Type keyword(s) to search

Station 19 - General Discussion

Aethera
  • Start Topic

On 5/11/2023 at 10:31 PM, BooksRule said:

Sorry, but I had to laugh when Maya went spinning around on that roller.  Just hanging there.  I thought they had already done that bit on this show, but I think it was '9-1-1' that had the car wash guy get caught and they watched the video of him going round and round.

This was the best part of the episode.  It was just amusing and wacky.  It's so much better than watching a bunch of unprofessional fire fighters try to rescue people from a car wash.  

Seriously, Herrera and Sullivan, it is not showing leadership to disobey your captain repeatedly.  The same with Vic.  I know she had a good reason to run off, but what does it say that she can just run off from her shift without any real concern about discipline or punishment?  I think the most realistic outcome of the Captain race is that most of the senior people at Station 19 are fired and replaced with less insubordinate people. 

• Applause 3
9 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

The same with Vic.  I know she had a good reason to run off, but what does it say that she can just run off from her shift without any real concern about discipline or punishment? 

Vic tried to voice her concerns about Beckett to Theo multiple times and he's disagreed with her every time. If she told him that she was concerned about Beckett's safety, especially with how snippy Theo's been to Vic, I don't think he would have listened and then there'd be news of Beckett's suicide the next day. I think, in this case, she had to disobey Theo to save someone's life. I don't think she was thinking punishment because the alternative would be to have guilt about Beckett if he did commit suicide and she DIDN'T go check on him. I think that would have been a worse punishment. 

Plus, she still did frame it in a way where it was about Crisis One. She was doing a welfare check on someone she thought needed it. So, maybe in a morally grey area, but I think when it comes to someone being in immediate danger, and if it's not endangering any other lives, I think what Vic did was fine and she shouldn't be punished, as Theo was never going to let her go check on Beckett if she told the truth. She could have spent an hour making her case to Theo, sure, but Vic didn't even know if Beckett was still alive, at that point. In her mind, every second counted so she did what was the right thing, as Theo has been specifically mean toward her (we know because he's been laughing with everyone else but particular harsh with her).

I did like the Vic/Beckett scenes. I haven't liked Beckett that much but he isn't worse than Dixon and I do think they did a good job here adding some sympathy to his character. They've given the actor a lot to work with these past few episodes and they've done a good job.

I'm not necessarily begging for him back, but now I'm not opposed if he returns next season.

Maya/Carina officially get back together. About damn time, I guess? I dunno, I don't care for the couple at all so I'm just glad that drama is over (though I am appreciative that they took their time with them rekindling things).

Jack's bio sister finds his foster sister for him! That was a very sweet moment.

I did like Ben's plot, especially with Reggie coming by during Ben's "I don't want the award" crisis and reassured him that he does, in fact, save lives, even if he couldn't save the one.

The Theo/Vic/Sullivan vying for captaincy is annoying already. All three of them have made massive mistakes and theoretically aren't ready to be captain, but then again, there's no good answers beyond looking at an outsider again (but look how well that went). My prediction is that they do want Andy as the final captain for the show, but they'll do one more fake-out where someone else steps into the role. I don't think it'll be Theo, but I can't imagine Ross would hand the job to Sullivan. So I'm at a loss. There are only three options as it stands now:

1. Theo gets assigned as permanent captain and we see him get worse toward Vic. He will eventually lose the job but I don't think he'll have someone killed under his watch again.

2. Andy gets assigned as permanent captain and they stop stalling again.

3. They decide to throw a curveball and give it to Sullivan after everyone basically writing him off because Ross doesn't want people dictating her job for her (this is the least likely scenario; I don't think this would happen).

Nobody else wants it, and Ross choosing someone not in the running would be ridiculous.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Vic tried to voice her concerns about Beckett to Theo multiple times and he's disagreed with her every time. If she told him that she was concerned about Beckett's safety, especially with how snippy Theo's been to Vic, I don't think he would have listened and then there'd be news of Beckett's suicide the next day. I think, in this case, she had to disobey Theo to save someone's life. I don't think she was thinking punishment because the alternative would be to have guilt about Beckett if he did commit suicide and she DIDN'T go check on him. I think that would have been a worse punishment. 

Vic isn't the only answer to the issue.  If she had concerns, she could have reported them to an actual trained professional, like Diane.  It's just like when they thought Beckett was drunk on the job, and instead of reporting him, like would be appropriate, they staged a mutiny during a fire and put civilians and themselves in danger because they decided they were the ones who could solve the problem.  I just get tired of the characters being insubordinate, then retroactively justifying their insubordination.   

