Type keyword(s) to search

Temptation Island (2019) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I was surprised that things did not work out for Gavin & Esonica.  Maybe there was more to the relationship than what we saw on TV.  Gavin was mad as Hell at the Reunion.  Esonica said She and Kareem did not sleep together, I don't know if that was true or not.  Gavin seems "Head Strong" and did not want to listen once he saw them in bed together.

I knew Rick & Medina had a connection.  Kudos to Rick for stepping to KB about how he cursed Ashley G out on the show. 

Kate was the main one out of everybody that needed to move on but her behind is up there still sleeping with this dude. 

Rachel seems to really care about Casey and he does not see it.  Looks like Ben wasn't really that romantically interested in Ashley after all breaking up 2 days after the show was over.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, jblunt73 said:

I was surprised that things did not work out for Gavin & Esonica.  Maybe there was more to the relationship than what we saw on TV.  Gavin was mad as Hell at the Reunion.  Esonica said She and Kareem did not sleep together, I don't know if that was true or not.  Gavin seems "Head Strong" and did not want to listen once he saw them in bed together.

I knew Rick & Medina had a connection.  Kudos to Rick for stepping to KB about how he cursed Ashley G out on the show. 

Kate was the main one out of everybody that needed to move on but her behind is up there still sleeping with this dude. 

Rachel seems to really care about Casey and he does not see it.  Looks like Ben wasn't really that romantically interested in Ashley after all breaking up 2 days after the show was over.

Kareem did ask her if she liked that D. Ummmm

Oy! Bringing those successful couples from S1 out at the end only hammered home what a dysfunctional mess S2 was all around. No one (almost) has grown anywhere near the amount they think they have. 

Esonica - can't own up to the fact that she crossed a line on the island.

Gavin - very emotionally shut down. Cant admit how hurt he is. Both of them are hampered by their pride. 

David - sociopath is a good word

Kate - cant accept the reality that David is a sociopath. She may move on one day but not today. 

Ashley H - I believe Ben's version of things. She probably does need to be alone for a time. But eventually she'll end up with Casey.

Casey - not showing up may be part of his master plan to get Ashley back Cuz its Casey's world and we are all just pawns in his game. 

Ashley G - rude ugly person. She and KB deserve each other. It's probably hard to tell but I don't like her. Sorry if folks are giving you a hard time on SM. Thanks to you showing your true self at the reunion I'm sure that will no longer be a problem.

Rick - you da man

Singles - few surprises. The shit stirrers on the island are shit stirrers in real life. Shut up Payton!  Shut up Samantha! Shut up KB! And because it cant be said enough - Shut up Payton!  Okay Medinah and Toneata - you two at least behaved maturely and respectfully at the reunion. Slight redemption. Rachel seems like a kind and decent young woman. But do something about the super dark eyebrows with the platinum hair. Very distracting. 

Was this the first TI reunion special ever? It was definitely entertaining but in some ways does not serve the show well as it starkly displays how nothing happening during the course of the actual show is real. It's all a fragile house of cards that collapses quite quickly once these people return to the real world. The Wizard didn't seem quite so impressive once Dorothy pulled back the curtain and ruined the illusion. The success of Reality Television depends in part on no one pointing out the oxymoron. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, jblunt73 said:

Stunned that Kate went back to David. OMG really?? (Plus I think Dom is dreamy)Thrilled that Rick dumped bitchy Ashleys ass--what a nasty person she is. Gavin knew Esonica left with Dom, so why did he have such an attitude about it? Its obvious despite his words, Gavin hasnt changed at all and I really feel bad for Esonica. Ok the main one Ashley---this is a girl who is needy and insecure and should never have left with someone else--my biggest fear os she will get back with Casey since they have already "kissed". These women really need to learn that being on your own is a good thing. LOVE yourself before you fall for someone else. very disappointing reunion.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

Stunned that Kate went back to David. OMG really?? (Plus I think Dom is dreamy)Thrilled that Rick dumped bitchy Ashleys ass--what a nasty person she is. Gavin knew Esonica left with Dom, so why did he have such an attitude about it? Its obvious despite his words, Gavin hasnt changed at all and I really feel bad for Esonica. Ok the main one Ashley---this is a girl who is needy and insecure and should never have left with someone else--my biggest fear os she will get back with Casey since they have already "kissed". These women really need to learn that being on your own is a good thing. LOVE yourself before you fall for someone else. very disappointing reunion.

