of him at his speed dating event. He was running the thing.

Jas just does not seem to be into Will’s laidback personality. I think she wants a take charge kind of a guy like her father.

I was actually wondering if K actually brought her own satin pillowcase and that is why she did not need the head wrap.

The Queen’s weave looks kinda crunchy sometimes so maybe she doesn’t wear a wrap or a cap. And Jas having a cotton wrap is odd too. She has a weave too, right? She might not be as concerned about it as those of us that have to manage hair not in protective styles.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I don't know what's going on in his head but the fact is that everybody isn't out. Somewhere out there is a gay white man in a marriage to a WOMAN that's denying his entire reality because reasons. He might even live in Philly. 

Then work it out and not involve a woman in the charade. Today a woman needs to  be on board with the arrangement. 

If he’s  on this show to promote his business he’s sure not showing himself in a good light. 

• Love 4

My thoughts so far:

Jasmine and Will: Initially, I thought they would be the best match. I think Will is really attractive and seems like he is in a stable place in his life. However, I hated Jasmine's attitude towards being introvert (and that comment that introverts can't make jokes...). Everyone says they have good chemistry but I think they are kind of weird together, trying but not quite nailing it. And oh my god. I'm a woman and so embarrassed by Jasmine's attitude about gender roles. Why is it your prerogative not to pay for what you buy? Why does the man have to do more? I think Will's response was great: would she be ready to stay at home and make all the meals and clean everything? Still, these are things that the experts should have picked on right away. Come on! That's one of the most fundamental things there is. 

Keith and Kristine: They have so much sexual chemistry they might last for the 8-week-period of the show. They will not last for a long time because they are both spoiled and want the other to do the heavy lifting. They have completely different personalities. Kristine wanted a successful man with a six-pack, Keith wanted a low-key woman without hair extensions and long nails who cooks for him and takes care of his household. 

AJ and Stephanie: I love their attitude. AJ is no prize but Stephanie seems to really like him, which is great. They are cute so far but I cannot stand his constant jokes at all. However, in the long run, I think Stephanie is just too classy and too hot for him. I think he will do something boorish and gross like he did with the strippers, or he will be constantly drunk, and then he will complain she is too uptight.  Plus he was so clearly drunk in his wedding, tripping and stuttering. I would have run away and not look back before the I do's. 

Luke and Kate: Luke acts like he is better than everyone, reminding me of Dave last season. The only time he has been excited was with the sloths. MAybe he moves like them in a relationship? But why wasn't Kate more excited about animals? They were so cute! And she had a sour face on all the time in the sanctuary. Really? And for me personally, smoking would be a deal breaker, and I would be really angry if partner had just decided not to tell the experts about that. Luke's comment next week seems SO bad, but maybe there is a kind-of explanation for it? Maybe she tastes like cigarettes and that's why it's repulsive? I don't know, but if he really said that, then he is scum either way. God. 

If I were an expert, my top three questions to the participants would be: 1) Do you want kids and when? 2) What do you think about gender roles? 3) What kind of expectations do you have for the future (travelling, buying a house, moving abroad, staying home every night together doing nothing, starting a new firm, taking care of a lot of pets... anything big). What would your top three matchmaking criteria be? 

Oh, I forgot to mention that I really like the fact that not all participants are size 0. Jasmine and Kate are both gorgeous, and AJ and Keith don't want to exercise all the time. 

• Love 5

Folks, it is fine to speculate about whether a participant on the show might be gay, but please stick to the show, and not go far afield into why someone might stay closeted and general discussion of these issues. And please keep disagreement civil. Thanks!

• Love 5
8 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

So? Luke isn't making an effort, either. His haircut and beard are awful.  Luke's behavior is not acceptable for any reason I don't care if Kate decides to wear a plastic bag to the breakfast table, none of that justifies how he has treated her. And it wouldn't matter if she got a better wardrobe or haircut, he has already decided that he does not like her. And it had nothing to do with her clothing and everything to do with her not remembering what was probably a brief interaction with him at a speed dating event he was running. 

(edited)

Now that we have gotten our open palms spanked with a wooden ruler let's refocus our attention to... Stephanie and AJ...

Am liking Stephanie's open arms, open heart attitude and not letting AJ's turbo charged behavior overwhelm her... she is riding on a surfboard on a giant wave called AJ....the girl is hanging ten.....

AJ  is more palatable because of Stephanie's acceptance of him...he acknowledges his insecurities of body image, but it is Stephanie's indifference to his less than buff bod that makes him comfortable to be filmed in front of the camera to go snorkeling and swimming...

The AJ Show is not as annoying because he has the perfect foil...Stephanie thinks he is funny and is happily playing along as second banana...

Stephanie is deftly wrangling the herd of cats called AJ....

Stephanie is winning....

This relationship is AJ's to mess up or Stephanie tires of the spinning balls and plates that is AJ....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 7