• Like 5
1 hour ago, txhorns79 said:

Vic isn't the only answer to the issue.  If she had concerns, she could have reported them to an actual trained professional, like Diane.  It's just like when they thought Beckett was drunk on the job, and instead of reporting him, like would be appropriate, they staged a mutiny during a fire and put civilians and themselves in danger because they decided they were the ones who could solve the problem.  I just get tired of the characters being insubordinate, then retroactively justifying their insubordination.   

You're not wrong about insubordination; Station 19, as well as Grey's, is horrible when it comes to people following the rules. These shows love to lean on disobedience more often than not. I think they think it's fun drama, or something, when it's just an easy plot to go to when the show has run out of ideas. "Oh, who's going to break protocol this episode? Let's spin a wheel and find out! Oh, it's landed on Andy and....Vic this time! Now let's spin a wheel to find out why!"

And, sure, what Vic did was not following the rules. But when she thought she might be too late to save Beckett, I kind of get why she felt like every second counted. If Theo wasn't being so difficult (yes, Theo's been following the rules to a T but has also been taking out whatever issues he has on Vic), she might have gone to ask him first and he would have surely given her permission to go check on him. If she went to contact Diane, maybe Vic felt like it would have been too late. You could see Vic rushing to get out of the station the moment things clicked into place; she barely listened to Theo as she was throwing out a lie to get out of there. Yes, she broke the rules, technically, but I think any person would have done the same if they figured out someone's life was possibly in immediate danger. I think that's when I think rule breaking is 100% ok, because someone's death isn't going to wait for the higher ups to clear someone or give someone permission to leave work. 

Though I also get how this argument doesn't work when we see these firefighters breaking the rules on shift to save someone's life. In those cases, however, breaking the rules there is usually at the cost of endangering more lives in the process (such as the car wash incident). 

I guess I just think, out of all the insubordination, Vic was right in doing what she did with the information she had at the time. She recognized the signs of suicide and decided to risk being wrong and getting punished than have a dead firefighter on her conscience. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

My personal opinion (totally unfounded on facts) is that Ross will end up making Ben the captain.  I don't even think he's qualified but I think she sees him as a true leader and mature.

But like I said - totally unfounded on facts.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, RoxiP said:

Ross will end up making Ben the captain

He's not even a lieutenant yet so if he were to leap frog over everyone, I doubt that would be accepted by anyone, including Warren.  

19 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

He's not even a lieutenant yet so if he were to leap frog over everyone, I doubt that would be accepted by anyone, including Warren.  

Well I did say it was totally unfounded on facts...LOL!

I honestly don't think Theo would have given Vic permission to go and check on Beckett.  I don't think he has the foresight to see that Beckett might be in trouble - right now Theo is focused on running his own agenda and that might be his downfall as a captain - he is so focused on that that he will make mistakes by not seeing the whole picture.

I want Ross's job to be saved and I hope the new mayor steps up but I'm not sure he's not going to bow to pressure, which will cause issues with Montgomery.  Ross is a great character, even if her taste in men is questionable...LOL!

• Like 6

Is this tedious election story finally finished now? Can we just stop talking about it and get rid of Dixon while we're at it? I am so over this boring nonsense story and this boring villain, I just want to forget about all of it. Why exactly was everyone congratulating Travis like he single handedly defeated Dixon? His campaign manager did most of the work during his "campaign" and it was the other guy who actually beat him, I guess everyone was happy that he stepped down after making Dixon look bad on TV a few times and let the actual professional win? 

Theo, Andy, and Sullivan all looked like children bickering with each other, trying to undermine each other, lecturing each other, they looked more like the Three Stooges more three perspective firefighter captain. Andy still seems like the best option, Theo is obsessed with proving how much he deserves to be captain (while treating his girlfriend/subordinate badly) and Sullivan always puts his ambitions first, she's the best option of people who are interested, even if she also has flaws. The chain of command in this house is basically nonexistent, people can just decide not to follow someone because they don't like them personally, and understandable concerns, like Vic's worry about Beckett, are blown off. 

The Vic and Beckett scenes were nice, I've always liked Beckett even if he's often a jerk. 

On 5/15/2023 at 8:25 AM, RoxiP said:

My personal opinion (totally unfounded on facts) is that Ross will end up making Ben the captain.  I don't even think he's qualified but I think she sees him as a true leader and mature.

Well, Ben hasn't changed jobs in about a week, so its about that time!