I do feel bad for Esonica too but Gavin felt betrayed based on things he saw later.  She should probably just give him his time to feel what he needs to feel.   He has that right.  
I was so relieved (but not surprised) that Rick left Ashley.  It’s clear to me that she just wanted a ring on her finger and when she didn’t get that she threw a baby tantrum.   She is a horrible person.   OTOH, I was actually very impressed by Medinah.  She was pretty pushy on the island, but here she seemed like the rational one.  

Kate and David - there are no words.  He will continue to lie to her and continue to cheat on her.  She will close her eyes to it every time.  Poor Dom...but I’m glad he saw it now before he got really hurt.   

Ben and Ashley - Admittedly that was the saddest part of the whole reunion.  I was so proud of the way she held herself at the final bonfire but then she seemed to go backwards.   She needs to space herself away from Casey and actually be alone.   My guess? She will end up hooking up with one or both of them.  I read an interview with Ben where he basically said that he knew it was a red flag when Ashley said that she had never been without a boyfriend for more than a 3-4 month period.  He should have paid attention to that red flag and just tried to build a foundation as friends. 

• Love 6

I too was floored Kate went back to David.  I wasn’t impressed with Toneata on the island, so was surprised she figured David out pretty quickly after the show wrapped.  Sociopath is right, David has no concern for anyone but himself and lies so easily.

UO, but I’m on Gavin’s side.  He was respectful on the show and she broke the no kissing and others in your room rule.  At the bonfire he accepted her decision to leave with someone else and even mentioned being friends.  Sounds like her lying about what really went on was the final straw and I don’t blame him.  Plus, they seem like nice people but aren’t a good complement to each other so best they are done and can find a better partner.

Ben is too mature for Ashley.  I believe his version of events.  I like Ben and would like to see him on reality TV again.

I’m not a Rick fan like most of this board, but give him major props for calling out KB on his bad behavior towards Ashley.  KB is a really ugly person on the inside and needs to be a hermit and not inflict his horrible personality on the rest of us.

Wish they had done a post reunion update as I wonder about the above poster’s theory about Ashley and Casey continuing to hook up.

• Love 8

Kate, Kate, Kate. Poor dumb Kate. Run fast girl. David is the living worst.  When she questioned him about the Samantha thing,  I heard him push back at her that he was hurt she was even questioning him. That's right from the abusers handbook. Shifting blame. Ugh. 

Also... Ashley G... oy. That chick is exhausting.  

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Sarahsmile416 said:

I do feel bad for Esonica too but Gavin felt betrayed based on things he saw later.  She should probably just give him his time to feel what he needs to feel.   He has that right.  
I was so relieved (but not surprised) that Rick left Ashley.  It’s clear to me that she just wanted a ring on her finger and when she didn’t get that she threw a baby tantrum.   She is a horrible person.   OTOH, I was actually very impressed by Medinah.  She was pretty pushy on the island, but here she seemed like the rational one.  

Kate and David - there are no words.  He will continue to lie to her and continue to cheat on her.  She will close her eyes to it every time.  Poor Dom...but I’m glad he saw it now before he got really hurt.   

Ben and Ashley - Admittedly that was the saddest part of the whole reunion.  I was so proud of the way she held herself at the final bonfire but then she seemed to go backwards.   She needs to space herself away from Casey and actually be alone.   My guess? She will end up hooking up with one or both of them.  I read an interview with Ben where he basically said that he knew it was a red flag when Ashley said that she had never been without a boyfriend for more than a 3-4 month period.  He should have paid attention to that red flag and just tried to build a foundation as friends. 

