Type keyword(s) to search

S07:E01 Octavia's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Does Activia ever get up? Even when Nichelle is cooking, this woman can't sit up and be respectful or maybe sit in the kitchen and make the salad. Lazy. Lazy. Worse than a teenage boy. 

eta - I see I wasn't the only one who is tired of her laying down to eat.

Edited by aliya
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

If that was KFC, they do have grilled options.    Most chicken places have grilled tenders.   They should have ordered everything grilled, no sides, the family pack, and they could have had meals for days that were good for them.     And paying for delivery when you have a vehicle is just crazy.      I was tempted to order delivery a while ago, and looked at how much they would have charged to pick up from a place three blocks away, and changed my mind.     There are so many decent alternatives to fried chicken tenders and biscuits, and probably a ton of butter on the biscuits.  

So no therapy again.    What a shock that isn't.    And blowing off Dr. Now is not a way to stay in the program.      

Oh goody, hunky EMTs and fireman time again!     I'm so shallow these days.   Dang, Octavia is ruining my life, cancelling my chance to see hunky fire guys.   

OK, first weigh in 692, then down to  534, up to 646, and down 8 to 638.     The stress excuse again.   Adjusted to what?   A different mattress?   " It is what it is"  from the enabler, I'm starting to hate both of them.   I pity her home health aide, she's got a rotten job.   She's also an optimist that's about to find out she's going to be run over by a two person avalanche.   Two months from now I bet the aide will be gone, and the weight won't be down 100 lbs.  

My doctor told me that Fast food grilled chicken is full of sodium.  A burger patty on top of a salad might be better. I love salt, I could sit here and eat a family sized bag of chips in one sitting so I can keep them in the house or else I will end up on this show ;)

Edited by sainte-chapelle

Pizza and chips for a celebration from a Dr. Now beat down?    

Tell me that's fat free dressing, and by the way, half a bottle on that amount of salad is way too much.   

Therapy is a good step, and I'm really rooting for her, and hope her friend really means it that she's going to get healthy too. 

Started at 692, down to 584, up to 646, down to 638, and two months later when she was supposed to lose 100 lbs, the answer is:

585 lbs. down 99 lbs.   I didn't think she could do it, but I'm glad I was wrong.

Down to 527, another 58 lbs gone before surgery.    I hope she ends up a success story.  

Tomorrow's Supersized: Octavia Story is at 9 pm central/10 eastern.    They're playing with the schedules again.  They better start having some interesting tidbits on the supersized, the last few were really boring.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

So what's the weather like in Minot this winter?  We are retired Army living  in WI.  I love all references to military life!

Cold. Lol Not too bad really. Not much snow though. We've been here for 4 years. A couple of years ago we had feet of snow. It's supposed to be in the 40s next week. Time to break out the shorts! 

• Love 2

They never even try to make their diet food look remotely appetizing. And seriously, make your own salad dressing. It is so much more delicious than anything you can buy. 

Oh Nichelle. "We've done everything together" Climbed Everest, surfed in Australia, sipped vin ordinaire at Paris bistros.....oh, wait. Sat in a tiny apartment, stuffing down candy. That's it, pretty much. 

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

So what's the weather like in Minot this winter?  We are retired Army living  in WI.  I love all references to military life!

I've been through Minot!  We took the train from Ann Arbor to Portland and stopped for a bit in Minot. I went to the Safeway. That is my Minot story. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, aliya said:

I've been through Minot!  We took the train from Ann Arbor to Portland and stopped for a bit in Minot. I went to the Safeway. That is my Minot story. 

This made me laugh maybe more than anything else today.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

That made me laugh! We actually love it here. Great base and great people! 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CringeWatcher said:

I’m going to DVR it. Tomorrow is a school day :-(

Don't remind me. It was like trying to raise the Titanic with tweezers this morning with my 8 year old to get him out of bed. 

• Love 6

I guess the surgery will need to wait for her follow up episode?  I’m glad she did finally figure it out.

Never mind!!  Surgery IS happening.

Edited by ThereButFor

Actually, I'm betting almost all of the poundticipants with decent heads of hair are wearing wigs.    That's why so many wear turbans or something when they're not ready to do their hair. 

I really hoped she would be more mobile by now.  

I was admiring the floor also.   I bet it's Luxury Vinyl Plank, it's what my house has, and it looks similar, plus it's not slippery.   It could be the wood look tile too, since the apartment looks pretty upscale inside.      If it flooded during Hurricane Harvey, that could be a reason everything looks brand new.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7

God Bless that home health aide (I think Dr. Now said her name is Colita?). Whatever that wonderful lady is paid, it ain't enough. She should really look into going back to school and becoming a professional nutritionist. BTW, she should get a name change to "Angel From Heaven!"

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Effing Autocorrect!
  • Love 11