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Andy isn't usually petty on scene, though. Her acting out at the car wash seemed like a contrivance to set up just to undermine the obvious choice Ross would have otherwise made, to appoint Andy. This is why I think they are going to come from left field with someone we don't expect. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, possibilities said:

Andy isn't usually petty on scene, though. Her acting out at the car wash seemed like a contrivance to set up just to undermine the obvious choice Ross would have otherwise made, to appoint Andy. This is why I think they are going to come from left field with someone we don't expect. 

Maybe whatshisname will get it as a consolation prize for not being mayor. 

4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

The Vic and Beckett scenes were nice, I've always liked Beckett even if he's often a jerk. 

I've always liked Beckett, too.  Also, I sometimes understood him being a jerk to that self-righteous crew.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

Ruiz is a big, insecure, jealous baby.  

And wonder if Carina will adopt the baby?

I was thinking somehow Jack would decide to adopt, but Carina and Maya makes much more sense.

And yes, Ruiz is a big, insecure, jealous baby. Also, kind of a jerk.

I am glad Ross survived. Her dying would have been an awful end to her story. I also thought if she died someone would say she never officially put in the paperwork to make Andy captain and rip it out from under her. But it seems like Andy is solidly in place, so good.

Travis was really compassionate with a dying Dixon. He is a good person. I don't know if I was supposed to feel bad about Dixon dying though, because he is an awful person. That lingering shot of his dead eyes was awfully creepy though.

I assume Jack will survive, unless the actor is leaving?

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Like 7
(edited)

I wanted Ruiz to bite the dust instead of Dixon. 

I wish they had briefly shown Beckett getting better, maybe at an AA meeting. 

And yes, it would make sense for Carina to adopt the baby.  That poor mom though. 

I forgot about poor Jack.  I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't survive.  

Edited by Crashcourse
(edited)

I was thinking the same thing about the baby going to Carina and Maya. 

I don't like the bangs on Maya or the hairstyle Vic was wearing tonight. Vic is gorgeous, but I like her normal hair.

Theo is a jerk. Ditto the extremely rude newbie who was terrible to Jack. Frankly, the overgrown baby and the sycophant deserve each other. May they contain their awfulness between the two of them. ANd maybe transfer them both to another house? 

They'd better not kill Jack. I'm tired of them torturing him. It's like someone actually enjoys seeing him in pain. That person is not me.

Sullivan is only a teeny tiny bit less of an asshole than Theo. And I'm not even sure that teeny tiny bit exists. Ross should not take him back. She deserves a grown up. And yeah, when I thought they might have killed her, I was not sure I would ever forgive the show.

Travis with Dixon was incredibly generous. I won't miss Dixon, and if they had to kill someone, it might as well have been him. 

I loved Miranda taking the mic and not backing down when Kitty tried to stop her. May we all have that look in our eyes when necessary.

I don't like Kitty, and I don't get why she was so in love with her vile husband. If anybody had to grieve this week, I'm fine with it being her.

I felt terrible for the pregnant woman. We barely met her, but Jack did a good job of making us care about her. Of all the people to be calm and generous and not have his own trauma triggered by the conversation they were having, making it be him was a hell of a choice to show how far he's come and make us be even more upset when he collapsed. It's in character for him to be a caretaker, but it was still something to see him seem to sincerely get the woman's point of view and not be side-tracked by flashbacks to his own pain.

Vic and Natasha both deserve adults for partners. I was enjoying seeing Vic happy when she and Theo were getting along, and (like with Jack) I am tired of seeing her suffer. But I liked that she finally told Theo the truth and was able to extricate herself without appearing to be too traumatized by his bullshit. 

The show seems to have a big budget for party scenes. I hope they redirect it for rescues next season, though. The balance of soap opera to rescue stories has been a little too far towards soap, for my tastes, this season. 

Ben's speech for his award was just enough. 

It's nice to see everyone  being excited to have Andy as their captain. I was worried there'd be a problem with people not wanting to see her take charge after having been peers for so long. If that's coming, at least it didn't start off that way, Theo and Sullivan aside.

Edited by possibilities
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

I was real worried, with Ross telling Andy she was Captain so early, that the end of the episode would have had Ross dying or Andy sustaining a life threatening injury, but I'm glad that both those were avoided. I'm glad Andy got to officially be named Captain, even if she has Sullivan and Theo a bit pissy at her (Theo more so).