I said weeks ago ashley could crow all she wants "Oh now Im so strong, blah blah, she is a girl who feels like nothing unless she has a man" its a shame really. 

• Love 1
On 12/16/2019 at 6:37 PM, sd dude said:

I don't think Ashley G has grown a whit. When Mark asked her for her decision and she asked Rick if he would go first, I was 100% over her for good. What a coward. I'm sorry Rick forgave her and decided to leave with her but I guess he really does love her. I can only wonder why. 

Stockholm Syndrome?  LOL

Ugh, David crying snot onto Kate’s shoulder when they said goodbye was disgusting. I was hoping Mark would run over with a tissue to wipe it off. 
I would have turned down my boyfriend’s proposal too if he showed up in a lavender shirt and gold pants.  Is Casey color blind or does he just have bad fashion sense? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

Ugh, David crying snot onto Kate’s shoulder when they said goodbye was disgusting. I was hoping Mark would run over with a tissue to wipe it off. 
I would have turned down my boyfriend’s proposal too if he showed up in a lavender shirt and gold pants.  Is Casey color blind or does he just have bad fashion sense? 

I would turn down anyone who called me “baby baby” 🤮

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Sarahsmile416 said:

2 hours ago, Sarahsmile416 said:

How could I forget!  Absolutely awful.  

• Love 1

I wish they had a week between the finale and reunion so we could at least feel they had some happily ever after endings but, um EVERYONE ended breaking up?!? Oh, Ashley, you gave up the proposal you always wanted for a weekend in Arizona? {sad trombone} And, Kate, I guess you should have let David give you his full annotated rundown at the bonfire. He was perfectly ready to give you the who, what, when, where, why, and how like a Pulitzer Prize winning reporter when he thought he was just rubbing it in and moving on with Toneta, but she quickly saw through his manipulative BS and sad sack Kate took him right back. Kate will never get the truth from him yet she also wants to play dumb and not believe what the girls themselves and other witnesses are saying. So, dumb Kate, you’re bringing this on yourself so you have no sympathy from me! Instead, I have empathy for that sweet temptor (why am I forgetting his name?) of hers. He’s a class act. I also like Esconcia’s temptor. Rick also came out of this show looking okay. Even Medina was surprisingly “well adjusted.” The rest of these people are a mess! Speaking of messes, I loved during the bonfire David’s snot dripping down Kate’s entire back; then Mark giving Kate a hug and patting her directly on the snot! Second best hug was Casey sobbing into Mark for like a solid 5 minutes. Oh, I also loved Mark interrupting Casey’s proposal! Mid-sentence: Okay, okay, you had your turn, shut up and listen now! I mean 35,000 “babies” later, I can see why he needed to shut that down: Baby, be my baby baby forever baby till baby do we baby...

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I also love David playing the "exact words" game and using that as evidence of his rigorous honesty. "I said that I didn't do anything with anyone else while we were filming." Unspoken piece: "you never asked me what happened in the audio room off camera and off mic. I mean jeez Kate, unjustifiably call me a liar why don't you. It hurts me terribly and unfairly but I'll let it go because I know you'll let me bang that rockin bod  no matter who else I screw until I'm done with you.  You too Samantha."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I was like "Kate you saw him with 2 women in his bed--does it really matter if he kissed some other girl? She is so depressing to me. and she gave up DOM!!!!!

so what is with everyone moving to LA after these reality shows? Isnt LA super expensive to live at?? what do they do for money besides instagram? its so interesting to me how many reality show folks move there, it seems crazy.

