Type keyword(s) to search

Spring Baking Championship - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Dottie D said:

It's hard to take Jaleesa seriously as the result of the judges bias for her. It's a joke. 

Apparently she made the greatest chocolate cake in the history of the world. Sorry, the judging was way over the top. 

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I watched to see Romy leave.  I don't blame him for not wanting to play with sprinkles. What a joke. You could see it in his and in Dennis's face that neither found this funny. Especially with Molly giggling about it. 

This feels like a baking squid game. No one seems happy and they are just trying to survive.

Romy did drop that Mike! 

Total BS....Romy should have never been in the bottom 2, much less in Molly's stupid ass sprinkle cook-off. They just didn't want to  send Dennis home. He didn't even make his dough... and Romy's was just teensy bit under. If they couldn't stand to let Dennis go, they should just had a final 4. Jeleesa's cake may have been delicious... but was decorated like a cake I could buy at Kroger. Nothing wrong with Kroger cakes... but, I wouldn't pay $25k for one. Poor Romy!!! 

• Love 17

They both looked so pissed off and then when she said sprinkles, I thought Romy was going to lose it. Number 1, 1 hr and here they just baked and she wants some dumb shit with sprinkles. Sprinkles are for kids or donuts. I'm not knocking sprinkles, but they don't belong in the finale for this show. 

I shouldn't have read the spoiler. Now I'm pissed off.

I felt so bad for Romy, it was an emotional day for him and here she was saying sprinkles. 

Food Network really needs to get rid of her hosting and she should not have control over what they bake. They should be baking with things that show their skills and not shit that needs to be baked for the kids baking championship. 

• Love 20
(edited)
2 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

They both looked so pissed off and then when she said sprinkles, I thought Romy was going to lose it. Number 1, 1 hr and here they just baked and she wants some dumb shit with sprinkles. Sprinkles are for kids or donuts. I'm not knocking sprinkles, but they don't belong in the finale for this show. 

I shouldn't have read the spoiler. Now I'm pissed off.

I felt so bad for Romy, it was an emotional day for him and here she was saying sprinkles. 

Food Network really needs to get rid of her hosting and she should not have control over what they bake. They should be baking with things that show their skills and not shit that needs to be baked for the kids baking championship. 

And Molly was telling them they could make cookies, brownies or bars. Was this a PTA bake sale?

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, 40Love said:

Total BS....Romy should have never been in the bottom 2, much less in Molly's stupid ass sprinkle cook-off. They just didn't want to  send Dennis home. He didn't even make his dough... and Romy's was just teensy bit under. If they couldn't stand to let Dennis go, they should just had a final 4. Jeleesa's cake may have been delicious... but was decorated like a cake I could buy at Kroger. Nothing wrong with Kroger cakes... but, I wouldn't pay $25k for one. Poor Romy!!! 

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought her cake was bullshit. I think everyone else actually did harder shit and here she was making a cake. Whoopee and all her shit in the past hasn't been decorated like Carolyn or Romy

• Love 15
(edited)

The fix was in from the beginning towards Jaleesa. She should have been gone weeks ago, but was always saved.  All she did was make a basic chocolate cake, but the judges were coming all over themselves, all the while the other three made more complicated bakes.  As far as the comment that Romy ruined his tart with the broken heart, that is totally bogus.  They wanted a family bake, so Romy literally put his broken heart on the plate.  Then the whole thing with Molly’s insane love of sprinkles, that destroyed the show.  I’ll confess, I DESPISE sprinkles. To me, once they’re on anything, they morph into a nasty thing that tastes more like wet paper.

FN, if you allow Molly or Kardea back on this show, you might as well flush it down the toilet.  

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 22
6 minutes ago, 40Love said:

And Dennis’ decoration in the preheat was a couple of real flowers on the plate. That was it. No effort spent on it but idiot Nancy says “you really brought the spring.” 

• Love 8

I came here to see what happened.  Absolutely shameful.  So then I went to Molly’s own IG page to see what was being said.  You would not believe all of the absurd comments from clearly paid commenters, praising her as the best host ever ever ever.  And the season is the best ever ever ever.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Ooh, the tea is hot!  Romy may have a non-disclosure agreement, but perhaps he's going rogue (attached are 2 screen caps -- one with a biting review of the cookie saaaahlad this season has been and the next *shows Romy liking it)

20220502_214015.jpg

20220502_214002.jpg

Edited by littlebennysmom
corrected spelling
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, littlebennysmom said:

Ooh, the tea is hot!  Romy may have a non-disclosure agreement, but perhaps he's going rogue (attached are 2 screen caps -- one with a biting review of the cookie saaaahlad this season has been and the next *shows Romy liking it)

20220502_214015.jpg

20220502_214002.jpg

It really was a walmart cake. And not only were they told not to make a cake, she forgot to add something.

• Love 15
18 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

Yes, you could tell Dennis wanted to walk right out with Romy! Sprinkles! So ridiculous. Duff, the only judge with any baking cred, should be ashamed for letting this happen. All you have to do is look at Romy’s IG page and see his past creations from way before this stinking show. He is a true artist. He is getting lots of ❤️ on IG. 

Molly is the most intrusive host on any show I’ve ever seen. Noel and Matt on GBBO annoy me quite often but this over-the-top teeth baring fake cuteness chick who hogs the camera is too much. 

This!  I am surprised Duff would let this happen.  I have lost a little respect for Duff.  He knows how this is going an let it happen. IF they dont change it then it's just a paycheck for them. At least that what I think.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

The capper was Molly trying to rewrite the history we had just seen!  Romy left because he thought the sprinkles challenge was a complete joke and unworthy of him.  Not because of the stress!  

What a crap show of a season.

• Love 24

Dennis's decorating sucked.  The "Lace" was yellowy and supremely sloppy.  The ribbon effect was beautiful but didn't go with his theme and the colors clashed with the yellowy lace.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Apparently she made the greatest chocolate cake in the history of the world. Sorry, the judging was way over the top. 

After being told not to bake a cake. Total BS. Romy is my hero.

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

It really was a walmart cake. And not only were they told not to make a cake, she forgot to add something.

And any other year, they would've said, "Really? You made a layer cake for the finale???" 

• Love 8

We have somehow entered a multiverse where rose, blueberry and cookies & cream are a winning flavor combination. I’d prefer to remain in a multiverse where those flavors together make you barf.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16

Sprinkles might have been the straw that broke the camel’s back, but I think what really devastated Romy was the judges’ criticism of his cake’s decoration, after he’d explained how meaningful it was to him.  That was just cruel.  You could see him react to that comment like he’d been punched in the gut.

• Like 1
  • Love 10

It's also interesting that there was a whole crowd of people supporting Jaleesa when she had her panic attack.  Did one person go after Romy and ask if he was OK?  Try to calm him down?  Try to get him to come back?  There might be some great behind the scenes footage that will never see the light of day, if a producer went to talk to Romy and he bluntly told them a competition with sprinkles and cookie salad is not worthy of his skills.

• Love 20
(edited)

“It’s the finals, bakers, your last time in MY kitchen, so bring your best…and by that I mean put up with me taking up your valuable time by having to give me a dissertation on why you’re  making what you’re making.  Bonus points if it’s something I like so I can jump up and down like a four-yr-old.”

and with that, I’m out.  If Molly is back, I won’t be.  Worst host ever.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 24