Speaking of Theo, man, they're gonna drag out his assholery into next season. Fantastic.... seriously, though, we know this isn't the Theo we've seen for the past couple of seasons so I hope someone gets to the root of the problem eventually, but he's not pleasant to watch right now, especially when he cheats on Vic and lies about it. I need Theo to get told off and suffer consequences for his actions, but also want him to figure his shit out and go back to the guy we've seen, who is typically a very sweet and compassionate guy.

I just want Theo to figure out why he's being so mean toward Vic, in particular, and apologize and stop doing it.

Sullivan's an asshole, but that's always been who he is. There's no surprise from him treating Ross like this, breaking up with her because she didn't give him Captain, and then regretting his life choices when he thought she was dead. 

Ben's speech was great, and loved seeing Bailey give HER tribute to Ben.

Poor pregnant girl. I actually hope her and the baby survives, but it seems more likely that Carina and Maya adopt him.

Oh, not Jack. I can't imagine them killing ANOTHER male character off. Literally, at this point, the only recurring or main male character who has managed to escape the show without dying is Emmett (Beckett may be back so his fate is TBD). I do think it would be more interesting to see him survive, but with an injury that could take him out of firefighting. That COULD lead to more clinic scenes? But it all depends if he survives this and if the show even wants to commit to non-firefighter scenes. They struggle enough with Carina.

At least Carina/Maya ended the season happy and drama-free.

• Like 7
10 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Travis was really compassionate with a dying Dixon. He is a good person. I don't know if I was supposed to feel bad about Dixon dying though, because he is an awful person. That lingering shot of his dead eyes was awfully creepy though.

I agree, Travis showed why he was such a good person and that Dixon even recognized that at the end. But he got a cartoon villain ending just as he has been, despite the fact we are full of a world of Dixon's. The wife doing her screaming at the end felt very natural. She has had a self destructive marriage to him her entire life. Her money, but she liked the power he commanded, but showed at the end, she did love him. But seriously, I'm glad Dixon is finally gone. 

• Like 6

I swear, if they kill off Jack I might just have to quit the show. After everything he's been through, killing him off in some freak accident now that things are finally looking up for him would be too cruel. This show just keeps kicking the poor guy while he's down, he better make it out of this alright. I really liked his scenes with that poor pregnant woman, he was great supporting her and not making it all about his own issues, he really has grown a lot. 

Ding Dong Dixon's gone! Travis really is a good person, he gave Dixon much more grace than he deserves, which even Dixon sort of acknowledged at the end. I'm just happy he's not going to be wasting our time with his mustache twirling villainy anymore. 

I'm glad that Andy became captain, she's deserved it for a long time. I was worried about her and Ross after Andy became captain, so I was very relived when Ross woke up. I don't know if I want her to get back with Sullivan though, he's always going to put himself first. 

Wow, Theo really jumped fully into asshole territory after wading into the asshole pool ever since he made captain, making out with the first woman willing to fluff his ego. I don't know why this stitch flipped and he went from nice caring guy to jealous petty jerk, but I hope that it switches back when he realizes why he's been so awful to Vic. She deserves better. 

I almost thought that Ben would say "again?" or something when he found out that the ball's floor had collapsed. Its always something with these guys. 

Fun seeing Riley Smith here, he's great at being both smug and likable. I really miss Nancy Drew. 

• Like 3
On 5/18/2023 at 11:21 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Poor pregnant girl. I actually hope her and the baby survives, but it seems more likely that Carina and Maya adopt him.

I hope the show doesn't try that.  In reality, even if the mother dies and they wanted the baby, they'd be at the end of a long line of biological relatives and adoptive/foster parents who are already in the system and ready to go, before they were ever considered.  And that doesn't even get into the fact that Maya just had a very recent nervous breakdown that required her to be hospitalized. 

On 5/18/2023 at 11:21 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Sullivan's an asshole, but that's always been who he is. There's no surprise from him treating Ross like this, breaking up with her because she didn't give him Captain, and then regretting his life choices when he thought she was dead. 

I hope Ross doesn't take him back.  You don't want to be with someone who was fine dumping you right up until your life is in danger.  That tells me he only wants to be with her out of guilt. 

• Like 4

The birthmother gets to choose who adopts the baby, if she survives. If she dies, though, then yes, I don't see Maya and Carina getting the child.

I was actually a little scared Jack was going to insta-bond with the woman, and the baby, and try to start another family again. I was glad that didn't happen.

• Like 6

Shallow stuff:

It was nice to see everyone spruced up. Sullivan's white tux... whoa.  Vic's snappy little bob. Andy's sexy shoes. Maya's bangs.