by the way, listened to reality steves podcast yesterday and Ashley (the one with Rick) has quite the foul mouth and attitude. :::shudder::: I think she and KB might be a match made in heaven.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Both Ashley’s were on Reality Steve’s podcast (separately).  Both of them moved to LA and are roommates.  Ashley G felt it would be easier to get past her relationship with Rick if she wasn’t running into him in Boston, though he still calls her from time to time. An interesting thing she told was that during the first bonfire Ric wasn’t shown that clip of her and KD having sex.  Instead he saw a clip of them walking out of the bathroom in bathrobes so he was left to draw his own conclusion. The damning clip was inserted later by production.  That’s why he asked her at the final bonfire if she had sex with KD.  Her problem with Medina started out with Medina reaching out to her after filming and trying to be friendly, then tagging Ashley on Instagram. Ric told Ashley it’s ok to be friendly so Ashley started following her at which time Medinah then started posting provocative pics (with or without Ric) and making nasty comments about Ashley G.  Ashley H had a  lot of negative stuff to say about Ben, and that she was going to go You Tube and spill all of it.  She also said that the main reason Casey didnt do the reunion show is that he had a problem with production.  He felt they purposely gave him a bad edit and said they edited it to make it look like he said things he didn’t really say.  He’s still trying to get her to come back but she isn’t interested in relationships now.  Steve said that three weeks ago Kate reached out to him and said she was looking forward to being on his podcast but when he reached out to set something up he never heard back.  The girls said that Esonica and Kate are planning a visit to LA to hangout with them.  Ashley G said she hangs out a lot with Jose (the guy she went on the golf date with). They’ve become really good friends. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

Whatever. Most of these people just want to be on tv. I feel nothing for them one way or another at this point.

I have a friend who was with one of the singles on the OG temptation island. She was an actress trying to get seen on TV. That's all she viewed it as and he was fine with it. Reality shows rarely casts real people anymore. Yes, they are real human beings but they aren't casting genuine people. They are using casting calls in LA and trying to find the flashiest people possible. So, that's why I don't care about crap like reality Steve. I don't care about hearing these people trying to clear their name or extend their fame.

I just enjoy the drama as is and let it go when it's over. I won't think about these people again. I won't seek out anything else about them.

The reunion was delicious and was befitting of a bunch of people who signed up for such a ridiculous concept.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, GeminiDancer said:

Ben did an AMA on the Temptation Island subreddit and broke down what happened between him and Ashley H. I definitely believe Ben over Ashley, by far. Home girl needs to learn how to be alone for a while.

I read an interview, probably similar regarding Ben on Ashley and I agree with you.  I tend to believe Ben over Ashley.  Though we tend to forget, she is still fairly young.  Kate, who has a good 9-10 years on her has no such excuse.  

• Love 1
On 12/19/2019 at 10:48 PM, Elligirl said:

I'm surprised no one is commenting.  This reunion is crazy! 

My DVD didn't tape it.  I'm so pissed.  Maybe next Thursday?

I found "another way" to watch it.  I loved every minute.

I have to admit Medinah looked amazing.

Kate got implants, yes?

Esonica is soooooooooooo freaking B E A U T I F U L.

Rick is extremely cool. 

I didn't really "get" Gavin on the island but I get him more now as the show is winding down.  I just have no idea why he and Esonica were even together.  They seem so different and not into each other.  I don't know.

Still selfishly hoping that Javen is single again someday.

I love how Mark just HATES David and doesn't give a fuck about what he has to say at all.  ahahahahahahahha.  Maybe he feels the same about Ashley too (the one who cheated with KB).

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Kate got implants, yes?

Rick is extremely cool. 

I didn't really "get" Gavin on the island but I get him more now as the show is winding down.  I just have no idea why he and Esonica were even together.  They seem so different and not into each other.  I don't know.

I love how Mark just HATES David and doesn't give a fuck about what he has to say at all.  ahahahahahahahha.  Maybe he feels the same about Ashley too (the one who cheated with KB).

The way Mark said back to David, 1 million percent huh? Slayed me.

I have YouTube tv. At first I couldn't find my taping. But, the two hours were taped together so I missed it at first. I was annoyed because I thought I was going to have to watch on demand. No thanks.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Kate got implants, yes?

Rick is extremely cool. 

did not notce implants on Kate. still puzzlimg how with all he did she is wondering if he kissed some girl.

Yes to Javen he is sooo good looking.

read the ben interview and apparently within days Ashley was complaining he wasnt paying enough attention to her. The girl is obsessed with her ass (lol) and obsessed with needing someone all over her every second. I knew when she said "she was stronger" was just code for "I found someone else". I think she will end up with Casey. I do wonder how many times did Rck cheat that Ashley flipped after the "cuff" moment. It was not as bad as what casey swore he didnt say ,lol.

• Love 3

Finally got around to watching the finale and the reunion and then found some time to post here, so here are my thoughts:

In general, the only real surprise was that somehow Kate did a 1,000 steps back and is trying to work things out with David?  So, all of her "growth" and words at the final bonfire meant nothing.  She needed to fly back home, pack up her stuff and move out ASAP or throw all of his stuff out a window and onto the street/curb.  You knew the Toneate relationship wasn't going to last but i laughed at how Toneata said that David was trying to use her to become an actor.  I also was laughing at the whole thing when the singles were saying what David did (like sleeping with Samantha).  David's excuse was "i don't remember doing that so it didn't happen", because I'm sure the only time he drank and got blackout drunk was that 1 time......But maybe someone can answer this, I thought when Samantha said she slept with David that was during the show, but someone else said that it was post-show.  Anyone else have an opinion there of during vs. post?

For Gavin and Esonica, I read something the other day that Gavin claims that the guys were forced to binge watch the entire season right before the finale and that Gavin saw things that Esonica didn't tell him about and that's why he was particularly not nice towards her.  I think it was said that Esonica slept with Kareem.  So, given that Gavin technically followed their rules and she didn't, i can see why he got made.  The article was also talking about how most people sided with Esonica overall.  To me, I didn't feel attached to either and really didn't care, so I didn't have a side I was rooting for.  Gavin also said that Esonica played things up on the show vs. how she really is in the real world.

For all the talk about how there was going to be a much worse cringeworthy scene at the final bonfire, I still think Kaci from last year was far worse than Casey this year.  Casey was embarrassed but I mean, come on, read the room.  Ashley was giving you clear signs that she wanted no part of you, so proposing was just going to make you look stupid.  I also did hear Ashley on Reality Steve and I will watch her youtube video to listen to her story but I'll look for the article that tells Ben's side and then I'll make up my mind as to who I believe more.  I'm guessing that Ben did also play things up a bit and maybe just saw this as a contest and once he "won" was like, ok, i'm over this, back to the real world.  I do agree that Ashley does really need to stay single for awhile to work on herself.  But I doubt it happens.  I'd speculate she finds a guy sooner rather than later and is back in a relationship.  I don't think she'll reconcile with Casey as Ashley does live in LA and Casey is in Florida.  So the long distance thing won't work for them.  The 2 Ashley's also live together and honestly, I don't see how they can co-exist as roommates.  Additionally, I do agree that Ashley is obsessed with her butt as she refers to herself as Assley.  But some people are into that, not me, but obviously, there are people out there that find it attractive.

As for Ashley G and Rick, I feel that Ashley just plays out a stereotype for that type of woman.  Also, i found it total BS that the show showed us the clip of KB and her having sex but didn't show that to Rick and showed him a different clip.  That is totally not right for flat out lying to the audience.  It makes sense though because Rick shouldn't have needed to ask at the final bonfire, the thrusting was quite clear in the clip.  I'm not surprised if Rick has decided to make a go of it with Medinah, but I don't see them lasting either.

Lastly, I think the casting episode pretty much showed us a sneak peek into what they're looking for.  They're clearly going to target certain types of people.  Last season, they said they specifically targeted people that the couple would normally be interested in.  This season, for the singles, they just targeted who would be the most fun for the show.  It also sounds that Casey has been posting at how fake the show is via editing but it's like, that's nothing new.  Reality tv has been around for what, 15 years or so?  I mean, who doesn't know that like 99% of reality tv is fake and editted to portray certain narratives or even manufacturing certain "storylines".  This is nothing new, so he can complain all he wants but it's nothing earth shattering that he's saying.

I'll still try to follow up on these people's status as of today but I don't see how any of them are going to turn this into a career of any sort.  Enjoy your 5 min of fame as it should just fade pretty soon.   