Good Stuff:

Glad Andy got the job.  it feels right.

I mean, if they are gonna have a fire, the best place is at a firefighter party, amirite?

Kitty Dixon: "You can't use the microphone"

Miranda: Stares motherfuckerly at her.

Kitty Dixon: "ok, go ahead."

Funny stuff:

I love the running gag of Kitty not recognizing ben

There was one shot that I think was unintentionally hilarious.  They were delivering the baby and they were just pulling the baby from the mom, when the shot morphed into a bald headed Sullivan emerging from the ballroom floor hole with Natasha. 

On brand stuff:

I knew that server was gonna go into labor the minute we met her.  And how lucky to have Carina right there. 

The cuts between Sullivan working on saving Natasha and Carina/Ben working on saving the baby.

Dixon dying with Travis being his unintenional death Doula.

Theo ratcheting up his asshole to Mach 10.

Jack in Crisis.   I am sure the head wound will cause him some temporary memory loss so he can't tell Vic about Theo and Kate dry humping in a closet.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, DearEvette said:

There was one shot that I think was unintentionally hilarious.  They were delivering the baby and they were just pulling the baby from the mom, when the shot morphed into a bald headed Sullivan emerging from the ballroom floor hole with Natasha. 

Yeah, that was funny.

But that was the point that I thought that Natasha was dead, because I was sure that Sullivan would have known better than to try and carry her out without immobilising her first in case of spinal injuries. 

• Like 3

Dixon death was an example of a "pet character". Seriously, after season 2, that should have been it for the characters, but the writers had to have "their story". I mean everything they did was just a reflection on not only the cliche bad boss, but modern day politics. Them ending him the way they did, was pretty much them admitting: "We don't know what else to do with the character." 

On 5/21/2023 at 4:43 PM, DearEvette said:

glad to see it wasn't just me. For a second I thought it was the baby's head and then just cracked up

• LOL 1
(edited)

Two things that I was wondering about:

1. Andy instructed them to shut down the power twice; how was the music playing and the lights working?

2. Dixon said that Travis was his favourite from all the boys that Emmett brought home - what boys? When we met Emmett he was engaged to a woman and deeply in the closet and Dixon said that Emmett didn't bring any boys after Travis.

Loved Miranda's and Natasha's gown; both of them looked great as did Andy (even though I didn't like her dress). 

Natasha's "I'm asking you to love me" to Sullivan reminded me of Meredith's "Pick me" to Derek - not a fan. Natasha deserves so much better as does Vic (why did they make Ruiz into such a jerk? Can nobody (except for Ben and Miranda) have a loving, drama free relationship?)

I would have liked for there to have been some mention of Beckett - I've always liked him.

All in all, a decent season finale. 

Edited by christie
  • Like 5

I’m kind of not surprised. Especially with the pick up of 9-1-1. Not only did ABC actively bring on another first responder show but they put it on the same night in some prime scheduling real estate. 8 PM on Thursdays is a valuable slot.

I’m going to assume that Ben will just transfer right back to Gray Sloan. And that Carina’s actress will continue to appear there as well.

• Like 2

I like 911 but I like this show a more. I loathe Grey's, so if any characters transfer, I will not be following them.

Canceling as how that's #2 in the demo is a bit unusual, so I am guessing it has to be actors wanting out of their contracts. 911 is also an expensive show, and it's also an aging franchise --with star power, besides, so it has to be expensive not only in production costs but also salaries. 

But maybe they thought they didn't want two fire/rescue shows competing with each other and splitting the audience, and they picked 911 for some reason?

Maybe we'll get more info as people start talking about their exits.

• Like 1

It is a little strange that ABC would cancel a fairly high rated show. As for actors wanting out of their contracts, I’m sorry, but none of them have a significant name recognition. I can’t imagine there’s a ton of projects out there waiting for them. Having a regular gig on a Shondaland production is a pretty good deal. It would seem a bit odd if this came down to actors wanting to move on.

If it’s a matter of expensive production, I would think 9-1-1 would be the more expensive show. I have to believe Angela Bassett and Peter Krause cost more than Jaina Ortiz and Gray Damon. And 9-1-1 has a larger cast too.

Edited by anna0852
  • Like 2

It does seem odd that Station 19 would be cancelled, especially given it has one of the highest ratings on ABC currently, but I guess if ABC wants 9-1-1 to work (it garners more success online, I guess) and they don't want two firefighting shows, I guess choosing to cancel Station 19 makes sense. 