• Love 3

Nice non-apology there, David: "I'm sorry if I hurt you."  

Me, several times during the reunion: "Please get over yourself and shut the hell up, Payton! You are not all that, even without those fugly glasses."

Edited by Scout Finch
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, dochielomn said:

But maybe someone can answer this, I thought when Samantha said she slept with David that was during the show, but someone else said that it was post-show.

Sam and David kissed during the show and David lied about it.  I think at the reunion Kate was hung about David’s lie, not the kiss.  Post show David and Sam slept together, again David lied about it.  

Sam also said she that she misspoke when she said Ashley and Casey slept together.  Casey texted Sam that they “hooked up” and Sam assumed that meant sex.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Booger666 said:

Sam and David kissed during the show and David lied about it.  I think at the reunion Kate was hung about David’s lie, not the kiss.  Post show David and Sam slept together, again David lied about it.

Yes the former was the part where David not only lied, but then tried to rely on wordplay to defend the fact that he had never lied. He responded to Kate's probing at the reunion by saying that he told her everything and was withholding nothing that happened during filming. The kiss with Sam happened when the two of them were in the producers audio room off camera waiting to get mic'ed. This of course only irritated Kate even more, after which she probably went home with him and had sex in order to calm her nerves.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Reality Steve has the most cringeworthy podcast ever with Dom and Samantha up. Dom talks about having sex with Kate and having to use Plan B, etc. Also, it sounds like Sam and David allegedly hooked up after the show ended, hence her comment about the balcony at the reunion show. This show makes the Bachelor look like Shakespeare in the park. 

• LOL 2

Thanks @Booger666 and @sd dude, Reality Steve interviewed both Samantha and Dom and Samantha did say that she slept with David after the show had concluded.  Dom's interview contained some whoppers though.  First he says that the way the storyline was edited between him and Kate made it seem like Kate was totally not interested when it sounds like the exact opposite was true (at least according to him).  He then went on to say that him and Kate did sleep together at the final date and didn't use protection and that Kate was basically tightening her grip on him when he was telling her he was about to finish, so almost made it seem like she was trying to get pregnant possibly?  Dom also said that Esonica filmed 2 endings, 1 where she left with Kareem and 1 where she left with Gavin.  I mean, WHAT?  Don't care if she was confused, it's called make a decision and go from there.  Just more to pile on as to why Gavin would have been so mad at her later on.

To me, listening to Dom's interview, and if I believe it to be 100% true, then I've lost a ton of respect for Kate, especially for her going back to David and trying to work things out.  Dom also claims that all of Kate's "inner strength" was him just feeding her lines essentially.  So, it seems like Kate really doesn't have a lot and then that can kind of explain why she's trying to work it out with David.  Additionally, we know that Kate cheated on a previous husband and Dom suspects that she cheated with David, so maybe that's another reason why she is still clinging to David if she broke up her marriage for him already. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, dochielomn said:

Dom also said that Esonica filmed 2 endings, 1 where she left with Kareem and 1 where she left with Gavin.

I see no reason to doubt this claim, but it is yet another nail in the coffin that demonstrates that the events and the outcomes on the this show that the viewer actually sees are carefully orchestrated, far from spontaneous or organic, and hardly reflect "reality".  Another great example mentioned somewhere above in the thread is that the viewers saw Rick at a bonfire watching a clip of Ashley and KB in her bed in flagrante delicto only for us to find out after the show that Rick was shown a completely different clip at the bonfire that left him confused as to what really was going on between those two. I think everyone on this board knows intuitively that there is nothing real about reality television, but nevertheless I find myself often getting caught up in the manufactured drama and thinking that what is happening before my eyes actually played out the way it is portrayed, and assuming the characters of the individuals being portrayed reflect who they actually are in real life.  Generally, none of that is true.  I can't say I won't watch this show again, because honestly, I love it and I hate that I love it and I love to hate that I love it.  It's the cheapest and most sordid of shows on TV and undeniably very entertaining.

I'd like to commit to just enjoying the show moving forward for what it is - a partly unscripted relationship drama, and do my best to avoid forming judgements about the real-life "actors" who appear, since their motivations for being there have little connection to the purposes claimed, and the way they are portrayed bears only partial resemblance at best to what actually happened.  And the "actors" do have very little control over how they ultimately appear on my TV screen.  That being said, this is the reason I prefer to have no exposure to Reality Steve and other interviews, SM posts, etc. that the "actors" engage in while the episodes are still airing.  I'd prefer nothing interfere with my fantasy reality until the full story plays out.  Once the final episode airs, hell, let's tear the house of cards apart.

• Love 3

1. I agree with folks who called Dom out on his unnecessarily detailed description of his intimate activities with Kate. Not cool, I don't care how hurt or angry you might feel about how things turned out.

2. Go check out Kate Griffith's (or David Benadivez's) latest post on Instagram. Good luck, you two lovebirds. Also: Maybe Dave has a magic peen, is that it?

• Useful 2
On 12/31/2019 at 12:58 PM, sd dude said:

I see no reason to doubt this claim, but it is yet another nail in the coffin that demonstrates that the events and the outcomes on the this show that the viewer actually sees are carefully orchestrated, far from spontaneous or organic, and hardly reflect "reality".  Another great example mentioned somewhere above in the thread is that the viewers saw Rick at a bonfire watching a clip of Ashley and KB in her bed in flagrante delicto only for us to find out after the show that Rick was shown a completely different clip at the bonfire that left him confused as to what really was going on between those two. I think everyone on this board knows intuitively that there is nothing real about reality television, but nevertheless I find myself often getting caught up in the manufactured drama and thinking that what is happening before my eyes actually played out the way it is portrayed, and assuming the characters of the individuals being portrayed reflect who they actually are in real life.  Generally, none of that is true.  I can't say I won't watch this show again, because honestly, I love it and I hate that I love it and I love to hate that I love it.  It's the cheapest and most sordid of shows on TV and undeniably very entertaining.

So I kind of agree with this.  I know this is "trash tv" but I still enjoy it.  I also wonder if I ever went on a show like this, if i'm watching clips, am i smart enough to say to myself "you know these things are edited as hell and designed to make me think or feel a certain way when in reality I have no clue what the actual context of the clip is".  I'm guessing if someone did that, they would stop taping and instruct the person that they needed a better reaction.  I have a friend who claims he had a relative go on Wheel of Fortune and they got a bankrupt spin and they were nonchalant about it and then the taping was stopped and they were told that they needed a better reaction and re-did it.  

As for Kate and David, yeah, I saw an article yesterday about how they were posting on some social media that they are moving past everything and basically a giant F U to all of the haters so to speak.  I mean, in the grand scheme of things, whatever.  Basically, the same way that I don't really care what's going on with the season 1 couples/singles as I don't follow them nor do I look to find stories about them either.  People just going on tv, grab a paycheck, and then try to cling to their 15min of fame as much as possible.  For example, i watched Ashley H's explanation (via her youtube channel) as to why her and Ben are no longer together or what happened after the show ended and at the end of her video she said to leave comments about what other TV show she should go on.  And I'm thinking, how about you get a real job and not try to be on random reality shows.  Those will only pay the bills for so long and then what do you have to fall back on?  Yup, some people these days....

Edited by dochielomn
  • Love 4

Well that Reunion show really shot holes in the entire season huh?

What happened to all the 'strong, evolved, growing' that supposedly happened? None of the island relationships survived even just to the Reunion. Then we also see Kate of all people has gone back to (or never really left) David! With documented examples of his having sex with multiple women (three at a time even!). Wow.

It also would seem that, as people have said, Casey will soon manipulate his way back into his prior relationship as well (if he hasn't already!)

As is with any 'reality' TV I watch, I don't really care about what happens with people at the end and the details are already getting fuzzy... but damn the producers must feel like this one ended with repeated kicks in the groin.