But I agree with some other theories; usually, in these cases, it's all about money, so them getting 9-1-1 is going to cost a hell of a lot of money. If 9-1-1 can maintain their ratings, or even increase their ratings from Fox, I can see why they chose it over Station 19, if that's even what has happened.

But I think part of it is that, despite Station 19 doing well on the network, it probably doesn't do well streaming OR social media-wise in the way that 9-1-1 does. Station 19 does fine, but I guess not enough for the network to commit to it for longer. They may also be looking to pick up new shows that may be more expensive, and they're willing to sacrifice Station 19 to free up their budget and schedule. I guess we won't really know the answer, at the end of the day. It's probably a lot of reasons behind this decision.

I personally prefer 9-1-1 to Station 19 (both aren't great shows but I find 9-1-1 more entertaining) so I'm not particularly upset by this; however, only having 10 episodes to conclude the series is what I'm disappointed about. I think 13 episodes would be enough to conclude, but 10 episodes feels short.

• Like 2

The initial contract for a new series usually runs for seven seasons. I have no idea how exactly that works since, as far as I know, there are salary negotiations in between each season but maybe they commit for 7 seasons and it's only the salary that gets negotiated or something.
In any case, it's possible that ABC doesn't want to negotiate new contracts under the new bargaining agreement as they think it would make the show too expensive? (I don't know how important syndication still is but I'm not seeing this show on other channels and I also don't know if it's been sold into foreign markets. The US market may not be able to give ABC enough of a profit or they feel like it's going to give them enough of a profit under the new bargaining agreement (especially since the writers have a new one as well)).

(edited)

So we do get one more season, right?  Not going to lie - I still watch Grey's and have also enjoyed Station 19, so I'll be sorry to see it go.  Never watched 9-1-1 so not sure I will start now.

Apparently they both will premiere March 14.

Edited by RoxiP
  • Like 1

The premiere for the 7th and final season of Station 19 is tonight, March 14, 2024 at 10:00 PM EDT (looks like ABC has returned the original schedule of having Station 19 following Grey's Anatomy)

Per TV Guide.com, the episode title is "This woman's work".

• Useful 1

The "torment Jack" agenda continues....

I thought for a few minutes that the show as actually NOT going to have Maya and Carina adopt the baby! 

I don't understand why Sullivan is so naive and unwilling to believe there are politics. I really can't stand him andI actually think less of the Chief because of her affection for him. Other than that, I like her.

The network promoted this episode with a lot of sex scenes that were not in the episode... and then they gave us a moment between Emmett and Travis that I never expected. When I saw Peter Paige listed in the producer credits, it explained a lot. How did I not know he was involved with this show? 

I love Vic. I am glad they didn't kill her off.

• Like 1

Did Emmet and Travis have sex with the door open when his mother was right downstairs? That is all I could think about. I was probably supposed to be worried Travis was cheating on that guy whose name I can't remember and forgot about until I saw them together at the beginning.

I really liked Vic in this episode. And I liked Andy's speech about being the best captain 19 has ever seen. She reminded me they have had so many captains in the last few years.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Did Emmet and Travis have sex with the door open when his mother was right downstairs? That is all I could think about. I was probably supposed to be worried Travis was cheating on that guy whose name I can't remember and forgot about until I saw them together at the beginning.

Yeah, Travis has really terrible judgment.  And I also forgot he was seeing his ex-campaign manager.

I might have also made this complaint last season, but I roll my eyes at the way tv shows sometimes treat orphaned babies as though all it takes to adopt or foster one is to simply be the first to call dibs. 

• Like 6

Poor Jack, he just cant catch a break. Firefighting is such a huge part of his life and identity, this is going to crush him even more than his last five traumas. 

Wow, the 19 really has had a lot of captains, no wonder Andy is so ready for her turn, its like they had to promote every single person in Seattle before she got her turn. I almost expected them to offer the captaincy to Marcia before they finally offered it to Andy. 

Travis sleeping with his grieving ex in the same house as his mom while he has a boyfriend can only end poorly, like so many of Travis's messy choices. 

I love how in TV land you can just call dibs on any random orphaned baby you happen to find. 

• Like 5
On 3/18/2024 at 12:48 PM, tennisgurl said:

Travis sleeping with his grieving ex in the same house as his mom while he has a boyfriend can only end poorly, like so many of Travis's messy choices. 

I guess this was the week for Travis to double down on his poor choices.

I'm also already tired of everyone acting like Gibson is dead just because he can no longer be a firefighter.  

• Like 1