I wonder who be on the island next to "grow" and then go crawling back to their dysfunctional relationships afterward?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

It’s all over between last season’s Morgan and Evan.  Kaci has taken the high road and is telling Morgan haters to be kind and is being supportive of her.

image.jpeg.18d6249f447fedad934ed97ce1ac6521.jpeg

Wow. I am shocked. Lol! Evan is such a douche. I thought Morgan's love made him shit rose petals & whatnot.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Sad to say, I'm still slightly skeptical about this.  I saw an article about this over the weekend and my first reaction was more like "hhmm, i wonder if this is all pretend in order for them to get on another reality show".  So, on one hand, I can be skeptical about the truth but on the other hand, Evan does seem the type that he could cheat and the way social media works, you get a smidge of fame and it's a lot easier for random people to send private messages back and forth....

• Useful 1

I just binged the first season due to quarantine boredom. I doubt I have any new commentary on the couples and don’t want to read ten pages of discussion to find out. Lol. 

Does anyone know if there’s some legal reason why all of these kinds of shows front like they’re about finding true love? I’ve watched them all (The Bachelor, Joe Millionaire, Ex on the Beach, Love Island). Why can’t they just say, “Look, you’re all young and attractive. You signed up for this show and now we’re going to mess with you for entertainment.” It just seem more honest than when these hosts (and Chris Harrison is the worst) try to pretend it’s about finding love. It’s also kind of creepy. 

And they need to find a way to get more people involved in the show. I didn’t even learn the names of 90% of the contestants because nobody even talked to them. At least the eliminations were fast (if not pretty unremarkable). 

Morgan is spilling the tea on Evan.  According to her:  he said he would come into a large inheritance from his father’s estate in 2020, she paid for everything and he kept saying he would pay her back in 2020 with the inheritance $, there was no inheritance and he conveniently broke up with her in Dec of 2019.  He would scratch up the strip on his CC so that when they were together he would make an attempt to pay, CC wouldn’t work and she would have to pay. He said he never had any money because he had to help support his mom and bro in HI.  After they broke up Morgan talked to his mom and mom says she never received any $$ from Evan, and the truth is that she still helps support him.  Evan is a narcissist.  

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

Morgan is spilling the tea on Evan.  According to her:  he said he would come into a large inheritance from his father’s estate in 2020, she paid for everything and he kept saying he would pay her back in 2020 with the inheritance $, there was no inheritance and he conveniently broke up with her in Dec of 2019.  He would scratch up the strip on his CC so that when they were together he would make an attempt to pay, CC wouldn’t work and she would have to pay. He said he never had any money because he had to help support his mom and bro in HI.  After they broke up Morgan talked to his mom and mom says she never received any $$ from Evan, and the truth is that she still helps support him.  Evan is a narcissist.  

Lol. Everyone can immediately call up all the red flags as soon as the relationship ends but it’s remarkable what people will put up with and how long they’ll put up with it before ending things. I’ve definitely fallen for the wrong people, but I also have a bullshit detector that keeps people at arms length if their actions don’t match their words. 

On 8/22/2020 at 7:34 AM, Suzysite said:

Temptation Island 3 was set to begin filming soon in Maui.  However, due to Covid concerns the mayor has forced production to be postponed.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/08/20/first-major-television-production-since-pandemic-started-slated-maui/

I heard that Kaci Campbell was interviewed on reality Steve and that she will appear on season 3.? Am i the only person who thinks kaci needs to move on with her life? Anyway, would love to see another season, but no kaci as nice as she seems

• Love 3
On 8/22/2020 at 7:34 AM, Suzysite said:

Temptation Island 3 was set to begin filming soon in Maui.  However, due to Covid concerns the mayor has forced production to be postponed.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/08/20/first-major-television-production-since-pandemic-started-slated-maui/

reality steve had yet another podcast with kaci Campbell, and some teaser that she was going to appear on that season? I just cant listen to it. she seems to be a nice girl but thirsty with a capital T. wasnt her breakup with Evan years ago? sad.

• Love 1